Searching for Hal Turner

These people suck. They are bad people.
DrConspiracy
Verified:

Searching for Hal Turner

Post by DrConspiracy »

I came across a post on a Facebook shortwave listening group from someone who had heard and was troubled by a program from Hal Turner, the white supremacist radio shock jock who was sentenced to 33 months in prison for threatening and doxing 3 federal judges in 2009. He was a birther too.

To refresh my memory about the guy I entered a Google search for what I had written about him on my blog, using the search terms:

"hal turner" site:obamaconspiracy.org

Google returned nothing except the blog's search page. Google worked fine searching for other people on my site. I tried Bing and that returned the 4 pages about him on my blog. Dogpile returned some. Yahoo found them. DuckDuckGo found many more, apparently including results from comments in addition to articles. Something odd is going on in Google land.

In any case, Hal Turner is on the radio M-F from 9-10 PM on WBCQ, WRMI and KYAH. KYAH is an AM station on 540 kHz in Delta, Utah. The other two are more interesting because they're commercial shortwave broadcasting stations that carry a wide variety of paid programming. The WRMI (Okeechobee, Florida) frequencies for the show are 7730, 5950 kHz. The WBCQ frequencies are 7490 and 6160; the station is in Monticello, Maine.

Alex Jones' Info Wars is also on shortwave (where I first heard him many, many years ago) on WWCR. Here's the program schedule.
Suranis

Searching for Hal Turner

Post by Suranis »

Part of whats going on is that the Google Search Algorithm has been researched, prodded, gamed, shat on and in general rendered next door to useless by 15 odd years of people trying to get THEIR result into the front page. Google has been messing with it from their end too for adverts and other spyware crap.

Bing is, and I cant believe I'm typing this, actually one of the best search engines out there right now, and will probably remain so until it takes over from Google, at which point the Criminals will render THAT useless.

Anyway, don't use Google, kids. Its shockingly awful at this point.
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Searching for Hal Turner

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Bing has been my search engine for YEARS!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Searching for Hal Turner

Post by bill_g »

WBCQ is a one-of-a-kind station in Montecello Maine with a 200 ton rotating antenna operating at 7.490 MHz, 9.330 MHz, 5.130 MHz, 3.265 MHz, and 6.160 MHz. It has program space for anyone that can afford it. At 500kW, it is an absolute flame thrower.

http://wbcq.com
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Searching for Hal Turner

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Wasn't Hal Turner big in the 70's with "Late Great Planet Earth" and stuff? Or am I, as usual, confused?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Searching for Hal Turner

Post by northland10 »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:15 am Wasn't Hal Turner big in the 70's with "Late Great Planet Earth" and stuff? Or am I, as usual, confused?
That was Hal Lindsay. A different Hal and also not HAL.
101010 :towel:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Searching for Hal Turner

Post by Kriselda Gray »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:31 am
Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:15 am Wasn't Hal Turner big in the 70's with "Late Great Planet Earth" and stuff? Or am I, as usual, confused?
That was Hal Lindsay. A different Hal and also not HAL.
OK, like I thought, confused :) THanks!
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Searching for Hal Turner

Post by bill_g »

HAL - open the pod bay doors.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”