RFK Jr. 2024- Antivaxxer Robert Francis Kennedy Jr. Jan 17, 1954 - Capricorn / Horse

AndyinPA
Verified:

2024: RFK Jr - Antivaxxer Robert Francis Kennedy Jr. Jan 17, 1954 - Capricorn / Horse

Post by AndyinPA »

He's farther around the bend than I thought, and racist, too. :cantlook:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

2024: RFK Jr - Antivaxxer Robert Francis Kennedy Jr. Jan 17, 1954 - Capricorn / Horse

Post by raison de arizona »

No wonder he’s such a darling of conservative media.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Nutters like Kennedy never ask "how come these super-clever, mega-evil, invisible, genocidal demons haven't bumped me off for exposing their dirty secrets?"

If Teh Joos are happy to murder millions of innocents with their life-saving vaccines, surely knocking off one extra asshole wouldn't be a problem!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Fuck him.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I'd vote for Hunter Biden before him. :lol:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I've said it before: the wrong Kennedy lived.
Foggy
Dick Tater

WAIT, I THOUGHT CAPRICORN WAS THE GOAT.

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Why does the title say "capricorn / horse". Isn't capricorn the goat?

The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

I believe the Capricorn refers to the Western Zodiac, and Horse to the Chinese Zodiac, but I could be wrong.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:17 pm I believe the Capricorn refers to the Western Zodiac, and Horse to the Chinese Zodiac, but I could be wrong.
You aren't. That's what it is :)
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Ah, okay. Ya learn something new here every dang day. :batting:
raison de arizona

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:03 am No wonder he’s such a darling of conservative media.
Fox News @FoxNews wrote: 'DEMOCRACY WORKS': @RobertKennedyJr explains why Biden needs to come to the debate stage in the election primaries.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Does Robert F Kennedy think he can Gish gallop the discussion and Biden will join the fun :?: :brickwallsmall:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:00 am He's farther around the bend than I thought, and racist, too. :cantlook:
To be fair, that's not what he said.

What he said was that there was a scientific article showing that COVID 19 had a harder time infecting Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese folks than it did infecting Blacks and Caucasians, BUT that didn't mean that the virus had been engineered to do that; that this was just an indicator that such things might be possible in the bioweapons biz.

That said: 1) the racism is still clear, 2) the article he was quoting didn't say what he said it did (according to the actual scientists), and 3) he threw in a casual mention of the US biolabs in Ukraine.

The third point was, for me, the most disgusting.

It makes me so sad that he has become this lying boor.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I mean, he's been a lying boor for at least 20 years, so :shrug:
raison de arizona

This guy can't fade back in obscurity fast enough, iffin' you ask me.
https://twitter.com/JohnFugelsang/statu ... 06880?s=20
John Fugelsang @JohnFugelsang wrote: I’ll never forget that time America manipulated Putin into believing Ukraine doesn’t exist as a real country before we manipulated him into committing mass slaughter against his smaller neighbor.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr @RobertKennedyJr wrote: Hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian youth have already died because America's foreign policy establishment manipulated their country into war to fulfill vain + futile geopolitical fantasy. Now, rather than acknowledge failure, Biden admin prepares to sacrifice American lives too.
raison de arizona

His own family is coming out against him.
https://twitter.com/KerryKennedyRFK/sta ... 76513?s=20
Kerry Kennedy @KerryKennedyRFK wrote: I STRONGLY condemn my brother's deplorable and untruthful remarks last week about Covid being engineered for ethnic targeting.
rfkhumanrights.org wrote: Statement by Kerry Kennedy on Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Recent Remarks | RFK Human Rights
At Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights we look to teach change through human rights advocacy for social justice. See how you can help.
His statements do not represent what I believe or what Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights stands for, with our 50+ year track record of protecting rights and standing against racism and all forms of discrimination.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yeah, I think the rest of the family would rather the earth opened up and swallowed him.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

RFK Jr had a lot of stupid shit to say in congress this morning, here's one.
Tom Olohan @tolohan wrote: .@RobertKennedyJr "Trusting the experts is not a function of science. It's not a function of democracy. It's a function of religion and totalitarianism, and it does not make for a healthier population."
NEVER TRUST AN EXPERT!
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Trusting the experts is not a function of science. It's not a function of democracy. It's a function of religion and totalitarianism, and it does not make for a healthier population.
Nope.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

FYI, CNN's Daniel Dale was fact checking his testimony.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

As Republicans elevate Robert Kennedy Jr., his polls sour

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -jr-polls/
The right’s thinly veiled campaign to elevate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. for its own political purposes culminated Thursday with his invitation to testify at a congressional hearing. It was a remarkable scene: a Democratic presidential candidate, who just last week suggested that the coronavirus could have been a “deliberately targeted” bioweapon to spare Chinese and Ashkenazi Jewish people while attacking White and Black people disproportionately, and who has regularly espoused debunked vaccine claims, welcomed by Republicans to the House “weaponization” subcommittee to drive a pet message in front of a national audience.
:snippity:
Quinnipiac University released a poll Wednesday showing Republicans continue to like Kennedy — by more than a 2-to-1 margin, in fact. But among Democrats, Kennedy’s image was more than 2-to-1 negative. While 21 percent had a favorable opinion, 47 percent had an unfavorable one. That’s 26 points “underwater,” up from 15 points underwater a month ago.

And a new poll out of New Hampshire is even worse for Kennedy. The University of New Hampshire Survey Center in April showed him 22 points underwater among likely Democratic primary voters; its latest poll now shows him 60 points underwater.

UNH’s surveys often include higher-than-normal unfavorable ratings for politicians, but that shift is remarkable. And notably, it comes among voters who tend to pay more attention than national voters do, by virtue of New Hampshire’s status as an early primary state.

Just 9 percent had a favorable opinion of Kennedy, compared with 69 percent who had an unfavorable one. The survey also asked people to use one word to describe Kennedy, and the most popular words were “crazy,” “dangerous,” “insane,” “nutjob,” “conspiracy” and “crackpot.” :snippity: :snippity:
raison de arizona

James Surowiecki @JamesSurowiecki wrote: RFK Jr says so many extraordinarily stupid and misleading things.

Here, he cites Haiti's and Nigeria's low Covid death rates as evidence that vaccination was not effective. Nigeria's median age is 17. Haiti's is 23.5. Of course they have a low Covid death rate.

The US also does not, contrary to what RFK JR suggested, have a high vax rate relative to other developed countries. It has a low vax rate - which is one of the key reasons we had such a high Covid death rate.

RFK Jr makes so many obviously dumb and deceptive statements, and the remarkable thing is that he seems to believe them. I don't know, in the end, if he's just extraordinarily self-deluded or willfully deceptive. I just know he's a fount of misinformation.

It's also hard to understand how RFK, Jr. reconciles Haiti's and Nigeria's low Covid death rate with his recent assertion that Covid is "ethnically targeted" at, among others, black people.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Now do Sweden, Bobby.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:20 pm
James Surowiecki @JamesSurowiecki wrote: RFK Jr makes so many obviously dumb and deceptive statements, and the remarkable thing is that he seems to believe them. I don't know, in the end, if he's just extraordinarily self-deluded or willfully deceptive. I just know he's a fount of misinformation.
Kennedy follows classical conspiracy theorist methodology. If corrected or presented with real evidence, he ignores it. He claims to be an expert (he says he has read "all the papers"!) but retreats to "not my speciality" when challenged to explain his nonsense.

Kennedy also makes many superficially plausible statements that are misleading or outright lies.

For example, he claims that none of the current childhood vaccines have been tested against placebos. This is correct, but entirely misleading.

Vaccines have improved since they were introduced decades ago. Have these newer vaccines been tested? Yes! But not against placebos, which would lack any active ingredients. Some/most? of the early Covid-19 vaccines were initially tested against placebos because there were no previous Covid-19 vaccines*.

So how are these tested? Not against placebos, against controls. The control group in a medical trial is typically "standard of care". The question being asked in the trial is NOT "is this medication or procedure better than doing nothing?", rather the question is "is this medication or procedure better than our current standard of care?"

To satisfy Kennedy's specious claims against, say, the MMR vaccines, there would have to be a trial of the vaccine in a country with endemic measles and a low vaccination rate and some of the children in the trial (20% or more, perhaps) would have to be given a placebo, an injection of saline.

Some of these children would die or be damaged by the measles, or by its indirect effects**. So such a cynical and murderous trial could never be ethical when the current standard of safe and effective care is the vaccine.
_____
* Some of AstraZeneca's vaccine trials used a meningococcus vaccine as the control, which has the advantage of causing some reaction in the body (but no immunity against SARS-CoV-2) which helps in blinding the trial, as participants won't gain a hint as to whether they had the real vaccine or the control, so won't adjust their behavior. There was speculation that the control might have made the vaccine look less (relatively) effective statistically because receiving a vaccine (any vaccine!) might have energized the recipients' immune systems, giving them a head start when they actually encounted the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
_____
** Measles infects macrophages (cells in the immune system) in the lungs, and these macrophages circulate and carry the virus to the lymph nodes, also part of the immune system. As the virus destroys these macrophages and other immune system cells, it also removes the immune system's memory of other diseases, meaning the child loses any immunity that already have to other infections. So there's not only the serious direct damage of the infection (e, but also lots of collateral damage. Measles is definitely best avoided.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

Return to “US President”