Still not 'duly elected' ... anything -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Post by raison de arizona »

Kari Lake's book is a must-read, if you like cheesy ego trips
Opinion: After reading an excerpt of Kari Lake's upcoming book, I have just one question: How could she possibly be a serious candidate for U.S. Senate?
Kari Lake's new book certainly shows how obsessed she is with portraying Stephen Richer as a criminal.
Laurie Roberts - Arizona Republic

“I don’t dream often, but when I do it has extra meaning. One dream, in particular, was unnerving. It felt like being doused by ice-cold water. One minute I was unconscious. The next, I was jolted awake. It took me a moment to collect my bearings. Except there wasn’t much to collect … .”

Kari Lake goes on to recount her fevered dream, in which she escapes the clutches of her kidnappers, a “scraggly ginger” named Stephen and his short, tiny-handed partner named Mr. Bill.

Fortunately, our hero foils them in her dreams, using nothing other than an old cheerleading move and a fake fingernail.

It’s all there, in her new book, “Unafraid.”

Which can be yours, starting on Tuesday, for the low, low price of $29.99.

Based on a excerpt making the rounds, you should absolutely pick it up if you like a cheesy read.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
:snippity:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion ... 357825007/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Guardian review notes Kari Lake goes hypocritically birther in her new hagiography.
She tags Barack Obama with the birther smear, deriding him as a man with a “mysterious past” who engaged in “flirtations with Marxism”. But she omits that she donated to Obama in 2008 and reportedly campaigned for him while a broadcaster, in violation of journalistic ethics. Indeed, Lake contributed to Obama’s campaign shortly after National Journal ranked him as the most liberal senator. His liberalism wasn’t a negative for Lake, until it was.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/ ... nier-trump
Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona

Lake claims the Obama donation was her husband, and that all the other donations were to Republicans. FWIW.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:48 am Lake claims the Obama donation was her husband, and that all the other donations were to Republicans. FWIW.
She also claims she's AZ governor, FWIW.
raison de arizona

:lol:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Ok. Lake lawsuit status as of last Wednesday, according to AZ Law
Although we hesitate to put this idea in the universe, but the grease needs to be applied to Lake's attorneys, Bryan Blehm and Kurt Olsen. Superior Court Judge Peter Thompson quickly ruled in the 2nd trial last month. Lake filed a Notice of Appeal on May 31, but has FAILED to file anything since then to move it along.

The Notice of Appeal indicated that they *might* try to transfer it to the Arizona Supreme Court or otherwise try to move it along; they have done neither. In fact, they have ignored their obligations under Rule 11 of ARCAP (the Arizona Rules of Civil Appellate Procedure). They were required to order transcripts by June 14 and then were required to notify the parties by June 16.

The Clerk of the Superior Court has until the end of this week to transmit the record to the Court of Appeals.
Then Lake posted this late Sunday on FB
Update: My attorneys are working on our appeal to our election case.

We’ve already filed a notice of appeal and we are waiting for a court date to be assigned.

I will never stop until Americans have faith, once again, in our elections.🇺🇸
I'm not sure if anything was actually filed yet with the Court of Appeals.

Correction. The transcript was filed.

https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/aacc/a ... 230393.PDF

Correct me if I'm wrong,
But I don't thing that filing a Notice of Appeal at the superior court level automagically generates a trial date in the Court of Appeals.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Sore Loser wrote: I will never stop until Americans have faith, once again, in our elections.🇺🇸
I don't know about faith, but this American is highly confident that Katie Hobbs is the duly elected Governor of Arizona, and this person is a grifter.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
somerset

Post by somerset »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:48 am Lake claims the Obama donation was her husband, and that all the other donations were to Republicans. FWIW.
I've been wondering what Mr Kari Lake thinks about his wife essentially moving in with tfg and doing *whatever* it takes to become his running mate. Now I think we know. She's setting the stage to follow in the footsteps of Palin, Boebert and MTG.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Chilidog wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:29 am Ok. Lake lawsuit status as of last Wednesday, according to AZ Law
Although we hesitate to put this idea in the universe, but the grease needs to be applied to Lake's attorneys, Bryan Blehm and Kurt Olsen. Superior Court Judge Peter Thompson quickly ruled in the 2nd trial last month. Lake filed a Notice of Appeal on May 31, but has FAILED to file anything since then to move it along.

The Notice of Appeal indicated that they *might* try to transfer it to the Arizona Supreme Court or otherwise try to move it along; they have done neither. In fact, they have ignored their obligations under Rule 11 of ARCAP (the Arizona Rules of Civil Appellate Procedure). They were required to order transcripts by June 14 and then were required to notify the parties by June 16.

The Clerk of the Superior Court has until the end of this week to transmit the record to the Court of Appeals.
Then Lake posted this late Sunday on FB
Update: My attorneys are working on our appeal to our election case.

We’ve already filed a notice of appeal and we are waiting for a court date to be assigned.

I will never stop until Americans have faith, once again, in our elections.🇺🇸
I'm not sure if anything was actually filed yet with the Court of Appeals.

Correction. The transcript was filed.

https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/aacc/a ... 230393.PDF

Correct me if I'm wrong,
But I don't thing that filing a Notice of Appeal at the superior court level automagically generates a trial date in the Court of Appeals.
I wrote, a couple pages back:
northland10 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:56 pm If I am reading correctly, I think she blew her time for an expedited election matter because she did file a NOA with the appeals court the day after the one was filed in the Superior Court. Therefore, it is sitting on the 30-day timeline for the Superior Court to transmit the record to the Court of Appeals, which will trigger the case at that level.
It does automatically generate a case in the appeals court (not a trial/hearing or any date) but it does not proceed until the superior court transmits the record, unless the appellant followed the expedited election matter process, which she did not.

It looks like the Superior Court transmitted the record on 29 June, fulfilling the 30-day timeline required by the rules. Now, the case is fully open and will go through the normal process (motions, briefings, hearings, etc).
101010 :towel:
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Lake's appeal was randomly transferred to Division 2 (Tucson) from Division 1 (Phoenix).

UPDATE: Kari Lake's Election Appeal Transferred... To Tucson (READ Order)
Kari Lake's slow-moving Election Contest appeal was transferred to the Tucson-based Division 2 of the Arizona Court of Appeals.

The lateral transfer was one of seven cases randomly selected on Friday to be sent from the much larger Division 1 (Phoenix) down the information superhighway to southern Arizona, as a way to "equalize caseloads".

The transfer order cites a statute (A.R.S. §12-120(E)) that "(a) matter may be transferred between divisions in order to equalize caseloads and for the best use of judicial resources." The divisions' jurisdictions and number of judges are also set by (that) statute - Division 2 has nine judges and draws appeals from the state's seven southernmost counties, while Division 1 has 18 judges for the other eight counties.

Identical transfer orders were sent out Friday in six other cases. It is not clear how often appeals get transferred between the divisions, but this is the first time Arizona's Law has seen a higher-profile case moved.

The Governor appoints the judges for both divisions.

In either court, Lake's attorneys appear to already be delinquent in moving the appeal forward. Not only did they not push to expedite the appeal - as permitted in a special court rule for election matters (Rule 10) - and not try to transfer the case to the Arizona Supreme Court (as they had indicated they might), but they are apparently delinquent in filing their Rule 11 statement. That entails designating what part of the trial transcripts they have ordered and giving the other parties the opportunity to order other parts.

Lake has not filed anything since filing the Notice of Appeal on May 31. The Maricopa County Superior Court Clerk's Office submitted the trial record to the Appeals Court on June 29, the last statutory day for them to do so. (It is likely they were waiting to see which court Lake was trying to choose.)

This is Lake's 2nd appeal. After the 1st trial in December resulted in dismissal, she took the appeal through Division 1 and the Arizona Supreme Court. The latter upheld the results of the trial, but found that the court should not have dismissed one of the other claims before trial. The May trial was for that remaining count, and again resulted in dismissal.
See the link for a copy of the order.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Let the countdown begin to her announcing the system is hindering her appeal with an undue burden. The tears will flow. The pleas (grift) will become louder. Oh, the things she must endure ...
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Seems like somebody was a little too busy to bother with her court case :hoover:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:43 pm Seems like somebody was a little too busy to bother with her court case :hoover:
The proper gif file for that post is not available and NSFW if it was.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

So. Over on the faceplant social media site, there was an account "The Kari Lake."

About 80% of the comments to her posts were people mocking her and pointing out her failures.

It's either off line, or I've been banned.

Another sign of her decent into impotent rage and obscurity.

Buh bye.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:43 pm Seems like somebody was a little too busy to bother with her court case :hoover:
Kari has been too busy grifting and applying a partial vacuum to a certain mushroom. ;) :rotflmao:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

The hits keep on coming. The AZ GOP is nearly bankrupt, they were down to $50K or some tiny number. Now this.

"Futile", "meritless" and worthy of sanctions: More sanctions for the Arizona GOP over frivolous "hand count audit process" case in Maricopa 2020. @AZGOP smacked down again: $18,237.59 + $8,946.63 for the AZ Secretary of State. Dwindling funds for 2024.

Details & filings at https://arizonaslaw.blogspot.com/2023/0 ... pdate.html

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Thaler is in some pretty deep shit
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
realist

Post by realist »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:34 am Thaler is in some pretty deep shit
After reading the story it sounds as if he’s getting away with it all. For now, he’s scot-free with no indication of ever being held accountable. What’s one more arrest warrant.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Boom shock a locka.

https://arizonaslaw.blogspot.com/2023/0 ... 4.html?m=1
Kari Lake and Mark Finchem's attorneys have been sanctioned $122,200 for Maricopa County's attorneys fees in a pre-2022 election lawsuit in which they falsely stated that Arizona does not use paper ballots.

Nationally-known attorney Alan Dershowitz tried to remove himself from the sanctions, but U.S. District Court Judge John Tuchi decided that he should be jointly/severally responsible for 10% of the sanctions.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bunny: :bunny: :blissy:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Looks like the Dersch skated a bit.

It sounds like the judge called him a fool in judge speak

The general deterrence concerns posed by Mr. Dershowitz’s conduct do require vindication, however. Attorneys must be reminded that their duties are not qualified in the way he suggests and that courts are entitled to rely on their signatures as certifications their filings are well-founded. The Court therefore will reduce Mr. Dershowitz’s share of responsibility to ten percent of the total fee award, but not eliminate it entirely.
raison de arizona

Indeed, shirley a nationally-known attorney like Alan Dershowitz should know better than to sign nonsense filings.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Alan Dershowitz got off fairly lightly, although a sanction is a sanction. Once again, Mike Lindell is the culprit -- he got Dersh involved. Arizona's court system & taxpayers need to thank Mike, Kari & Mark Finchem for all the sanctions revenue they're generating for the state. :dance:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bob

Post by bob »

Ariz. L.: Lake (Finally) Asks Arizona Supreme Court To Take Her Election Contest Appeal #2; Save Her From The "Most Marxist Part of the State":
Kari Lake (finally) asked the Arizona Supreme Court today to hear her (second) Election Contest appeal. It apparently took the Court of Appeals transferring it to what Lake called "the most Marxist part of the state".
I wouldn't be surprised if SCOAZ, at this point in time, just said, "Nah."
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Why is Arizona's Law using an airbrushed photoshopped photo of Kari?

And just how Marxist is the most Marxist part of freakin' Arizona, anyway? :crazy:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:

Return to “Governors & State Elections”