Sen. Lindsey Graham - Consistently Inconsistent

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Kendra

Sen. Lindsey Graham (insert something clever here)

Post by Kendra »

There are time I wonder what tfg has on some of them that makes them cave so easily to defend them.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:28 pm There are time I wonder what tfg has on some of them that makes them cave so easily to defend them.
Their desire to cling onto power, defy Zee Orange Furher, get primaried out of office....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Graham looks like he's one bad day away from running into traffic. His eyes are dead.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Well, in a way he predicted the demise of the party and, by extension, himself.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

it's the Trump pity party with Lindsey Graham (how awkward is the applause? lol)
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Graham is relentlessly booed at tfg’s SC rally.
Karli Bonne’ @KarliBonnita wrote: Dammmmm Lindsey is getting destroyed!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:59 pm Graham is relentlessly booed at tfg’s SC rally.
Karli Bonne’ @KarliBonnita wrote: Dammmmm Lindsey is getting destroyed!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Andy's absolutely right, Lindsey wrote it and it came true, GOP has been losing since 2018.

Lindsey Destroyed.JPG
Lindsey Destroyed.JPG (28.59 KiB) Viewed 4882 times

What a hometown welcome that was. :lol: Lindsey said he was born in that county, even more humiliating. If these election deniers want something to do... how did Lindsey (and McConnell) win with such low support?? /conspiracy

And the Aunt Bea meme is funny and interesting in that Francis Bavier (who retired to North Carolina to be near Foggy and Wifehorn) was often identified as a lesbian.
Was Fraces Bavier a lesbian
Yes, she was known as a lesbian to insiders in Hollywood. Bavier was born in 1902 and reportedly hated men and also did not like children. She was never married and said to be very difficult on the set. She suffered from mental-health problems and was easy to anger. had a short temper and could be very nasty. In her later years, long after the show ended, she reportedly lived in an untidy house with about 13 cats. Neighbors always complained that it stunk of cat urine and mildew. She also reportedly dated some women here and there and passed them off as "good friends." In those days, people were never candid or honest about their sexuality. She was basically a loner and nothing much ever became of her romantic relationships. She died alone at age 86,leaving us to wonder today,...was sweet and chubby Aunt Bea a lesbian?
https://qa.answers.com/other-qa/Was_Fra ... _a_lesbian

And it won't be surprising if Lindsey ends his life like Francis did.
'Andy Griffith' Aunt Bee Recluse in Final Years - Los Angeles Times
March 9, 2019 - The actress who portrayed housekeeper Aunt Bee on "The Andy Griffith Show" lived her last years in seclusion in a dark, dingy house and kept a 1966 green Studebaker with four flat tires in the garage.
An appraisal put the value of Miss Bavier’s belongings at $31,683, excluding the Studebaker, last driven in 1983 on a trip to a grocery store. The stench from the actress’ 14 cats coupled with peeling plaster, frayed carpets and worn upholstery indicate Miss Bavier either was unable or unwilling to spend much time keeping up the home. Her cats apparently used a basement room and a shower stall as a litter box. Evidently, the reclusive actress spent most of her time in a large back room plainly furnished with a bed, a desk, a television and an end table, where she kept her reading and opera glasses, black licorice and a bell.
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html

Here's a rare interview with her after she retired to NC at 70. She was intensely private (except with Foggy).

Lindsey is truly a flip flopping, opportunistic, ethically challenged wimp.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That is a good post and interesting info and video on Frances Bavier. Thanks.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:32 am That is a good post and interesting info and video on Frances Bavier. Thanks.
Agreed. Loved the interview snippet!
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Lindsey Graham's Trumpalapalooza appearance is humiliating. The question is, did Trump beg him to appear so he would be humiliating, or did Lindsey beg to appear so he could humiliate himself? He confuses me.
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/joshgerstein/status ... 01255?s=20
Josh Gerstein @joshgerstein wrote: Sen. Graham complains RBG "still won't" say what she did with $1 million gift from Berggruen Foundation that she claimed was donated to charity. RBG died in 2020.

Not a huge fan of prediction stories, but I suspect she will never clear this up.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:40 am https://twitter.com/joshgerstein/status ... 01255?s=20
Josh Gerstein @joshgerstein wrote: Sen. Graham complains RBG "still won't" say what she did with $1 million gift from Berggruen Foundation that she claimed was donated to charity. RBG died in 2020.

Not a huge fan of prediction stories, but I suspect she will never clear this up.
Maybe Graham and the QOP should hold a séance to clear this up....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:45 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:40 am https://twitter.com/joshgerstein/status ... 01255?s=20

Maybe Graham and the QOP should hold a séance to clear this up....
That party as it stands will only hold a seance at this point to impeach her.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:28 pm There are time I wonder what tfg has on some of them that makes them cave so easily to defend them.
He has the vast majority of the Republican voters, that's what he has. And that is all he needs. Graham and all the other sycophants cannot remain in power without those voters. The vast majority of them value power more than they value self respect. So, in order to keep the voters voting for them, they have to kiss Trump's ass and make sure all the Republican voters see them doing so as often as possible.

I used to blame the Republican party's debauchery on Republican politicians, which I do believe at one time that was the truth of it. Trump has corrupted Republican voters. And today, the bag of festering pus that the Republican party has become was initiated by those old timey Republican politicians, but is being further degraded by brainwashed Trumpublicans.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Nope, he has a Majority NOW, but he initially won the Republican primaries with a plurality. But he only won a majority of Primary voters twice. Even thought he only won over 50% twice he got 100% of the points due to Republican party rules.

Since then I think people have abandoned the Republican party in droves.

Even now he has 60% of the remainder of Republican party members, which is a majority but not a VAST majority.

Thats the thing Graham and the others fail to appreciate. Trump has always been very very beatable, if they had the courage to try.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

According to this Democrats have tanked somewhat more. Maybe for not being "dirty" enough to stand up to the party of tfg.

Record number of Americans say they're politically independent
We spend our days captivated by people with the most power and the biggest mouths. But it turns out a rising number of Americans want something else — political independence.

Driving the news: Gallup polling last month found that a record 49% of Americans see themselves as politically independent — the same as the two major parties put together.

By far the dominant U.S. party isn't Democrats or Republicans. It's: "I'll shop around, thank you."
Driven by younger generations not gravitating to a party as they get older. I never did either (on the record).
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Suranis wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:20 pm Nope, he has a Majority NOW, but he initially won the Republican primaries with a plurality. But he only won a majority of Primary voters twice. Even thought he only won over 50% twice he got 100% of the points due to Republican party rules.

Since then I think people have abandoned the Republican party in droves.

Even now he has 60% of the remainder of Republican party members, which is a majority but not a VAST majority.

Thats the thing Graham and the others fail to appreciate. Trump has always been very very beatable, if they had the courage to try.
He doesn't have a vast majority of voters wanting him to win the primary. But he has the vast majority of the Republican voters that still love and adore him. Just look at what happens when any of the other candidates dare to tell the truth about Trump. The Republican voters boo them off the stage, that's what happens. Time and time again. So, yeah, politicians such as Lindsey Graham, if they love their power more than they love their own self respect HAVE to kiss Trump's ass.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

All the younger people I know, and by younger, I mean, fortyish on down, identify as independent. In a lot of states independents don’t get to vote in primaries, which just concentrates the pollution voting the Republican ballot.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

tfg lauds Graham, “He helps on the left.”
raison de arizona

Acyn @Acyn wrote: Lindsey Graham directly calls on Governor Abbott to send thousands of immigrants to the states of 10 Democratic Senators
raison de arizona

From the As Far As You Can Throw Them category.
Keith Boykin @keithboykin wrote: Lindsey Graham on August 7: “I've been consistent…States should decide the issue of abortion.”

Lindsey Graham on September 20, defending a national abortion ban: “This is not a states’ rights issue.”
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

If you are a staunch believer that abortion is absolutely wrong, you should never think that it's a states' rights issue. Never.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

But, remember, folks, these same people will tell you that Islam is fundamentally an evil religion whose followers are all terrorists who will lie to you about their peaceful intent to achieve their aims.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “Current Politics”