Republicans behaving badly

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I love Biden trolling Tuberville!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

He's trolling MTG about some not-broadband grant they got, too.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Article with details from two weeks ago:
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/1 ... s-00101935
tl;dr: His problem is that the military pays for service members travel to states without bullshit restrictive laws for necessary reproductive care.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol: :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

So his whole problem is that the military is supporting its soldiers and their families too much? Yeah.. even less 'patriot'.
bob

Post by bob »

AP: Ex-GOP Ohio House speaker sentenced to 20 years for role in $60M bribery scheme; appeal expected:
Former Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder was sentenced Thursday to 20 years in prison for his role in the largest corruption scandal in state history and taken immediately into custody, a judge declaring that “the court and the community’s patience with Larry Householder has expired.”

The 64-year-old Republican tensed only slightly as U.S. District Judge Timothy Black meted out the punishment, the maximum under the law, and appeared somewhat disoriented as U.S. Marshals placed him in handcuffs. He glanced back briefly at his wife, Taundra, who exited the courtroom with his Perry County Ducks Unlimited ball cap folded in her hands.
Image ImageImage
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Bob beat me to it! This is a surprise to me. Will he appeal?
raison de arizona

I read the article, he sounds like a real POS. Glad they didn't let him off easy.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:31 pm Bob beat me to it! This is a surprise to me. Will he appeal?
I would presume. He got the max, so a likely issue will be the "excessive" length.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

From the rules for thee but not for me department.
https://twitter.com/CAPAction/status/16 ... 79008?s=20
CAP Action @CAPAction wrote: You had a $2.8 MILLION PPP loan forgiven.
Rep. Vern Buchanan @VernBuchanan wrote: Thank you, SCOTUS!

Pleased to see the highest court in the land rule Biden’s $400 billion student loan bailout UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

Taxpayers that made the hard decisions and played by the rules should not be forced to pay the bills of the 13% of Americans with student loan debt.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:23 pm From the rules for thee but not for me department.
https://twitter.com/CAPAction/status/16 ... 79008?s=20
CAP Action @CAPAction wrote: You had a $2.8 MILLION PPP loan forgiven.
Rep. Vern Buchanan @VernBuchanan wrote: Thank you, SCOTUS!

Pleased to see the highest court in the land rule Biden’s $400 billion student loan bailout UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

Taxpayers that made the hard decisions and played by the rules should not be forced to pay the bills of the 13% of Americans with student loan debt.
Just letting everyone know that Twitter is again not allowing unregistered people to view.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Congressional Maskholes Lose Bigly

Three Republican House members lost a years-long fight Thursday against congressional mask mandates, with a unanimous appeals court panel ruling that they had no jurisdiction to review the policy.

Masks haven’t been required on the floor of the House of Representatives for more than a year, but Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), and Ralph Norman (R-S.C.) were challenging fines they incurred when the covid-19 mitigation policy was in place. They argued the policy violated both their First Amendment right to free speech and their 27th Amendment entitlement to their salary.
Neomi Rao is one of the judges on the unanimous panel

Marge is on the hook for $48,000.

Gift article:
https://wapo.st/438yi7V
Image Image Image Image
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I hope the wage garnishment fairy bites her in the ass.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:22 pm I hope the wage garnishment fairy bites her in the ass.
If so, I hope the wage garnishment fairy has a 50gal drum of industrial strength Listerine handy.
Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona

Andrew Clyde is the one I hope they really stick it to, he messed with his withholding so that he only got paid $1/month, and avoided the fines that way. I hope they force him to pay up somehow.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Estiveo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:25 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:22 pm I hope the wage garnishment fairy bites her in the ass.
If so, I hope the wage garnishment fairy has a 50gal drum of industrial strength Listerine handy.
Dr. Tichenor's. That shit will kill anything.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

NV RNC member files lawsuit challenging election worker protection bill
https://thenevadaindependent.com/articl ... ction-bill
:snippity:
Nevada lawmakers this year voted unanimously in both chambers to approve SB406, which was signed into law by Gov. Joe Lombardo, a Republican, on May 24. Under the law, those who harass, intimidate or use force on election workers performing their duties in Nevada could face a felony, fine and up to four years in prison.
Sigal Chattah is an election denier who ran for NV attorney general last year and she's pals with this guy:
:snippity:
One of the plaintiffs is far-right GOP donor and activist Robert Beadles — a native Californian, cryptocurrency investor and purveyor of conspiracy theories about the 2020 election, prominent Jewish families and other “elites.”
Link to case on Courtlistener: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67 ... v-aguilar/
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Silly GOP, that's the Liberian flag.
Estiveoshot_20230704_122016.jpg
Estiveoshot_20230704_122016.jpg (77.71 KiB) Viewed 1037 times
Image Image Image Image
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/sta ... 19553?s=20
Jon Cooper

Yes, the Republican National Committee did indeed post a Fourth of July tweet with the WRONG flag. In case you’re wondering, this is the flag of Liberia, a country in West Africa.

You can’t make this shit up. 🙄

10:19 PM · Jul 4, 2023

► Show Spoiler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

The Guardian July 8 2023

Outrage as Republican says 1921 Tulsa massacre not motivated by race

Oklahoma superintendent Ryan Walters decried for comments on 1921 massacre in which hundreds were killed by white mobs
In a public forum on Thursday, Ryan Walters, Oklahoma’s state superintendent of public instruction, said teachers could cover the 1921 massacre, in which white Tulsans murdered an estimated 300 Black people, but teachers should not “say that the skin color determined it”.
:wagging finger emogi:

:facepalm:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

These folks refuse to see the elephant in the room! Pun intended.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I hate that they assume all kids are stupid. About every kid I know would follow that statement up with "Then why did they kill all those people?"
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

How does he suggest they avoid bringing race into it when it is literally called the "Tulsa race massacre?" Perhaps they can use the other common name for it; the "Black Wall St riots."

Oh wait.......
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:29 am I hate that they assume all kids are stupid. About every kid I know would follow that statement up with "Then why did they kill all those people?"
Why did all those white people kill all those black people, hmmm?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:39 am Why did all those white people kill all those black people, hmmm?
Because the Black people killed 10 white people.

This does not excuse anything, and does not mean this guy is right, but it does create a fuller story than saying the whites just turned up of an evening for a good massacre.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre
The massacre began during Memorial Day weekend after 19-year-old Dick Rowland, a black shoeshiner, was accused of assaulting Sarah Page, a white 17-year-old elevator operator in the nearby Drexel Building. He was arrested and rumors that he was to be lynched were spread throughout the city, where a white man named Roy Belton had been lynched the previous year. Upon hearing reports that a mob of hundreds of white men had gathered around the jail where Rowland was being held, a group of 75 black men, some armed, arrived at the jail to protect Rowland. The sheriff persuaded the group to leave the jail, assuring them that he had the situation under control.

The most widely reported and corroborated inciting incident occurred as the group of black men left, when an elderly white man approached O. B. Mann, a black man, and demanded that he hand over his pistol. Mann refused, and the old man attempted to disarm him. A gunshot went off, and then, according to the sheriff's reports, "all hell broke loose".[25] The two groups shot at each other until midnight when the group of black men were greatly outnumbered and forced to retreat to Greenwood. At the end of the exchange of gunfire, 12 people were dead, 10 white and 2 black.[12] Alternatively, another eyewitness account was that the shooting began "down the street from the Courthouse" when black business owners came to the defense of a lone black man being attacked by a group of around six white men.[26] It is possible that the eyewitness did not recognize the fact that this incident was occurring as a part of a rolling gunfight that was already underway. As news of the violence spread throughout the city, mob violence exploded.[2] White rioters invaded Greenwood that night and the next morning, killing men and burning and looting stores and homes. Around noon on June 1, the Oklahoma National Guard imposed martial law, ending the massacre.

About 10,000 black people were left homeless, and the cost of the property damage amounted to more than $1.5 million in real estate and $750,000 in personal property (equivalent to $36.92 million in 2022). By the end of 1922, most of the residents' homes had been rebuilt, but the city and real estate companies refused to compensate them.[27] Many survivors left Tulsa, while residents who chose to stay in the city, regardless of race, largely kept silent about the terror, violence, and resulting losses for decades. The massacre was largely omitted from local, state, and national histories.

In 1996, 75 years after the massacre, a bipartisan group in the state legislature authorized the formation of the Oklahoma Commission to Study the Tulsa Race Riot of 1921. The commission's final report, published in 2001, states that the city had conspired with the racist mob; it recommended a program of reparations to survivors and their descendants.[28] The state passed legislation to establish scholarships for the descendants of survivors, encourage the economic development of Greenwood,[not verified in body] and develop a park in memory of the victims of the massacre in Tulsa. The park was dedicated in 2010. Schools in Oklahoma have been required to teach students about the massacre since 2002,[29] and in 2020, the massacre officially became a part of the Oklahoma school curriculum.[30]
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”