Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

:nooo:
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by neonzx »

poplove wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:33 pm Great to hear you are mending well! :bighug: And to aid in your recovery, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel is showing Christmas movies all this week!!!
Foggy doesn't watch the TeeVee, except for his collection of Jane Fonda's classic workout videos and Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies VHS tapes. :P
► Show Spoiler
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

You can tell something about a person, by the videos they recommend. :?

Today I am quit with the horrible ice water circulation machine, unless I am not quit, if'n any swelling emerges. If it swells, we'll use the machine. I'm hoping it doesn't swell. Bandage is still pristine white, no blood, no yellow discharge, nuthin'. Pain is moderate, maybe a 4. The whole experience is No Fun on a scale of No Fun At All, but not as bad as the first one.

It's gonna be a hot one here, but I will walk at least one mile with ol' Wifehorn, sometime around 9 or 9:30. It's a sunny and glorious day in June. I gotta get out of the house! I gotta move mah bonez!
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Luke »

Are you talking about my videos? Spent a lot of time trying to find a mix of things you might like :(

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Slim Cognito »

I've loved Richard Simmons since I first saw him on General Hospital decades ago, the Luke and Laura years. His guest appearance on Whose Line is it, Anyway? is still the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.
ImageImageImage x5
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by johnpcapitalist »

orlylicious wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:09 pm Are you talking about my videos? Spent a lot of time trying to find a mix of things you might like :(
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by neonzx »

Hey now, I was not making fun of Richard Simmons -- I giving Foghorn a lite jab because he does not watch teevee, except workout videos. (yeah, he posted one of himself doing such in his living room but think it was on former fogbow)

If Richard Simmons is even half as charismatic in person as he is on screen, he would be SUPER FUN to hang out with.
► Show Spoiler
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

OMG, look at his shoulders (under neonzx's spoiler tags).

Protect the shoulders, Dickie, you have no idea what replacing them would be like!
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Today I was wrasslin' with a mess of horses and I pulled my left arm completely out, and I had to plug it back in. Woah.

Well okay, my reports were starting to get really boring, besides, you weren't here so it could have happened. :liar:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

So an electrical outlet in my office shorted out and tripped the circuit breaker, but not before the fire started, which meant I didn't discover the problem until all the smoke detectors in the house started making a rather annoying noise, all at once, and I had to search around for a bit before I figured out which room and where in the room.

If we hadn't been here, we'd have lost the whole house and all the cats. Instead, I put out the fire and opened windows and turned on fans, and the smoke detectors turned off before the fire department guys got here. We were very, very lucky.

More will be revealed, and we're okay, but I'll probably be AFK for the duration ...
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Shizzle Popped »

:shock:

Glad everyone and the cats are OK.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Annrc
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Annrc »

:shock: Lucky you were home!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by AndyinPA »

Very glad you were home! :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Annrc wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:29 am :shock: Lucky you were home!
Very Lucky! :bighug:
jemcanada2

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by jemcanada2 »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

So happy all the poultry and felines survived! :bighug:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by RTH10260 »

:shock: "where there's smoke, there's fire." is True :?:

And we get to keep TFB2.0 without a new transition :think:
Volkonski
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Volkonski »

:bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
June bug

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by June bug »

So glad you’re all ok!!! :bighug: :bighug:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Slim Cognito »

Oh my!!! :o
ImageImageImage x5
RVInit

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by RVInit »

Oh my! I'm so glad you were home. Your house and the kitties are saved. So, that makes you an official hero, even if it was dumb luck you were there when it happened. It's no dumb luck to know what to do when that happens. Yay! foggie cats and Foggie house are OK!

You have an official excuse to ignore my PM for a while - no biggie and no rush. Just respond any time that is convenient for you and don't worry about when that is.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: So an electrical outlet in my office shorted out and tripped the circuit breaker, but not before the fire started, which meant I didn't discover the problem until all the smoke detectors in the house started making a rather annoying noise, all at once, and I had to search around for a bit before I figured out which room and where in the room.

If we hadn't been here, we'd have lost the whole house and all the cats. Instead, I put out the fire and opened windows and turned on fans, and the smoke detectors turned off before the fire department guys got here. We were very, very lucky.

More will be revealed, and we're okay, but I'll probably be AFK for the duration ...
That’s not supposed to happen. Glad you’re all OK.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Estiveo
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Estiveo »

So glad everybody's ok!
Image Image Image Image
sad-cafe

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by sad-cafe »

oh wow

Foggy, be careful
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I might could have some smoke inhalation; after the nice men in the yellow and black costumes left, I puked the entire contents of my, and maybe several other people's stomachs, and I had to lie in the recliner for a spell.

But ol' Wifehorn is large and in charge. She already had a handyman here who told her we need a licensed electrician to check the other outlets. She's in her element, and I have to step back and say, this is empowering her.

What she is doing, I could do. But the better strategy is to step back and let her go. The worst thing I could do is try to take over the repair efforts, because she's got this. I mean, I can do what she's doing, but not better than she can do it. And my instinct is to take over the repair and recovery process, 'cuz I'm a guy, amirite? But note to self, this is one reason you married her, she is as competent as you are when the stuff hits the fan.

I don't like sitting out of it, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

A fire. In my office. No serious damage, I got it put out and the smoke detectors off before the nice men got here, but this definitely wasn't on my bucket list.

And like I said, we were very, very lucky, really. :pray:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”