Rudy Giuliani

These people suck. They are bad people.
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

So I read Rudy's excerpted depo in the Ruby + Shay case.

This is the second lengthy Rudy depo I've read, and I'm ready to bet on "crazy like a fox."

He interrupts, he doesn't answer questions, he babbles, he quibbles, but mostly he spews non-responsive vignettes that are his interpretation of events, and then, when either challenged or asked to either get back to the point, he expresses shock that anyone would imagine that what he's saying isn't true.

He also once again tries to appropriate the position of authority. He doesn't do it as consistently as he did in the previous depo I read, but it's there. His approach is one of a man who is having a chat with a junior legal colleague; he rarely gives the impression that it is his job to answer questions--indeed his lawyer again has to ask him with an exasperation that comes through the text to "just answer the question."

This transcript is a horrible read. The plaintiff's attorney is either just bad at his job, or is bamboozled by Rudy's stupidity cum evasiveness. The discussion of what was meant by the election official announcing that "Everybody has to leave" goes on for ages, with no meaningful point in sight. Rudy repeats again and again (without being asked about it) that the excuse that a water main broke is an obvious lie, and the only reason anyone would about that is obviously to obviously add zillions of Biden votes. Obviously.

The most interesting bit was the plaintiff's attorney trying to nail Rudy for claiming in a podcast that Ruby Freeman had been arrested for election fraud (following the 2020 election) and was going to "turn state's evidence". Rudy is asked, "but you know that's not true, right?" And Rudy says "No! I don't know it's not true!" This leads us on a galloping journey past the Snopes article on the question--Rudy denies he's ever heard of Snopes (see how far afield we are?) and then babbles when confronted with a transcript that shows him referring to Snopes--and end with Rudy saying that he had asked about it but didn't have the answer yet, oh no, HE didn't ask about it, he asked Bernie Kerik to find out about it, on no, not in 2020 for his podcast, last week. He asked Kerik last week to find out if Ruby Freeman had been arrested. As if it was now or ever had been up for debate. Like a fox.

I found that bit interesting (that he still claims that these issues are unresolved) because he is currently doing the same thing with Biden and Barisma (sp). None of the lies are ever debunked for Rudy--he hears them, he admits that he's not sure they're true, and then just repeats them again and again, pointing out how serious they are, and how they OBVIOUSLY point at horrendous crimes. He can do this as long as he pretends that he's unaware of any debunking.

In some ways, I'd rather see Rudy behind bars that fuckhead. I mean, the guy has been messing with our country with impunity in the dirtiest ways, and unless Willis or Smith indict him, he's never gonna suffer for it. Even if he loses (as I assume he will) the Ruby/Shay case, that's just other people's money.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 0.63.2.pdf
Dr. Ken

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Dr. Ken

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Rudy Giuliani

Post by raison de arizona »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:41 am Simple to prove.

Just show me those bank deposits, or wire transfers or whatever. Unless they paid in Green Stamps. And don't to sayin' nuthin about that $10 million dollars in "family Biden" accounts over X years. Those are China Bribes and we're talking about Ukraine Bribes only here.
They say the Bidens are criminal masterminds that have set up a system of shell corporations the payments were received and transferred around to, and that the president of Ukraine himself said would take ten years to unravel.

But unravel they will!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Foggy »

Giuliani used an email address with the name “Helen” ...
Helen A. Handbasket :blackeye:
I am living in a world far beyond the scope of my imagination. Every time the planet rotates, I wake up in a brand new world full of wonders.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Foggy »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:46 am So I read Rudy's excerpted depo in the Ruby + Shay case.
Thanks for your report, that's amazing, really. He puts on that performance while he's drunk. Roodles is such an alcoholic, he's probably drunk any time he's been awake more than an hour. It really can't be easy, doing what he does.

Y'all know that I'm an alcoholic, I just don't drink any more. My mom drank herself to death when she was just 3 years older than I am today. But I can't drink and get through a day any more. If I had three Bloody Marys for breakfast, I wouldn't be able to perform like Roodles in a deposition later that day, I'd be back in bed by 10 am.

Okay, yes, that is an alcoholic's tribute to an alcoholic's alcoholic. I'ma go stand in the corner now. :blackeyebig:
I am living in a world far beyond the scope of my imagination. Every time the planet rotates, I wake up in a brand new world full of wonders.
Atticus Finch

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Atticus Finch »

Rudy should go to Helen Waite.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Slim Cognito »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:38 am

Just show me those bank deposits, or wire transfers or whatever. Unless they paid in Green Stamps. And don't to sayin' nuthin about that $10 million dollars in "family Biden" accounts over X years. Those are China Bribes and we're talking about Ukraine Bribes only here.
They say the Bidens are criminal masterminds that have set up a system of shell corporations the payments were received and transferred around to, and that the president of Ukraine himself said would take ten years to unravel.

But unravel they will!
I love the picture they paint of Biden, evil mastermind so skilled he can hide millions of dollars, yet can't find his way out of his own basement.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Rudy Giuliani

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:42 am
Giuliani used an email address with the name “Helen” ...
Helen A. Handbasket :blackeye:
Will Rudy now run afoul of Desantis woke anti-LGBT laws :?:
chancery
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by chancery »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:46 am So I read Rudy's excerpted depo in the Ruby + Shay case.

This is the second lengthy Rudy depo I've read, and I'm ready to bet on "crazy like a fox."

:snippity:

This transcript is a horrible read. The plaintiff's attorney is either just bad at his job, or is bamboozled by Rudy's stupidity cum evasiveness. The discussion of what was meant by the election official announcing that "Everybody has to leave" goes on for ages, with no meaningful point in sight. Rudy repeats again and again (without being asked about it) that the excuse that a water main broke is an obvious lie, and the only reason anyone would about that is obviously to obviously add zillions of Biden votes. Obviously.
I must confess a tinge of grudging admiration for what one of my early mentors described admiringly as the "Casey Stengel technique," a stream of plausible-sounding gibberish that defies rational attack.
Casey spoke a dialect of English called “Stengelese,” utterances that concealed nuggets of wisdom in a dense matrix of dizzying gibberish. “Stengelese was mostly a public act,” said sportswriter Maury Allen. “He double-talked in part to diffuse pinpoint questions.” An extreme example: “He’s the perdotious quotient of the qualificatilus.”
https://www.grammarbook.com/blog/defini ... oken-here/

See below for some hilarious, brilliant examples.

It takes experience, guts, and a tremendous amount of work to combat this kind of obfuscation, but it can be done. "Move to strike as non-responsive," again, and again, and again, ultimately building up a record that justifies an order for the deposition to take place before the trial judge or a magistrate. Disappointed that plaintiff's attorney wasn't up to the job.
In some ways, I'd rather see Rudy behind bars that fuckhead. I mean, the guy has been messing with our country with impunity in the dirtiest ways, and unless Willis or Smith indict him, he's never gonna suffer for it. Even if he loses (as I assume he will) the Ruby/Shay case, that's just other people's money.
:yeahthat:

On a more pleasant note, let's read and listen to some more Stengelese:
Off Topic
In 1958, Stengel appeared before Senator Estes Kefauver’s U.S. Senate subcommittee on baseball’s antitrust status. Here is one exchange:

Kefauver: I was asking you, sir, why it is that baseball wants this bill passed.

Stengel: I would say I would not know, but would say the reason why they would want it passed is to keep baseball going as the highest paid ball sport that has gone into baseball and from the baseball angle. I am not going to speak of any other sport. I am not here to argue about other sports. I am in the baseball business. It has been run cleaner than any business that was ever put out in the 100 years at the present time. I am not speaking about television or I am not speaking about income that comes into the ball parks. You have to take that off. I don’t know too much about it. I say the ballplayers have a better advancement at the present time.
To grasp how brilliantly Stengel delivered this burst of verbal fireworks you have to listen to the audio, with Micky Mantle as straight man at the finish. (You'll want to mute the annoying preliminary commercial.)

https://www.history.com/speeches/casey- ... trust-laws

Here's some more:

And here's the full transcript: https://www.baseball-almanac.com/quotes ... mony.shtml

Stengel had a kind of twisted genius.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Ben-Prime »

chancery wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:42 pm
p0rtia wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:46 am This transcript is a horrible read. The plaintiff's attorney is either just bad at his job, or is bamboozled by Rudy's stupidity cum evasiveness. The discussion of what was meant by the election official announcing that "Everybody has to leave" goes on for ages, with no meaningful point in sight. Rudy repeats again and again (without being asked about it) that the excuse that a water main broke is an obvious lie, and the only reason anyone would about that is obviously to obviously add zillions of Biden votes. Obviously.
I must confess a tinge of grudging admiration for what one of my early mentors described admiringly as the "Casey Stengel technique," a stream of plausible-sounding gibberish that defies rational attack.
Casey spoke a dialect of English called “Stengelese,” utterances that concealed nuggets of wisdom in a dense matrix of dizzying gibberish. “Stengelese was mostly a public act,” said sportswriter Maury Allen. “He double-talked in part to diffuse pinpoint questions.” An extreme example: “He’s the perdotious quotient of the qualificatilus.”
Once, at my old job, I decided on an experiment. I went the whole day where verbally, I made no true or false statements, merely meaningless verbal noise, just to see who would notice. No question was answered yes or no. No statement was met with any subject-verb parsable response. Instead, I would respond with things like 'Ah' or 'So' or slightly longer responses that had no meaningful semantic content whatsoever.

Now, I could not in good conscience extend this to my emails and reporting writing, so perhaps my colleagues just thought I was having a bad day and was less communicative than normal, but nobody noticed.

We are a species incredibly adept at trying to fill in the conversational gaps with our own expectations. It's what allows -- for example -- people to think some politicians are actually promising them things.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
chancery
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by chancery »

Off Topic
I read an anecdote about a literary figure of some kind (book publishing? magazines?) who was famously garrulous. A colleague won a bet that it was possible to lunch with him without saying a word, just a grunt at the menu.

At the end of the meal his companion smiled, thanked him for a lovely meal, and said: "I learned so much."
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Rudy Giuliani

Post by RTH10260 »

"garrulous" - a candidate for the Fogbow Dictionary and Snarksaurus ?

If not - at least I learned a new word here on the Fogbow. :thumbsup:
sugar magnolia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by sugar magnolia »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:51 pm "garrulous" - a candidate for the Fogbow Dictionary and Snarksaurus ?

If not - at least I learned a new word here on the Fogbow. :thumbsup:
No, it's real word.
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
gar·ru·lous
excessively talkative, especially on trivial matters.
"Polonius is portrayed as a foolish, garrulous old man"
Ben-Prime

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
Some friends of mine and I also used 'Garrulous' in a long Harry Potter joke a few years ago naming additional members of the Black family. Fastidious Black (as in the Cats song, Bustopher Jones, who wears "a coat of Fastidious Black," which started the whole joke with a rather macabre discussion about whether the coat belonged to Fastidious or whether Bustopher made it from his skin) and Garrulous Black are the two I remember.

Gregg

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Gregg »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:23 am
chancery wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:42 pm
p0rtia wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:46 am This transcript is a horrible read. The plaintiff's attorney is either just bad at his job, or is bamboozled by Rudy's stupidity cum evasiveness. The discussion of what was meant by the election official announcing that "Everybody has to leave" goes on for ages, with no meaningful point in sight. Rudy repeats again and again (without being asked about it) that the excuse that a water main broke is an obvious lie, and the only reason anyone would about that is obviously to obviously add zillions of Biden votes. Obviously.
Once, at my old job, I decided on an experiment. I went the whole day where verbally, I made no true or false statements, merely meaningless verbal noise, just to see who would notice. No question was answered yes or no. No statement was met with any subject-verb parsable response. Instead, I would respond with things like 'Ah' or 'So' or slightly longer responses that had no meaningful semantic content whatsoever.

Now, I could not in good conscience extend this to my emails and reporting writing, so perhaps my colleagues just thought I was having a bad day and was less communicative than normal, but nobody noticed.

We are a species incredibly adept at trying to fill in the conversational gaps with our own expectations. It's what allows -- for example -- people to think some politicians are actually promising them things.
A good politician can talk for 45 minutes without saying a word. :smoking:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
jemcanada2

Rudy Giuliani

Post by jemcanada2 »

chancery wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:45 pm
Off Topic
I read an anecdote about a literary figure of some kind (book publishing? magazines?) who was famously garrulous. A colleague won a bet that it was possible to lunch with him without saying a word, just a grunt at the menu.

At the end of the meal his companion smiled, thanked him for a lovely meal, and said: "I learned so much."
My dad loved the anecdote that FDR had told everyone in a receiving line that he had killed his grandmother that morning. No one noticed until someone finally murmured “ she probably had it coming to her.” I said that to my dad when I reached him in the receiving line at my sister’s wedding. He sounded like Muttley laughing.

:lol: :lol: :batting: :batting:
Ben-Prime

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Ben-Prime »

jemcanada2 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:55 am
Off Topic

My dad loved the anecdote that FDR had told everyone in a receiving line that he had killed his grandmother that morning. No one noticed until someone finally murmured “ she probably had it coming to her.” I said that to my dad when I reached him in the receiving line at my sister’s wedding. He sounded like Muttley laughing.

This is likewise one of my favorite shared trivia stories. Apparently, it was his attempt to prove that people heard what they expected to hear. When you shake hands you expect to hear something along the lines of "it's lovely to see you tonight", so he delivered the murder line in the same tone and cadence and allegedly it worked for most of the receiving line, yeah. I have thus far refused to Snopes it because it's one of those stories that hurts nobody even if false and I love it so.

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Rudy Giuliani

Post by keith »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:29 am
jemcanada2 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:55 am
Off Topic

This is likewise one of my favorite shared trivia stories. Apparently, it was his attempt to prove that people heard what they expected to hear. When you shake hands you expect to hear something along the lines of "it's lovely to see you tonight", so he delivered the murder line in the same tone and cadence and allegedly it worked for most of the receiving line, yeah. I have thus far refused to Snopes it because it's one of those stories that hurts nobody even if false and I love it so.
Bingo! I've been waiting to see someone verbing 'Snopes'! Congratulations
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Rudy Giuliani

Post by raison de arizona »

The cat that ate the canary, he's excited about Hunter!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Flatpoint High »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:38 am

But unravel they will!
I thought they were paid in Blue Chip stamps
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Kendra

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kendra »

Sources are telling me that Rudy Giuliani is have a meltdown and drinking heavily. After being sanctioned he fears that he is about to get indicted and doesn’t now who to turn to for help.
It’s time to pay the piper Rudy! #LevRemembers
somerset

Rudy Giuliani

Post by somerset »

Kendra wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:30 pm
Sources are telling me that Rudy Giuliani is have a meltdown and drinking heavily. After being sanctioned he fears that he is about to get indicted and doesn’t now who to turn to for help.
It’s time to pay the piper Rudy! #LevRemembers
How can they tell the difference between now and a few months ago?
sugar magnolia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by sugar magnolia »

I'd pay if someone wanted to televise it.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”