Special Counsel Jack Smith: Judgement Day (one way or the other)

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

bob wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:43 pm

The indictment discusses secret plans to attack "Country A." It is inferably Iran, but I want to believe he ordered plans to attack Mexico. Or Canada.
Well, how else would he get Mexico to pay for the wall?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Does he lose his security clearance once he's out of office?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https:/ /twitter.com/Laurie_Garrett/status/1667269307703721985
"U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon (on the left side in photo) has been initially assigned to oversee the case...could preside over the trial as well. Cannon, appointed by #Trump in 2019, made decisions that favored him in legal skirmishes during the documents investigation last year. Her rulings were overturned on appeal. Cannon would determine, among other things, when a trial would take place and what Trump's sentence would be if he were found guilty."
https://aol.com/news/trump-faces-federa ... &tsrc=twtr
Edit: See below, the image is likely not Cannon.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:59 pm https://twitter.com/Laurie_Garrett/stat ... 703721985
"U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon (on the left side in photo) has been initially assigned to oversee the case...could preside over the trial as well. Cannon, appointed by #Trump in 2019, made decisions that favored him in legal skirmishes during the documents investigation last year. Her rulings were overturned on appeal. Cannon would determine, among other things, when a trial would take place and what Trump's sentence would be if he were found guilty."
It's not her, per replies. Someone at a PA rally.
bob

Post by bob »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:58 pm Does he lose his security clearance once he's out of office?
The president doesn't have a security clearance. (Or, more precisely, being the president is the security clearance.)

It is routine (but not automatic!) for former presidents to be granted some sort of clearance.
Image ImageImage
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Any indication that's actually her?
If it is, why haven't we seen it before?
If it's not, it's not helping.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:09 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:59 pm [url]https:// twitter.com/Laurie_Garrett/status/1667269307703721985
[/url]
It's not her, per replies. Someone at a PA rally.
Thanks for that, should have checked, but Ron is usually spot on.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Court filing from Special Counsel's office:

"The Special Counsel's Oflice informed Trump on May 19, 2023, and Nauta on M ay 24, 2023, of their status as targets of the Grand Jury's investigation."
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (54.66 KiB) Viewed 795 times
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

‘We Need to Start Killing’: Trump’s Far-Right Supporters Are Threatening Civil War
In what is becoming a now all-too-familiar trend, former President Donald Trump’s far-right supporters have threatened civil war after news broke Thursday that the former president was indicted for allegedly taking classified documents from the White House without permission.

“We need to start killing these traitorous fuckstains,” wrote one Trump supporter on The Donald, a rabidly pro-Trump message board that played a key role in planning the January 6 attack on the Capitol. Another user added: “It's not gonna stop until bodies start stacking up. We are not civilly represented anymore and they'll come for us next. Some of us, they already have.”

Trump supporters are making specific threats too. In one post on The Donald titled, “A little bit about Merrick Garland, his wife, his daughters,” a user shared a link to an article about the attorney general’s children.

Under the post, another user replied: “His children are fair game as far as I’m concerned.”
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:14 pm Prediction: Nauta soon will plead guilty to count 38 (the section 1001 charge for lying to the Feebs about the boxes) and the government is going to recommend no prison time. All other counts to be dismissed.

Because, IMO, Nauta flipped.
Wouldn't the DOJ leave the charges pending, but "paused" until he actually testified in TFG's trial? I know that they could probably refile the charges if he reneged on the deal and refused to testify, but isn't it easier to leave that sword hanging over his head?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:10 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:58 pm Does he lose his security clearance once he's out of office?
The president doesn't have a security clearance. (Or, more precisely, being the president is the security clearance.)

It is routine (but not automatic!) for former presidents to be granted some sort of clearance.
I know that former presidents are routinely granted a clearance, partly as a curtesy and partly so that, if the new POTUS wants to consult with the old POTUS, that there is no question of clearance.

But I assume that he would still be subject to the "need to know" requirement. It is my understanding that, when anyone handles classified information, two things are required, a sufficient clearance for the level of classification and the proverbial "need to know". Just because one has a clearance, you aren't allowed to browse through classified information, looking for something interesting.
bob

Post by bob »

noblepa wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:28 pmWouldn't the DOJ leave the charges pending, but "paused" until he actually testified in TFG's trial? I know that they could probably refile the charges if he reneged on the deal and refused to testify, but isn't it easier to leave that sword hanging over his head?
Possibly; kicking the actual sentencing down the road until after the main trial certainly is a possibility.

The primary point being I don't expect the co-conspirator to see even an hour inside in a jail cell.
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Damn Bob, you're right... if Leo says it's over....

On the other hand, even Ty Cobb and Tim Parlatore say T**** is screwed. Ty brought up that Tim was lied to and kept in the dark. Ty: "This is a very very serious case... Jack Smith needed to come out with a document case but also it was independent and he certainly did that."

Yeah, the armchair losers will scream and seethe and cope, but they know they'll be in jail if they try it again. So they must be diligent, but not worth giving them a lot of attention unless it's a direct and immediate threat. They know media will pick up on their sh*tposting.

Ann Coulter

Gosh, he must feel so much better La Loomer is flying back.

A few others from my Clowns twitter list:

Even Turley!

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Don't want to appear cavalier, I'm grateful that the intelligence agencies are working overtime to find credible and specific threats.
The Patriot Voice @TPV_John
The Trump indictment just came out and according to what it says, he is facing up to 100 YEARS in prison.

100 YEARS for PLANTED, FAKE, FALSE “evidence” when the Commie in Chief has been CAUGHT doing the same thing. FOR REAL.

Make NO mistake about it, the reason they are doing this is to make SURE that Trump is NOT President again.

More than this, they want NOTHING more than to see him die in prison. TRULY SICK.

IT’S VERY CLEAR…This ROGUE Govt wants a WAR with the American people.
6:17 PM · Jun 9, 2023
Laura Loomer @LauraLoomer

🚨🚨🚨ATTENTION ALL @realDonaldTrump SUPPORTERS🚨🚨🚨

IF YOU WANT TO RALLY IN SUPPORT OF PRESIDENT TRUMP ON MONDAY & TUESDAY IN MIAMI, FLORIDA TO PROTEST THE WEAPONIZATION OF GOVERNMENT, HERE ARE THE DETAILS. 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

MONDAY 06/12:

There will be a FLAG WAVING outside of Trump National Doral at the Trump sign on NW 87th Ave in Miami, FL. Be there in your Trump hats, shirts, flags and signs at 12:00 PM, as President Trump is expected to arrive around 1:00 PM.

DO NOT park at Trump Doral. There are many nearby strip malls/business with parking.

TUESDAY 06/13:

Rally in support of President Trump
Outside of the Wilkie D. Ferguson Courthouse along N Miami Ave.

400 North Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33128

Please be there at 1:00 pm EST. President Trump will be there at 3:00 PM EST.

*Parking is available at several public garages near the courthouse* #Trump2024
7:40 PM · Jun 9, 2023

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

Wow. Disney+ changed the ending of Raiders of the Lost Ark...
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Come out to trump's Doral resort to show your support. No, don't actually park your piece o'crap truck in Doral's lot. We got class here. No, you drive to a public lot and pay, probably at least, $20 and hike, push your walker, ride your Rascal goodness knows how many blocks to show your orange messiah that you'll do anything for him, but don't ask if you can park on his property while doing it.
ImageImageImage x4
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Chilidog wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:29 pm is Larry Klayman available?

what about the bowling ball?
What about Donofrio? He should be free now that he's given up on KaKa.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
bob

Post by bob »

keith wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:27 pm What about Donofrio? He should be free now that he's given up on KaKa.
PUT ME IN, COACH!:
Image ImageImage
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

bob wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:28 pm
keith wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:27 pm What about Donofrio? He should be free now that he's given up on KaKa.
PUT ME IN, COACH!:
https: //twitter.com/LCDLAW1/status/1667229523861970954
:rotflmao: :crazy:
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:19 pm Come out to trump's Doral resort to show your support. No, don't actually park your piece o'crap truck in Doral's lot. We got class here. No, you drive to a public lot and pay, probably at least, $20 and hike, push your walker, ride your Rascal goodness knows how many blocks to show your orange messiah that you'll do anything for him, but don't ask if you can park on his property while doing it.
Even better, clog up the [free] parking available for customers of small businesses nearby.

"There are many nearby strip malls/business with parking."
bob

Post by bob »

"For completeness": NARA: Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Presidential Records and the Presidential Records Act:
Prior to the end of his administration, President Trump did not communicate any intent to NARA with regard to funding, building, endowing, and donating a Presidential Library to NARA under the Presidential Libraries Act. Accordingly, the Trump Presidential records have been and continue to be maintained by NARA in the Washington, DC, area, and there was no reason for NARA to consider a temporary facility in Florida or elsewhere.
Image ImageImage
Luke

Post by Luke »

Strangely, she hasn't replied.

A. Starr @StarrAli001 4h
The wife of special counsel Jack Smith is a filmmaker who produced a movie about former first lady Michelle Obama and donated to Biden’s 2020 campaign.

CONFLICT OF INTEREST MUCH?

@Orly_licious
Thank you for bringing that up. You must agree then that Judge Aileen Cannon should be recused since Trump appointed her and she's already had to be reversed by the appeals court for favoritism. That's an important point, good seeing MAGA agrees: #RecuseCannon.
(ETA: OK, Bob, I know that's not the full reason but I keep it simple for MAGAts :lol: )

Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Chaffetz is a moron.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Luke

Post by Luke »

He's a total moron. He still brags how tough he is being a former hockey player.

Of course, Bill Mitchell is wrong about the selection, but it's a semi-interesting take for once from Bill. Of course, it won't stop T****. It's wild to see the DeSantis supporters ripping T**** over the coals, they really are doing a great job. Democrats can enjoy the weekend.
Bill Mitchell @mitchellvii
Did Smith do Trump a big favor by appointing Trump Judge Aileen Cannon to oversee the case?

No. Because it precludes Trump from attacking her as biased against him. It also puts pressure on her to go out of her way to appear objective and not under Trump's influence while making Smith appear exceptionally fair and even handed in making the appointment.

It was a shrewd move.
3:17 AM · Jun 10, 2023

Fitton got a Community Note :lol:

Luke

Post by Luke »

LMK if you all are seeing these and don't want them included... I find them hilarious. I'm thinking of making my Clowns twitter list public for a few hours so you all have easy access... but if clowns on it see they're on that list I'll be blocked. Maybe Tue after T****'s arraignment.

🔨ULTRA TERMINATOR OF WOKE, DESIMP, MIKE LEE @MikeLee762 1h
Replying to @Sultan4Oz and @CactusCat236
Have you noticed that nobody but low IQ and Qanon types want Trump anymore?

Erick Erickson @EWErickson 11h
Take the crime out of it — do you really want to put a man back in the White House who shows off highly classified military documents to randos? How leaves them laying around even after a spy had been caught? This really is nuts and it should be a campaign issue.

Kevin VanHorn 🇺🇸 @KevinWVanHorn 8h
Even as a young 18-year-old Private, I understood I could not take, keep, or even talk about anything classified. And if I did I would be Court Martialed and put in jail. This guy's arrogance, pride, and frankly, stupidity are off the charts.

Kelly C @KeepOhioRed22 17h
Things I’m not going to do. Donate to any fund raising effort for any candidates legal bills. Quit supporting my candidate because the DOJ is after Trump. Go to Miami to protest and possibly get imprisoned like the J6 ppl. What I am going to do. Keep supporting DeSantis.

Derek From Nola @derekfromnola 13h
Replying to @blondina_winter @Michael25827300 and @mitchellvii
since i am no longer part of the cult, I look back at the last 6 years and wonder what was real and what wasnt when it came to him. We were had! That said we have a real option now to take the fight to the deep state so desantis or bust it is!

Jenn @jennyjupite 2h
Replying to @Sultan4Oz and @Michael25827300
Jack Smith is investigating stop the steal fundraising too. I read it could be wire fraud violations if Trump is proven to have know. He lost the election.

Kimberly Ross @SouthernKeeks 6h
I don’t always tweet vomit gifs but when I do it’s because there’s a tweet from a slobbering cultist and general mental midget comparing Donald Trump to the sinless Jesus Christ. Keep your fetid thoughts to yourself.

Alex Blank 🔥🔥💯 @chaotic456 5h
Social media on Tuesday is going to get vicious. This will be the big dummy and his Magadonians in their last stand to try and destroy the Republican party.
The primaries will get nasty. No big deal..... Fight it out with the big dummies.
#DeSantis2024
#DeSavages

This account has a ton of formerly T**** now DeSantis posts of MAGAts who now regret it. https://twitter.com/Michael25827300/with_replies

Greg Ramsey @gregoram2greg 36m
Replying to @TPCarney and @Michael25827300
Support Trump and start running against Biden! Desantis is the obvious best candidate, but the constant Trump attacks hurt the GOP!

DeSantis2024-Florida Mike-TeamSanity @Michael25827300 34m
Replying to @gregoram2greg and @TPCarney
I believe the opposite, ignore Biden and attack the orange loser night and day with everything but the kitchen sink.

DeSantis2024-Florida Mike-TeamSanity @Michael25827300 5h
I hope the Trumpers do come down here (Miami) and try to start trouble. The cops in Miami do not play around, as soon as they start causing a problem, they will be eating billy clubs. This won't be a repeat of DC, our police will be ready and waiting to beat some Trumper ass.😋

Quote Tweet The Messenger @TheMessenger 9h
Trump supporters threaten violence ahead of court appearance in classified documents case https://trib.al/7bYt0I1

Damn Ann! :lol:

Ann Coulter @AnnCoulter 11h
<<G.O.P. voters overwhelmingly believed that any charge against Mr. Trump was a plot by Democrats...>>
It IS a plot, you morons. It's a plot to get Trump the nomination, so Biden will get 4 more years.

The GOP is in one hell of a mess. That Indictment is BRUTAL.

Return to “Current Politics”