💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - MAGA Mike Johnson Saved by Shadow Speaker Hakeem Jeffries

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Kendra

The 118th Congress with Kevin "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker /Clowns

Post by Kendra »

:roll:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The children are saying that McCarthy has violated the verbal deals they made with him when they voted for him for Speaker, and will now refuse to vote for anything until he puts them in writing.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I have a feeling mccarthy won't be speaker long. If so the moderates that may be left in the republican party should make a deal with Jeffries.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Jim

Post by Jim »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:53 pm I have a feeling mccarthy won't be speaker long. If so the moderates that may be left in the republican party should make a deal with Jeffries.
McCarthy should be making deals with Jeffries and the Dems to hold onto the speaker's gavel he dropped his drawers and bent over for..."Please Freedom Caucus, can I have another?"

Although, another speaker battle with no clear favorite on the pub side would lead to another 100-ballot election...and days of entertainment.

So, who do you think the pubs in the House will finally settle on as their new speaker?

(Please, please, nominate Trump. LOL)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“One-eye”?

Absolute babbling paste-eating quackery.
Luna: The FBI has moles within the FBI that are actively leaking information to the Biden family. It was brought to our attention that there was a mole within the FBI by the name of one eye
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Stewie Rhodes????
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Rep. Grothman compares US presidential elections in Democratic states to North Korea and China
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The Klown Kaukus is stopping things from passing that if they did pass would die waiting for the Senate to round file them anyway.

It's all about the clicks.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

as it happens ... :lol:
Republican hardliners’ revolt against Kevin McCarthy shuts down US House of Representatives
Ultra-conservatives from speaker’s own party are unhappy about debt ceiling deal and say he hasn’t delivered on promises made to secure the chair

Staff and agencies
Thu 8 Jun 2023 05.37 BST

The US House of Representatives has been forced to postpone all votes until next week – paralyzed by a revolt against its Republican speaker, Kevin McCarthy, by ultra-conservative members of his own party.

The standoff between McCarthy and a hardline faction of his own Republican majority has forced the chamber into a holding pattern that looks likely to persist until at least Monday.

Members of the House Freedom Caucus have been upset over the bipartisan debt ceiling bill that McCarthy recently brokered with the Democratic president, Joe Biden, as well as claims that some hardliners had been threatened over their opposition to the deal.

“You’ve got a small group of people who are pissed off that are keeping the House of Representatives from functioning,” said Republican representative Steve Womack.

“This is insane. This is not the way a governing majority is expected to behave, and frankly, I think there will be a political cost to it.”

The hardliners were among the 71 Republicans who opposed debt ceiling legislation that passed the House last week. They say McCarthy did not cut spending deeply enough and retaliated against at least one of their members. McCarthy and other House Republican leaders dismissed the retaliation claims.

They also accuse McCarthy of violating the terms of an agreement that allowed him to secure the speaker’s gavel in January, though it was not clear which aspects they believe were not honored.

House action came to a sudden halt midday on Tuesday when the band of conservatives refused to support a routine procedural vote to set the rules schedule for the day’s debate. It was the first time in some 20 years a routine rules vote was defeated.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... sentatives
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

My church has a bunch of toddlers. When they don't get their way, they're far more mature about it.
101010 :towel:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I'm here for this. This is glorious. McCarthy wanted the speakership for a long time and sold his soul for it. Now it's crumbling all around him. What a bunch of clowns.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

So Kevin shut down voting, an BoBo ain’t happy about it. Now members of her own party are “they”.

Not like she would be there to vote anyway.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I saw this morning that Comer has decided against holding Wray in contempt.*Whatever it is that Bobo throws when she’s pissed, they better hide it.

I was kind of hoping they would vote to hold Wray in contempt because the DOJ would ignore it, giving the whackjobs something else to moan about instead of doing their jobs. Because, as much as I am annoyed by their ranting and raving, actually, passing hateful legislation is far worse.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Rep. Biggs calls for Biden not only to be impeached but to be indicted, and also adds that he might be guilty of treason
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Asked on CNN about the transcript showing Trump knowingly mishandled classified documents, Nancy Mace says it's the first she's hearing about it and immediately pivots to Biden whataboutism
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

🚨 #BREAKING:
@Jim_Jordan
reveals new information on Trump raid and events surrounding indictment.

Link: https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/evo-s ... re-mal.pdf
bob

Post by bob »

Just Monday-morning quarterbacking about the initial search. :yawn:

The DOJ will Shirley respond, "Ongoing criminal investigation. FOAD. HAND." (But more politely.)
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

McCarthy: This is going to disrupt this nation because it goes to the core of equal justice for all which is not being seen today and we are not going to stand for it.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:06 pm
McCarthy: This is going to disrupt this nation because it goes to the core of equal justice for all which is not being seen today and we are not going to stand for it.
Don't worry KMac, eventually, they'll get to you, all things being equal.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

'Livid' US House conservatives poised for next battle with McCarthy

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/livid- ... 023-06-12/
The U.S. House of Representatives will reconvene in an atmosphere of political uncertainty on Monday, as Republican hardline conservatives clash with Speaker Kevin McCarthy and spoil for a new fight over federal government spending.

Lawmakers are due to return to Washington for the first time since 11 Republicans, including members of the ultra-conservative House Freedom Caucus, paralyzed the chamber floor for days last week, in protest over a bipartisan debt ceiling bill that passed the House on May 31 without some of the government spending cuts they had demanded.

"What you saw last week was out of total frustration among all of us. And we're actually more livid now," Representative Ralph Norman, a leading conservative, told Reuters.

It was not clear whether the hardline Republicans would continue to use parliamentary procedures to stymie legislation, as they press for an as-yet undefined gesture from McCarthy to assuage their concerns.

The House is scheduled this week to consider Republican messaging bills that were delayed by the standoff. The bills would bar new federal regulation of gas stoves and make other regulations subject to congressional approval.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Boehner is still happy driving his riding lawnmower. :mrgreen:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

🤡 Biden was last a Senator fifteen years ago bub.
Kevin McCarthy @SpeakerMcCarthy wrote: Has anyone ever asked the current president why would he have a classified document outside of the SCIF from his Senate days? Has he ever been confronted with that question?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Luna says if DOJ doesn’t hold FBI Director Wray accountable for whatever latest thing he did to upset House Republicans, they are going to seek to eliminate the position of FBI Director.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :crazy:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “Current Politics”