Rest In Peace

Chilidog

Rest In Peace

Post by Chilidog »

Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Pat Robertson, broadcaster who helped make religion central to GOP politics, dies at 93

https://apnews.com/article/pat-robertso ... 545cac793e

Just passing along without comment.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Rest In Peace

Post by keith »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:25 am Pat Robertson, broadcaster who helped make religion central to GOP politics, dies at 93

IMHO, He is not eligible for the Rest In Peace thread. But you do you.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
sad-cafe

Rest In Peace

Post by sad-cafe »

He is now in the find out phase
somerset

Rest In Peace

Post by somerset »

keith wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:32 am
Shizzle Popped wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:25 am Pat Robertson, broadcaster who helped make religion central to GOP politics, dies at 93

IMHO, He is not eligible for the Rest In Peace thread. But you do you.
No reason we can’t have happy news in this thread ;)
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Rest In Peace

Post by johnpcapitalist »

His decades of bizarre ideas and hateful rhetoric, particularly anti-gay, has probably created more non-believers than almost any other evangelical figure. It might even be the case that he created more non-believers than he recruited to his faith.

Prosperity Gospel folks like Kenneth Copeland and Creflo Dollar are clearly frauds and deserve massive condemnation, but they don't turn everyday people away from religion as often as a clueless, ranting bigot like Robertson.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by Slim Cognito »

I am channeling Moms Mabley.
► Show Spoiler
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Rest In Peace

Post by neonzx »

93 is a good life run... but you know how the song goes" ... only the good die young"

Can you do Clarence Thomas next, God? :pray:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Rest In Peace

Post by Maybenaut »

neonzx wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:01 pm 93 is a good life run... but you know how the song goes" ... only the good die young"

Can you do Clarence Thomas next, God? :pray:
Reminds me of a song that one of my favorite performers*, Steve Poltz, wrote: Hey God I’ll Trade You Donald Trump For Leonard Cohen. I’ve seen him do it a number of times. He updates it to include folks we’ve lost recently.

* Seriously, if you ever get a chance to see hime live, go! His genre is Americana, and his shows are a mix of covers, originals, and storytelling. You probably think you’ve never heard of him, but he co-wrote the Jewel song You We’re Meant For Me, which I promise you have heard even if you think you haven’t.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
AndyinPA
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by AndyinPA »

We need a good riddance thread.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Rest In Peace

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:09 pm We need a good riddance thread.
"Burn in Hell Mutha F------" thread

Is that too crass.... :shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Rest In Peace

Post by neonzx »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:38 pm

RVInit

Rest In Peace

Post by RVInit »

neonzx wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:50 pm

I love it! And, IMO, no, not too crass. He was a particularly ugly person. Good riddance for sure. If I lived near his grave I would consider saving a little something to pour on top of his grave, for a tiny bit of personal satisfaction.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by AndyinPA »

Well, well. Another one bites the dust.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituari ... tary-dead/
James G. Watt, who battled environmentalists during a rancorous term as interior secretary under President Ronald Reagan and offended even some allies with the uninhibited rhetoric that ultimately drove him to resign, died May 27 in Arizona. He was 85.

His family announced his death in a statement but did not cite the cause or specific location where he died.

At 42, Mr. Watt was one of the youngest members of Reagan’s Cabinet when he took office in 1981. Like the newly elected president, Mr. Watt was a Westerner — he came from Wyoming, the son of a Republican county chairman; Reagan had been a Republican governor of California — and he wore boots, although not of the cowboy variety, along with his thick glasses.

Upon his arrival as secretary, Mr. Watt telegraphed his agenda with an order that the American buffalo on the Interior Department’s official seal, which since the department’s founding in 1849 had faced to the left, be turned to look right.

During two years and nine months in office, he was a champion of private business, including oil, coal and other industries seeking what he deemed the necessary development of public lands, and a scourge of environmentalists, who regarded his nomination as a catastrophe for their cause.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sad-cafe

Rest In Peace

Post by sad-cafe »

I'm with ya~~
busterbunker

Rest In Peace

Post by busterbunker »

I you're into crass, you gotta check out The Iron Sheik's twitter. Scroll past the RIP's for the real deal. Dude was on fire.

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik
Gregg

Rest In Peace

Post by Gregg »

Perhaps "Someone get the coal for this twerptwaddle"
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RVInit

Rest In Peace

Post by RVInit »

Watt and Robertson all in the same day! And on Federal Indictment Day to boot! I thought Friday was my favorite day, but Thursdays are looking good right now.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Rest In Peace

Post by Gregg »

RVInit wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:52 am Watt and Robertson all in the same day! And on Federal Indictment Day to boot! I thought Friday was my favorite day, but Thursdays are looking good right now.
The Proper name of the holiday is Indictmas.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Rest In Peace

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
RVInit

Rest In Peace

Post by RVInit »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:12 pm
RVInit wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:52 am Watt and Robertson all in the same day! And on Federal Indictment Day to boot! I thought Friday was my favorite day, but Thursdays are looking good right now.
The Proper name of the holiday is Indictmas.
Change approved!
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Rest In Peace

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Indictmas!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Is that Merry Indictmas? Happy Indictmas? ECSTATIC Indictmas?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Gregg

Rest In Peace

Post by Gregg »

Mostly it would be "Merry Indictmas" but in the UK they generally say "Happy Indictmas".

Either is fine.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Rest In Peace

:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Rest In Peace

"One Little Jewish Guy,” as Pat Robertson Called Me, Says Good Riddance to "One Little Dead Guy"
by Mikey Weinstein

On several occasions over the years, the rabidly antisemitic, homophobic, transphobic, Islamophobic, and misogynistic Pat Robertson publicly and hatefully attacked both myself personally and my civil rights organization the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) on his CBN show “The 700 Club.” In 2014, when MRFF supported making “so help me God” an optional part of the Air Force’s oath, he called me “one little Jewish radical.” In 2015, he went on a rant against me, derisively calling me “one little Jewish guy.” (Watch video beginning at 24:07) In 2020, he went on yet another antisemitic rant, calling me “one little atheist Jewish man.” (Watch video here.)

Given Robertson’s history of heinous, antisemitic attacks against me, I felt no reason to hold back on my opinion of him when writing the following statement upon hearing of his death:

Clarence Darrow once famously said, “I have never killed anyone, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction."

Sixteen years ago, Jerry Falwell died. I had a number of journalists asking me for my reaction at that time and I simply told them 'ding dong the witch is dead’.

I was simply NOT going to mince words.

Earlier today, I was contacted by another journalist asking my reaction to Pat Robertson dying. I said the very same thing. It was most fitting.

Robertson, like his evil, bigoted colleague Falwell, was a 100% fundamentalist Christian nationalist and repulsively antisemitic, homophobic, transphobic, Islamophobic, and misogynistic to the filthy core of his wretched being.

I know quite well what it felt like to be savaged by him just for being a Jewish person who fights for civil rights in our armed forces.

Our nation is currently embroiled in horribly divisive strife freighted by the very same universal hatred and prejudice that BOTH Falwell and Robertson spewed out everywhere all the time.

America and the world will be far better places without the putrid, unconstitutional, fundamentalist Christian supremacy, triumphalism, domination, exclusivity, and exceptionalism both of those monsters tried to mix into the very fabric of our laws, land, and its inhabitants.

I am simply not going to mince words.

Return to “General Stuff”