Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Jeff (go find that oil spill) Clark

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The man Trump tried to appoint as acting AG to conduct a sham “election fraud” investigation to delay the electoral count (until everyone threatened to resign) says he agrees with Marge Greene’s plan to defund the Special Counsel (who is going to put Clark in jail).
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Jeffrey Clark, who is under federal investigation for conspiring to try to seize control of the Justice Department and help Trump self-coup, has leads on what the "deep state" is up to/
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Jeff Clark, who Trump wanted to make AG for his coup attempt, says Norfolk Southern was at fault for burning the chem cars just to get more trains going quickly, but it never would’ve happened if Trump was president.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Good to know Trump’s co-conspirator to overturn the election is teaching Europeans about our constitution. He is also having a much different experience than mine in a dozen or so European countries during the Trump years.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

A little moar, apparently he is in Hungary teaching US constitutional law?
Jeff Clark @JeffClarkUS wrote: Here, where I am in Europe to teach US constitutional law, even cab drivers are fans of President Trump. They are ordinary people: the bedrock of any society.

Even a Brit-born Uber driver I met, who is in Europe with his wife for her job such that they temporarily left their $1 million+ house in Los Angeles behind temporarily, is pro-Trump.

Among all classes, and even in Europe Trump has more support than the mainstream media tells you.

And the Europeans know that what’s in the interests of Americans is in the interests of the people of Europe, even if it’s not in the interests of “elite” European leaders.

+1 The original Brit, adopted American, temporarily-in-Hungary driver said he converted his neighbor in Los Angeles to become a Trump fan by offering him coffee to drink in the morning while reading Trump tweets.

He said: “One must have a cigar to properly enjoy Trump’s tweets.”
https://twitter.com/JeffClarkUS/status/ ... 87456?s=20
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

1/2 Total whitewash job by 60
Minutes of Ray Epps.

He’s allowed to explain his admission that he orchestrated the riot in a way the J6 Cmte didn’t even press him on.

This was a tacit admission that the J6 lawyers failed to do a real deposition of Epps. So he got a 60 Minutes do over.
raison de arizona

Jeff Clark @JeffClarkUS wrote: Big victory in the Eleventh Circuit for election integrity in Florida.

Maybe Marc Elias will be in the dumps tonight. So sad.

The Eleventh Circuit includes Georgia.

https://media.ca11.uscourts.gov/opinion ... 211143.pdf
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Marc Elias doesn't get down in the dumps, ya mope. He gets cracking.
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:25 pm Marc Elias doesn't get down in the dumps, ya mope. He gets cracking.
Elias doesn’t even work for the Dems anymore IIRC.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:27 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:25 pm Marc Elias doesn't get down in the dumps, ya mope. He gets cracking.
He doesn't. But I find it hilarious they think Democrats are criers, when they are the ones who do the bellyaching.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:27 pm
But was he representing the League of Women voters? I really don't know and have not bothered to check.
101010 :towel:
bob

Post by bob »

northland10 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:41 pm But was he representing the League of Women voters?
Per the League, Elias was at least helping.

Elias (and his firm) were listed as counsel in the district court. And it appears they worked on the appeal.

Also:
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

:roll:
Jeff Clark @JeffClarkUS wrote: The NEPA statute has been not just red tape but red wire holding the US economy back for decades.

That's why I led reform of the NEPA regulations for President Trump, defeating two efforts to block those regulations in district court litigation I personally argued.

We need those regulations back. (We need President Trump back, for that matter.)

Using NEPA against @elonmusk is just a weaponized payback for him challenging the regime media and public-private censorship partnerships AND for raising questions about the dangers of artificial intelligence.
Pamela King @pamelalauren wrote: Greens have filed a NEPA suit against the Biden admin for failing to hold SpaceX accountable for environmental damage surrounding its coastal Texas spaceport @ellieborst

https://subscriber.politicopro.com/arti ... w-00094686
https://twitter.com/JeffClarkUS/status/ ... 43458?s=20
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

JUST IN: After an 8 month delay, a federal judge has cleared the way for DC bar authorities to continue disciplinary proceedings against former Trump DOJ attorney Jeffrey CLARK.

https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/sh ... 2mc0096-20
northland10

Post by northland10 »

I stopped to read the opinion before posting, and in that time, Kendra beat me to it. :faint:

Ah well, now I don't need to check if there was an earlier post about the proceedings to link to.

Time to learn how to speed-read judicial opinions after a long day of work.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

northland10 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:25 pm I stopped to read the opinion before posting, and in that time, Kendra beat me to it. :faint:

Ah well, now I don't need to check if there was an earlier post about the proceedings to link to.

Time to learn how to speed-read judicial opinions after a long day of work.
Go ahead, I didn't bother to read it. Too distracted with the other breaking news :oldlady:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kyle Griffin
@kylegriffin1
A federal court has rejected ex-Justice Dept. attorney Jeffrey Clark's request to intervene in a legal disciplinary case pending against him over his efforts to help Donald Trump overturn his 2020 election loss.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Congratulated Jeff. He loves to spout off and fight on Twitter so surely he's looking forward to his trial.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona

Clark says that the DOJ leaked the Bedminster phone call, therefore the indictment must be dismissed.

And he was assistant attorney general, so he knows. :yankyank:
Trump Pleads ‘Not Guilty,’ Judge Does Not Impose Any Travel Restrictions
:snippity:
Jeffrey Clark, who served as an assistant attorney general in the Trump administration, said that after reading through the 49-page indictment that there is something on page three that is troubling for the prosecution.

Clark noted on Twitter that the leak to the media is grounds for having the case thrown out.

“I’m beginning to read the indictment against Trump,” he wrote. “But even three pages in, it’s clear that the leaks that preceded the indictment are far too close to what is actually being pleaded by DOJ to be a coincidence.”

“For example, in paragraph 6a on page 3, we hear about the recording of the Bedminster call, which the MSNBC’s of the world have been beating a dead horse about for quite a while based on such leaks. This means that Trump lawyers could not possibly be the source of the leaks,” Clark continued.

“Ergo, the leaks are coming from DOJ,” he said. “They must be investigated and punished. Also, this is grounds for granting a motion highlighting jury pool poisoning and dismissing the indictment before it reaches even its one-month birthday.”

He added: “All of this is so outrageous; it shocks the conscience. It’s fundamentally anti-American. Trump Witch Hunt Number … what? I’ve lost count. Let’s call it Trump Witch Hunt #99.”
He has a fascinating train of thought.

I think it has derailed though.
raison de arizona

Oh look. Jeff Clark (Inmate P01135824) had something stupid to say, and when called on it, promptly deleted it. Also, a Tuesday.
Xeorge Xonway @gtconway3d wrote: My Dearest Neal:

The respectful and proper form of address for @JeffClarkUS is “Your Most Excellent Inmateship P01135824.”

No need to delete and repost. Just flagging for future reference.

Your friend,
g
Neal Katyal @neal_katyal wrote: Dear Criminal Defendant Clark:

I am a Hindu. Are you suggesting I do not belong in this country?

You might be better off studying our Founders, the text of our First Amendment, and (albeit for other reasons), the Criminal Code.

I sincerely wish you the best,

Neal
Moar: 'Beneath contempt': Legal experts pile on Trump codefendant over Burning Man comments

Clark did take the opportunity to dig deeper, however.
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

XPOST
Greatgrey wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:27 am
Kyle Cheney @kyledcheney wrote: ALSO NOT IMMUNE: A D.C. Circuit panel that includes two Trump appointees just rejected Jeff Clark's latest bid to delay his bar discipline proceedings.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Good. I hate that guy. Maybe now we'll get to watch his disbarment. He'll have some scheduling to figure out so that that hearing doesn't conflict with his criminal trial. Oh well. I'm working on scheduling conflicts with vacation and family visits, no trials included. Way more fun scheduling!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Between GIL and now Clark, Rao must be on a first-name basis with the counsel for the DC Discipline Office by now.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Josh Gerstein
@joshgerstein

JUST IN: DC Court of Appeals concludes Trump DOJ official Jeff Clark was subject to DC bar rules while serving at DOJ, but can assert 5th Amendment to refuse to respond to some doc requests in disbarment proceeding.
https://www.dccourts.gov/sites/default/ ... -0891F.pdf
bob

Post by bob »

DC Court of Appeals concludes Trump DOJ official Jeff Clark was subject to DC bar rules while serving at DOJ, but can assert 5th Amendment to refuse to respond to some doc requests in disbarment proceeding.
Of course: Asserting the 5th may stave off a criminal prosecution, but it won't be a defense in bar proceedings.

But trading your bar card for your freedom seems like a fair bargain. Especially if there's some cushy K-Street firm willing to pay you to stare out the window.
Image ImageImage

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”