EX-Fox, Ex-MSNBC, Ex-CNN Host Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus Rooster/Cock

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

EX-Fox, Ex-MSNBC, Ex-CNN Host Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus Rooster/Cock

Post by northland10 »

Suranis wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:10 pm 114.5k likes after an hour and 9 minutes.
My brain read that as 114.5k lies after an hour and 9 minutes, and it seemed entirely plausible.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:10 pm 114.5k likes after an hour and 9 minutes. Not bad, but not the onrush of screaming fans that Mr Personality wants in order to sell himself for the big money.
Let's face it, after the shiny wears off in a month or so, Tucker is now discount Alex Jones.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

🚨Scoop: Fox News informed Tucker Carlson's lawyers last night that he breached his contract with the network when he launched his own Twitter show on Tuesday
— Carlson's lawyers argue Carlson has the right to free speech on social media
With
@mikeallen
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:54 pm
🚨Scoop: Fox News informed Tucker Carlson's lawyers last night that he breached his contract with the network when he launched his own Twitter show on Tuesday
Carlson's lawyers argue Carlson has the right to free speech on social media
With
@mikeallen
Because, of course, the 1st Amendment applies to corporations.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:34 pm
Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:54 pm
Carlson's lawyers argue Carlson has the right to free speech on social media
With
@mikeallen
Because, of course, the 1st Amendment applies to corporations.
Getting paid for it should be another matter, though.

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Here's the story. Has Tucker lost his mind? He thinks Brett Favre, random Twitter MAGAs and a 1A claim is going to work against Fox after they just had to pay $787M over his antics? This is not complicated.
2 hours ago - Economy & Business
Scoop: Fox News says Tucker Carlson breached his contract

Fox News Wednesday notified Tucker Carlson's lawyers that the former prime-time anchor violated his contract with the network when he launched his own Twitter show on Tuesday, according to a copy of a letter obtained by Axios.

Why it matters: A breach of contract claim sets Fox News up to explore potential legal action against Carlson, a move that would intensify the already thorny public battle between the two parties. Carlson’s lawyers told Axios that any legal action by Fox would violate his First Amendment rights. “Fox defends its very existence on freedom of speech grounds. Now they want to take Tucker Carlson’s right to speak freely away from him because he took to social media to share his thoughts on current events," said Carlson's lawyer, Bryan Freedman, in a statement to Axios.

Catch up quick: Carlson was ousted from Fox News in April following a record $787 million defamation settlement with Dominion Voting Systems, which sued the network for making false claims about the company. Carlson, Axios reported, has since accused Fox of fraud and has argued that Fox breached his contract when its senior executives reneged on promises made to Carlson "intentionally and with reckless disregard for the truth." Carlson's lawyers also argued Fox broke its promise to Carlson not to settle with Dominion Voting Systems "in a way which would indicate wrongdoing" on the part of the former host.
Axios previously reported that Carlson was told by a member of the Fox board that he was taken off the air as part of the Dominion settlement, two sources briefed on the conversation told Axios.

Details: Shortly after Carlson posted the first episode of his new show on Twitter Tuesday evening, Fox News general counsel Bernard Gugar sent a letter to Carlson’s lawyers saying Carlson "is in breach" of his contract agreement. "In connection with such breach and pursuant to the Agreement, Fox expressly reserves all rights and remedies which are available to it at law or equity.” The letter refers to Carlson's contract, which was originally signed on November 8, 2019 and amended on February 16, 2021. "This evening we were made aware of Mr. Tucker Carlson’s appearance on Twitter in a video that lasted over 10 minutes," the letter read. "Pursuant to the terms of the Agreement, Mr. Carlson’s 'services shall be completely exclusive to Fox,'" it continues, quoting Carlson's contract. It adds that Carlson's contract says he is "prohibited from rendering services of any type whatsoever, whether 'over the internet via streaming or similar distribution, or other digital distribution whether now known or hereafter devised.'"

Between the lines: Carlson's legal team, according to a source familiar with its thinking, objects to the network's effort to block Carlson's Twitter appearances because, they believe, Twitter is not directly competitive with Fox News. A source told Axios that Fox believes it has been working in good faith to reach an amicable agreement.

The big picture: Carlson has been leveraging allies, such as former NFL quarterback Brett Favre, to put pressure on the network to let him out of his contract. A source told Axios that Carlson was told by a senior Fox executive that the network's goal is to keep him sidelined until 2025.
:popcorn:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Favre has a few of his own legal issues requiring his attention right now.
bob

Post by bob »

Carlson’s lawyers told Axios that any legal action by Fox would violate his First Amendment rights.
Hooboy.

Preliminarily, FOX and Twitter aren't the government; so the First Amendment implications are ... tenuous.

Even assuming, "well, you know I mean!," people can and do contract those rights away. Sports figures are notable examples: every professional player's contract specifies the things they can't say (like disparaging the league), and the consequences for doing so (like fines or contract termination).

Non-competition clauses are somewhat disfavored by the courts, but they still exist and are often enforced.
Image ImageImage
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Oh boo hoo. Tucker is still under contract with Fox. I imagine that the contract requires Fox to pay Tucker some obscene amount of money even if they've pulled him from the air. Of course Fox can specify in a contract what their personalities can and can't do. Tucker just has to suck it up. I have zero sympathy for the overpaid loudmouth.
wavey davey

Post by wavey davey »

neonzx wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:09 am
Gregg wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:54 pm Lesbians drive Jeep Wranglers. Trust me on this.

But he is a dirty long haired hippy Liberal Communist.

Even more so if it's the hybrid.
I should have known that! I do know that gay dudes drive Mazda Miatas. (I learned that from watching a documentary film called "Go!" a long time ago)
There's plenty of not-gay dudes that drive Miatas - myself included. Well built, reliable, and amazingly fun to drive. Driving around the local canyon and mountain roads here in the So Cal "Inland Empire" with the top down is truly a joy. Has a nice sound system so I am doing "ze cranking ze toons" as a female German acquaintance would say.

Miata was the reincarnation of the defunct classic British roadsters of the 50's and 60's. MG, Triumph, Austin Healy, Lotus. Most of these were well within the reach for those of modest means who wanted some automotive fun.

When it comes to cars, I am Mr. Practical, Mr Reliable and Mr Affordable. My 2001 Miata SE is one of the very few luxuries I have allowed myself.
Image Image ImageImage
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:31 pm
Suranis wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:10 pm 114.5k likes after an hour and 9 minutes. Not bad, but not the onrush of screaming fans that Mr Personality wants in order to sell himself for the big money.
Let's face it, after the shiny wears off in a month or so, Tucker is now discount Alex Jones.
DAJ as the new abbreviation to avoid using a name? I second that for TFB-canon inclusion.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:31 am
DAJ as the new abbreviation to avoid using a name? I second that for TFB-canon inclusion.
:stamp:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Disgruntled Asshole Jerk?

Oh, I see, 'Discount Alex Jones'.

Sorry, my mistake.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

keith wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:28 am

Disgruntled Asshole Jerk?

Oh, I see, 'Discount Alex Jones'.

Sorry, my mistake.
I see no difference between these two phrases.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Tucker Ep 2 drops. Following indictment coverage and didn't watch, but folks are saying he gives Fox the finger (or maybe that's just because he dropped it at all).

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-new ... ter-2023-6

Tucker Carlson has received a 'cease-and-desist' letter from Fox News over new show on Elon Musk's Twitter, report says
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

So sad.
Matthew Gertz @MattGertz wrote: Views for "Tucker Carlson on Twitter" posts (assume the number of people who actually viewed the videos is much much lower).

Announcement: 137.1M
Ep. 1: 120M
Ep. 2: 60.6M
Ep. 3 (Trump indicted): 104.1M
Ep. 4: 32.4M
Ep. 5: 17.3M
Ep. 6: 32M
Ep. 7: 15.4M
Ep. 8: 8.6M

😬😬😬
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Tucker Carlson is the new Glen Beck. Soon to be the new Alex Jones.

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

A millionaire selling survival kits to survive :?: :lol:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 63cfd&ei=7
Tucker Carlson is hosting a forum in Iowa this week featuring 2024 presidential candidates. But the leader of the pack has decided to sit it out.

Carlson will interview six presidential candidates on Friday at the FAMiLY Leadership Summit in Des Moines. Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL), former Vice President Mike Pence, Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC), businessman Vivek Ramaswamy and former governors Nikki Haley and Asa Hutchinson are all slated to sit down with the former Fox News host.

But notably absent from the roster is former President Donald Trump. And on Tuesday morning, event organizer Bob Vander Plaats confirmed that the former president plans to no-show.

“I learned last night that @realDonaldTrump will NOT attend our Leadership Summit this Friday,” Vander Plaats wrote on Twitter. “Thus, our lineup is set.”
:snippity:
Trump, however, will appear at another event this weekend where Carlson is scheduled to attend — the Turning Point Action conference in Florida. Trump and Carlson, though, will give separate speeches and not sit down for a conversation.

The post Trump to Blow Off Presidential Candidate Forum Hosted By Tucker Carlson On Friday first appeared on Mediaite.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Tucker Who?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

bill_g wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:35 amTucker Who?
Some nepo baby.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:54 pm
bill_g wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:35 amTucker Who?
Some nepo baby.
He gets the coffee.

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

He still looks like he needs to run to the bathroom real bad.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Even given his current predicament, the fanboys just can’t get enough.
IMG_5311.png
IMG_5311.png (262.82 KiB) Viewed 4890 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”