Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Only if I post a photo of me in the poncho. Or maybe Hunter Biden. ;)

Edit: I know, how is Hunter Biden going to post a photo of me in the poncho? :think:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:33 pm Three weeks from today is my next shoulder surgery.

I'm lucky I only have two shoulders, because this could get old. :bored:
And so today I was fired from fizzikal therapy again, until the next shoulder is done.

But my right arm works pretty good now. I might go to Musical Asskicking class on Sunday, see how it goes.

:whistle:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:38 pm Only if I post a photo of me in the poncho. Or maybe Hunter Biden. ;)

Edit: I know, how is Hunter Biden going to post a photo of me in the poncho? :think:
Is that a Mexican poncho or a Sears poncho?
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

(d) none of the above

It's high quality reinforced ripstop nylon, and it's pretty well made as far as I can tell without wearing it in the rain (still no rain :mad:). It has a warning that moisture may leak through the seams, but the material itself is waterproof, not water-resistant.

Does that answer your question? :batting:

Here's their website:

https://saphirose.com/collections/rain-gear-for-men
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by keith »

So a rain pon ho maki g company doesnt know how to waterproof their seams?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Maybenaut

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:14 pm (d) none of the above

It's high quality reinforced ripstop nylon, and it's pretty well made as far as I can tell without wearing it in the rain (still no rain :mad:). It has a warning that moisture may leak through the seams, but the material itself is waterproof, not water-resistant.

Here's their website:

You are clearly not a fan of Frank Zappa…
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
keith

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by keith »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:14 am
Foggy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:14 pm (d) none of the above

Here's their website:

You are clearly not a fan of Frank Zappa…
You mean these guys?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Today is Memorial Day.

At my swim club. Postponed from last weekend, which was rainy and chilly.

The water temperature is still unacceptable, but the Sun is shining.

I won't be participating in the "Big Splash" contest, but I may grill a burger or 40, and I may be called upon to coach some of the events for the small Earthlings. 8-)
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, my shoulder surgery is two weeks from Thursday (and the endoscopy is a week from Thursday), and I learned last time around that there are two things I can do in the last couple of weeks before surgery to improve the chances of a positive outcome, and they are:

1. Aerobic exercise, as much as possible, and,

2. Increase protein intake to 100 grams per diem.

So I shall be wending my way to Musical Asskicking class today, for the first time in a long time. And then buying a whole bunch of 20-grams-of-protein yogurt cups on the way home.

I am danceable, but I am going to find out just how much stamina I have lost since the grand opening of my right shoulder. I'm probably going to spend half the class leaning against the wall and desperately trying to catch my breath. Musical Asskicking is a very tough aerobic exercise class, and it took me months to really get into the kind of shape it takes to do it. Not even to mention I still can't really punch with my left arm (but wait until August :biggrin:).
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
tek

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by tek »

I've been using this for protein supplement on my diet, I quite like it:
d7.jpg
d7.jpg (229.45 KiB) Viewed 629 times
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

I shall look for those. I am eating Oikos greek yogurt with 20 grams of protein. I can't eat enough chicken and fish to get 100 grams in a day. But a couple of yogurts and a protein shake (20 grams), and now I can start eating chicken, fish, and other high protein foods.

Beans. People tell me that beans have a lot of protein.

I tell them, chocolate is a bean. Cacao bean. :mrgreen:

Now I have completed two classes of Musical Asskicking, and I have no stamina, but it's still the most fun you can have with your clothes on (and I do so much jumping, I have to wear a jockstrap), but nobody needs to know that so I didn't really say it and day after mañana we're heading to Bathysphere or wherever it is, can't wait.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:14 pm I do so much jumping, I have to wear a jockstrap.
Humblebrag of the week. At least you weren't telling us that it alternately bounces off the floor and flies over your shoulder with each hop.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Oh, I remember that song!

🎶 Do your balls hang low,
Do they wobble to and fro,
Can you tie 'em in a knot,
Can you tie' em in a bow,
Can you throw them over your shoulder
Like a Continental soldier?
Do your balls hang LOOOOOOOWWWWWWW?

Sure, I'll sing that one the next time we have a Meetup. A live, in-person Meetup. :batting:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Luke »

Of course, I'm already preparing the next massive list of YouTubes for you to watch during recovery. (If anyone has videos to add to the list, send them along).

Here's a preview: Three hours of honking MAGAts heading from Miami to Palm Beach! Wifehorn can put this on too far away to change it, then go relax and take a hot bath with rose petals and scented candles.

On Sunday a large group of Trump supporters organized a caravan from Miami to Palm Beach in support of President Trump. NTD News posted THREE HOURS of the video to Palm Beach. Hundreds of pro-Trump supporters drive from Miami to Palm Beach to show their loyalty to the former president, who is due to appear in Miami federal court on Tuesday. This is the second political indictment against President Trump, the leading Republican candidate.

It's all B-roll.

Think of it as an aperitif of what's coming. You are loved! :bighug:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Whatever4

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Whatever4 »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:03 pm
Sure, I'll sing that one the next time we have a Meetup. A live, in-person Meetup. :batting:
OK, where and when?
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Yanno, lemme work on it. I have a couple major surgeries in my future, plus little stuff like an endoscopy Thursday and a colonoscopy in August sometime. And my dad is 95 and, umm ... a little fragile, with a bleak prognosis.

But someday soon. I hope. :batting:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

So, umm ... nine days to go before the grand opening of my left shoulder, not that anyone is counting.
Edit: Oh wait, I forgot there are lawyers here. So, umm ... nine (9) days to go before the grand opening of my left shoulder ...
Gotta make it readable. ;)

I'm hoping they give me the tan or green color arm sling for after the surgery - the black one they gave me in March just doesn't enhance the visual impact of any of my summer outfits. It just doesn't say "Whoa, look what he's wearing after reverse shoulder replacement surgery!" :blackeye:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Flatpoint High »

:rotflmao:
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Luke »

Thought of you and this is really sweet and terrific -- it's from 2 years ago, 95-year-old Dick Van Dyke sits down with Al Roker before he received his Kennedy Center award. Inspiring, what a wonderful man.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
keith

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:35 pm So, umm ... nine days to go before the grand opening of my left shoulder, not that anyone is counting.
Edit: Oh wait, I forgot there are lawyers here. So, umm ... nine (9) days to go before the grand opening of my left shoulder ...
Gotta make it readable. ;)

I'm hoping they give me the tan or green color arm sling for after the surgery - the black one they gave me in March just doesn't enhance the visual impact of any of my summer outfits. It just doesn't say "Whoa, look what he's wearing after reverse shoulder replacement surgery!" :blackeye:
I've always bee a fan of the little black dress sling, myself.
keith

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by keith »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:48 pm Thought of you and this is really sweet and terrific -- it's from 2 years ago, 95-year-old Dick Van Dyke sits down with Al Roker before he received his Kennedy Center award. Inspiring, what a wonderful man.

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbzEpluH_LU
He's really got the Gabby Hayes thing goin' on there.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by johnpcapitalist »

keith wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:36 am
orlylicious wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:48 pm Thought of you and this is really sweet and terrific -- it's from 2 years ago, 95-year-old Dick Van Dyke sits down with Al Roker before he received his Kennedy Center award. Inspiring, what a wonderful man.

I listened. Not one word of it sounds like authentic frontier gibberish!?
keith

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by keith »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:01 am
keith wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:36 am

I listened. Not one word of it sounds like authentic frontier gibberish!?
Gabby Hayes was not in Blazing Saddles.
Maybenaut

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Maybenaut »

Whatever4 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:25 pm
Foggy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:03 pm
OK, where and when?
We should seriously consider a Fogbow meetup Blue Ridge edition!!!

Maybelot has three bedrooms, plus a bed in the tee vee room. We also have a fairly large room that we call the “room of requirement” where we can put air mattresses if need be. And we have a cabin next door that has two bedrooms and a futon on the living room.
Edit: Three *extra* bedrooms, not counting ours. So we have a total of 5 extra bedrooms, plus the bed in the tv room and the futon in the cabin.
And Page County bills itself as “the cabin capitol” of Virginia; there are airbnbs all over the place (including one next door and two or three down the street).

The downside is that we’re an hour and a half from the nearest airport (Dulles), and an hour from the nearest train station (Culpeper, VA). The upside is we’re 10 minutes from I-81.

It’s the “when” that’s going to be challenging for me. This place is at its peak gorgeousness in the fall, but this fall we’re booked solid between events here and travel plans. April is also nice, so a Maybelot Meetup in spring or fall of 2024 is something maybe worth talking about.

I’m not saying we need to wait til then - we can do one somewhere else sooner, but I’d definitely love to have one here at some point.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Today I got a pony.

OK, today I got three ponies. No, you can't have one.

And I met a handsome dark Percheron, I'll show him later. He didn't think much of the ponies, but ol' Wifehorn thought they were cute.

pony_x_3.jpg
pony_x_3.jpg (326.18 KiB) Viewed 282 times
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,

Return to “Introduce Yourself”