US Postal Service

Chilidog

US Postal Service

Post by Chilidog »

Didn't know where to post this. (No pun intended)

So we have not had any mail delivery since last Saturday.

Monday was a holiday, but nothing has been delivered to our mailboxes Tuesday, yesterday or so far today.

I know this because one of my neighbors put a registered mail receipt in the corner of his box and it's still sitting there.

I called the local branch and was told that they are severely understaffed. Really? Ya think?

Granted, most of it is junk mail, but there are some important things that I am expecting

Not happy.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

US Postal Service

Post by raison de arizona »

That sucks, sorry to hear it. Rain nor sleet nor snow, but staffing shortages are another thing.

Also: https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

US Postal Service

Post by neonzx »

I don't recall where you live, but down here in Hurricane Alley, we just started getting mail this Tuesday. I'm sure I missed a ton of junk mail. :faint: BUT, i received four Scientology mailers today. :yankyank:

My Amex card was damaged and they sent a replacement via FedEx, not USPS... I didn't request that shipping they just did.
pipistrelle

US Postal Service

Post by pipistrelle »

Informed Delivery said my ballot was delivered Friday, but it appeared yesterday along with the rest of Friday's mail. I'll have to send it back soon if there are going to be delays again. Fascinating, because up until the ballot my mail had been reliable for several months.

Also, Amazon used to make all their Prime deliveries to me through their own carriers but since a few months ago everything not from a third-party seller has been delivered via USPS. i use Prime Delivery Day (the supposedly fewer packages option, although that rarely works out), but that doesn't seem to be the reason since I've been doing that for a while.
raison de arizona

US Postal Service

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:23 am Informed Delivery said my ballot was delivered Friday, but it appeared yesterday along with the rest of Friday's mail. I'll have to send it back soon if there are going to be delays again. Fascinating, because up until the ballot my mail had been reliable for several months.
We were out of town when our ballots arrived Saturday. By the time we returned Sunday, we must have has a major storm that rained sideways because everything in the mailbox was wet. Emailed the county about what to do, but haven't heard back yet.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Chilidog

US Postal Service

Post by Chilidog »

Just spoke to my regular delivery guy. He was on vsvay last week.

He said that they are pulling 14 hour shifts a couple times a week.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

US Postal Service

Post by RTH10260 »

Dozens arrested in massive SoCal mail theft scheme involving nearly $5 million in losses
California Attorney General's Rob Bonta said there were a total of 769 victims.

Leo Stallworth via KABC logo
Saturday, October 8, 2022

PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- More than 80 people are facing grand theft, money laundering and conspiracy charges after a massive mail theft investigation revealed they stole nearly $5 million from hundreds of victims across California, authorities announced on Friday.

According to the California Attorney General's Office, a large bank fraud scheme, which began in 2018 and continued for several years, involved suspects allegedly depositing altered checks stolen from the U.S. Mail into various bank accounts.

Those behind the scheme recruited individuals on social media and got them to open bank accounts - or utilized the individuals' own checking accounts - to try to conceal their identities when depositing the forged checks, officials said.

"The suspects would swiftly withdraw the money before the financial institution discovered the checks were forged," said Carroll Harris with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service in Los Angeles.

California Attorney General's Rob Bonta said there were a total of 769 victims.

"Hundreds of families whose hard-earned money was brazenly stolen by criminals," said Bonta. "We're talking about birthday checks from grandma, paychecks."

https://abc7.com/california-mail-theft- ... /12304227/
pipistrelle

US Postal Service

Post by pipistrelle »

Don't know what's going on with USPS. Lately shipments are stalled, then late. Something shipped to me from 52 minutes away five days ago has yet to appear.
sugar magnolia

US Postal Service

Post by sugar magnolia »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:10 pm Don't know what's going on with USPS. Lately shipments are stalled, then late. Something shipped to me from 52 minutes away five days ago has yet to appear.
We had a check mailed to us on Feb 2. It arrived on March 18.
I mailed a flat rate box to Arkansas on Feb 16. It still isn't there yet.
Volkonski
Verified:

US Postal Service

Post by Volkonski »

A shipment of pills sent to me two weeks ago still hasn't arrived. Fortunately nothing urgent.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
pipistrelle

US Postal Service

Post by pipistrelle »

Coming Soon:
USPS Ground Advantage
Starting July 9th, USPS will launch USPS Ground Advantage™ service -an affordable and reliable way for you to ship packages up to 70 lbs anywhere in the U.S. with expected delivery in 2-5 business days.* Combining USPS Retail Ground®, First-Class Package®, and Parcel Select Ground® services into a single, streamlined product, Ground Advantage is a perfect option for shippers of all sizes who want affordable domestic ground shipping.
Learn More
* Delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, and offshore locations may vary.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

US Postal Service

Post by keith »

I dunno if I posted this before but USPS has withdrawn its embargo against Australia and New Zealand a few months back.

So if anyone wants to send me anything it should probably get here.

Eventually.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
MN-Skeptic

US Postal Service

Post by MN-Skeptic »

keith wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:14 pm I dunno if I posted this before but USPS has withdrawn its embargo against Australia and New Zealand a few months back.

So if anyone wants to send me anything it should probably get here.

Eventually.
Thanks. I'll have to ask my sister if she knows this. She's an author who also sells her own books from her website and I know that she had commented that she couldn't send to Australia at one point.
raison de arizona

US Postal Service

Seriously. WTF. Why is this doorknob still in charge?
https://x.com/RBReich/status/1753512709872574899?s=20
Robert Reich @RBReich wrote: Excuse me but how is Louis DeJoy is still postmaster general?

His destructive 10-year plan for the Post Office—slowing mail delivery, hiking prices for consumers, and speeding up privatization—is in full effect.

Hello?
Kendra

US Postal Service

Post by Kendra »

USPS has been horrible the last few months, even worse than before. We've had almost ten customer payments go missing, customers replace them, and the check delivered two months later. Five of them delivered two months late on the same day :mad:
raison de arizona

US Postal Service

Kendra wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:37 pm USPS has been horrible the last few months, even worse than before. We've had almost ten customer payments go missing, customers replace them, and the check delivered two months later. Five of them delivered two months late on the same day :mad:
I've had two checks that were sent to me (one from the IRS) lost in the mail recently. Bogus.
pipistrelle

US Postal Service

Post by pipistrelle »

Had something returned as unknown and undeliverable. Sent to someone who’s lived at same address for 40 plus years. They were :confuzzled:
Kendra

US Postal Service

Post by Kendra »

Only the best...
bob

US Postal Service

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:26 pm Seriously. WTF. Why is this doorknob still in charge?
Only the USPS' governing board may remove the general. Even after Biden's nominations to the board were confirmed, they still lack a majority to control the board (which still has two vacancies). Two of Biden's nominees, in fact, are DeJoy allies.

Too also: the general's appointment is unlimited in duration (no fixed term).
Image ImageImage
BeastofBourbon

US Postal Service

Post by BeastofBourbon »

In their favor, USPS introduced a package shipping plan called Ground Advantage that is supposed to compete with UPS and FedEx that is actually saving my Grange money for mailing our seed boxes compared with what we paid last year. Unfortunately, Ground Advantage also did away with the USPS supplied (free) boxes that we had been using using, so we had to buy boxes this year. :( I haven't noticed any decline in residential service.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

US Postal Service

Post by bill_g »

It's been hit-or-miss with our mail for years**. We have a group box - one of those outdoor contraptions with 64 (or so) mail boxes they fill from the back. We might get mail today, or we might not. We might get a bill, or we might not. We might get a check, or we might not. I swear it's a plan to force us to use paperless billing*, and grant everyone access to our bank accounts (which I'm not gonna do). We've been dinged for late payments so many times, it's redunkulous.

I've been countering by giving a little money to poli candidates, charities, magazine subscriptions, and catalog companies. I buy something, or donate a little, get put on a mauling list (typo deliberate), and become the recipient of an inordinate amount of junk mail. I am effectively the FDR-WPA of the USPS. Sounds kookie, but I get a shitton of mail somedays guaranteeing me he/she/they know exactly where my slot is in the contraption. They get a lot of practice finding it.

** It was bad before DeJoy, and seems to have gotten worse since he started feasting on their gizzards.
* I did relent on direct deposit.
Sam the Centipede

US Postal Service

Post by Sam the Centipede »

:confuzzled: Surely the decline started with the departure from this world of Judge David Wynn-Miller (that's David hyphen Wynn full colon Miller according to himself) and the incarceration of Court Clerk Leighton Ward, so the Federal Postal Court lost its key staff and was no longer able to run the postal service, the country, and, according to Wynn-Miller, the world?

:bag: Oh sorry, that was in an alternate reality, the one occupied by sovereign citizens! :biggrin:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

US Postal Service

Post by Frater I*I »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:02 pm :confuzzled: Surely the decline started with the departure from this world of Judge David Wynn-Miller (that's David hyphen Wynn full colon Miller according to himself) and the incarceration of Court Clerk Leighton Ward, so the Federal Postal Court lost its key staff and was no longer able to run the postal service, the country, and, according to Wynn-Miller, the world?

:bag: Oh sorry, that was in an alternate reality, the one occupied by sovereign citizens! :biggrin:
Wait! Are you telling me that Anna von Strudel de la PopTart's husband can't compensate for the missing talent???
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “General Stuff”