Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

EX-Fox, Ex-MSNBC, Ex-CNN Host Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus Rooster/Cock

Shizzle Popped
Verified:

EX-Fox, Ex-MSNBC, Ex-CNN Host Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus Rooster/Cock

Post by Shizzle Popped »

My wife and I both own Subarus. An Outback for me and an Impreza hatch for my wife. I'm pretty sure neither one of us is lesbian.

We owned a Miata as a weekend car for about 5 years. Say what you want but that thing was a helluva lot of fun to drive up US 2 through the Cascade Mountains with the top down in the summer. Not gay, the last time I checked.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

keith wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:51 pm Huh?
Sorry, it was Gregg, not you. :oopsy: :bag: Anyway that makes more sense since Gregg is the car guy and knows the trends.

THIS is the best /threadjack evar because it is Tuckers topic. :lol:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:05 pm My wife and I both own Subarus. An Outback for me and an Impreza hatch for my wife. I'm pretty sure neither one of us is lesbian.

We owned a Miata as a weekend car for about 5 years. Say what you want but that thing was a helluva lot of fun to drive up US 2 through the Cascade Mountains with the top down in the summer. Not gay, the last time I checked.
A co-worker 20-some years ago had a Miata. He did get lightly ribbed over it. But he let me drive it one day when we went to lunch. That is a SOLID vehicle and has performance an pep.

Same co-worker when he and his wife were expecting their first child and wanted a family vehicle, they decided on a Subaru (Forrester, I believe) because their research found it was safe and reliable. Which is true because he showed me the Consumer Reports mags.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

neonzx wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:38 pm
Shizzle Popped wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:05 pm My wife and I both own Subarus. An Outback for me and an Impreza hatch for my wife. I'm pretty sure neither one of us is lesbian.

A co-worker 20-some years ago had a Miata. He did get lightly ribbed over it. But he let me drive it one day when we went to lunch. That is a SOLID vehicle and has performance an pep.

Same co-worker when he and his wife were expecting their first child and wanted a family vehicle, they decided on a Subaru (Forrester, I believe) because their research found it was safe and reliable. Which is true because he showed me the Consumer Reports mags.
Back in the sixties and seventies, we had MG's, Austin-Healeys and Triumphs. The Miata now occupies that market niche: small, not terribly expensive, not terribly high-tech, but very fun to drive.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Foggy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:01 pm Yeah, some of the mischaracterizations are a little weird and un-Fogbowlike.

All of these are falsehoods that must be challenged:
  • Lesbians drive Wranglers (or Lezbarus).
  • Gay men drive Miatas.
  • Jews drive Jaguars.
  • Cops drive Crown Vics.
Okay, that last one used to be true in the previous century. Now they drive Tauruses or F-150s. ;)

And this one was true, back in the day, when I had a 1968 VW bus converted into a camper:
  • Hippies drive VW buses (if you searched a VW bus, you would be guaranteed to find drugs or Bibles or both).
:nope: Haven't you heard? All the cool cops are getting Teslas.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

RVInit wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:08 pm
Flatpoint High wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:40 am Tucker is a capon.
:lol:
You're welcome
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I bought the Miata after driving several more “manly” cars. They were fun for a few seconds by which time you’d blown through the speed limit. Most of them handled like shit. The Miata was fun to drive all the time, except on the highway around semis.

The Outback came about because I needed something that could make the Indy to St. Louis run in any weather. It’s gone places I never thought about taking a car.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

noblepa wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:41 pm

Back in the sixties and seventies, we had MG's, Austin-Healeys and Triumphs. The Miata now occupies that market niche: small, not terribly expensive, not terribly high-tech, but very fun to drive.

I nearly bought an Austin-Healy Sprite back in the day. But I had a friend who owned a Triumph GT6 that had constant electrical problems so I passed. About 6 months later that GT6 caught fire and they had to scrape the remains off the pavement. One of the best things about the Miata was the Japanese electrical system.
John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

noblepa wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:41 pm

Yeah. I had an Austin-Healy Sprite in the 60s, and a FIAT X1/9 in the 70s.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Gregg wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:54 pm Lesbians drive Jeep Wranglers. Trust me on this.
A bunch of 1980s teen boy dreams were just smashed.

Because some Jeep truther will mention this, officially, Daisy's jeep was a CJ, not a Wrangler (which came out in 1986) but to most folks, the Wrangler is just a continuation of the CJ.

Oh.. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I considered a Wrangler, then maybe a Renegade, but practical got the best of me. I have keyboard and PA stuff to haul around from time to time.
101010 :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I love a good retro jeep but I'm too old and they ride too rough.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Roosters drive Camrys. :blackeye:

Ol' Wifehorn had the van towed away, and she's gonna buy another Camry.

This one we have now is a 2017 year model, and the voice control thingy was still just a little too primitive to be useful. It simply could not distinguish between the words "yes" and "no".

It would ask me, "Please answer yes or no." And I would very clearly say, "No".

Then it would say, "I didn't understand that. Please answer yes or no." :roll:

If you told it to "Call home" it would call someone who is a really interesting person, but it absolutely would not place a call from the car to my home, no matter how much I begged and screamed.

Maybe they've made some additional improvements since then. :boxing:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

My Mazda experience was with an RX7, aka The Batmobile. Solid, fun as heck to drive. Had to give it up when it was totaled in an accident, even though it was the only car to drive away. We were pancaked between two Fords - a 67 Mustang in front, a brand new Taurus behind.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:01 pm My Mazda experience was with an RX7, aka The Batmobile. Solid, fun as heck to drive. Had to give it up when it was totaled in an accident, even though it was the only car to drive away. We were pancaked between two Fords - a 67 Mustang in front, a brand new Taurus behind.
My buddy had an RX7 he used to autocross, great little car. He called it The Hamster due to the rotary engine :lol:. It was a lot of fun.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
somerset

Post by somerset »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:24 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:01 pm My Mazda experience was with an RX7, aka The Batmobile. Solid, fun as heck to drive. Had to give it up when it was totaled in an accident, even though it was the only car to drive away. We were pancaked between two Fords - a 67 Mustang in front, a brand new Taurus behind.
My buddy had an RX7 he used to autocross, great little car. He called it The Hamster due to the rotary engine :lol:. It was a lot of fun.
My very first car was an RX-3 (this is before the RX-7 came out). It too was totaled by a stupid 19 year old driver (me).
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:15 am I love a good retro jeep but I'm too old and they ride too rough.
My girlfriend in NC bought a brand new Jeep thing that looks like a pick up truck, drove it about 10,000 miles and got rid of it. It "looked cool" (so she said) but it was rough as shit. The hour I spent in it I will never get back.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Off Topic
I first saw the Miata in a magazine (maybe Car & Driver) a couple of years before it was released. I liked the style, and we bought one a couple of years later in 1992. It was a fun car for a couple of years (my wife was the primary driver), especially in the mountains of the PNW, but we sold it when my wife had our first child. I have since become much more boring: my wife drives a plug-in hybrid Volvo, and I drive a hybrid Toyota Highlander.
bob

Post by bob »

Normally this is around the time I'd gently suggest the thread has been hijacked.

But the fired Tuck isn't doing anything notable; there's no wheat to this chaff.
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I imagine Tuckums is busy in the background trying to whore himself out to the various channels, but no-one else is going to pay the 30 million a year that he feels he is worth. No-one will let a newbie at the channel lie their ass off. His talk of a big TV channel is hampered by people outside the bubble telling him that at his best he pulled far less than a shitty episode of Honey Boo Boo.

He is at best a minor cable star that is too expensive for what he is worth.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Valuetainment has a $100M five year offer on the table.
Megyn Kelly is joined by Patrick Bet-David, Founder and CEO of Valuetainment, to announce his $100 million offer to Tucker Carlson to join his Valuetainment content company, how Tucker is a unique talent and why Patrick believes in him, why the videos of Tucker didn’t scare him away, and more.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:37 pm I imagine Tuckums is busy in the background trying to whore himself out to the various channels, but no-one else is going to pay the 30 million a year that he feels he is worth. No-one will let a newbie at the channel lie their ass off. His talk of a big TV channel is hampered by people outside the bubble telling him that at his best he pulled far less than a shitty episode of Honey Boo Boo.

He is at best a minor cable star that is too expensive for what he is worth.
It is not too uncommon for the networks to not really pay the anchor directly. A big time star like Tucker will sometimes own the show and the network pays for the show, not the anchor. There are a lot of advantages for the anchor, lots of revenue streams to spin off etc... and the network arguably gets out of paying some of the production costs, although those costs are being paid and more, to the distribution company a star would set up.

This is a business model that appeals to guys like Tucker who is going to be bigger than whatever network he lands at. He might be big enough to explode some obscure website into the next Fox news, or he might fade out and be the next Glenn Beck, in which case he'd wish he just took a plain salary.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Tucker's first episode of his Twitter show (10 minutes) just dropped 20 minutes ago -- about a Ukrainian dam in Russian occupied territory. Of course, Tucker takes Russia's side.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

114.5k likes after an hour and 9 minutes. Not bad, but not the onrush of screaming fans that Mr Personality wants in order to sell himself for the big money.
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Gads, that was painful. I only made it 2/3rds through before I had to kill it.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:38 pm Gads, that was painful. I only made it 2/3rds through before I had to kill it.
You are stronger and braver than I. :lovestruck:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”