Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
Per Justice Dept: Judge sentenced Jan 6 defendant Chris Grider to 83 months prison. Feds said Grider waved mob thru, "found an electric utility box & pressed buttons as he yelled Turn the power off!” He then..was part of another group of rioters who pushed through a police line"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Jordan Fischer
@JordanOnRecord
Busy day tomorrow on the Jan. 6 beat:

9:30 - Oath Keepers pre-sentencing omnibus hearing.

10 a.m. - Robert Morss sentencing.

2 p.m. - Richard Barnett sentencing.
7:33 PM · May 23, 2023

Barnett - that's the Bigo dude in Pelosi's office, isn't it?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

🚨 SENTENCE: Former Army Ranger Robert Morss, of Pennsylvania, ordered to serve 66 months (5.5 years) in prison for assaulting and robbing police in the Lower West Terrace Tunnel on Jan. 6.

U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden told Robert Morss he was "completely out of control." He agreed w/ DOJ that it was especially troubling to see an Army Ranger in his military-issued body armor helping to organize the mob against police.
bob

Post by bob »

Kendra wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:27 amBarnett - that's the Bigo dude in Pelosi's office, isn't it?
Yes. Oh:
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Doesn't sound like it's going well for the defense.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:24 am
Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
Per Justice Dept: Judge sentenced Jan 6 defendant Chris Grider to 83 months prison. Feds said Grider waved mob thru, "found an electric utility box & pressed buttons as he yelled Turn the power off!” He then..was part of another group of rioters who pushed through a police line"
Typical tourist behavior.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

54 months. That is more than I thought he would get. Prosecutors asked for 7 years, he got 4.5 years.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
FLASH: Judge sentences Richard Bigo Barnett to 54 months in prison … in US Capitol riot case

Judge scorched Barnett for the testimony he gave at trial, including claiming to be “pushed into” Capitol on Jan 6. “You raised your right hand … with utter disrespect for the legal system”

Judge offers larger scale view of Jan 6 cases in his remarks. Saying Barnett didn’t mention the 5 people who died. And the 4 officers who’d die by suicide. Judge then leans in and criticizes “theories” that the deaths weren’t linked to Jan 6 attack

Judge says Barnett blames others. Deflects. Doesn’t acknowledge victims or threat to democracy

Judge: “You weren’t pushed in” on Jan 6 at Capitol

Barnett defense attorney makes extended argument to have judge recommend a particular prison in South Dakota for Barnett, citing the services (including dog training) and vocational offerings there

Judge interjects..
Urging lawyer not to recommend a prison based on “amenities”
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:brickwallsmall: I'll take the Club Fed that offers daily massages and has an indoor heated pool so I can go swimming 5 days a week, your honor. Thank you very much.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The prisons should have entrance exams so only the cream of the crop can get into the bestest lock ups.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:rotflmao:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The DOJ has started handing over evidence to DC Police Lt. Shane Lamond's attorney. That includes the forensic report on Enrique Tarrio's cell phone.
bob

Post by bob »

Only a matter of time before he goes Full Rittenhouse.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Fresh out of prison, former ‘Q Shaman’ Jacob Chansley releases a video quoting Jesus, Buddha and Gandhi: “I have no animosity or hated towards the US Govt. I have forgiven my captors and I pray for them, because that’s what Christ would do.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Feds announce another new Jan 6 case

They say Dan Wilson of Kentucky is a miltia member who messaged: "it’s been crossing my mind if we go to a Civil War do we try to take Washington DC first or do we try to take state capitals first" & "It is time for good men to do bad things”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ANOTHER JAN 6 CONVICTION

Judge found Jan 6 defendant Isaac Yoder guilty yesterday in bench trial

4 counts

Judge's order said Yoder did more than "simply go inside" Capitol, but gave speech to rioters while atop pile of broken furniture, was inside in colonial gear w/ sword
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Jessica Watkins-remorseful in court, not so much outside.

Gift link: https://wapo.st/3qg9ZqZ
Addressing the court in an orange jail suit, Watkins apologized for impeding police and Congress and for inspiring anyone to enter the Capitol, and said she was ashamed of contributing to the country’s political division. She maintained, as she testified at trial, that she was arming herself because she believed disinformation propagated widely by “Infowars” host Alex Jones and other far-right leaders that a Biden presidency would allow the United Nations and China to invade the United States.

“Violence is never the answer,” Watkins said. “My actions there were impermissible. … Today you’re going to hold this idiot responsible.”
Wait...there's more!
But Watkins maintained that she thought that the 2020 election result “needed a thorough audit to ensure reliability,” and prosecutors said she continued to blame police for the riot as recently as in a January call from jail.

Boohoo. The poor little police officers got a little PTSD. Wah,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Alexandra Hughes said Watkins was recorded saying, as well as, “The police are responsible for inciting January 6.”
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Well, he declared independence. Guess we have to let him go.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Bonus

Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

How surprised is anyone? :violin:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

What a shame.... where the link to donate my thoughts and prayers....???

Not really, I'm glad her grift got grifted, she shouldn't profit of her daughter's treason....

A curse upon thine traitor's house for all time, in the future I hope that we will speak her name with the same contempt we do of that of Benedict Arnold...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

By court order, Kevin Seefried must report to prison by Wednesday at 2pm

Seefried was convicted in Jan 6 case. He paraded the Confederate flag through US Capitol
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Former police chief Alan Hostetter wants to call Nancy Pelosi, Lindsay Graham, Jacob Chansley, Bigo Barnett, Jayden X, Stewart Rhodes, Enrique Tarrio, and
@donie
, for some reason. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .216.0.pdf
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

good luck with that.jpg
good luck with that.jpg (47.73 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”