Proud Boys

Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

Can't find any coverage of today's verdict on Fox website. John King on CNN just now said he'd seen some coverage of another news station (likely Fox) and they hadn't reported anything on air yet. Surprise.
Mighty Dawg
Verified:

Proud Boys

Post by Mighty Dawg »

Kendra wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:14 pm Can't find any coverage of today's verdict on Fox website. John King on CNN just now said he'd seen some coverage of another news station (likely Fox) and they hadn't reported anything on air yet. Surprise.
Nothing yet on FAUX News :confuzzled:
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Proud Boys

Post by northland10 »

Mighty Dawg wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:28 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:14 pm Can't find any coverage of today's verdict on Fox website. John King on CNN just now said he'd seen some coverage of another news station (likely Fox) and they hadn't reported anything on air yet. Surprise.
Nothing yet on FAUX News :confuzzled:
Finally showed up, but buried. While not at the top, it was up higher and earlier on NewsMax.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/proud-boys-l ... itol-jan-6
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

@JordanOnRecord
For veterans Zachary Rehl and Joseph Biggs, a Purple Heart recipient, conviction of seditious conspiracy may carry an additional penalty: loss of any earned military benefits.
realist

Proud Boys

Post by realist »

I saw this earlier:
A jury deliberated for seven days in Washington before finding Tarrio, 29, and other defendants guilty on 31 of 46 counts. The jury returned not guilty verdicts on four counts and continued deliberating on 11 remaining counts. The result was another decisive victory for the Justice Department in the latest of three seditious conspiracy trials held after what it called a historic act of domestic terrorism to prevent the peaceful transfer of power from Donald Trump to Joe Biden after the 2020 presidential election.”

Tarrio, dressed in blue suit and vest with red tie, gazed at his relatives in the courtroom gallery as the verdict was read. The other men fixed their eyes on the jury foreman.

“If the worst happens … we’re standing on principle,” Tarrio said in a jail call shared on social media after closing arguments on April 25, making his first extended public comments since his March 2022 indictment.

Tarrio did not testify at trial, but he contradicted his defense team’s argument to jurors that he was being made “a scapegoat for Donald Trump and those in power.” Instead, Tarrio embraced hard-line Trump backers’ claims that he was being used as “the next steppingstone” to “get to” Trump, who is running again for president. “They’re trying to get to the top and they’re trying to manipulate the 2024 election,” he said in the jail call.
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... NckZrNDDyA
Image X 4
Image X 32
RVInit

Proud Boys

Post by RVInit »

Hang on! McFarlane is reporting that apparently jury has been able to get a verdict on Pezzola seditious conspiracy. But they are still deadlocked on other counts.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

CNN reporting that as well. But, we don't know if a verdict is guilty or not guilty. :waiting:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Proud Boys

Post by Maybenaut »

Kendra wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:54 pm
@JordanOnRecord
For veterans Zachary Rehl and Joseph Biggs, a Purple Heart recipient, conviction of seditious conspiracy may carry an additional penalty: loss of any earned military benefits.
He’s right about that. The Congressional Research Service has a nice breakdown.

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IF/IF11762

I’m not sure which of the folks who were convicted of seditious conspiracy were legible for VA or DoD benefits, though.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RVInit

Proud Boys

Post by RVInit »

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: Pezzola not guilty of seditious conspiracy.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
somerset

Proud Boys

Post by somerset »

Gift article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/04/us/p ... =url-share

Four Proud Boys Convicted of Sedition in Key Jan. 6 Case

The last two paragraphs are worrisome:
Unlike the Oath Keepers, who were largely rendered defunct by the Justice Department’s Jan. 6 prosecution, the Proud Boys have by and large survived. While they have dismantled their national leadership, they remain, in words Mr. Bertino used from the stand, “foot soldiers for the right.” The group in recent years inserted themselves at the local level into conflicts over issues like coronavirus restrictions, the teaching of antiracism in schools and efforts to use threats and violence against drag shows.

Several members have also sought more traditional levers of power and run for public office. The most successful of these efforts took place in Miami, where a half-dozen current and former Proud Boys secured seats on the Miami-Dade Republican Executive Committee, seeking to influence local politics from the inside.
Jerry Mander

Proud Boys

Post by Jerry Mander »

Proud Boys lawyer Roger Poots has the sadz about today’s jury GUILTY verdicts :violin:
Roger Roots

Breaking: Jury came back with a partial verdict this morning. Mostly guilty on most counts. The jury was deadlocked on my client, Dominic Pezzola, on a few counts, including Counts 1 (seditious conspiracy) and 2 (conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding). The judge then sent the jury back to deliberate some more.

Now they just came back with a unanimous NOT GUILTY verdict for Pezzola on the seditious conspiracy count. This actually matters for Pezzola, because he is a Marine veteran and there is a federal statute that says anyone convicted of sedition or treason loses their veteran benefits for life (even after their prison time). (Biggs and Rehl--both veterans--both just lost their benefits BTW (at least until we overturn this crap on appeal)).

The verdicts are mostly disappointing, and we will all be working on the appeals for years. (Dominic was convicted of strong-arm robbery of a police shield, conspiracy to commit a civil disorder, damaging federal property, and other offenses.) All five defendants are incarcerated, and likely will be for a few more years, or at least until we win their appeals or Trump wins reelection and pardons them.

All 5 guys are wrongly convicted. (Dominic admitted he broke a window--a misdemeanor--which he took full responsibility for on the witness stand. The judge refused to let us put on an expert witness who would have said the window damage was under a thousand dollars (and thus not a felony.) Thus we have lots of appealable issues.
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

The highlights:

-This juror viewed evidence of deleted messages among Proud Boys leaders as highly significant
-Jury agreed quickly that seditious conspiracy was proven
-Juror viewed Pezzola as too dumb to be part of seditious conspiracy.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Proud Boys

Post by Foggy »

Oh man. I would rather be found guilty than dumb. :twisted:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Proud Boys

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:16 pm Oh man. I would rather be found guilty than dumb. :twisted:
I worked on an appellate case many years ago involving federal law that prohibits incitement to violence against the government (or something like that - it wasn’t quite sedition or seditious conspiracy, but something lesser).

Anyhoo. That was pretty much my argument - dude is too dumb to convince anyone to do anything. That was the implication anyway. I pointed to all the statements (stupid BS conspiracy theories about the government) and argued that no reasonable person would be incited to action [the not-out-loud part: Because this shit is so idiotic no one would believe it].

This was a long time ago, though. At the time I was like, how’d this guy ever get convicted? Now I think many more people than I would have thought possible would totally believe that shit and act on it. Maybe the jury in that case had a better handle on what your average dumbass would believe than I did.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

Foggy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:16 pm Oh man. I would rather be found guilty than dumb. :twisted:
That has to sting :biggrin:
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

@MacFarlaneNews
Sentencing dates in Proud Boys Jan 6 case:

Enrique Tarrio - August 30 at 10:00am

Ethan Nordean - August 30 at 2:00pm

Joe Biggs - August 31 at 10am

Zach Rehl on August 31 at 2:00pm

Domenic Pezzola on September 1 at 10:00am
Kendra

Proud Boys

Post by Kendra »

BREAKING: DC police officer Shane LAMOND has been charged with obstruction of Justice and false statements for leaking information to Proud Boys leader Enrique TARRIO
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Proud Boys

Post by raison de arizona »

Shane Lamond is not just an officer, he's a 24-year veteran of the D.C. police and then the department’s head of intelligence.

What a piece of crap! Throw the book at him! Then get more books to throw at him!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Proud Boys

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Proud Boys

Post by Flatpoint High »

Greatgrey wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:50 pm
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Proud Boys

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:groupdance: :mbounce: :dog:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Azastan
Verified:

Proud Boys

Post by Azastan »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo ... 2063&ei=42

So.

Could someone post a link to the actual document, since at least one person would like to read it in full, and can't due to the new EM policy?

Thanks.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Proud Boys

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “White Supremacists and Neo-Fascists”