trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-tos ... legal-fees
A New York judge has tossed out Donald Trump’s lawsuit against The New York Times, and ordered the former president to pay all attorneys fees, legal expenses, and associated costs.

Trump filed the lawsuit in 2021, alleging that the newspaper, three of its reporters and his niece Mary Trump engaged in an “insidious plot” to obtain his private records for a Pulitzer-winning story about his tax issues.

While the court tossed out Trump’s claims against the newspaper and its reporters, the claims against the ex-president’s niece have yet to be ruled upon.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:51 pm https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-tos ... legal-fees
A New York judge has tossed out Donald Trump’s lawsuit against The New York Times, and ordered the former president to pay all attorneys fees, legal expenses, and associated costs.

Trump filed the lawsuit in 2021, alleging that the newspaper, three of its reporters and his niece Mary Trump engaged in an “insidious plot” to obtain his private records for a Pulitzer-winning story about his tax issues.

While the court tossed out Trump’s claims against the newspaper and its reporters, the claims against the ex-president’s niece have yet to be ruled upon.
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... p-decision
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

https:// www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-bashes-v ... coronation
Former President Trump says it was "very disrespectful" for President Biden to reject the U.K.'s invitation to attend Charles III's coronation this week.

King Charles III is set to be crowned this weekend in a lavish ceremony, but Biden will remain in the U.S. The White House announced that Biden had declined the invitation to attend the May 6 coronation last month, citing that no sitting U.S. president has ever attended the coronation of a British monarch.

Nevertheless, Trump argued the move was a snub from Biden in an interview with British political commentator Nigel Farage.

"I don't think he can do it physically, actually. I think it's hard for him to do it physically," Trump said of Biden visiting the U.K. "Certainly, he should be here. He's our representative of our country. I was surprised when I heard that he wasn't coming."
I broke the Fox link, sometimes their videos autoplay here.
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

I wonder if the ketchup in Ireland comes in sturdier bottles
:biggrin:
Azastan
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Azastan »

Oh, that's a BURN:

"citing that no sitting U.S. president has ever attended the coronation of a British monarch."

So tfg goes to Ireland and Scotland hoping for a last minute invite because, after all, he's NOT THE SITTING PRESIDENT.

Doesn't it ever enter into his mind that the coronation is already a security nightmare without throwing a sitting president of the United States into the mix?*

*question is rhetorical
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

I know , rhetorical, but NO he doesn’t ever think about what his actions or what he wants will affect other people.
Volkonski
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Volkonski »

There are many countries in the world that have good relations with the USA. If a sitting president attended every inauguration and coronation they would do little else. That is what ambassadors, first spouses and vice presidents are for.

Hey Trump, did Queen Elizabeth attend your inauguration?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

When it comes to tfg, it's always lose-lose. Had Biden decided to attend, tfg would have been full of it being the first time a US President has ever attended one in history, he must be doing it because he is so weak. Or whatever. The reality is that Biden, and the Dems, can do no right. Heads I win, tails you lose.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

https://wapo.st/3p9EVIG
Most nights at 9 p.m., defendants in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol flicker the lights in their D.C. jail cells to signal to supporters outside that it’s time to sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” together. The recital has become a sacred ritual for a subset of Donald Trump’s movement devoted to heroizing the accused rioters.

The former president is now embracing their cause, lending his voice to a recording of the “J6 Prison Choir” and playing it to start the first rally of his 2024 presidential campaign. The song, “Justice for All,” features Trump reciting the Pledge of Allegiance mixed with a rendition of the national anthem.

“Our people love those people,” Trump went on to say at the rally, speaking of those who were jailed. “What’s happening in that prison, it’s a hellhole. ... These are people that shouldn’t have been there.”

The nightly singing inside the jail was captured in a video that Trump allies have shared online in the past two months. The D.C. Department of Corrections confirmed that the video was taken in one of the jail’s housing units. The agency is now investigating. Spokeswoman Sylvia Lane declined to elaborate on the nature of the probe but said that “any social media use or video-sharing platforms is prohibited” for detainees.

Using physical characteristics and interviews with family members, supporters and attorneys, The Washington Post identified five of the roughly 15 men who are featured in the video. Four of them were charged with assaulting police, using weapons such as a crowbar, sticks and chemical spray, including against Officer Brian D. Sicknick, who died the next day.
I gifted the link, in case anyone wants to hear it. I didn't bother.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

trump (the former guy)

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Kendra wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:12 pm https:// www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-bashes-v ... coronation
Former President Trump says it was "very disrespectful" for President Biden to reject the U.K.'s invitation to attend Charles III's coronation this week.

King Charles III is set to be crowned this weekend in a lavish ceremony, but Biden will remain in the U.S. The White House announced that Biden had declined the invitation to attend the May 6 coronation last month, citing that no sitting U.S. president has ever attended the coronation of a British monarch.

Nevertheless, Trump argued the move was a snub from Biden in an interview with British political commentator Nigel Farage.

"I don't think he can do it physically, actually. I think it's hard for him to do it physically," Trump said of Biden visiting the U.K. "Certainly, he should be here. He's our representative of our country. I was surprised when I heard that he wasn't coming."
I broke the Fox link, sometimes their videos autoplay here.
Critics of this practice are forgetting that this is rooted in the anti-monarchical roots of the US. We didn't fight the Revolutionary War because King George was a bad king and we wanted a better one. We were fighting to escape the idea of kings of any sort. We know this here in the enlightened halls of Fogbow, but the unwashed masses sort of forgot if they ever knew in the first place.

If Biden went, that's a tacit endorsement of the idea of monarchy. Even if Biden gets along well with the person of the king, he can't endorse the institution by being there.

This is just like how, at the Sydney and London Olympics, the only flag that wasn't dipped to honor the Queen as it passed by her seat was the US flag. HM was of course briefed on this, so there was no offense taken, but even that small gesture is important.
tek

trump (the former guy)

Post by tek »

Trump is just pissed he didn't get Biden's tickets.
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

tek wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:35 pm Trump is just pissed he didn't get Biden's tickets.
:yeahthat:
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

Critics of this practice are forgetting that this is rooted in the anti-monarchical roots of the US. We didn't fight the Revolutionary War because King George was a bad king and we wanted a better one. We were fighting to escape the idea of kings of any sort.
Nope, you're wrong there. We fought the war because King George wanted to take away Colonist's guns. Guns are why there is an America!
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dave from down under

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dave from down under »

I thought it was because King George was willing to honour treaties with natives that were getting in the way of the colonists…
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

trump (the former guy)

Post by Ben-Prime »

Volkonski wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:53 pm There are many countries in the world that have good relations with the USA. If a sitting president attended every inauguration and coronation they would do little else. That is what ambassadors, first spouses and vice presidents are for.

Hey Trump, did Queen Elizabeth attend your inauguration?
"She would have in 2021 for my second tour if the election hadn't been stolen." - or something
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Lani

trump (the former guy)

Post by Lani »

Jill Biden is attending the coronation.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
rossgw

trump (the former guy)

Post by rossgw »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:18 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:12 pm https:// www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-bashes-v ... coronation

This is just like how, at the Sydney and London Olympics, the only flag that wasn't dipped to honor the Queen as it passed by her seat was the US flag. HM was of course briefed on this, so there was no offense taken, but even that small gesture is important.
The Queen did not attend the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

trump (the former guy)

Post by northland10 »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:18 pm This is just like how, at the Sydney and London Olympics, the only flag that wasn't dipped to honor the Queen as it passed by her seat was the US flag. HM was of course briefed on this, so there was no offense taken, but even that small gesture is important.
Tradition at any Olympics is to dip the flag. The US doesn't do that at any Olympic games. It is about dipping the flag at all, not about HM.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

:confuzzled: When did Biden become Crooked? I thought that was reserved for Hillary. :think:
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

Kendra wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:27 am https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1654496571516395525

:confuzzled: When did Biden become Crooked? I thought that was reserved for Hillary. :think:
It was actually A Thing. He made an announcement and everything. April 27th.
Trump reveals new nickname for Joe Biden as he goes easy on Hillary Clinton

Former President Donald Trump announced Thursday he will scrap the “Crooked Hillary” nickname and apply the epithet to President Biden instead — an effort to recapture the zeitgeist of his successful 2016 campaign.

“I will be retiring the name ‘Crooked’ from Hillary Clinton,” Trump, 76, said at a New Hampshire rally. “I’m gonna give her a new name. I don’t know like maybe ‘Lovely Hillary’ or ‘Beautiful Hillary,’ but I’m going to retire the name ‘Crooked’ so that we can use the name for Joe Biden — because he’ll be known from now on as ‘Crooked Joe’ Biden.”

Trump told the Manchester crowd that Biden, 80, “cares only about enriching his own family” and “you wonder why he does nothing about China — why he doesn’t do what he’s supposed to be doing? Because he got millions of dollars from China.”
:snippity:
https://nypost.com/2023/04/27/trump-swa ... o-of-2016/
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

Thanks. Clearly I missed the Post reporting :bag:
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

Sounds nervous.
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

bob

trump (the former guy)

Post by bob »

Daily Mail: DOJ is 'investigating Trump's link with Saudi-backed LIV Golf tour' - as it's revealed a Mar-a-Lago employee is helping federal investigators probe if former president hid documents at Florida estate:
The Justice Department has subpoenaed the Trump Organization for documents relating to the Saudi-backed LIV golf tour, which Donald Trump hosted twice in 2022 and will again host in 2023.

Trump welcomed the tournament to his Bedminster, New Jersey course in July 2022. The tour returned to his properties in October 2022, with a competition at his Doral, Florida course.

The subpoenaing of the Trump Organization was reported on Thursday by The New York Times. It is not clear what the subpoena relates to, but the Times said it suggested investigators were looking into Trump's family business.

Trump said he had no problem with supporting the breakaway tour, telling the New York Times in October 2022 that Saudi officials are 'good people with unlimited money' and that the U.S. has 'human rights issues here as much as anybody.'

A month later, Trump's company agreed a deal with a Saudi real estate company that is planning a $4 billion project in Oman, including a Trump-branded hotel and golf course.
Image ImageImage

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”