Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: 🙄
Florida Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis: "If I'm Bob Iger, I'm working around the clock to try to figure out how to make amends with Ron DeSantis. Just light Bud Light should be working around the clock to go kiss Kid Rock's ass.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:48 pm https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1648 ... 06849?s=20
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: 🙄
Florida Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis: "If I'm Bob Iger, I'm working around the clock to try to figure out how to make amends with Ron DeSantis. Just light Bud Light should be working around the clock to go kiss Kid Rock's ass.
LOL. Totally see AB-Inbev working around the clock to kiss Kid Rock's ass. :roll: Maybe they might send one of their Clydesdales over to KICK him in his ass? :biggrin:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

Disney is there for the long haul; DeSantis is not.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

First tweet from Disney after conference ended.

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
humblescribe
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by humblescribe »

Disney invented audio animatronics in the 60s with replicas of Abraham Lincoln and other famous people. It was a Main Street attraction for a long time.

Disney should create an audio animatronic character of DeSantis. I am sure the writing talent in Burbank and Glendale could come up with some fine dialogue to come out of DeSantis' mouth. I think it would be a riot!
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

bill_g wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:18 am The Stupid in Flawduh gets stronger with each passing day. Now Rhonda is pissing off the police. That boy makes as much sense as a left handed hammer.

Florida DJI drone ban grounds $200m fleet and angers police and state officials

April 17 2023

A law, backed by Florida governor (and US Presidential hopeful) Ron DeSantis, banning the use of Chinese drones in Florida has gone into force, grounding millions of dollars worth of police and state-service-owned drones overnight.

Mexico is going to pay to replace them. :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

humblescribe wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:00 pm Disney invented audio animatronics in the 60s with replicas of Abraham Lincoln and other famous people. It was a Main Street attraction for a long time.

Disney should create an audio animatronic character of DeSantis. I am sure the writing talent in Burbank and Glendale could come up with some fine dialogue to come out of DeSantis' mouth. I think it would be a riot!
Hidden Content
Just ask anyone who ever put Mickey Mouse on anything without a license.

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Ron DeSantis

Post by poplove »

Gregg wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:26 pm
humblescribe wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:00 pm Disney invented audio animatronics in the 60s with replicas of Abraham Lincoln and other famous people. It was a Main Street attraction for a long time.

Hidden Content
Just ask anyone who ever put Mickey Mouse on anything without a license.
No jokes allowed, either.
Hidden Content
RVInit

Ron DeSantis

Post by RVInit »

DeSantis is an idiot. There is a reason Sea World built their complex fairly close to Disney. They both benefit tremendously from the fact that when people travel from all over the world, mostly on a once in a lifetime vacation, they want to take in as much as possible. Building another theme park close to Disney would only benefit Disney, as people tend to say, hey, as long as I'm here...

Disney didn't blink an eye when Sea World came to town, they were smart enough to know it would only be good for both of them.

Did I ever mention that many years ago I decided to dabble in opening a computer training center, it was in the early days of computers. Someone else opened a training center about 30 miles away. Instead of seeing each other as competitors, we got together and saw the benefit of each of us sending customers to the other either for classes one or the other didn't want to offer, or depending on where the potential clients were located. Guess which two training centers were busy as bees during the whole computer training fad (while it lasted) and which were the last two standing. Yup.

I'm not implying that I'm a particularly savvy business mind, but in that case I guess I accidentally had a good sense of it. But in the case of Disney, they ARE savvy. Every posting prior to mine were spot on with the points they were making. And the cherry on top is yes, Disney is here to stay, and will be here long after people are saying Ron who?
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Ron DeSantis

Post by northland10 »

With every DeSantis threat, Disney responds just like Dr. Lilith Sternen-Crane does here (the sputter):

101010 :towel:
much ado

Ron DeSantis

Post by much ado »

Yeah, I really liked Lilith on Cheers, such a great character. I was kind of astonished to learn years later that Bebe Neuwirth was famous as a dancer. Such a different persona.

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Ron DeSantis

Post by Luke »

I hate talking about RDS as much as the indicted, one-term disgraced loser. He's not a politician trying to govern, he's a nasty troll only interested in sh*tposting, revving up grievances, and focusing on meaningless "culture wars" when there are real problems to solve (and many should be bipartisan). Instead, he plays zero-sum games. It's unsustainable.

That's really interesting HS, I worked with the general counsel of Disney along with Eisner and Katzenberg in the 90's. No doubt about Disney's legal and protecting their interests. I've been involved in working with Disney since I was 18. I love the company and the magical things they do. I bet most Americans have that feeling. This little punk governor will be eaten alive. The Mouse has his ways.

Dark Mickey.jpg
Dark Mickey.jpg (5.1 KiB) Viewed 1092 times

Ron is a total idiot. He may think he's cute and clever, but when regular, non-alt-right people (including Independents) see this BS chyron from that clip above, they will freak out and vote hard against him. (and Democrats will make sure voters see it.) Disgusting to even think of building a prison next to where children are with their parents dumping tons into the Florida economy. How dare Ron. As was mentioned, Ron will be gone in the dust but Disney is forever. Even the indicted one-term disgraced guy knows -- do not fu*k with the Mouse.

Disney Prison.JPG
Disney Prison.JPG (36.34 KiB) Viewed 1092 times

Not even counting the parks --
Did you know that Disney+ reached 50 million users five months after its launch, which Netflix achieved for how many years? It is now the second leading subscription video-on-demand (SOVD) service, next to Netflix, with 100 million downloads. Disney+ is also estimated to have 209.16 million users in 2023, a massive increase of 44.97 million or 27.38% from last year. Let’s learn more about the Disney+ statistics — Disney Plus subscriber count, Disney demographics, Disney growth, and more.

Editors Picks:
Subscribers: Disney Plus reached 161.8 million subscribers worldwide in 2023.
Age: Most Disney subscribers worldwide are under the age of 18.
Growth: The Walt Disney Company initially estimated that the streaming platform would reach 60 to 90 million users by 2024. It was impressive that it took them less than two years to get over 100 million users.
US Viewers: Disney Plus has 122 million viewers in the US in 2023.
Market Share: In the fourth quarter of 2022, Disney+ generated a 15% market share in the subscription video-on-demand (SVOD).
https://www.bankmycell.com/blog/number- ... bscribers/

Tucker Carlson, by contrast, Fox News' #1 show, has about 3.5M viewers. That's a rounding error for Disney.

I need to check in with some of my Disney pals to see where they're headed. I suspect Iger is going to ignore it as long as possible. There's a lot they can do like not investing in the park which is billions in the Florida economy. But until they have to, I imagine they'll sit back and watch Ron implode. Truly a stupid fight to have. But Ron is so deep in his echo chamber and yes men he's lost his grip.

On the bright side, Democrats don't really have to do anything but sit back and watch. All these clowns with their meaningless grievances turn more and more voters off. Fort Lauderdale was flooded out but he was all over the US. (Talk about timing to get out of there, I feel so bad for my friends who are still actively dealing with it.)

Not only will RDS piss off most of America with his Disney (and other) antics. But golly, when you've lost the high princess of MAGAts, the immortal Mr. Turd, you are in deep water.

Catturd RDS.JPG
Catturd RDS.JPG (57.77 KiB) Viewed 1092 times

More about Catturd, aka Phillip Buchanan in Wewahitchka, Florida (of course) from Rolling Stone in February. https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... 234674671/

His Florida LLC is in OpenSecrets, it's Catturd LLC so there's no mystery. Here he is, kids, The Great and Powerful Oz. This is one of the key players in the GOP right now. It's so idiotic I really can't believe it. We're going to crush Mr. Turd and all these felons and pedos and grifters and liars and cheaters and haters and incompetents in 2024.

Catturd Photo.jpg
Catturd Photo.jpg (82.39 KiB) Viewed 1092 times

Al Goldstein was a NYC character who had a public access show called Midnight Blue. Often, he'd have a total rant he called the "Go Fu*k Yourself" segment. Here's Al going nuts about Trump -- in the mid 1980's. I should tweet this to Stormy, maybe she's never seen it and will laugh and laugh.

Warning: Adult language and content (not nudity).

RDS sucks and Mickey should give him (at least) the Al Goldstein treatment. Looks like Mickey is considering his options :P And Mickey says, "NADT".

how-to-kill-mickey-mouse.gif
how-to-kill-mickey-mouse.gif (98.37 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:59 am
More about Catturd, aka Phillip Buchanan in Wewahitchka, Florida (of course) from Rolling Stone in February. https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... 234674671/

His Florida LLC is in OpenSecrets, it's Catturd LLC so there's no mystery. Here he is, kids, The Great and Powerful Oz. This is one of the key players in the GOP right now. It's so idiotic I really can't believe it. We're going to crush Mr. Turd and all these felons and pedos and grifters and liars and cheaters and haters and incompetents in 2024.
I don't know why Rolling Stone doesn't give his name. He's made himself a public nuisance figure, and he's a tiny excuse for a man.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

Mickey Mouse strikes back
Disney struck a second secret agreement to mess up DeSantis’ power grab on the company, official says

Tom Porter
Thu, April 20, 2023 at 2:02 PM GMT+2
  • The board appointed by Ron DeSantis to oversee Disney said the company struck a secret agreement.
    A member of the board said Disney agreed a last-minute deal to set its own utilities rate.
    DeSantis has waged a campaign against Disney over its criticism of his "Don't Say Gay" bill.
The board appointed by Ron DeSantis to oversee Disney said the company struck a second secret deal to sidestep the Florida governor's bid to strip it of some of its privileges.

Chairman Martin Garcia said at a public meeting Thursday that a Disney subsidiary responsible for utilities in central Florida had struck an "11th hour deal" to set its own utilities rates until 2032, Reuters said.

The announcement comes amid an escalating feud between Florida's governor and the entertainment company, sparked by DeSantis' attempts to roll back LGBTQ education.

DeSantis has pushed to expand the scope of the Parental Rights in Education Act in the state, which has been referred to by critics as the "Don't Say Gay" bill. The rule change would ban lessons on sexual orientation and gender identity from grades 4-12.

Disney expressed opposition to the policy, and DeSantis responded by waging a campaign to strip Disney of some of the special legal status it has in Florida. He also put together a five-member state-appointed board to subject Disney to more oversight.

But Disney outmaneuvered DeSantis, striking a new deal for the land Disney World occupies back in March, shielding its status for the foreseeable future. According to the board chairman, it struck the utilities deal at the same time.

"Last Friday afternoon I learned for the first time about one of these new 11th hour agreements entered into between Disney and the district. This one relates to our utility services," Garcia said, reported Reuters. "We'll have to evaluate the legality of that agreement, that essentially enables Disney to set their utility rates."

"I've never heard of such a thing," Garcia added.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/disney-struc ... 18135.html
(original: INSIDER)
RTH10260

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

DeSantis megadonors revolt in private chat, saying if they wanted a MAGA candidate they 'would donate to Donald Trump', report says

Joshua Zitser
Wed, April 19, 2023 at 5:16 PM GMT+2
  • A group of wealthy Gov. Ron DeSantis donors criticized him in a private chat.
    Rolling Stone obtained screenshots of the group chat between the GOP megadonors.
    Earlier this week, a wealthy Florida donor publicly said he'd changed his mind about financially supporting DeSantis.
A group of wealthy Gov. Ron DeSantis donors raged together in a private chat about the Florida governor's presidential prospects.

This is the latest indication that the Florida governor's wealthy supporters are starting to revolt, with a GOP megadonor recently going public about no longer wanting to financially support his yet-to-be-announced campaign.

Rolling Stone gained access to screenshots of a group chat between several DeSantis donors, some of whom it said had given large sums to the governor.

The screenshots reveal them questioning the governor's chances of beating former President Donald Trump in a Republican primary.

The images were provided to Rolling Stone on the condition that the donors' identities, which were verified by the media outlet, remained anonymous.

A series of recent political missteps, including continuing with his out-of-state publicity tour while massive flooding took place in Fort Lauderdale, appear to have enraged these donors, Rolling Stone reported.

Responding to the Fort Lauderdale incident, the media outlet said that one donor wrote: "What the fuck is wrong with RD?"

Another donor asked who in the group could reach DeSantis the quickest to complain about it, Rolling Stone said.

Several other donors were also furious that the governor referred to Russia's invasion of Ukraine as a "territorial dispute," with one calling on DeSantis to walk back the comment, the news outlet reported.

DeSantis did later go back on the comment after receiving criticism from fellow Republicans.

According to a Rolling Stone source familiar with the communications, the donor who called for the walk-back wrote a livid response. The source said: "My understanding is that the message was: 'If we wanted a fucking MAGA candidate, we would donate to Donald Trump.'"

Other donors wrote that they wanted DeSantis to hit back harder at Trump, with one describing him as a "damn wimp," per Rolling Stone.

Four sources told the media outlet on the condition of anonymity that there is a growing sense of unease in DeSantis' megadonor base.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-meg ... 25146.html
(original: INSIDER)
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Ron DeSantis

Post by bill_g »

Adolf wept.
Volkonski
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Volkonski »

ronfilipkowski@bird.makeup
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦
@ronfilipkowski@bird.makeup
Sounds like a bullshit excuse to put this new World Tour boondoggle on the state’s dime.

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Volkonski »

The Mouse is roaring. ;)

Disney tells its lobbyists to step up fight against DeSantis and his allies in Florida

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/20/disney- ... phase.html
Disney is preparing to take its fight with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and his GOP allies in the state Legislature to the next level, according to people familiar with the matter.

With just weeks until Florida’s legislative session ends, Disney is pushing lobbyists to step up their efforts to influence the Republican-controlled state Legislature and to target land use-related bills that could hurt the company, among other measures, said the people, who declined to be named in order to speak freely about the issues.

A spokesman for Disney declined to comment on the lobbying effort.

The battle between the entertainment giant and DeSantis started last year after Disney opposed the Florida bill that critics named “Don’t Say Gay,” which forbids instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity in public schools for kindergarten through third grade.

Then, before DeSantis could strip the district where Disney is based of its self-governing status and replace the board that oversaw the area, a Disney-allied panel signed a long-lasting development agreement that drastically limits the governor’s control. DeSantis has said that state legislators are drafting legislation to nullify that agreement.

Republican officials and business leaders have increasingly criticized DeSantis’ salvos against the company. Former President Donald Trump and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie — two of the Florida governor’s potential 2024 rivals — and even former Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein have all pushed back on DeSantis for his battle with the company.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Flatpoint High »

Very desantis related: https://www.wxii12.com/article/north-ca ... y/43646939
The bill would create a study committee aimed at attracting The Walt Disney Company and its Florida theme park to the state.

Sponsors of the bill believe North Carolina offers a stable and prosperous environment for Disney to make a long-term investment in its future.

This bill is sponsored by three leaders of the North Carolina Senate Democratic Caucus:

Sen. Michael Garrett, Deputy Democratic Caucus Leader
Sen. Jay Chaudhuri, Senate Democratic Whip
Sen. Sydney Batch, Deputy Democratic Caucus Leader
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
RTH10260

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

One thing NC cannot offer is favourable weather conditions year long for outdoor activities. The occaisonal hurricane is preferrable to ice and snow.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

I've been to North Carolina several times, but I'm hardly an expert. There are places farther south and closer to the coast that might come close to their weather requirements, but I don't think they are interested in moving anywhere. And I really doubt, politicians aside, that many people in the state would welcome that kind of upheaval. I wouldn't.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

From what I've seen recently of NC politics, is this not a frying pan/fire situation?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Disney is not leaving Florida. It will still be there when your yet-to-be born grandchildren retire.
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:29 pm Disney is not leaving Florida. It will still be there when your yet-to-be born grandchildren retire.
:yeahthat:

Even when they have to build a seawall around it because it's 4 feet below sea level.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”