*"you" being the MAGAts, of course
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Republicans behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

Ousted Black lawmaker could soon return to Tennessee House

JONATHAN MATTISE
Mon, April 10, 2023 at 6:28 AM GMT+2
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — One of the two Black Democrats who were thrown out of the Tennessee House last week appeared likely to get his seat back Monday, just days after the GOP exacted retribution against the lawmakers who protested for more gun control.

Nashville's Metro Council could return Justin Jones to the Legislature immediately when it votes to fill the vacant position on an interim basis.

Jones and another Black lawmaker were expelled by the Republican supermajority for their role in a gun-control protest on the House floor in the aftermath of a deadly school shooting in Nashville.

The other expelled representative, Justin Pearson, could be reappointed Wednesday at a meeting of the Shelby County Commission in his district.

The expulsions on Thursday made Tennessee a new front in the battle for the future of American democracy and propelled the ousted lawmakers into the national spotlight.

Members of the Nashville council have said publicly that they want to send Jones back to the Capitol. The vote will happen as state lawmakers hold their first floor sessions since the expulsion votes.

Special elections for the seats will take place in the coming months. Jones and Pearson have said they want to be reappointed and plan to run in the special elections.

Republican House Speaker Cameron Sexton's spokesperson, Doug Kufner, indicated that whoever is appointed to the vacancies by the Nashville and Shelby County governments “will be seated as representatives as the constitution requires.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nashville-co ... 12272.html
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Justin Jones is back in.

:thumbsup:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Chilidog wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:03 pm Justin Jones is back in.

:thumbsup:
Shelby County meets WED, 3 men and 4 women on the committee are black, there are 13 members....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I'm guessing this is a state issue and the Feds can't do much about it but it seems like a bigger issue of disenfranchisement. Or something. If the supermajority wanted to make a point, couldn't they have censured them or whatever it is that's a wrist slap?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

The Republicans could have
But disproportionate abuse of power is who and what they have embraced
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

Can it be time for a Writ of Quo Warranto? We can dream... :daydreaming: :daydreaming:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I was so happy to see one of the two Justins back in the House. What a stupid, stupid thing for the Rs to do, just gave the two young men a national platform. I can't recall ever seeing a cable news show interrupted the panel to show a council meeting/vote live on air.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I hate each and every repuke
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

What a powerful photo. Reps. Gloria Johnson and Justin Jones enter the Tennessee State House together — essentially giving a middle finger to every House Republican there. And later this week, Justin Pearson will join them. Republicans are about to go through some things.
I truly believe it will be the younger generation that saves us. Vote. Vote. Vote.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Let's take a moment and thank Rep. Justin Jones for showing the entire nation what courage & bravery look like. Rep. Jones showed the entire nation the power of young people & how to respond to bullies. Rep. Jones is a hero & inspiration for all of us. Thank you.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

That's how I see it. :towel:
Never trust a llama with a knife and a sombrero.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Mike Huckabee says the conduct of the two expelled TN legislators is the same as J6 defendants: “They disrupted the flow of government business. That’s was the people on J6 were accused of - that’s what their big crime was.”
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

https://apnews.com/article/liz-harris-e ... 1175d38876
PHOENIX (AP) — The Arizona House of Representatives on Wednesday expelled a Republican lawmaker who organized a presentation making unsubstantiated accusations that a wide range of politicians, judges and public officials of both parties took bribes from a Mexican drug cartel.

Rep. Liz Harris, a prominent supporter of discredited election conspiracies, was kicked out of the Legislature in a bipartisan vote after the presentation by an Arizona insurance agent. The lawmaker’s ouster came a day after the House Ethics Committee determined Harris had engaged in “disorderly behavior” in violation of the chamber’s rules.

The committee’s report said Harris knew the person she invited to a legislative hearing in February would accuse her colleagues of criminal activity, that she took steps to hide it from House leaders ahead of time and then misled the committee investigating her actions.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:50 pm https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 1858682880
Mike Huckabee says the conduct of the two expelled TN legislators is the same as J6 defendants: “They disrupted the flow of government business. That’s was the people on J6 were accused of - that’s what their big crime was.”
I do not remember that any of the J6 visitors had been elected to participate in official business on Capitol Hill :confuzzled:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Joel Koskan, who ran for SD Senate, pleads guilty to 2 counts of felony incest

Annie Todd, Sioux Falls Argus Leader
Wed, April 12, 2023 at 4:23 PM GMT+2

PIERRE — Joel Koskan, who ran unsuccessfully for state Senate in 2022 and days before the election was arrested on charges relating to child abuse, pleaded guilty to two counts of felony incest Tuesday morning.

He was sentenced in a Hughes County court room to 10 years in the South Dakota State Penitentiary.

"This is the first part of the healing process," Judge Margo Northrup said during the hearing.

Koskan, 44, originally faced felony child abuse charges for acts that allegedly took place between October 2014 and October 2016, according to court documents filed in November. He exposed his victim, a now 20-year-old woman, to "sexual grooming behaviors."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joel-koskan- ... 25752.html
(original: Argus Leader)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Pedophiles etc etc
Sen. Mike Moon reiterates support for 12-year-old's right to marry in Missouri

Andrew Sullender, Springfield News-Leader
Wed, April 12, 2023 at 10:24 PM GMT+2

During debate Tuesday on a bill banning gender-affirming care for transgender minors, Missouri State Senator Mike Moon suggested children as young as 12 should have the right to marry with parental permission.

"Do you know any kids who have been married at age 12? I do. And guess what? They're still married," Moon said in response to questioning by Democratic state Representative Peter Meredith. A clip of the interaction has garnered attention on social media.

A southwest Missouri Republican from Ash Grove, Moon's support of child marriage in some instances has been long documented. In 2018 Missouri passed a law raising the marriage age in the state from 15 to 16 and requiring parental permission for older teenagers to marry. Moon opposed the bill at the time — citing the same anecdote of a couple he met in college who had married one another at age 12.

He said they were still happily married and acknowledged that while they provided an extreme example, they were "something to ponder."

Moon's support of the practice resurfaced during a committee hearing on a bill introduced by Moon that would ban gender-affirming care for transgender children. If passed the bill would ban health care providers from performing gender-affirming surgeries on any minor or from prescribing or administering cross-sex hormones or puberty-blocking drugs to a minor for a gender transition, unless such minor was receiving such treatment prior to August 28, 2023.

In debate on the bill, Rep. Meredith cited Moon's stance on child marriage as inconsistent with his aim of protecting children through his bill banning transgender care for minors.

"I've heard you talk about parents' rights to raise their kids how they want. In fact, I just double checked. You voted no on making it illegal for kids to be married to adults at the age of 12. If their parents consented to it, you said actually, that should be the law because it's the parents right and the kids right to decide what's best for them. To be raped by an adult," Meredith said.

In response Moon said that he knows someone married at 12 and "they are still married."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-mike-moo ... 08202.html
(original: Springfield News-Leader)
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:25 am Pedophiles etc etc
Sen. Mike Moon reiterates support for 12-year-old's right to marry in Missouri

Andrew Sullender, Springfield News-Leader
Wed, April 12, 2023 at 10:24 PM GMT+2

During debate Tuesday on a bill banning gender-affirming care for transgender minors, Missouri State Senator Mike Moon suggested children as young as 12 should have the right to marry with parental permission.

"Do you know any kids who have been married at age 12? I do. And guess what? They're still married," Moon said in response to questioning by Democratic state Representative Peter Meredith. A clip of the interaction has garnered attention on social media.

A southwest Missouri Republican from Ash Grove, Moon's support of child marriage in some instances has been long documented. In 2018 Missouri passed a law raising the marriage age in the state from 15 to 16 and requiring parental permission for older teenagers to marry. Moon opposed the bill at the time — citing the same anecdote of a couple he met in college who had married one another at age 12.

He said they were still happily married and acknowledged that while they provided an extreme example, they were "something to ponder."

Moon's support of the practice resurfaced during a committee hearing on a bill introduced by Moon that would ban gender-affirming care for transgender children. If passed the bill would ban health care providers from performing gender-affirming surgeries on any minor or from prescribing or administering cross-sex hormones or puberty-blocking drugs to a minor for a gender transition, unless such minor was receiving such treatment prior to August 28, 2023.

In debate on the bill, Rep. Meredith cited Moon's stance on child marriage as inconsistent with his aim of protecting children through his bill banning transgender care for minors.

"I've heard you talk about parents' rights to raise their kids how they want. In fact, I just double checked. You voted no on making it illegal for kids to be married to adults at the age of 12. If their parents consented to it, you said actually, that should be the law because it's the parents right and the kids right to decide what's best for them. To be raped by an adult," Meredith said.

In response Moon said that he knows someone married at 12 and "they are still married."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-mike-moo ... 08202.html
(original: Springfield News-Leader)
I'm curious as to the content on Moon's hard drive.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

There's a special place in hell just for Sen. Mike Moon.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

According to Jim Wright, a 12-year-old impregnated another 12-year-old and the parents arranged a shotgun wedding.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Kendra wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:50 pm

Mike fuckabee should just worry about helping his daughter get all the praise she deserves!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

BREAKING

Tennessee House Speaker
@CSexton25
secretly bought a 600K home in Nashville

He went to extensive efforts to shield the purchase from the public

It raises serious Qs about whether Sexton legally represents his district and whether he is misusing taxpayer funds

🧵
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

sad-cafe wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:58 pm
Kendra wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:50 pm https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 1858682880

Mike fuckabee should just worry about helping his daughter get all the praise she deserves!
My god, he has visibly aged 20 years in all of 2. (Is neon being mean again?)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Not mean this time neon.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hubby found this recording of the Tennessee Republican legislators in a closed meeting about the expulsion votes. Enjoy!

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”