AndyinPA

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Volkonski
Verified:

AndyinPA

Post by Volkonski »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

AndyinPA

Post by Kriselda Gray »

❤️❤️❤️❤️ :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

AndyinPA

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

❤️❤️❤️
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

AndyinPA

Post by Slim Cognito »

:crying: :bighug:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

AndyinPA

Post by poplove »

MsDaisy
Verified:

AndyinPA

Post by MsDaisy »

:( :( :( :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Thanks.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Happy Easter. Happy Passover.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

AndyinPA

Post by RVInit »

:bighug:
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
June bug

AndyinPA

Post by June bug »

Uninformed

AndyinPA

Post by Uninformed »

:( :bighug:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Fiascoist

AndyinPA

Post by Fiascoist »

:bighug:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

AndyinPA

Post by Maybenaut »

"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
AndyinPA
Verified:

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

I went in and hid things I should have hidden at the time. Sometimes I remembered to mention the edit; sometimes I didn't.

I hope to be done with this thread and to be back more regularly soon. But it has been a comfort to me and so have all of you.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

AndyinPA

Post by Slim Cognito »

Take your time. We'll wait with open arms.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

AndyinPA

Post by p0rtia »

Love you, Andy. :heart:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

AndyinPA

Post by Foggy »

❤️
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

AndyinPA

Post by bill_g »

Totally understand. You're doing well. We're here.
Phoenix520
Verified:

AndyinPA

Post by Phoenix520 »

Good morning. :bighug:
jemcanada2

AndyinPA

Post by jemcanada2 »

:bighug: :bighug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Thanks.

I'm sure anyone who has been through this with a spouse before has an idea of how much there is to do. It's overwhelming. I've done this for my parents, but this is many magnitudes worse. I talked to a friend today whose husband died ten months ago, and she's still dealing with it. Her husband was also a hoarder, so she understands that well. I don't know where to start. He had ten vehicles, most of which will be sold for scrap, but all of it was in his name only, and in Pennsylvania, it's a major task, and an expensive one.

In the hospital, I could put one foot in front of me and take it day by day. Now, I feel like everything is one step back.
Phoenix520
Verified:

AndyinPA

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’ll be following this part of your journey, should you care to post about it. The Mr also has excess vehicles, only one newer than 1975. He has duplicates of every tool known to mankind, some of which he inherited from his grandpa, a metal fabricator ( they made midget race cars). And hordes other things.

Can you donate any of the vehicles to MPR? There are charities who don’t care about the condition of your donation.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

AndyinPA

Post by neonzx »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:52 pm Can you donate any of the vehicles to MPR? There are charities who don’t care about the condition of your donation.
I thought the same thing. Andy is the heir to everything so even if the titles were only in the spouses name, should be easy. But, Pennsylvania, so maybe more complicated.
p0rtia

AndyinPA

Post by p0rtia »

I am loathe to give advice, not least because you are probably well aware of this, but for what it's worth, when the tasks are endless and unpleasant, I try to never think about the number and difficulty of the things left to do, but rather set a number of hours per day I will work on it.

That seems to bring a bit of relief and sense of progress/completion at the end of the day when I've put in my hours.

With love and well meant.

:heart:
AndyinPA
Verified:

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Yeah, I'm trying to get my act together, but I'm giving myself the grace to take some time. I did just come in from sorting out stuff in the garage. Probably have at least half a dozen big contractor bags, plus stuff that can't be bagged.

Even the people at AAA thought that the requirement I found out about yesterday has got to be the stupidest law on the books. My children have to sign off that they will never contest the change of ownership from him to me. Each car takes a death certificate or a form from each child to take to the funeral home (glad I only have two). We will do the forms from the funeral home director rather than ten death certificates at $20 each. Everything has to be done separately, at a cost of over $100 each.

And I'm playing phone tag with the estate attorney.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

AndyinPA

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:25 pm Yeah, I'm trying to get my act together, but I'm giving myself the grace to take some time. I did just come in from sorting out stuff in the garage. Probably have at least half a dozen big contractor bags, plus stuff that can't be bagged.

Even the people at AAA thought that the requirement I found out about yesterday has got to be the stupidest law on the books. My children have to sign off that they will never contest the change of ownership from him to me. Each car takes a death certificate or a form from each child to take to the funeral home (glad I only have two). We will do the forms from the funeral home director rather than ten death certificates at $20 each. Everything has to be done separately, at a cost of over $100 each.

And I'm playing phone tag with the estate attorney.
I am sorry you have to jump through hoops like this. What a pain. :roll: :oldman:
Stay Strong!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”