trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

:confuzzled:

About this speech at MAL after the arraignment, does that work with the time frame to get out of the courthouse, to the airport, flight time to Palm Beach airport and then get into the building and set it all up? I am a West Coast girl, so not familiar with the traffic/time constraints involved, so would like someone to spitball this with me.
Volkonski
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Volkonski »

Flight time from NYC to Palm Beach is about 2 hours 45 minutes. W Palm Beach Airport is about a 15 minute drive from Mar a Lago. If Trump takes a helicopter from Manhattan to where his private plane is near New York the whole trip might take as little as 4 hours.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

trump (the former guy)

Post by neonzx »

Is he remanded into custody yet? I am not impressed. Nice theatrics but no reality. There are still better shows on Netflix.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

Greatgrey wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:50 am Oh I hope there’s a gag order imposed Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/stat ... 0119761920
Andrew Feinberg @AndrewFeinberg
JUST IN: ⁦Donald Trump⁩’s campaign says he will speak at Mar-a-Lago after he’s arraigned in New York on Tuesday

4:41 PM · Apr 2, 2023
Who promised he would be back for dinner and sleeping in his own bed at MaL :think:
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

Volkonski wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:18 pm Flight time from NYC to Palm Beach is about 2 hours 45 minutes. W Palm Beach Airport is about a 15 minute drive from Mar a Lago. If Trump takes a helicopter from Manhattan to where his private plane is near New York the whole trip might take as little as 4 hours.
TY.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

trump (the former guy)

Post by northland10 »

Greatgrey wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:50 am Oh I hope there’s a gag order imposed Tuesday.

So would a competent attorney.

Jesus was brought before Pilate, and then he had a press conference. Send money.
101010 :towel:
MN-Skeptic

trump (the former guy)

Post by MN-Skeptic »

After a very, long stressful day, Trump will be in fine form once he gets back to Mar-a-Lago. A perfect time for an incoherent, rambling speech about what a victim he is.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Patagoniagirl

trump (the former guy)

Post by Patagoniagirl »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:14 pm After a very, long stressful day, Trump will be in fine form once he gets back to Mar-a-Lago. A perfect time for an incoherent, rambling speech about what a victim he is.
I'm soooo excited for him!
neeneko

trump (the former guy)

Post by neeneko »

I am guessing there is zero chance the judge will deny bail.....
p0rtia

trump (the former guy)

Post by p0rtia »

neeneko wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:29 pm I am guessing there is zero chance the judge will deny bail.....
Not sure they have bail for non-violent crimes in NY currently. It's our big issue. I'm not up on the latest iteration (except that Hokul has been fighting with the legislature about it, potentially delaying the passing of the state budget).
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

trump (the former guy)

Post by Slarti the White »

Is there no bail or automatic RoR? Is the judge allowed to set conditions? Like not trying to poison the jury pool or incite violence? And where does the judge's discretion start when Trump, inevitably, crosses any lines regarding his public behavior pre-trial? I just can't see him listening to any lawyer who is willing to tell him that he needs to shut up (or him being able to do that for more than 7.3625 nanoseconds).
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

Slarti the White wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:36 pm Is there no bail or automatic RoR? Is the judge allowed to set conditions? Like not trying to poison the jury pool or incite violence? And where does the judge's discretion start when Trump, inevitably, crosses any lines regarding his public behavior pre-trial? I just can't see him listening to any lawyer who is willing to tell him that he needs to shut up (or him being able to do that for more than 7.3625 nanoseconds).
I don't think he can remain silent for even one Planck Time (https://www.bing.com/search?q=planck+ti ... A1&PC=U531), let alone 7.3525 nanoseconds.

And I am absolutely sure that he would violate any gag order by the judge, even though he has so many surrogates who would be more than happy to spew his venom for him.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

New York’s bail law currently eliminates money bail for most misdemeanors and nonviolent felonies. Those accused of these crimes are either freed without restrictions while their case plays out, or released under certain conditions like electronic monitoring.
https://www.nyclu.org/en/campaigns/facts-bail-reform
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:14 pm After a very, long stressful day, Trump will be in fine form once he gets back to Mar-a-Lago. A perfect time for an incoherent, rambling speech about what a victim he is.
It'll be the same whine he's posted frequently since the election, possibly with some older hits like "but her emails."
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

trump (the former guy)

Post by Slarti the White »

Thanks RDA! That sounds like it means that the judge can impose conditions on, for instance, his speech (although obviously not speech through surrogates -- if he was able to shut up and let others talk for him).

noblepa,

Of course he can remain silent for many times the Planck time -- think of the travel time of nerve impulses between his ass and his mouth...
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

trump (the former guy)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

northland10 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:09 pm
Jesus was brought before Pilate, and then he had a press conference. Send money.
You sound a might bit peckish cynical. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Dave from down under

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dave from down under »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:44 pm
New York’s bail law currently eliminates money bail for most misdemeanors and nonviolent felonies. Those accused of these crimes are either freed without restrictions while their case plays out, or released under certain conditions like electronic monitoring.
https://www.nyclu.org/en/campaigns/facts-bail-reform
Can we make a request for electronic monitoring?

An ankle monitor would be just.

:pray:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

trump (the former guy)

Post by northland10 »

I suspect the judge will determine that he already has a tracking system called the Secret Service so an extra ankle monitor is not necessary. They do have a bit of control over a protected (like not letting them drive on public roads) so I suspect going on the lam might be a bit tricky for him.

Too also, absconding would interfere with him getting the adoration of his worshipers. This is probably a stronger incentive than any sort of bail or electronic monitoring.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

so I suspect going on the lam might be a bit tricky for him.
Maybe he can't jump in a '76 Trans Am and head for the border, but he's only about 200 miles from Havana and he has a private jet. :bag:

Cuba is actually perfect, long history of being nice to mobsters (I know, different government but Fidel is gone), nice climate, no extradition and a direct phone land line to Moscow.

But seriously, if he had a good advisor like me, he'd try to "nope" out of the self surrender deal, and take DeSantis up on his "Florida says you can't have no Cheese Emperor, COME AND TAKE HIM!".

It is a total lose lose for DeSantis. If he let's them extridite him, the Flying Moron Monkey Mob goes knucking Phuts and Meatball is officially done, if he ever wants to be the assistant guy who cleans up dog poop in the park he'll have to run as a Democrat. If he really does deploy the Florida National Guard around Mar A Griftco, he's also done, because that might get him in more trouble with the Feds than he ever wants. After Destantis bursts into flames one way or the other, Trump goes to NYC quietly, says "I was only joking, I just had to delay a day because I didn't have anything to wear to get my mugshot".

Cheetolini for the win, no matter what. And he'll be standing in the ashes that used to be the GOP.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

Trump issues a plea for cash tonight to fight his indictment: “If you’re doing well because all the things I’ve done have brought you wealth and prosperity .. it would be really great if you can contribute .. Show the Left that nothing can destroy the greatest political movement”
Who else is :daydreaming: :daydreaming: :daydreaming: for a gag order on Tuesday :pray:
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

Hey
@KatiePhang
! Watching you on MSNBC as you bring up the fact that weisselberg’s new lawyer is also being paid by trump. I also want to point out that his new lawyer is a racketeering expert who previously ran the rackets bureau at the Manhattan DA’s office :)
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I don't understand. If this guy is so rich and successful why is he asking all of his relatively poor supporters to pay his legal bills?
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

trump (the former guy)

Post by Frater I*I »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:59 pm I don't understand. If this guy is so rich and successful why is he asking all of his relatively poor supporters to pay his legal bills?
Because the grift must flow....

Kinda like the spice in Dune....sept different....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Azastan
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Azastan »

Kendra wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:59 pm
OK, so how many here know about male swans? There's a lot of tacky at MAL, but that's over the top tacky and gross.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”