Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:22 pm https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 5678531585
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦@RonFilipkowski

Of course, if he gets indicted he will say it was corrupt and all rigged one second later.

2:20 PM · Mar 29, 2023
He posts as if he had the transcripts of the hearings in his hands :brickwallsmall:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Slim Cognito »

Like he knows what the word preponderance means.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

Is that petulant kid look supposed to be flattering?
Dr. Ken

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

:confuzzled: does he even have a right to intervene? the denial of executive privilege needs to be raised by the witness, not? Or, of course, the sitting president.
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:55 am :confuzzled: does he even have a right to intervene? the denial of executive privilege needs to be raised by the witness, not? Or, of course, the sitting president.
FFS, this exact point was settled law in 19741 and Trump has lost this exact point AT LEAST 4 times. "Will no one rid me the vexatious litigator?

1] US v. Nixon, 418 U.S. 683 (1974)
The Court held that neither the doctrine of separation of powers, nor the generalized need for confidentiality of high-level communications, without more, can sustain an absolute, unqualified, presidential privilege. The Court granted that there was a limited executive privilege in areas of military or diplomatic affairs, but gave preference to "the fundamental demands of due process of law in the fair administration of justice." Therefore, the president must obey the subpoena and produce the tapes and documents. Nixon resigned shortly after the release of the tapes.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dave from down under

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dave from down under »

But Nixon wasn’t God-Emperor of ‘merica!
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

David Pakman comments on the recent interview the former guy had with Hannity

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

trump (the former guy)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Gregg: FFS, this exact point was settled law in 19741 and Trump has lost this exact point AT LEAST 4 times. "Will no one rid me the vexatious litigator?
Roe v. Wade was settled law too, also.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:12 am
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:55 am :confuzzled: does he even have a right to intervene? the denial of executive privilege needs to be raised by the witness, not? Or, of course, the sitting president.
FFS, this exact point was settled law in 19741 and Trump has lost this exact point AT LEAST 4 times. "Will no one rid me the vexatious litigator?

1] US v. Nixon, 418 U.S. 683 (1974)
The Court held that neither the doctrine of separation of powers, nor the generalized need for confidentiality of high-level communications, without more, can sustain an absolute, unqualified, presidential privilege. The Court granted that there was a limited executive privilege in areas of military or diplomatic affairs, but gave preference to "the fundamental demands of due process of law in the fair administration of justice." Therefore, the president must obey the subpoena and produce the tapes and documents. Nixon resigned shortly after the release of the tapes.
I thought that it was well-settled law that Executive Privilege rests ONLY with the sitting President, not former holders of that office.

Even if the witness is claiming EP from testifying against/about a sitting president, I don't think that the witness can claim it if the sitting prez does not. IOW, a witness can only refer to a pre-existing claim of privilege made by the sitting prez. He can not raise the issue of EP himself.

If TFG were still the sitting prez, I believe that he would have standing to file a request with a grand jury, claiming EP for one of his associates who has been called to testify. As a former POTUS, I do not believe that he has standing to make such a request.
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

No, the courts have ruled that an ex President MIGHT have input on privilege.

But Executive Privilege is not in the Constitution or even in any written law. It is a custom, and exists only because it's an inherently good idea.

But even if he was the current President, it is settled law that a criminal court is entitled to the best evidence in a given case, even if that information is being withheld under a claim of Executive Privilege.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:00 pm Is that petulant kid look supposed to be flattering?
That’s his badass, resolute look. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
much ado

trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:28 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:00 pm Is that petulant kid look supposed to be flattering?
He's trying to look like this, and failing miserably:

This is the famous portrait of Churchill by Karsh.
The Roaring Lion is a black and white photographic portrait of a 67-year-old Winston Churchill as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. The portrait was taken in 1941 by Armenian-Canadian photographer Yousuf Karsh in the Centre Block on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Roaring_Lion
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

;) I knew I’d seen it somewhere before.
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Former confidantes and associates of former president Donald Trump say the bluster and bravado he's exhibited in the face of possible indictments from four separate grand juries is hiding an inability to process what being a criminal defendant means.
:snippity:
One person who spoke with The Independent about the ex-president’s mindset — a former associate who enjoyed a close relationship with the Trump family for years but who asked not to be named because of Mr Trump’s tendency to lash out and send his followers after his critics — said it will be nigh-impossible for the former president to abide by even the most lenient conditions because he doesn’t understand the law like normal people.

The former Trump family confidante said Mr Trump’s moral compass is so non-existent that he can’t fathom how and why a judge would be able to tell him what to do, what he can and can’t say, or where he can go.

Add to that the ex-president’s contempt for the very idea that he would be held to account by prosecutors in the first place, and you get a high probability that Mr Trump ends up on the wrong side of a gag order — or worse.
:snippity:
Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

much ado wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:34 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:28 pm
He's trying to look like this, and failing miserably:

Ya I've said before he was been trying to look like that in his official photo.

What he does not get is that that photo is iconic because it was Churchill, not because Churchill was making an iconic look. Trump imitating it looks like a loser with a bad combover having constipation.

Spoiler for those sick of looking at him
► Show Spoiler
Hic sunt dracones
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

trump (the former guy)

Post by Slarti the White »

That, of course, is in addition to the problem that what he says in one case under oath can be used in another case too. also. I've always thought that the way to get Trump was to pin him down on the record trying to avoid culpability for multiple crimes. He might be able to come up with stories that excuse his actions for each offense, but not all of them simultaneously.
humblescribe
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by humblescribe »

Indicted by New York's DA.

Just broke on CNN
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Dave from down under

trump (the former guy)

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:51 pm
Kendra wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:22 pm https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 5678531585
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦@RonFilipkowski

Of course, if he gets indicted he will say it was corrupt and all rigged one second later.

2:20 PM · Mar 29, 2023
He posts as if he had the transcripts of the hearings in his hands :brickwallsmall:
with the news that they voted there was evidence to indict I cannot
Wait for his follow up post :rotflmao:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:38 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:51 pm
with the news that they voted there was evidence to indict I cannot
Wait for his follow up post :rotflmao:
I. Can't. Wait. He's going to have a full-on meltdown today.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

Guess thats why the grand jury took a month off
Hic sunt dracones
W. Kevin Vicklund

trump (the former guy)

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

:bar:

And I have no meetings tomorrow! :towel:
Dave from down under

trump (the former guy)

Suranis wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:58 pm Guess thats why the grand jury took a month off
Everyone deserves a month holiday for doing good work. :)
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

trump (the former guy)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

OIP (15).jpeg
OIP (15).jpeg (41.24 KiB) Viewed 293 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

insictment.jpg
insictment.jpg (45.75 KiB) Viewed 276 times
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”