Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Kendra wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:53 am
Right. This is for Florida. Like all the other trips.
:?: Are Florida taxpayers paying for all of this travel?
I wonder if he'll learn anything at the Museum of Tolerance? Probably not... it seems to me he got his vaccine against compassion...
Phoenix520
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Phoenix520 »

I think it’s worse than that, Kris. I don’t think he had any compassion to begin with.

I don’t know what happened to them. Christians used to be compassionate people. I don’t hear it so much any more, not sincere compassion. Many of them now claim Libs are faking theirs…more projection.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

If there is a God, I hope she'll set the SoB on fire when he dares cross the threshold of the Museum of Tolerance.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:23 pm If there is a God, I hope she'll set the SoB on fire when he dares cross the threshold of the Museum of Tolerance.
And if there is not a God, maybe some one could get one of Elmo's flamethrowers. :thumbsup:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Ron DeSantis

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:41 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:23 pm If there is a God, I hope she'll set the SoB on fire when he dares cross the threshold of the Museum of Tolerance.
And if there is not a God, maybe some one could get one of Elmo's flamethrowers. :thumbsup:
Too quick for my taste...Molotov cocktail....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:45 pm I think it’s worse than that, Kris. I don’t think he had any compassion to begin with.
Yeah, given what was written bout his time at Gitmo, I think you're probably right...
I don’t know what happened to them. Christians used to be compassionate people. I don’t hear it so much any more, not sincere compassion. Many of them now claim Libs are faking theirs…more projection.
Too true. I don't know where so many of today's Christians are getting there ideas from, but it sure ain't Christ. It was the lack of compassion when I was struggling with a personal crisis and a crisis of faith that started me on walking away from the church, (though there were a number of issues by the end) and I've only seen Christians in general (though by no means all of them) become even less compassionate from there.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Ron DeSantis

Post by northland10 »

There are many Christians out there who are trying hard to be compassionate and live the message of the Gospel. They do not, however, spend the time on Twitter and such getting likes for screaming about how their religion is being taken away. They don't have time for that as they are too busy feeding the hungry, housing the homeless, helping immigrants, etc. They don't get press attention for that because the press finds it boring.

The media amplifies the biggest yellers, not the biggest doers.
101010 :towel:
Azastan
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Azastan »

northland10 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:53 pm There are many Christians out there who are trying hard to be compassionate and live the message of the Gospel. They do not, however, spend the time on Twitter and such getting likes for screaming about how their religion is being taken away. They don't have time for that as they are too busy feeding the hungry, housing the homeless, helping immigrants, etc. They don't get press attention for that because the press finds it boring.

The media amplifies the biggest yellers, not the biggest doers.

Unfortunately, though, those are the people heard and seen. Those are the people who wind up turning people away from religion.

Doesn't matter how kind and compassionate other people might be, it's the 'christians' who want to shut down Planned Parenthood clinics, who want to not have their children study real history or art.

We all know too many of those people and DeSantis, no matter what his name means, is one of those hypocritical people.
Jim

Ron DeSantis

Post by Jim »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Power play: Disney handicapped new Reedy Creek board before handing over control
In their final days of controlling the Reedy Creek improvement district’s board, Disney executives and attorneys found a way to poison the authority of the incoming members appointed by Gov. Ron DeSantis and effectively oversee the area’s development.

On Feb. 8, 2023, as the Florida House was passing legislation to give DeSantis his new power, Reedy Creek’s board members signed a development agreement with the company that allowed Disney maximum developmental power over its territory.

According to the new board members, who are now known as the Central Florida Tourism Oversight board, and their attorneys, Disney is allowed the maximum possible density and building heights inside Walt Disney World. Other property owners will need Disney’s permission to expand within the district, and they and Reedy Creek leaders will need to seek Disney’s approval if they made any aesthetic changes to their properties within the district.

The district is also not allowed to permit advertisements of any companies that compete with ones that operate within Reedy Creek, board members said.

“We lose control over everything other than to maintain the roads and maintain the infrastructure,” one board member said.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

Who could have seen that coming? But...but...go woke go broke!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Ron DeSantis

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Zippity-do-dah!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

:rotflmao:

Enjoy infrastructure week - revolving :lol:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

Civil rights? Forbidden.
Civil rights lecture at Florida college canceled due to student's 'discomfort'

On March 9, at the Cocoa campus of Eastern Florida State College, the students in a U.S. Government class ended up having a free period. That’s because one of the students said that they were uncomfortable in the day’s lesson on civil rights.

A dual student at the college and Cocoa High School, 15-year-old Jacob Dailey was in the class. He walked in that day just as the professor was telling students that he’d have to cancel class.

The topic was civil rights, no specific bit of it, just in general. As far as I’m aware,” Dailey said. “So the teacher basically had to cancel this class of about 20 students in total because of the student’s discomfort.”
:snippity:
https://www.wesh.com/article/civil-righ ... a/43403119#
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Why not just tell the student he was excused for the day as was anyone else who was uncomfortable, agree not to count it as an absence against their grade (if his class has such a policy) and then present the lecture to the remaining students? That would be much more sensible...
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:27 pm Why not just tell the student he was excused for the day as was anyone else who was uncomfortable, agree not to count it as an absence against their grade (if his class has such a policy) and then present the lecture to the remaining students? That would be much more sensible...
Because the law was passed so that no little snowflake could be made uncomfortable, screw the other 20 people.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sounds like any student who wants to get out of class just has to complain that the teacher's lesson makes them "uncomfortable."
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
bob

Ron DeSantis

Post by bob »

On Feb. 8, 2023, as the Florida House was passing legislation to give DeSantis his new power, Reedy Creek’s board members signed a development agreement with the company that allowed Disney maximum developmental power over its territory.
This particular bit is making the rounds:
Image ImageImage
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

bob wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:05 pm This particular bit is making the rounds:
I'm thinking it lasts even longer than just those in the picture. The agreement says "until 21 years after the death of the last survivor of the descendents of King Charles III, it's not limited to just his immediate descendents. So I'm thinking they're saying it good until the very last of his greatn-grand children has passed
Azastan
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Azastan »

"Living as of the date of this declaration".
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Azastan wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:39 pm "Living as of the date of this declaration".
I took that to mean Charles himself is living now... I was thinking that they were trying to get a length of time that would be close to perpetuity. Oh well...
Azastan
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Azastan »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:57 pm
Azastan wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:39 pm "Living as of the date of this declaration".
I took that to mean Charles himself is living now... I was thinking that they were trying to get a length of time that would be close to perpetuity. Oh well...

It's likely to be at least 70 or 80 years from now. Could potentially be longer, especially if there are more little Waleses or Sussexes produced.
qbawl

Ron DeSantis

Post by qbawl »

I read it to mean 21 years after the death of the last living child of William or Harry that are already born. The youngest of which is now about 2. Any children born after the agreement are not considered.
Dave from down under

Ron DeSantis

Post by Dave from down under »

So much fun in that it foils Fascist DeSantis desires with the offspring of His Royal Highness King Charles III :boxing: :oldman:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Phoenix520 »

Was it trl who ran screaming from the room last time the ‘Rule Against Perpetuities” was mentioned around here? :lol:

Law school angst or summat*.

* summat= mush mouth for something like that
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

qbawl wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:14 pm I read it to mean 21 years after the death of the last living child of William or Harry that are already born. The youngest of which is now about 2. Any children born after the agreement are not considered.

I'd note that people in this family have a strange ability to live nearly 100 years, not even factoring in any advances in medicine the next 100 years might bring.

Ron better pack a lunch. This might be a long time.
So much fun in that it foils Fascist DeSantis desires with the offspring of His Royal Highness King Charles III
Minutia nit pick: The King is not "His Royal Highness", The Monarch is styled "His Majesty".

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”