Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Prominent People Who Are Injured or Ill

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Joe Biden was the first sitting Senator to endorse Jimmy Carter in 1976 and Carter lived to see Biden become President 44 years later
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Im already getting verklempt about President Carter. Part of what’s upsetting me is thinking about how badly he’ll be disrespected by the shit gibbon caucus.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:45 am Im already getting verklempt about President Carter. Part of what’s upsetting me is thinking about how badly he’ll be disrespected by the shit gibbon caucus.
Yes but Biden, Obama and probably even GW Bush will act with class and respect.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Volkonski wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:09 am
Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:45 am Im already getting verklempt about President Carter. Part of what’s upsetting me is thinking about how badly he’ll be disrespected by the shit gibbon caucus.
Yes but Biden, Obama and probably even GW Bush will act with class and respect.
Along with most of the Georgia elected officials.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Most. Maybe all but one?

Given who he is, he probably will not keep tfg out.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Leave well wishes for President Carter here:

https://cartercenter.kudoboard.com/boards/wellwishes
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

RVInit wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:56 pm Leave well wishes for President Carter here:

https://cartercenter.kudoboard.com/boards/wellwishes
Very nice. Thank you for posting.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/19/us/tom-s ... index.html
Tom Sizemore, the “Saving Private Ryan” actor, is hospitalized in intensive care after suffering a brain aneurysm, his spokesperson told CNN on Sunday morning.

Sizemore is in critical condition and is in a “wait and see situation,” said the spokesperson, Charles Lago.

“His family is aware and waiting for updates.” Lago said. “There is no further update at this time.”

Sizemore, a 61-year-old from Detroit, appeared in a number of hit crime and war movies in the 90s and 2000s, including in the films “Heat,” “Natural Born Killers,” “Pearl Harbor” and “Black Hawk Down.”

Often portraying tough guys, he is perhaps best known for playing Sgt. Mike Horvath in the World War II movie “Saving Private Ryan.”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Maybe a bit premature, but I like this.
Attachments
habitat.jpg
habitat.jpg (65.41 KiB) Viewed 3910 times
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Not early, Kendra. I like to think his spirit is hovering between right now.

Thanks for this. :bighug:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I don’t know President Carter’s situation, but my mother was on at-home hospice care for over a year. They placed her on hospice when they believed she had less than six months to go, but she was a tough old broad. Her quality of life, relatively speaking, wasn’t all that bad most of that time.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I have said several times, ol' Wifehorn and I kept her mom on hospice for three and a half years. We took really good care of her. ;)
Out from under. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

My mom was in hospice for nine days. They thought she probably had about three months left, so we were only starting to get familiar with it when she died peacefully. She had no particular problems, just worn out after 94 years, although she had severe clogging of her arteries, which led to bouts of dementia. Most of the time she was lucid. About six weeks before she died, she was in a special hospital. The doctor said it was time to stop interventions; it was just torture at this point. You can have a DNR, but while that can keep someone from going into a hospital for a heart attack, it wouldn't stop someone from being hospitalized for a fall or some other things. Being in hospice makes a difference, as I'm sure many here know. We got great peace from knowing they could do more to keep her comfortable than they could have if she were not in hospice.
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

This made me cry - big sobbing tears.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Beautiful statement.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:crying:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

They still haven't found Julian Sands
Authorities searching for Julian Sands hope to bring 'closure' to missing actor's family

More than five weeks after his disappearance, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department has shared an update on its ongoing search for Room With A View star Julian Sands.

On Saturday, over 20 members of the Fontana Sheriff's Station and West Valley Search and Rescue joined forces to conduct a ground search of the Mt. Baldy area of the San Bernardino Mountains to locate the English actor, who was reported missing on Jan. 13.

"The crew members focused on the area where the California Highway Patrol's RECCO device hit on a possible electronic device on January 25th," a San Bernardino county sheriff's department spokesperson said in a statement to EW. "Unfortunately, nothing was found that would lead to the discovery of Mr. Sands."

The statement continued, "With the imminent storm approaching, ground searches for Mr. Sands will be delayed for some time. Our goal is to bring closure to the family of Mr. Sands and when we can, we will try this again."

Sands, whose credits include the 1989 film Warlock and 1991's Naked Lunch, was first reported missing after he did not return from a hiking expedition on Jan. 13. Local authorities and search-and-rescue teams have conducted ground and air searches of the Baldy Bowl area of Mt. Baldy to find him in the weeks since.

At the Berlin Film Festival on Monday, John Malkovich reportedly spoke about Sands' disappearance during a press conference for the pair's upcoming film Seneca — On the Creation of Earthquakes, per Deadline.

"Julian and I were very, very close," Malkovich said, according to the outlet. "I'm a godfather to his first son from his first marriage to Sarah, who I know very well. I introduced him to his second wife, and we have been close since we met in 1993 on the set of The Killing Fields. It's a very sad event."
https://ew.com/celebrity/julian-sands-a ... g-closure/
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’d like to imagine he’s up there with some hermit’s in the hermit’s cabin, sipping tea by the fire and trying to remember who he is, after that fall.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

‘No further hope’ for Tom Sizemore after brain aneurysm, actor’s family says
A representative for the Saving Private Ryan and Heat actor confirmed his family is deciding end-of-life matters, 10 days after he was hospitalised

Sian Cain
Tue 28 Feb 2023 03.27 GMT

Tom Sizemore has no hope of recovery after he suffered a brain aneurysm, his family has said, confirming they are making an end-of-life decision for the Saving Private Ryan actor.

The 61-year-old has been in a coma in the intensive care unit of Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Los Angeles since he was hospitalised on 18 February.

On Monday night, Sizemore’s representative, Charles Lago, issued a statement revealing that there was no chance for his recovery.

“Today doctors informed his family that there is no further hope and have recommended end of life decision. The family is now deciding end of life matters and a further statement will be issued on Wednesday,” Lago said.

“We are asking for privacy for his family during this difficult time, and they wish to thank everyone for the hundreds of messages of support and prayers that have been received,” he added. “This has been a difficult time for them.”

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/f ... amily-says
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:brokenheart:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/3 ... hs-to-live
A one-time hawk whose 1971 release of the Pentagon Papers confirmed what many critics had been saying about the Vietnam War for years and inspired generations of whistleblowers and activists since then, Daniel Ellsberg has announced that he has pancreatic cancer and a short time to live. He has said he is not in physical pain and will not undergo chemotherapy, but he cautions that he’s not dead yet. "As I just told my son Robert: He's long known (as my editor) that I work better under a deadline. It turns out that I live better under a deadline." He is 91.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Mitch McConnell hospitalized after fall

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/09/mitch- ... ium=social
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has been hospitalized after he had a fall on Wednesday, his spokesperson said.

Details: "This evening, Leader McConnell tripped at a local hotel during a private dinner," the Republican leader's spokesperson said. "He has been admitted to the hospital where he is receiving treatment."

Editor's note: This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/m ... ood-cancer
Sam Neill: Jurassic Park actor reveals he is being treated for stage-three blood cancer

Exclusive: Neill underwent chemotherapy after being diagnosed with angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma

Sam Neill on his new memoir and living with blood cancer: ‘I’m not afraid to die, but it would annoy me’

The actor Sam Neill has revealed that he is being treated for stage-three blood cancer in a candid memoir to be released on Tuesday.

In an interview with the Guardian about his book, Did I Ever Tell You This?, the 75-year-old Jurassic Park star discusses his career in film and television, the nature of celebrity, life on his New Zealand farm, and mortality, having opened his book with a shock.

“The thing is, I’m crook. Possibly dying,” he writes in chapter one, “I may have to speed this up.”

Neill started writing vignettes from his life as a way to keep busy – and as a salve – while undergoing treatment last year.

“I found myself with nothing to do,” Neill said in the interview. “And I’m used to working. I love working. I love going to work. I love being with people every day and enjoying human company and friendship and all these things. And suddenly I was deprived of that. And I thought, ‘what am I going to do?’
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Pope Francis in hospital with respiratory infection
Pope Francis has a respiratory infection and will need to spend a few days in hospital in Rome, the Vatican says.

The 86-year-old had breathing difficulties in recent days but does not have Covid, a statement said.

It said he would need "a few days of appropriate hospital medical therapy".

"Pope Francis is touched by the many messages received and expresses his gratitude for the closeness and prayer," the statement added.

His closest staff, including security, are expected to stay the night at the Gemelli Hospital, a person with direct knowledge told the BBC.

This is the busiest time of the year for Pope Francis, with many events and services scheduled ahead of Easter weekend.
More at the link above.

Return to “General Stuff”