Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

STANDBY: Sentencing begins at 10am in high-level Capitol riot case of Geoffrey Sills of Virginia. Prosecutors said Sills used
“extended baton to repeatedly strike at officers on the police line” amid the attack

Judge Trevor McFadden handles the sentencing here at courthouse
Judge says guidelines range for Sills is approx 7 to 9 years prison
Edit:
@MacFarlaneNews
Judge Trevor McFadden credits Sills with uniquely remorseful statement just now.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Brock named his dog Donald j Trump
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Does the dog have an excuse as to why it let Idgit take him to the Capital? Has the dog been charged?

WTF is the dog on the stand for? Everyone knows you never let a dog take the stand, you say "speak" and they tell you everything.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Sills gets 52 months for assaulting a police officer.... :bored:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:09 pm Sills gets 52 months for assaulting a police officer.... :bored:
but he was really sorry... that he didn't get to hang Pence..
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:09 pm Sills gets 52 months for assaulting a police officer.... :bored:
Guidelines call for 7 to 9 years and he gets just over 50% of the low. Can't say I'm surprised.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

McFadden. Tough on crime. Sometimes.
Laurie🪷
@Laurieluvsmolly
·
7h
🚨JUST ANNOUNCED-#MAGACult Geoffrey Sills, 30, gets 52 mos for violently assaulting police during the J6th Insurrection. Sills, threw a pole, flashed a strobe light and repeatedly beat police w/baton. Sills blames former President Trump.
#NeverForgetJanuary6th #TrumpArrest
I blame you. You're an adult who gets to make choices. Don't blame your cult hero for yours.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

As Republicans downplay Jan. 6 violence, Missouri man’s case tests argument in court

Daniel Desrochers
Tue, March 21, 2023 at 12:30 PM GMT+1

Update: Yoder took the stand during the second day of his trial. Coverage of his testimony can be found here.

Isaac Yoder entered the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. Dressed like a Revolutionary War soldier, Yoder climbed scaffolding, walked past broken glass through a fire exit and stayed in the building for about 15 minutes, after the certification of the 2020 presidential election had been delayed and lawmakers were hiding in a secure location.

But some argue Yoder, a locksmith from Nevada, Missouri, did nothing wrong.

Republicans have increasingly attempted to obfuscate the violence surrounding the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol as former President Donald Trump runs for their party’s nomination. They’ve used examples like Yoder to downplay the violence that day.

Tucker Carlson, the popular Fox News host, used footage obtained from House Speaker Kevin McCarthy to present the day as largely peaceful. Sen. Josh Hawley, a Missouri Republican whom some blamed for the riot, has said he thinks people who just entered the building have an argument that they didn’t break the law.

This week, those political arguments are being tested in court as Yoder stands trial at the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. Yoder is expected to take the stand on Tuesday.

The Missouri resident is charged with breaking four laws: entered and remained in a restricted building, disorderly and disruptive conduct in the Capitol, violent entry and disorderly conduct in the Capitol and parading, demonstrating or picketing in the Capitol.

Earlier this year, he turned down an offer to plead guilty on one charge of parading, demonstrating and picketing in a Capitol building and requested a trial by jury and asked that it be moved to Missouri. When that was denied, Yoder requested a bench trial, meaning the judge will determine whether he’s guilty.

On Jan. 6, 2021, Yoder traveled with some members of his family to Washington to attend Trump’s “Stop the Steal” rally. Yoder frequently dresses in Revolutionary War replica clothing and on that day, he put on his hand-sewn outfit, complete with tricorn hat, a replica flag circa 1776 and a sword in a scabbard.

He wasn’t allowed past security at the rally, given the sword and flag, and so he stood by the Washington Monument, posed for pictures with other attendees and listened to Trump’s speech.

After the speech, he headed toward his car parked by the Capitol so he could wait for his family, who went to the rally. When one of his brothers arrived and told him that “Pence had caved” according to prosecutors and an FBI agent who interviewed Yoder, he headed off in the direction of the Capitol.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans- ... 00706.html
(original: Kansas City Star)
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:31 pm
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

We'll hear her sentence shortly. I think I read downthread that it's Judge Amy Berman Jackson :boxing:

Far-right "Groyper" Riley Williams set to be sentenced this morning in her Jan. 6 case. Feds say she was "obsessed" with Nick Fuentes. Seeking 7+ years after she was convicted at a jury trial. Defense said she just "wanted to be somebody."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Scott is live tweeting the sentencing hearing. https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews
bob

Post by bob »

36 months for RIley Williams:
Image ImageImage
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

bob wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:32 pm 36 months for RIley Williams:
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO ... 5byRYYIWyf

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New Jan 6 cases continue to surface. Court has unsealed case of David Ball of Maine

In charging documents, feds say tipster and a couple of people Ball knows professionally helped link him to images from inside Capitol..
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

JUST IN: Remakedable order from Judge MCFADDEN suggesting e sees cause to file disciplinary charges for Jan 6 defense attorneys Joe MCBRIDE and Jonathan GROSS.

He says they've actively harmed client Chris Quaglin and made quesitonable representations to the court.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Go for it Judge!
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:47 pm
noblepa wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:42 pm Just read, over in the Oath Keepers discussion, that several more were convicted on all counts.

I know that they're still working through the list of more than 1,000 defendants, but have any of the defendants who have gone to trial been acquitted? I don't remember any.

I do remember a few of the low level insurrections that opted for a bench trial and were convicted of minor offenses and given the proverbial "slap on the wrist", but I don't remember any who walked away clean.

Any idea on what the number of convicted insurrectionists is?

How many are left to be tried?
Haven't dug much lately, but lots of info here.
I scrolled through the list at that site and only found one person "Acquitted by trial": Matthew Martin of New Mexico, charged on 4/20/2021 and acquitted on 4/6/2022.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

At nightly Jan 6 protest outside DC Jail w/ defendants' families and sympathizers.... one defendant called in and expressed frustration Tucker Carlson hasn't done more (or moved recently) on the 41,000 hours of Jan 6 police video
:think: Maybe Tucker realized the clips weren't working his way?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I wonder if Tucker has to foot the bill of screening the videos himself or if Faux News picks up the tab. I guess the 41000 hours includes also the boring non-content of hallways and stair cases where no J6er ever appeared. 27/7 of nothingburger.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

It is more than two years since the assault on the Capitol. While people are still being tried and convicted, it is essentially old news. With the exception of Elmer and his confederates, most of the crimes have resulted in sentences of five years or less with a large number being measured in months rather than years.

Carlson does not review any footage other than to give a blessing for what he decides to present on his show. I suspect his producers and staff have pored through many hours of what was released, and they have determined that there is just not that much else to share with his audience beyond the selected snippets aired a month ago.

Forty-one thousand hours of video from all sorts of vantage points is a lot. And there is always the next story to grab the viewers' interests instead of watching some of the thugs ambling about the Capitol like tourists.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Shane Jenkins guilty on all charges
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Good.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New Jan. 6 video from the case against Cynthia Ballenger and Chris Price, who talked to the FBI about how he and Ballenger "hypothetically" went into the Capitol on Jan. 6. He pops up on the right here.
Seems touristy...
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

News—

‘QAnon Shaman,’ horned and face-painted ‘very image’ of Jan. 6 riot, released from federal prison to halfway house

@MarisaRSarnoff
reports,
@LawCrimeNews

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”