Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "My Kevin" McCarthy "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, House Speaker /Clowns

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Phoenix520
Verified:

The 118th Congress with Kevin "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker /Clowns

Post by Phoenix520 »

Because none of these guys are genius level thinkers, I expect that some of their attempts will backfire on them and do the exact opposite thing they expect.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

🚨#BREAKING McCarthy’s GOP has *postponed* their hearing to help mass shooters. Postponed *NOT* cancelled. Which means they fear the optics not the policy. That is consciousness of guilt.
At least 3 children are dead in another school shooting. Yet the GOP-led Judiciary Committee is passing a resolution tomorrow to make it easier for mass shooters to obtain pistol stabilizing braces. They must cancel this hearing now.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Paul Gosar accuses General Milley of conspiring with Nancy Pelosi and China to overthrow former President Trump

Burchett: The wind doesn’t always blow and the sun doesn’t always shine.. We’re done with all this nonsense
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Jesus Fucking Khrist.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

You took them words right outa my mouth, p0rtia.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Rep. Byron Donalds tells CNN that talk of an AR-15 ban following the latest school shooting is just "politics" and "emotions"

"Emotion doesn't solve problems," he adds
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:20 pm https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1640748933709217794
Rep. Byron Donalds tells CNN that talk of an AR-15 ban following the latest school shooting is just "politics" and "emotions"

"Emotion doesn't solve problems," he adds
You know what solves problems?

Yep, you know.

Thoughts and prayers.

That's what solves problems.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:05 pm https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1640841620521205763
Burchett: The wind doesn’t always blow and the sun doesn’t always shine.. We’re done with all this nonsense
Interestingly in Europe we tend to have too much wind energy at prices lower than the other clean energy produced by water.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

When Marjorie Taylor Greene was in 11th grade, George H.W. Bush was president and signed into law the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990.

It passed the Senate by a voice vote and the House by a vote of 313-1.

Joe Biden has not, in fact, been president for the past 33 years.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Do you think the parents of gun violence victims care about House Republicans’ hearings on DC public urination or banning books? Dead kids can’t read
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Public urination in DC? Is this the trucker convoy thread?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:30 pm Public urination in DC? Is this the trucker convoy thread?
:rotflmao:
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/SpeakerMcCarthy/sta ... 57889?s=20
Kevin McCarthy @SpeakerMcCarthy wrote: Alvin Bragg has irreparably damaged our country in an attempt to interfere in our Presidential election.

As he routinely frees violent criminals to terrorize the public, he weaponized our sacred system of justice against President Donald Trump.

The American people will not tolerate this injustice, and the House of Representatives will hold Alvin Bragg and his unprecedented abuse of power to account.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/SpeakerMcCarthy/sta ... 11232?s=20
Kevin McCarthy @SpeakerMcCarthy wrote: Alvin Bragg is attempting to interfere in our democratic process by invoking federal law to bring politicized charges against President Trump, admittedly using federal funds, while at the same time arguing that the peoples’ representatives in Congress lack jurisdiction to investigate this farce.

Not so. Bragg’s weaponization of the federal justice process will be held accountable by Congress.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:57 pm https://twitter.com/SpeakerMcCarthy/sta ... 57889?s=20
Kevin McCarthy @SpeakerMcCarthy wrote: Alvin Bragg has irreparably damaged our country in an attempt to interfere in our Presidential election.

As he routinely frees violent criminals to terrorize the public, he weaponized our sacred system of justice against President Donald Trump.

The American people will not tolerate this injustice, and the House of Representatives will hold Alvin Bragg and his unprecedented abuse of power to account.
:torches:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/o ... 078203007/
Investigate the investigator: James Comer must be sidelined pending thorough inquiry
Kurt BardellaOpinion Contributor

Since assuming control of the House Oversight Committee, Rep. James Comer has launched a flurry of investigations targeting President Joe Biden, Hunter Biden and even the widow of the President’s deceased son. Now he is seeking to weaponize the Oversight Committee to disrupt the Manhattan District Attorney’s investigation into the recently indicted Donald Trump. Comer’s hysterics have made him a mainstay on the Republican Party’s favorite propaganda outlet Fox News, appearing an absurd 11 times in the span of eight days. With every appearance and distasteful soundbite, you can sense the ego in Comer growing. He is relishing the spotlight and the power of the Committee.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

James Comer on Fox & Friends says he took calls yesterday from county attorneys in Kentucky and Tennessee who are eager to "go after the Bidens" to retaliate for the Trump indictment
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Does that make the case for potential defendants that their prosecution is politically motivated?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:24 am Does that make the case for potential defendants that their prosecution is politically motivated?
@SIfill_
For a prosecutor to announce plans to launch retaliatory, partisan political prosecutions is a violation of their oath of office. To do so runs afoul of
@ABAesq
standards for prosecutors, the Code of Prof. Responsibility, the bar rules of their state.
So what are their names?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

H/T @ Kendra :lovestruck:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:49 am H/T @ Kendra :lovestruck:
I think it was on Aaron Rupar's twitter feed I found it, but I'll take it :thumbsup:

Look at this:

Hey
@RepJamesComer
how about your county attorneys "go after" this fiend who beat his girlfriend and threatened her life to her folks?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:50 am
James Comer on Fox & Friends says he took calls yesterday from county attorneys in Kentucky and Tennessee who are eager to "go after the Bidens" to retaliate for the Trump indictment
Because, you know, Joe Biden filed tax and small business records during his time living and running companies in both of those states, right?

Or, you know, otherwise had some presence which establishes any crimes committed and indictable there.

OI course. Of course. :crazy:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The beginning of Jim Jordan’s attempt to use the power of Congress to obstruct and otherwise interfere with a state prosecution of his hero.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

WRT the above summons, I think it's worth discussing the earlier concerns which overarc but extend separately from the idea of hitting Bragg up for documents: does the authority of Congress to hold oversight hearings extend to matters that are purely of state law and state-level criminal investigations? This is me confessing my ignorance and wishing to remedy it.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “Current Politics”