Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

X -Where Twitter goes to die.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

Elon Musk @elonmusk wrote: press@twitter.com now auto responds with 💩
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

Sounds about right for Elmo.
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:52 pm
Elon Musk @elonmusk wrote: press@twitter.com now auto responds with 💩
Admitting the Twitter is now a pile of sh!t is quite the self-own.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Twitter

Post by keith »

Did he break the web access so I can't read embedded tweets without extreme difficulty anymore?

They appear hugely zoomed and with gigantic login buttons obscuring the text/image.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Azastan
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Azastan »

keith wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:52 am Did he break the web access so I can't read embedded tweets without extreme difficulty anymore?

They appear hugely zoomed and with gigantic login buttons obscuring the text/image.
I've been complaining about issues for weeks, but everyone tells me it's me, not Twitter.
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Azastan wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:51 am
keith wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:52 am Did he break the web access so I can't read embedded tweets without extreme difficulty anymore?

I've been complaining about issues for weeks, but everyone tells me it's me, not Twitter.
Have you tried adjusting the font size on that page to see if that makes a difference? On a Windows computer, hold down CTRL, then tap + to increase font size or - to decrease font size. In Safari on an iPad, tap the two A's on the URL bar and then tap the small A to reduce the font size or tap the large A to increase the font size.
Azastan
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Azastan »

I don't know about Keith, but that doesn't work for me. Oddly, I have issues here with fonts being large in some posts, but normally sized in others. It's not nearly the problem of people providing links to something I can't read.
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

The other day Twitter told me SMS authentication was going to be cut off and I'd lose access to my account if I didn't switch to Twitter Blue. Whatever.

I have notifications turned on for a handful of reporters. Recently I noticed I'm not getting any notifications although said reporters are tweeting constantly. That's broken. Is there anything getting rid of all that knowledge and guardrails hasn't broken?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Elon Musk emailed Twitter staff at 2:30 a.m. telling them the 'office is not optional,' report says

Sam Tabahriti
Fri, March 24, 2023 at 12:00 PM GMT+1
  • Elon Musk emailed Twitter staff Wednesday about remote working, Platformer's Zoë Schiffer tweeted.
    The Twitter owner told them in an email sent at 2:30 a.m. that the "office is not optional."
    Musk noted in the email that the office in San Francisco was half empty Tuesday, Schiffer tweeted.
Elon Musk reportedly emailed Twitter staff early on Wednesday to remind them about the company's remote-working policy.

Zoë Schiffer, a managing editor at Platformer, tweeted: "Elon Musk sent Twitter employees an email at 2:30am saying the 'office is not optional.'"

The Twitter owner said in his memo that the company's headquarters in San Francisco "was half empty yesterday," per Schiffer's tweet.

However, Musk has fired thousands of employees since taking control of the company in late October with the total now thought to be about 1,300, per CNBC.

Twitter didn't respond to a request for comment from Insider; the company laid off its communications team last week and its press office now automatically responds to emails with a poop emoji.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/elon ... 06407.html
(original: Business Insider)
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

Shocking the fired employees aren't coming in to the office.
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

But Boss, literally everyone on the payroll, plus 35 outside contractors are here, right now.
We don't even have any of the indentured servants on their once a week 24 minute break today.
This is it, you fired most of the regulars and the human sacrifices wiped out all the interns. Actually, we ought to dump some of this office space.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

Gregg wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:46 pm But Boss, literally everyone on the payroll, plus 35 outside contractors are here, right now.
We don't even have any of the indentured servants on their once a week 24 minute break today.
This is it, you fired most of the regulars and the human sacrifices wiped out all the interns. Actually, we ought to dump some of this office space.
That we're not paying for.
p0rtia

Twitter

Post by p0rtia »

Azastan
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Azastan »

Won't work. There's too many people addicted to the place.
p0rtia

Twitter

Post by p0rtia »

Azastan wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:00 pm Won't work. There's too many people addicted to the place.
Define "work"?
Azastan
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Azastan »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:19 pm
Azastan wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:00 pm Won't work. There's too many people addicted to the place.
Define "work"?
There might be five or six people who join in the blocking effort.

In order to make a difference the effort probably needs 20 or 30 people to join in.
p0rtia

Twitter

Post by p0rtia »

Azastan wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:26 pm
Define "work"?

In order to make a difference the effort probably needs 20 or 30 people to join in.
Ignoring the sarcasm, I'll just say that sometimes--quite a lot of the time--it's a good idea to do things on principle, and let the chips fall where they may.

I don't care much what other people do with or on Twitter. I care what I do, though, and I block all blue check subscribers. That works fine for me.
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Twitter

Post by Slarti the White »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:35 pm
Azastan wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:26 pm

Define "work"?

Ignoring the sarcasm, I'll just say that sometimes--quite a lot of the time--it's a good idea to do things on principle, and let the chips fall where they may.

I don't care much what other people do with or on Twitter. I care what I do, though, and I block all blue check subscribers. That works fine for me.
Well said.
Azastan
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Azastan »

There were a great many people who vowed they were DONE with twitter when Musk bought it.

And then those people discovered that the alternatives were clunky, and not as desirable as twitter, so those same people have slunk back to twitter, hoping no one would notice.

Yes, it's a good idea to do things on principle.
humblescribe
Verified:

Twitter

Post by humblescribe »

Azastan wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:09 am

There were a great many people who vowed they were DONE with twitter when Musk bought it.

And then those people discovered that the alternatives were clunky, and not as desirable as twitter, so those same people have slunk back to twitter, hoping no one would notice.

Yes, it's a good idea to do things on principle.
While I agree, just ask Charlie Kevin McCarthy and most of the Rethuglicans whether they do things on principle or not.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
raison de arizona

Twitter

Seems like it was only yesterday that they were crowing about that they were going to... publish the code online.
Twitter Says Parts of Its Source Code Were Leaked Online
The leak adds to the challenges facing the Elon Musk-owned company, which is trying to unmask the person responsible and any other people who downloaded the code.

Parts of Twitter’s source code, the underlying computer code on which the social network runs, were leaked online, according to a legal filing, a rare and major exposure of intellectual property as the company struggles to reduce technical issues and reverse its business fortunes under Elon Musk.

Twitter moved on Friday to have the leaked code taken down by sending a copyright infringement notice to GitHub, an online collaboration platform for software developers where the code was posted, according to the filing. GitHub complied and took down the code that day. It was unclear how long the leaked code had been online, but it appeared to have been public for at least several months.

Twitter also asked the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California to order GitHub to identify the person who shared the code and any other individuals who downloaded it, according to the filing.

Twitter launched an investigation into the leak and executives handling the matter have surmised that whoever was responsible left the San Francisco-based company last year, two people briefed on the internal investigation said. Since Mr. Musk bought Twitter in October for $44 billion, about 75 percent of the company’s 7,500 employees have been laid off or resigned.
:snippity:
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/26/tech ... -leak.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Twitter

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Twitter

Twitter executives reportedly think an ex-employee leaked the company's source code under the name 'FreeSpeechEnthusiast'
  • Twitter is leading a manhunt for a GitHub user who posted some of the company's source code online.
  • Twitter initiated a subpoena, asking for identifying information of the user, known as "FreeSpeechEnthusiast."
  • Some Twitter execs think the leaker is an employee who left last year, The New York Times reported.
:snippity:
https://www.businessinsider.com/twitter ... ort-2023-3
Dave from down under

Twitter

Post by Dave from down under »

Elon Musk 25 March

"Free speech is essential to a functioning democracy."

I think we have found "FreeSpeechEnthusiast." :batting:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Business Insider article based on this NYT article
Twitter Says Parts of Its Source Code Were Leaked Online
The leak adds to the challenges facing the Elon Musk-owned company, which is trying to identify the person responsible and any other people who downloaded the code.

By Ryan Mac and Kate Conger
March 26, 2023

Parts of Twitter’s source code, the underlying computer code on which the social network runs, were leaked online, according to a legal filing, a rare and major exposure of intellectual property as the company struggles to reduce technical issues and reverse its business fortunes under Elon Musk.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/26/tech ... -leak.html
Gift link https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/26/tech ... =url-share

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”