Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump spawn

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

trump spawn

Post by northland10 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:36 pm $12m, according to the article.

Northland will know if it’s a ridiculous sum to spend for it.

Is that a big ratio, N10?
While the IRS is way behind on posing 990s, their 2017 to 2019 forms show revenue where I could see them bringing in that amount. They were doing from 3m-7m revenue a year. Charity Navigator gave them 4 stars, so they think the salaries and ages for 130+ employees (2m) are appropriate for their income (remember, some of the salaried folks are doing the work of the organization so much of it could be called a program expense).

The expenses for a couple of events held in 2019 seem rather high for the revenue, which gives me pause. I don't know if they were at a Trump property.

Here's the thing. It is not really about the financials of the organization, which Charity Navigator seems fine with. The issue is potential self-dealing. If Lara Trump is in a position of control with the organization, such as a volunteer chair, and can control where they have expenses, and Eric is getting a benefit from the event through his involvement or ownership stake in the Trump Organization, that could be a problem.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

trump spawn

Post by Gregg »

northland10 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:18 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:36 pm $12m, according to the article.

Northland will know if it’s a ridiculous sum to spend for it.

Is that a big ratio, N10?
While the IRS is way behind on posing 990s, their 2017 to 2019 forms show revenue where I could see them bringing in that amount. They were doing from 3m-7m revenue a year. Charity Navigator gave them 4 stars, so they think the salaries and ages for 130+ employees (2m) are appropriate for their income (remember, some of the salaried folks are doing the work of the organization so much of it could be called a program expense).

The expenses for a couple of events held in 2019 seem rather high for the revenue, which gives me pause. I don't know if they were at a Trump property.

Here's the thing. It is not really about the financials of the organization, which Charity Navigator seems fine with. The issue is potential self-dealing. If Lara Trump is in a position of control with the organization, such as a volunteer chair, and can control where they have expenses, and Eric is getting a benefit from the event through his involvement or ownership stake in the Trump Organization, that could be a problem.

You act like these people have ethics.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

trump spawn

Post by northland10 »

Gregg wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:01 am
You act like these people have ethics.
Phoenix asked me about their financial usage so I constrained myself to the facts as provided by Charity Navigator which is a very well-known organization that rates charities. I left out opinions of Lara Trump since 1, it was about the facts, and 2, she is not the executive director of that organization anyway. I stuck only to the available facts and attempted to avoid any bias I might have

As I said before, the whole issue in the article is not about whether the organization is, in general, fulfilling its mission and using donations as intended. The issue is the possibility of self-dealing. Self-dealing, in short, involves somebody receiving a benefit (beyond a normal stipend if they are employed by the organization, or reimbursement for legitimate expenses as a volunteer) from an charity to which they have significant control. In that way, Donald Trump getting money because they use his properties for some fundraising events is not self-dealing as there has been nothing said that he controls the charity. If Lara Trump has significant control over where they hold events and how much they will spend, and Eric and Lara could receive funds as owner of the facilities, that might be self-dealing. I don't have enough info to be sure.

The issue in the article may more be an issue for donors who might not like where or how much of their funds are used to pay for fundraising events and not a legal or even truly ethical behavior of the charity itself. It does come off a bit like a gotcha article.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

trump spawn

Post by Gregg »

I tend to think of a lot of small, local charities like this being as much about the parties and fundraisers than any actual charity.

They provide a few events for the venues they own, a few jobs for their bored wives, mistresses and idiot nephews, an outlet for their repressed urges and if a few dogs get neutered and rehomed, all the better. It's tax deductible, so everyone wins, right?

Kendra

trump spawn

Post by Kendra »

Guilfoyle says she has “confirmed with sources” that all the employees in Alvin Bragg’s office are in complete disarray and “super upset” about him persecuting Trump.

Junior wasn’t happy about Desantis’s interview with Piers Morgan: “We really have to ask ourselves, was he faking it the whole time? Was he ever really a MAGA guy? The guy’s a puppet of the swamp. Fortunately, everyone seems to be waking up to it.”
Kendra

trump spawn

Post by Kendra »

somerset

trump spawn

Post by somerset »

Kendra wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:51 pm
Junior wasn’t happy about Desantis’s interview with Piers Morgan: “We really have to ask ourselves, was he faking it the whole time? Was he ever really a MAGA guy? The guy’s a puppet of the swamp. Fortunately, everyone seems to be waking up to it.
Wait a minute. Is Jr saying the MAGA mouthbreathers are now all woke?
Gregg

trump spawn

Post by Gregg »

Trump is going to burn the Republican Party to the ground and it is a glorious thing to see.

:popcorn:

Behind door number one, Trump buries DeSantis and all the 7 dwarves who might dare to challenge him, and then the guy who lost the popular vote twice is gonna see if he can do better running under indictment in multiple jurisdictions.

Behind door number two, At the Republican Convention, the Party Leaders who still have functioning testicles lock Trump in a closet with rabid wolverines so they can hand the nomination to someone, anyone who didn't lose the popular vote two times in a row and is not currently under indictment in multiple jurisdictions, and Trump's rabid moron brigade burns the city that was stupid enough to host this gathering of mob violence to the ground. They then all write in Trump in an act of defiance, vowing to never, never again vote for any Republican.

Or door number three, somewhere between New Hampshire and Ohio, Trump realizes that evil deep state minions have infiltrated the Republican primaries and despite everyone knowing that he got 96% of the vote, probably more, they have managed to steal the nomination of the Party that is all about him to begin with, and how unfair is that? So he runs on a third party "Muskrat Party" (named after his hair), and goes to to the biggest defeat since Martin Luther King ran for Governor of Alabama in 1964 in another timeline even dumber than this one.

I am happy no matter what, the Republicans built this monster, and now they have to let it kill them all.

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

trump spawn

Post by Ben-Prime »

somerset wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:12 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:51 pm
Junior wasn’t happy about Desantis’s interview with Piers Morgan: “We really have to ask ourselves, was he faking it the whole time? Was he ever really a MAGA guy? The guy’s a puppet of the swamp. Fortunately, everyone seems to be waking up to it.
Wait a minute. Is Jr saying the MAGA mouthbreathers are now all woke?
That would require Junior not just to *think*, but to think specifically about the origins of the word 'woke' in a context of some kind. That's a pretty bold leap to make.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

trump spawn

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:47 pm Or door number three, somewhere between New Hampshire and Ohio, Trump realizes that evil deep state minions have infiltrated the Republican primaries and despite everyone knowing that he got 96% of the vote, probably more, they have managed to steal the nomination of the Party that is all about him to begin with, and how unfair is that? So he runs on a third party "Muskrat Party" (named after his hair), and goes to to the biggest defeat since Martin Luther King ran for Governor of Alabama in 1964 in another timeline even dumber than this one.
This option has the side-effect of someone getting rich selling 'Muskrat Love' t-shirts either ironically or unironically and I am here for it.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

trump spawn

Post by Frater I*I »

Tie Cokehead Jr.'s hands together, and he'd be unable to talk....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump spawn

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump spawn

Post by Phoenix520 »

Or maybe testosterone.
Dave from down under

trump spawn

Post by Dave from down under »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:11 am Or maybe testosterone.
Or coke

or guns

or rise of fascism

or antisocial behaviour

oh wait.. that's Donnie jnr
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

trump spawn

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:08 am Image
Oh, I want the source for that statistic!

Right now, I can think of maybe 2 trans/non-binary shooters, and I'm really only sure of one (the one today, duh.) I c certainly haven't noticed any huge breakout of trans/non-binary shooters...
Azastan
Verified:

trump spawn

Post by Azastan »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:11 am Or maybe testosterone.
MTG says it's the testosterone. I think MTG may be onto something there.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump spawn

Post by RTH10260 »

What was the number of recent mass shootings at Christian institutions like churches by white males?
pipistrelle

trump spawn

Post by pipistrelle »

What incredible rise?

I know. The cult doesn't question.
bob

trump spawn

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:30 am What incredible rise?
Things like this are all over the dumpster bird site:
► Show Spoiler
Image ImageImage
Dr. Ken

trump spawn

Post by Dr. Ken »

Still a terrible human being

Anything to change the subject say from guns. Nevermind the vast majority of these school shootings are white straight males
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

trump spawn

Post by neonzx »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:29 am Still a terrible human bein

Anything to change the subject say from guns. Nevermind the vast majority of these school shootings are white straight males
Ya when Junior was a kid-kid (like at 10yo), recall thinking what a privileged childhood he had-- seemed like a decent dude then.
And now here we are decades later see what the results ended up being. :?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

trump spawn

Post by Frater I*I »

neonzx wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:14 am
Ya when Junior was a kid-kid (like at 10yo), recall thinking what a privileged childhood he had-- seemed like a decent dude then.
And now here we are decades later see what the results ended up being. :?
Cocaine is a hallva drug....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

trump spawn

Post by Kendra »

Ivanka misses her life in NY before politics: “She basically wants a new life to compensate for what she lost when she spent 4 years in her father’s Washington. She misses her active social life and group of friends.”

:violin:
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump spawn

Post by Phoenix520 »

Just say it- Daddy ruined your life forever.

That’s too bad kitten.
Kendra

trump spawn

Post by Kendra »

Should we throw her a pity party?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”