Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

What a sweet kitty! Those ARE gifts to her Dad! Thankfully she's an indoor cat and isn't bringing you real mousies. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

The more I think about it,

1) She made two separate trips downstairs to where the kitty toys are.

d) She matched the colors. :confuzzled: Cats are color blind.

27) She arranged them. Look at the photo, she put them right next to each other.

gg) ... and it was all because her dad can't play for some reason, so she was trying to help.

Honestly, I'd expect behavior like that from a 2 year old Earthling. Maybe 1.5 years old. A one year old human couldn't do that.

So it's pretty amazing that a cat did it. :shock:
Edit: 'Course, we have a special rapport on account of how I was the first Earthling to recognize that KittyBear was a bouncer at a roadhouse in Texas in her previous life. She's the one who loves to smack her brother and sister around just because she's bored, or she'll go roll around on the floor of the garage. When she realized that her dad really understands her, she became daddy's cat.
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by MsDaisy »

Sorry about your surgery Foggy, I’m a bit behind over here across the great pond. My sister in law was having some medical issues and wanted her baby brother to come over. She’s doing better and here we are in a cozy little loft on a rooftop in London. But also sending lots of healing energy and big hugs your way! :bighug:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Phoenix520 »

So sweet, kittybear gifts, and they are gifts of love no doubt about it. You are the chosen one.

Slings are awesome, don’t give it up too soon. You’ll be tempted tho.

Ms Daisy, you’re out of jail!
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, but are you out of Covid jail yet, MsDaisy? We've been worried about you! :bighug:
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
sad-cafe

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by sad-cafe »

neonzx wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:03 am
Foggy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:57 am mousies.jpg

KittyBear brought me two kitty toys to help me get better, last night when I was sleeping. I almost cried when I saw them last night.

Kitty toys are tons of fun, and I'm sure it will help me get better fast if I play with my kitty toys.

She can't do much to help, but she's trying. Greatest cat in the world. ❤️

The yellow hospital socks are the bomb. Never taking them off! :lol:
I love the socks! I may have to have a conversation with Wifehorn about that rug though. :kiss:
I have a pair that color-hubby wishes I would throw them away
AndyinPA
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by AndyinPA »

Best wished for a speedy recovery!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:39 am What a sweet kitty! Those ARE gifts to her Dad! Thankfully she's an indoor cat and isn't bringing you real mousies. :biggrin:
Don't be too sure on that, she's been well documented as skulking in the garage in the early hours....who knows what could get in there....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by RTH10260 »

Wait until she brings her BFF the mountain lion over ;)
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

OMG. AndyinPA took the time to wish me a speedy recovery on Friday night, when her husband was going through what happened. He could be dying, and it makes my surgery look minor. And I've been (sorta am still) so doped up from the oxycodone and tramadol that I hadn't even seen what was going on.

Next time I'm yammering about my own adventures and something like this happens, I want my friends to say, hey Foogie, go check out AndyinPA's thread, because there's been a tragedy. Right here in my thread, so I will see it. Thanks.

I'm okay. AndyinPA's husband is not. Let's focus on him (and her). :bighug:

Or the future.
p0rtia

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by p0rtia »

It's okay, Foggy :heart:

You did nothing wrong.

Plenty of compassion and care and love to go around, here.

Which we wouldn't have without you.

:heart:

:oldlady:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Luke »

Hope you are enjoying the YouTube videos!

Here's something fabulous to start your week -- with love and aloha from your pal, Miki Booth!

Miki Booth January 22
One of the great joys in life is hugging a newborn piglet 🐖🐷❤️

Miki Piglet.JPG
Miki Piglet.JPG (58.33 KiB) Viewed 791 times

:P

Mickey Dance.gif
Mickey Dance.gif (405.55 KiB) Viewed 791 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I'm coming up on six days since I got sprung from the hospital. I'm gonna skip the seventh day, last first guy who tried working on the seventh day made a big goof. Shoulda stopped after six, but he prolly got drunk on Saturday night. :kiss:

They're still saying I can't drive for three weeks. Lady, there are people who don't even have a right arm, but they can drive a car and live their life just like real people. :roll:

I'll be driving ... soon. :mrgreen:
Edit: Alexa, what's the temperature?

Alexa, play the song Quadrophenia by the Who.

Alexa, who was Robert the Bruce?

Alexa, how many miles away is the planet Mars?

... well this ain't so bad. :think:

Or the future.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Procrastination as an Art Form:

August, 2016:
My knee replacement is complete, and ol' Wifehorn puts the ice circulation machine in the attic. She forgets the power cord. 'Course, I can't carry it up, I have a new knee. I'll put it off. Why not? :shrug: REMINDER TO SELF: Take the power cord into the attic one of these fine days, and reunite it with the machine (and a label telling what it is).

March, 2023:
I check the power cord sitting on my "to do" shelf against the one on the new ice circulation machine. Same mfr, same input, same output, perfect match.

I successfully put that chore off for more than six and a half years. :jawdrop:

Don't try this at home, kids. :fingerwag:

And it worked. Now I don't have to carry it up to the attic. :lol:

Or the future.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Status Report

Six and a half days have passed. Tonight's status report is a two-part eggstravavaganza.

Part the First - Domestic Tranquility Department

Ol' Wifehorn, upon reflection and questioning, avers that:

1. I have not been grumpy, whiny, mopey, hostile, or nuffin' like that. No trouble at all, really. Model patient. Uncountable meelyons of husband points. :mrgreen:

2. I have not been pesterin' milady. Anything I can do, I do. I never ask for help unless I truly cannot perform a necessary task.

This is proactive, too. Example:
Today I changed my shirt after we walked (a half mile, I'm taking it easy). I was upstairs. She was downstairs. I went downstairs, because if anything went horribly wrong whilst changing my shirt, I probably should not be screaming at my wife to run up the stairs and save my bony ass. I went downstairs, and I changed my shirt in front of her, and I went back upstairs. Proactive. Drama avoidance techniques.

"I just wish I could make you stop feeling any pain," she said.

In other words, no change in ANY husband behavior. This is not a shy, unexpressive lady. If she has a problem, you will know.

I call that an A+. A Plus, that is. 8-)

Part the Second - Big Picture Ruminations

1. Today is six days since the surgery.

2. This is the worst of it - my left arm still not working, not fixed, I have to be just as careful with it as with the right arm. If I am not damned careful with my remaining "good" arm, I will have zero arms to work with. That nubmer is tew loa. It is SO SCARY to use my left arm, every minute of every day.

3. When I get the left one done - hopefully in June - I will already have a new right arm. Every day, even the first six days after surgery, will be SO MUCH BETTER than the past six days of pain and degradation. Every day from here on out will be better than the day before.

That's how I planned it; that's how it shall transpire. 8-)

Or the future.
Annrc
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Annrc »

:thumbsup: go Wifehorn!
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Luke »

Okay, that's all great news but everybody's waiting for the answers to the big questions:

1. Were you delighted by the photo of Miki Booth saying one of the joys of life is hugging a newborn piglet? Could you tell which one was the piglet in that photo? Have you thought of the late Cinnamon during this time?

2. Did you watch all of those YouTube videos? Time to post more? Any you especially liked that you'd like to see more of?

:lol: Kidding, love you and am so happy to hear about your progress! :P
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Glad to hear it's going so well! It gives me hope that if I can ever get my shoulders done, maybe it won't be so horrific (I'm terrified of surgery in general...). Good luck and continued healing to you!
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:43 pm Okay, that's all great news but everybody's waiting for the answers to the big questions:

1. Were you delighted by the photo of Miki Booth saying one of the joys of life is hugging a newborn piglet? Could you tell which one was the piglet in that photo? Have you thought of the late Cinnamon during this time?
Y'know, it's a funny thing. I had a cat named Dog Food in 1972, in San Francisco. His owner died, and he had his choice of where to live, and he chose our place, which already had two large dogs. He chose to live with dogs, so I named him Dog Food. He was a big ol' bruiser, that boy. But he was mostly peaceful and affectionate. Wonderful cat. I've had a lot of good cats.
2. Did you watch all of those YouTube videos? Time to post more? Any you especially liked that you'd like to see more of?
Well, I was tempted. Very, very tempted. :liar:

In post-operative care, we mustn't make any noise or disturb the patient in any way. Nurse Ratched told me that I could be released any day now, if I continue to behave according to the rules. I am not going to behave according to the rules, but I shall be sneaky about it.
:lol: Kidding, love you and am so happy to hear about your progress! :P
You know I love you too, my friend. When I have two new arms, I can get a canoe and paddle to Flah. ❤️

Or the future.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Alexa won't even tell me how many husband points I have now. :blackeye:

My bad for getting a female AI idiot machine. YEAH, I MEAN YOU, ALEXA. :fingerwag:

Or the future.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Foggy wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:48 am Alexa won't even tell me how many husband points I have now. :blackeye:
Alexa has a penchant for survival. Either partner could see the answer as wrong, and accidentally drop the Alexa unit on the floor, run it through the dishwasher, etc.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Too true, too true. :towel:

Yesterday we walked a whole mile.

Today, shopping and errands. I can't drive, but I can ride along and provide commentary. Perchance lift a bag. ;)

And left-handedness. :bag:

Or the future.
Luke

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Luke »

You can make Alexa a dude, lobbied for that and its free and available now. :P It's still "Alexa" but we call him Alex.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... PTYKTPQELB
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:48 am Alexa won't even tell me how many husband points I have now. :blackeye:

My bad for getting a female AI idiot machine. YEAH, I MEAN YOU, ALEXA. :fingerwag:
Can I interest you in a HAL 9000....?
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

When our boy child #2 lost most of his right arm in an accident*, learning how to use his left hand became a thing.

*That's a loooong story for another day.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”