George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Santos calls for presidents’ cognitive ability to be tested annually

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3898 ... -annually/
Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) introduced a bill on Monday that would require the sitting president to undergo an annual cognitive evaluation, after GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley called for “mental competency tests” for politicians older than 75.

The measure is the second piece of legislation the embattled congressman has spearheaded since coming to Congress in January.
“Regardless of political affiliation, this should be a common sense and bipartisan agreement that when a man or a woman becomes President, they submit to an annual cognitive evaluation,” Santos wrote in a statement.

If the commander in chief were to ignore the requirement, Santos is proposing that the White House does not receive federal funds for official travel.

“Physical examination results are publicly released throughout their time in office, and a thorough cognitive assessment should also be included, and failure to comply will result in no federal funds being obligated or expended for official travel,” the congressman said. :snippity:
Man, Camera, Woman something. Chair? Oh wait, no. It's TV. I see it over there!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Yeah, and the spelling was so close that it was easy for the birthers to abbreviate his name to Lt.

I mean, my name can be abbreviated Wm., amirite? :biggrin:

So that added to the confusion. :batting:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

neonzx wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:12 pm Santos calls for presidents’ cognitive ability to be tested annually

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3898 ... -annually/
Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) introduced a bill on Monday that would require the sitting president to undergo an annual cognitive evaluation, after GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley called for “mental competency tests” for politicians older than 75.
Dear Mr Santos - May goose meet gander.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:17 am
Off Topic
Yeah, and the spelling was so close that it was easy for the birthers to abbreviate his name to Lt.

I mean, my name can be abbreviated Wm., amirite? :biggrin:

So that added to the confusion. :batting:
You should go with will.i.am. So much cooler. You'd get lots of attention.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

The measure is the second piece of legislation the embattled congressman has spearheaded since coming to Congress in January.
“Regardless of political affiliation, this should be a common sense and bipartisan agreement that when a man or a woman becomes President, they submit to an annual cognitive evaluation,” Santos wrote in a statement.

If the commander in chief were to ignore the requirement, Santos is proposing that the White House does not receive federal funds for official travel.

“Physical examination results are publicly released throughout their time in office, and a thorough cognitive assessment should also be included, and failure to comply will result in no federal funds being obligated or expended for official travel,” the congressman said. :snippity:

I know this is probably a mistake, but treating this as a serious proposal for the sake of argument, wouldn't this run afoul of the "separation of powers" doctrine, which guarantees that one branch of the government can't interfere with another branch's operations?

And, once a budget has been approved, including a line item for WH travel, Congress can't rescind the authorization, can they?
bob

Post by bob »

noblepa wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:11 pmI know this is probably a mistake, but treating this as a serious proposal for the sake of argument, wouldn't this run afoul of the "separation of powers" doctrine, which guarantees that one branch of the government can't interfere with another branch's operations?
I'm not sure is a separation-of-powers violation per se, but almost certainly unconstitutional.

It is also just theater, as it is DOA in the Senate.

"For completeness," it is H.R. 1528, but its text isn't online yet.
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

HOO-RAY! :dance:

Kitara 2024, baby! GOP must be thrilled they'll be asked for comment.
Santos files paperwork for 2024 reelection bid
Tuesday’s filing keeps the door open for Santos to seek another term but does not guarantee he’ll run.
Tuesday’s filing does permit Santos to fundraise and spend money on campaign-related expenses. That could include some $700,000 he lent to his campaign, or legal expenses he could be facing from numerous lawsuits.
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/1 ... 4-00086981
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Awesome! I'm all in on this. Where is his winred.com donation link?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Santos wants NY to get tougher on fraudsters who steal.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Another episode of That Darn Kitara! from Democrats' favorite Congressman:

George Santos: Drag Queen, Congressman, Yacht Broker – FBI Investigating Role in $19 Million Sale Between Donors
Published on March 15, 2023 at 10:33 AM ET By David Badash

U.S. Congressman George Santos (R-NY) is once again under scrutiny, this time for his role in the sale of a multimillion-dollar yacht he allegedly brokered between two of his largest donors.Santos, already under House Ethics Committee investigation for – among other possible violations, sexual misconduct – is also facing numerous federal investigations, including criminal investigations.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has launched a probe into the New York Republican’s role in the sale of a $19 million yacht to two of his donors. The New York Times reports Rep. Santos, “by many accounts, mingled campaign fund-raising with personal business opportunities.”

“Several donors have described encounters with Mr. Santos at fund-raisers in which he would describe deals he could broker with other donors in industries including insurance and pharmaceuticals, or he would tell them about donors who were seeking to sell businesses or luxury items,” The Times adds. “Mr. Santos would offer to bring people together, with the implicit understanding that he would take a cut, they said. The pitches were often paired with requests for donations.”

In a December interview with Semafor, Santos attempted to fill in a few details about his dramatic rise in income. When he first ran for Congress in 2020 he said he made $55,000 a year. In 2022, “he came into sudden riches, making between $3.5 million and $11.5 million from a company he founded called the Devolder Organization in 2021. He loaned his campaign more than $700,000.”

Santos explained how he made at least some of his money so quickly, offering as an example what he might do if a client wanted to sell a plane or a boat. “I’m not going to go list it and broker it,” Santos told Semafor. “What I will do is I will go look out there within my Rolodex and be like: ‘Hey, are you looking for a plane?’ ‘Are you looking for a boat?’ I just put that feeler out there.” “If you’re looking at a $20 million yacht, my referral fee there can be anywhere between $200,000 and $400,000,” he added.
https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.c ... en-donors/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

The gift that keeps on giving. And no returns or re-gifting permitted.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Santos, Brazilian prosecutors agree to deal in fraud case

Julia Shapero
Fri, March 24, 2023 at 6:14 PM GMT+1

Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) has reached a deal with Brazilian prosecutors to resolve a 15-year-old fraud case, according to CNN.

As part of the agreement, Santos will formally confess to defrauding a Rio de Janeiro clerk of $1,300 in clothes and shoes in 2008 and pay damages to the victim, CNN reported.

Brazilian prosecutors reopened the case in January, about a decade after the case was archived because authorities were unable to locate Santos.

The deal would resolve one of the many investigations facing the embattled freshman lawmaker, who has previously admitted to lying about his background on the 2022 campaign trail and has faced scrutiny over his personal and campaign finances.

Santos’s former roommate, Gustavo Ribeiro Trelha, levied the most recent allegations against the congressman, claiming earlier this month that he orchestrated a credit card skimming operation to steal information from ATMs and credit cards. Santos has denied that he participated in any “criminal activity” when asked about the accusations.

The New York Republican also faces investigations by the House Ethics Committee, the Nassau County district attorney, the New York state attorney general, the Queens district attorney, and reportedly the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of New York, over a wide variety of allegations.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/santos-brazi ... 26667.html
(original: The Hill)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Yeah. The DOJ should only go after Republicans that don't have political bias.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Alternative non-RWNJ version of the fantasist's reasoning: The DOJ has. Had 2+ years to build a strong case against Hunter Biden … they found nothing so clearly Republicans are nasty lying, shit-stirring, assholes.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

CALL TO ACTIVISM @CalltoActivism wrote: You’re not going to believe what George Santos just said.

Santos told reporters he wanted to be at the courthouse and support Trump because “his constituents needed to see that "their representative supports the rule of law.”

No George. If your constituents cared about the rule of law, they wouldn’t have voted for a lying, two-bit conman fraud like you and your criminal president hero who’ll soon be rotting in a prison cell.
https://twitter.com/CalltoActivism/stat ... 6123030540

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

George Takei :verified: 🏳️‍🌈🖖🏽
@georgetakei@universeodon.com
Democrats should make the GOP own this every second between now and the election.

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Santos is not in a position to flaunt. We haven’t heard much about him lately; I’m sure it’s cuz he’s under the scrutiny of…someone.
George Santos, the freshman Republican congressman from New York who lied about his biography, has deeper ties than previously known to a businessman who cultivated close links with a onetime Trump confidant and who is the cousin of a sanctioned Russian oligarch, according to video footage and court documents.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... mbus-nova/

The articles from January. The investigation is ongoing.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

didn't he say he wouldn't run again?

I hope he gets trounced "bigly"
raison de arizona

sad-cafe wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:31 pm didn't he say he wouldn't run again?

I hope he gets trounced "bigly"
He previously said that, repeatedly, but I guess he was lying about that too.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

It's his latest Ponzi scheme, gotta pay for the old grift with new grift $$.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

longer statement
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

No, he didn't win. The person he lied about won. Not the same thing.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

lmao George Santos on Newsmax claims he "work[ed] my butt off to get to where I did honestly." Note that he struggles to get the word "honestly" out.

Return to “Current Politics”