Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Addison Mitchell "Moscow Mitch" McConnell Jr. "Excessive Expectations" "Bleed Out" "Cocaine Mitch" #RichMitch

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Addison Mitchell "Moscow Mitch" McConnell Jr. "Excessive Expectations" "Bleed Out" "Cocaine Mitch" #RichMitch

Post by raison de arizona »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:53 pm He had a hell of a fall!
could you imagine if Biden took a tumble like that? we'd never hear the end of it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:53 pm He had a hell of a fall!
broke ribs along with being concussed.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/ ... r-AA18AgK7
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona

McConnell is not looking good.
Frank Thorp V @frankthorp wrote: Flag: McConnell just stopped abruptly during his opening statement during the gop leadership presser and appeared to be unable to restart talking. He then stepped away and walked away with Barrasso:
More context:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

He returned.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Reporter: Can you address what happened at the start of the press conference and was it related to when you suffered a concussion earlier this year?

McConnell: I’m fine
Full video: https://www.c-span.org/video/?529576-1/ ... can-agenda
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

He's a lot of things, but "fine" isn't one of them. I hope he goes straight to the hospital for an MRI. And I don't even like the guy.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:17 pm McConnell is not looking good.
:snippity:
That'll happen when you try to cover all the bases by praying to both god and satan...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

sad-cafe wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:02 am Somewhere I also read he has MS
I mistakenly had said MS rather than that he had polio, that was my mistake that I posted.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

That moment when you realize how much you screwed the country. :oldman:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

[quoteo=Harry Sisson @harryjsisson]
Amazing. Mitch McConnell told reporters that President Biden called him to make sure he was ok. Isn’t it nice to have a president who cares about people regardless of their party?

President Biden is a good and kind man.[/quote]
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... -rcna96568
WASHINGTON — Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell tripped and fell disembarking from a plane at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport this month, two sources familiar with the incident said.

McConnell, 81, was not seriously hurt, and he was seen later that day at the Capitol, where he interacted with at least one reporter.

The fall, which has not been previously reported, occurred July 14 after the flight out of Washington was canceled while everyone was on board. McConnell, R-Ky., who was a passenger, had a “face plant,” someone who was on the plane at the time but did not witness the fall told NBC News. That passenger also said they spoke to another passenger who helped tend to McConnell.

McConnell has also recently been using a wheelchair as a precaution when he navigates crowded airports, said a source familiar with his practices.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Originally, there was reporting that a ferocious pack of Wiener Dogs were spotted in the hallways of Congress before the incident, but the internet has been wiped of any mention of that.

Nancy Sinatra and I follow each other and she's right.
Nancy Sinatra @NancySinatra 4h
My dad used to say you have to know when to get off.

Quote Tweet Ryan Shead @RyanShead 9h
Mitch McConnell stopped speaking and froze at the podium today.

…he had to be physically walked back behind closed doors.

That man is not well. It’s time to send the folks who have been in D.C. for decades into retirement

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 55m
You're right, Nancy. A bit concerned about who would succeed him. The devil we know or take a chance? I guess either way, all the GOP does is lose & they will fail again in 2024. They've done nothing for Americans but ridiculous & meaningless "culture wars". #LOSERS

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kentucky passed a succession rule that the Democratic Governor must apooint the replacement Senator from a list provided him by Party Officials of the party of the one vacating the seat.

As these party officials are not elected and not government officials, some people question the validity of the new law, passed when McConnel got old and the Governor got Democratic and popular. Kentuncky had been fine with the Governor picking who he darn well wanted for 218 years.

If'n I was Any Beshears I would have my very not on no list pick within an arm's length of Vice President Harris from now on, and should Mitch have an unplanned room temperature assumption, be ready to take the oath and then dare some Judge to unseat a US Senator, which once sworn in I doubt they would, especially with a questionable law as the reason. The Governor still appoints the vacant seat.

Just what I'd do

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm not a doctor but I typed their documents for 30 years. Pretty sure that was a TIA (or mini-stroke). Not that dangerous on their own but they are a harbinger of something more serious in the future.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

He's apparently become a fall risk: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mcconne ... =101712113
castigat ridendo mores.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So he is falling so much he needs a wheelchair, but he has Fox News and his Social Media trolls going around saying Biden is unfit to be in office because he slipped on the stairs once and got his trousers caught on his bike.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Can you imagine the Republican cries if the situation were reversed? If Biden exhibited these symptoms?

Funny how that works.
raison de arizona

As McConnell Tries to Convey Business as Usual, His Future Is in Doubt
The minority leader’s health episode at the Capitol has intensified talk about a possible succession, a prospect that his colleagues have not seriously grappled with for years.

It has been decades since there was any real uncertainty at the top of the Republican Party in the Senate. But Senator Mitch McConnell’s alarming freeze-up at a news conference on Wednesday at the Capitol, as well as new disclosures about other recent falls, have shaken his colleagues and intensified quiet discussion about how long he can stay in his position as minority leader, and whether change is coming at the top.

For months even before he had an apparent medical episode on camera on Wednesday while speaking to the press, Mr. McConnell, the long-serving Republican leader from Kentucky, has been weakened, both physically and politically. The latest incident made those issues glaringly apparent: Mr. McConnell, 81, froze mid-remarks, unable to continue speaking, and appeared disoriented with his mouth shut as his aides and colleagues led him gently away.

Senator John Thune of South Dakota, the No. 2 Republican, quickly stepped in behind the lectern and picked up where Mr. McConnell had left off, in a scene that underscored how the lanky 62-year-old has positioned himself as the leader’s most obvious successor. It was a reminder that no one — even Mr. McConnell, who this year became the longest-serving Senate leader in history — is irreplaceable and raised questions about how long Mr. McConnell could continue to simply gut it out.

Months ago, there seemed to be a developing race to succeed him among Mr. Thune, Senator John Barrasso of Wyoming, the No. 3 Republican, and Senator John Cornyn of Texas, the former whip; they are known around the Capitol as “the three Johns.” But during Mr. McConnell’s extended absence earlier this year following a serious fall, Mr. Thune moved into the position of taking charge of the conference.
:snippity:
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/27/us/p ... icans.html
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:17 pm So he is falling so much he needs a wheelchair, but he has Fox News and his Social Media trolls going around saying Biden is unfit to be in office because he slipped on the stairs once and got his trousers caught on his bike.
oh, but McConnell has a legit reason for using a wheelchair - his childhood polio has made walking difficult, unlike Biden, whose stutter is a sign of "cognitive decline". /snark
He's the "New" FDR....
castigat ridendo mores.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Mitch McConnell’s Colleagues ‘Alarmed’ by Deteriorating Hearing Loss: Report

Dan Ladden-Hall News Correspondent
Published Aug. 14, 2023 7:12AM EDT

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is “plagued by worsening hearing loss” and his colleagues have become concerned about his health, according to Politico. The 81-year-old insisted he was “fine” last month after he appeared to freeze up while speaking to reporters in the Capitol, with reports following soon after that he had suffered a series of falls earlier this year. Politico now reports that McConnell’s colleagues have “grown more alarmed” about his health, with one lawmaker speaking to McConnell’s staff about whether he should consider getting hearing implants. “He was sitting there as the conversation went on around him,” the anonymous colleague said of McConnell’s hearing loss after attending a recent Senate Republican lunch.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mitch-mcc ... t?ref=home
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I was much more concerned when he lost his soul 35 years ago.

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Seems like Addison's determined to stick it out until at least the 2024 elections. As soulless and evil as he's been, Addison has mellowed (for him) and he's the devil we know. If his replacement ends up being a maniac like Josh Hawley or Marco Rubio, it will be even harder to get anything done. Plus Addison hates the Quadfectee, that's really helpful. He screwed up 2020 and 2022 for the GOP, maybe he can orchestrate one last fail. Hope springs eternal :lol:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

You would think, but there is no way anyone else could keep the Republicans together screaming "NO!" Rubio et all would get Republican senator breaking ranks all over the place. McConnell seems to have his icy hands on the shriveled balls of everyone.

If he went, things are more likely to get done as it is very likely that the Republicans would start fighting among themselves in the open.
Hic sunt dracones
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

If they still follow their internal pecking order, John Cornyn would be the next GOP leader in the Senate.
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

New Turtle wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:06 pm If they still follow their internal pecking order, John Cornyn would be the next GOP leader in the Senate.
castigat ridendo mores.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”