Which Republican is More Likely to Be the Nominee & Lose to Biden: Trump or Other GOP Candidate? [Revised Poll]

Which Republican is More Likely to Be the Nominee & Lose to Biden: Trump or Other GOP Candidate?

Trump
83%
DeSantis
No votes
Another Republican (list in comments)
No votes
Doesn't Matter, GOP Loses Again
No votes
Doesn't Matter, GOP Swings Back & Wins
17%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 6

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Which Republican is More Likely to Be the Nominee & Lose to Biden: Trump or Other GOP Candidate? [Revised Poll]

Post by Luke »

OK, this is for Democrats and Independents, just a fun weekend poll.

Who would be better for Joe Biden to run against in 2024? Meaning who would be weaker and more likely to lose?

On the one hand, having to hear the disgraced loser for a year is horrifying. On the other, we're going to hear about him anyway.

During his term, about the only good thing was that he was so incompetent and egotistical he really didn't get much done. I still think we dodged a bullet, a President Marco Rubio or Felito Cruz would have known how to use the levers of power to screw us over a lot harder.

So that brings up the question: Do we want Trump, who seems to have the best shot of losing what will be his fourth election in a row, or take a chance on somebody else? If so, whom?
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

2024 GOP Nominee: Disgraced Loser or Someone Else? [Poll]

Post by Foggy »

Oh, rats. :mad:

I voted who I think will win, not who I want.

I want Trump to stroke out and be unable to run, especially after what the Trumpers said about Fetterman. But fully aware and able to communicate. I want him to be forced to watch the election from the sidelines.

No, from the nosebleed section. :mrgreen:

But I think he will be nominated again for the Republican Party. Satan hates us and does this to keep us on our toes.
:boxing:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Jim

Post by Jim »

I think I'll hold off and wait for more shoes to drop on Trump indictments. I've always said that the pubs are hoping like hell that the dems take care of their Trump problem for them because they're too much a bunch of wimps and so far that seems to be the case to me.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

If they're going to indict Trump, they should hurry. Every day that passes gives him more of a claim that they're interfering with the next election.

I don't think they will indict him. There are few forces in the world more powerful than political cowardice. :mad:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

IDK the pollster here but the question is "who do you think will be..." not "who do you want". Not sure how Felito Cruz ended up in the mix.

This was posted on Bill Mitchell's feed. If you don't follow our BM topic, Bill was the total idiot who couldn't lap up enough Trump in 2016. Absolutely shameless and dopey. Well, now he's totally turned on Trump and gone full DeSantis. His Twitter feed is a lot of laughs, he's making the MAGAts absolutely nuts. https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/with_replies

Funny how The Kuch (Ken Kuccinelli) did the same. The Kuch was a Felito fanboi followed by Trump, now he's opened a DeSantis SuperPAC. Disloyal bastid. :smoking:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Trump. Because he's an asshole and raving lunatic, which is good. He's hated by millions. Joe will beat him again.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I am not sure I understand the nature of this poll Q... Yes/No/Other.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I misunderstood the poll. I voted other because I think DeathSentence will be the 2024 GOP nominee, but the Drumpfster Fire will switch to third party after losing the nomination. Which, in my opinion, is the best result for Dems, so really I answered the question posed, after a fashion, sorta. Maybe.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Trump getting the nom would make him utterly miserable, and Joe would beat him like a basketball.
Hic sunt dracones
tek

Post by tek »

IMHO best case is DeSantis with Trump running as a third party.

Though that might spell trouble for Dems downballot..
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, but the important thing is to nominate a crazy man for the Republican Party.

Take your choice, they're all insane. Haley has no chance, so I say "crazy man".

Maybe Kitara, if'n s/he finally admits to being nonbinary. :towel:
Edit: A split in the Republican Party results in two competing Republican parties, leading to the election of a Democrat. Kind of a reverse 1860. :smoking:
Luke

Post by Luke »

:lol: Kitara 2024 -- the worst of both worlds!

Loomer v Mitchell, now this is what I'm talkin' about :lol: :

Loomer Mitchell.JPG
Loomer Mitchell.JPG (51.88 KiB) Viewed 576 times

Bill's full tweet... ofc he can't stick to the Twitter limit...

Bill Mitchell @mitchellvii
Why am I am I all-in for DeSantis after being one of Trump's most high-profile supporters for the past 6 years?

Many reasons, but the most obvious of all is that we MUST win and after 2020, I do not believe the GOP Establishment will allow Trump to win. They really do hate him that much and it is not only because of his #AmericaFirst policies. They HATE the drama. He embarrasses them with the things he says and does. They feel he lacks class and sophistication.

On the other hand, despite the fact DeSantis represents the same #AmericaFirst policies as Trump, the Establishment finds his style and approach acceptable. He is polished, effective and doesn't find himself in trouble of his own making constantly.

If the Establishment could back an electable candidate who would support their globalist views, they would, but there is no one like that. DeSantis is the ONLY Plan B to Trump.

If Trump wins the nomination, I believe we will lose the White House again. If DeSantis wins, he will win the presidency.

In essence, a vote for Trump in the primaries is a vote for another 4 years of Biden.
1:34 PM · Mar 11, 2023 62.7K Views
STFU Bill! :lol:

He got "ratioed" for his tweet, which means more people commented on it than liked it. I never understood why that makes a lick of difference, but RWers seem to think it's important. MAGAts are very, very angry with Bill.

Luke

Post by Luke »

Who would be better for Joe Biden to run against in 2024? Meaning who would be weaker and more likely to lose? It's a hard question to explain, but the idea is... should Democrats (and many Independents, and even some GOP) be rooting for T**** to get the nomination because he is more likely to lose?

Or would a T**** lite candidate like DeSantis, with no national record or personality, be easier to beat? Or is there a plausable other candidate who could win the nomination and get wiped out? Can't see Tim Scott, Vivek Ramaswamy, Chris Christie, Asa Hutchinson or lol Dr. Shiva getting anywhere near it.

It's just a fun poll and a place to discuss how best to crash the GOP to lose its fourth election in a row and help them keep up their "epic losing streak". Democrats have a shot to crash the GOP presidental nominee, and take the down ballots down with them. T**** is really good at that. In PA, they are already nervous as heck about it.

Here were the results of the previous poll, which was "an inartfully collated, defectively stapled, and misordered collection of pages." :P New Poll is: Which Republican is More Likely to Be the Nominee & Lose to Biden: Trump or Other GOP Candidate?

Poll Results.JPG
Poll Results.JPG (39 KiB) Viewed 477 times

Note: This topic isn't meant to be about Biden, his health, whether he should be running again, etc... that ship has sailed. Now it's about playing the cards we're dealt. At least, that's the idea.
Concerns about Biden’s reelection swamped by fear of Trump in swing voter focus groups
“Whatever the step above panicked is, that is what I feel about Trump,” said one of the voters, who picked Trump in 2016 then Biden in 2020
By Michael Scherer, Emily Guskin and Scott Clement May 22, 2023 at 5:00 a.m. EDT

Nearly all of the 15 gathered swing state voters described feeling negative emotions when they saw President Biden on a television or computer screens — “confused,” “concern,” “worry,” “sad,” “sorry” and even “panicked.” Every single one said they wished Biden and his old Republican foe Donald Trump were not running for reelection. Several offered dire assessments of Biden’s mental and physical capacities, calling him too old or speculating about the possibility of dementia.

But as the focus group moderator steered the conversation to the possibility of a Biden rematch next year with Trump, the mood clearly shifted among these voters, who had all cast a ballot for Trump in 2016 and then Biden in 2020. Nine of the 15 said they would vote again for Biden, three said they would go back to Trump and three said they would either not vote or find a third-party candidate.

Even a 32-year-old recruiting manager from Phoenix, who had described the panic she felt watching Biden, came back into the fold. “Whatever the step above panicked is, that is what I feel about Trump,” said Felicia, a registered Democrat.

The results of two focus groups conducted for The Washington Post by research firms Engagious and Sago echoed research that Democratic strategists have been doing in recent months in preparation for the 2024 presidential campaign. Public polling has shown clear majorities of the American people — including many Democratic-leaning voters — are concerned about Biden’s health and do not want him to run again. But in both focus groups and polling, concerns about another Trump presidency are even greater, leaving Biden in a much better position if the two men meet in a rematch.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... us-groups/

GOP Losers.JPG
GOP Losers.JPG (221.69 KiB) Viewed 477 times

2022 Election Losers.JPG
2022 Election Losers.JPG (52.67 KiB) Viewed 477 times

Here's why I brought this back (and since it's a holiday weekend in the USA)... MAGAts think it's cute to get more on board the more T**** gets indicted, loses in court, or otherwise brings shame on America. JMart just published this long story:
Are The Anti-Trump GOP Forces Starting to Implode?
A mission-control breakdown for DeSantis and smooth launch for Scott bode ill for those hoping to thwart the former president.
‘It turned out to be a mistake’: Botched rollout puts DeSantis on his heels
By JONATHAN MARTIN 05/26/2023 04:30 AM EDT
Jonathan Martin is POLITICO’s politics bureau chief and senior political columnist. His reported column chronicles the inside conversation and big-picture trends shaping politics.

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. — Will this go down as the week that the grand plan to deny Donald Trump the nomination fell apart? For months, high-level Republican lawmakers, donors and strategists eager to block Trump have described, in separate conversations with me, an endgame to the presidential primary.

When it becomes clear in the early state and national polling who is consolidating support, the most influential figures with ties to the lagging candidates will stage a sort of political intervention and tell them it’s time to quit and rally to the strongest alternative to Trump. Such a plot always struck me as a bit far-fetched, for starters because politicians aren’t known for putting party ahead of self. Yet the appetite among elite Republicans to move past Trump was and is so immense I thought there could at least be a do-the-right-thing effort.

Yet as spring turns to summer, traditionally the period when presidential hopefuls consider whether they’re gaining any traction, this vision seems more fantasy than strategy. In fact, if Trump does emerge as the GOP standard bearer next year we will look back on this week to grasp why, just like in 2016, he was able to take advantage of a divided opposition.

There was Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ muffed launch, the fitting, sad trombone conclusion to a preannouncement period in which his stock sagged, at least among political insiders. Nobody was more thrilled about DeSantis’ decision to begin his campaign on a balky Twitter stream than his current and prospective Republican rivals: Trump sees his fellow Floridian as weaker today than at any point since last year’s midterm, and the other non-Trumps are hardly going to step aside anytime soon, even after DeSantis’ eye-popping first fundraising haul.

And if DeSantis needs any more evidence that his giving the Heisman to the press has earned him only bad will, well, he can just take a look at the headlines from a range of outlets. Don’t discount this: Complain as they may about the media, Republican primary voters are just as susceptible to the tides of coverage as their Democratic counterparts.
More: https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... e-00098934

I'm confident the GOP will fu*k it up again, they are doing beautifully so far. This is just to add a few points to the tally. 8-)

Return to “US President”