Hijack This Thread

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Hijack This Thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hubby bought some "pushkey". 370 calories each!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Is that like a jelly roll? It looks yummy, but my doc won't let me eat sugary treats. (I cheat a few times a year with skittles)
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hijack This Thread

Skittles.....yum. :daydreaming:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy »

neonzx wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:40 am Is that like a jelly roll? It looks yummy, but my doc won't let me eat sugary treats. (I cheat a few times a year with skittles)
It does look really good but I can’t eat sugar any more. I’m not diabetic or anything but within a year of having a hysterectomy in 2007 every time I’d eat anything sweet it literally soured in my stomach, it was really bad. What the hell one thing had to do with the other I’ll never know or maybe it was just coincidence. Finally I just had to quit eating anything with sugar in it because it just wasn’t worth it, but seeing yummy stuff like this does make me miss it sometimes. :lovestruck:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

From the FL housing market

neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:16 am From the FL housing market

https://youtu.be/4NRFmaVHJxM
Cost of living in "paradise".

And it is true that since the Surfside condominium collapse, the state has put in place new rules on inspections of any residential condo/apartment 3 stories or higer.

Honestly, Florida is not worth it. Come visit for a vacation or family if you wish, but don't live here 365. I still hear people defending their choice with the "paradise" word. You know what, move to Costa Rica. Cheaper and the food is better.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

Floriduh has maybe the most corrupt state government. Why don’t Floridians care? It’s always a shrug with them.
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:24 am Floriduh has maybe the most corrupt state government. Why don’t Floridians care? It’s always a shrug with them.
I dunno if it is always a shrug with them. Most are transplants-- me late 2009. I thought it was great for the first year (no more ice scrapers or shoveling snow) but then the truth set in. Honestly, if I had the economic means, I'd live in So. Cali over this hellhole of Florida.

But So. Cali is also way too population dense.

Still thinking New Mexico. <== and still a blue state.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

Transplants. That makes sense.

Ice scrapers! I didn’t give mine up for 10 years after I moved to SoCal. I was sure I’d need it! :nope:

I’ve always lived on the LA fringes, the foothills or higher. The traffic during the pandemic was more to my liking :lol: but it’s bothering me badly now. Where were live is not bad. We’re between the county Fairgrounds (and drag strip), a golf course, a small plane airport, and an enormous regional park with a lake. There’s not much traffic here and it’s darker at night than most places.

But the minute I get on the freeway to go anywhere I’m surrounded and stressed.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Hijack This Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

I dumped my ice scrapers when we relocated from Brooklyn to sunny AZ. Did a weekend trip up to the Grand Canyon, there was a big snowstorm and I had no ice scraper! :(
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RVInit

Hijack This Thread

Post by RVInit »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:05 pm Transplants. That makes sense.

Ice scrapers! I didn’t give mine up for 10 years after I moved to SoCal. I was sure I’d need it! :nope:

I’ve always lived on the LA fringes, the foothills or higher. The traffic during the pandemic was more to my liking :lol: but it’s bothering me badly now. Where were live is not bad. We’re between the county Fairgrounds (and drag strip), a golf course, a small plane airport, and an enormous regional park with a lake. There’s not much traffic here and it’s darker at night than most places.

But the minute I get on the freeway to go anywhere I’m surrounded and stressed.
Rick Scott spent millions advertising Florida as a great place to retire. He advertised in areas heavily populated with Tea Party fuckturds. And they all took him up on his offer and moved here.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Hijack This Thread

Post by keith »

I do remember Paczki, though I don't remember the context I had them.

I was born in Detroit, but we moved when I was 6. I don't think I would remember them from there.

I might have to ask my local Polish/Russian Deli about them - they do do something similar they call 'jam donuts' for the Aussies that don't know any better, so maybe that is it.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

Got a couple two-three inches of accumulated winter down here south of the UGB (urban growth boundary). Might have to make it a Netflix Day.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hijack This Thread

SNOW DAY!!!!!!
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Someone *really* needs a spell checker! So many typos.... (I found at least 7)

Taken from:
Paul Walker's "Backyard Church"

This guy has several such lists along with a number of other oddities he's come across in his time as a pastor (Christian album covers, book covers, bumper stickers, tattoos.). You can find links to all of them on the page linked above.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Kriselda Gray »

One more from the same guy (different page)

Sam the Centipede

Hijack This Thread

Post by Sam the Centipede »

The Espisapaians might be a a fun bunch to have a beer with. And probably pizza pie too.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

:crying: ( :sarcasm: )
'It's inhumane. Service dogs get better treatment there': Savannah Chrisley slams fraudster mom Julie's federal Kentucky prison facility - and claims she has 'no heat or fresh air'
  • Savannah slammed the Federal Medical Center Lexington in Kentucky
    The 25-year-old took to her podcast, Unlocked, to argue it 'has no air' for inmates
    Mother Julie, 50, has been locked up since mid-January after a tax fraud scheme
By LILLIAN GISSEN and RAVEN SAUNT FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 16:17 GMT, 21 February 2023 | UPDATED: 20:28 GMT, 21 February 2023

The 25-year-old took to her podcast, Unlocked, to slam the Federal Medical Center Lexington (pictured), Kentucky, arguing that it 'has no air' for those behind bars

Speaking on the latest episode, released on February 14, Savannah told special guest Britney Ruby Miller: 'My mom's in a facility that has no air, but yet there are service dogs for the prison that are in a heated and cooled building because it's inhumane for them not to have air.

'I read an executive order that Biden signed that said all federal inmates must be housed in environmentally-friendly facilities and I'm like, "OK, well, this is completely opposite of that."'

The former TV star also argued that people are unaware of 'how corrupt the system is' until it impacts them.

But the Federal Bureau of Prisons has disputed her claims.

In a statement to FEMAIL, the organization said: 'For privacy, safety, and security reasons, we do not release information on the conditions of confinement for any inmate or group of inmates.

'However, we can share, the Bureau of Prisons' institutions are accredited by the American Correctional Association.

'ACA Standards cover environmental conditions, including temperature and air quality... [and] discusses temperatures in indoor living and work areas appropriate for summer and winter.'

Elsewhere in the podcast episode, Savannah spoke candidly about how seeing her father with gray hair in prison was 'really weird' after he was forced to give up on hair dye behind bars.

etc etc https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... o-air.html
neonzx

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Oh my, the conditions sound horrible! Ima guessing they don't offer a nightly turn-down service and chocolates on the bed pillows either.

Oh, wait. It's jail, not the Marriott.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy »

I encountered a real asshole at Wegmans today. When I got there I parked in a “pull through” which I usually always do if I can so I don’t have to back out. I did my shop was pushing the buggy back to my car and the spot behind it was still empty so I hit the button on my key fob to open the hatchback and just as it was about halfway open a car pulled into the spot behind me so close there may have been 6 inches between the two car bumpers. So I'm standing there with my hatch open, a full buggy and now I can’t even get to the back of the car. Her window was down and I asked politely if she’d mind backing up a few inches so I could get the stuff in the back of my car. Her reply, “well I’m already parked”. Yes I said but I still have to put all this stuff in the back of my car and I can easily do that if you'd just back up a few inches. She had plenty of room to back up. Her car was still running and she gave me a nasty look and said sharply, “FINE, I’ll just go park somewhere else!” I said “a few inches back would be fine but you’re certainly welcome go park somewhere else if you like”, and she backed out and pulled off. What an asshole!
Patagoniagirl

Hijack This Thread

Post by Patagoniagirl »

qbawl

Hijack This Thread

Post by qbawl »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:38 pm Brain eating amoeba in FL.

https://www.livescience.com/brain-eatin ... inus-rinse
This explains a lot!
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Hijack This Thread

Post by Greatgrey »

What makes you think anyone is watching you?

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hijack This Thread

qbawl wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:44 pm
Patagoniagirl wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:38 pm Brain eating amoeba in FL.

https://www.livescience.com/brain-eatin ... inus-rinse
This explains a lot!
:rotflmao:
Reddog

Hijack This Thread

Post by Reddog »

I just found out local university has free tuition for over 65.
Has anyone had any experience about taking undergraduate courses, or something similar later.
My previous classes were mainly science, but I thought about history, economics, or English.

Return to “General Stuff”