Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Patagoniagirl

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Patagoniagirl

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I thought I'd start this by sharing that it was seven years ago that Mister left the earth. He'd be 71 now. It's been seven years and I finally feel ok. I won't have a remembrance of his passing, but on the 28th, I will celebrate his life and birthday.

Weirdly, someone got in touch with me about being students together with him at the University of Wisconsin - Madison. The person inquired whether or not I knew about him being in SDS? Or being arrested for suspicion of setting a fire at a math building. How fucking bizarre!

I don't know if someone was trying to scam me or not. For what, I don't know. If so, interesting. He was a wonderful private public defender. I was his office manager and sexitary 🤪. We took in Mullet, tomatoes and shrimp for payment of legal services. And once, a very old woman gave him a six-pack of PBR a shoplifting case. So, I guess it's not far-fetched that he might have been involved with other weirdo subversives. He was one of a kind.

I think I'm ok now.

And thank you all.
jemcanada2

Patagoniagirl

Post by jemcanada2 »

:bighug: :bighug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Patagoniagirl

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Patagoniagirl

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Patagoniagirl

Post by Slim Cognito »

You’re the best.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Lani

Patagoniagirl

Post by Lani »

Love you :lovestruck:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Patagoniagirl

Post by bill_g »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Patagoniagirl

Post by Foggy »

❤️ ❤️ ❤️
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Suranis

Patagoniagirl

Post by Suranis »

:bighug: :bighug: :knitting: :cheer2: :cheer1:
Hic sunt dracones
MsDaisy
Verified:

Patagoniagirl

Post by MsDaisy »

And you're one of a kind too...also. :bighug:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Patagoniagirl

Post by Kriselda Gray »

June bug

Patagoniagirl

Post by June bug »

:bighug: You know how I loved him! :bighug:

And you too. :bighug: :bighug:
Patagoniagirl

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Weird thoughts today. All my life,ñI feel like I'm judged and valued because I have a vagina.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Patagoniagirl

Post by AndyinPA »

Not really uncommon, I think. I grew up thinking I was responsible for all the sins of the world because I was the same gender as Eve. The treatment of women in most religions and second-class status is why I gradually drifted away from religion. Having to take a religion class in my Catholic women's college was probably the last straw. (I almost said nail.) But I enjoyed the class.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Annrc
Verified:

Patagoniagirl

Post by Annrc »

Take care. I so enjoy reading your posts. :bighug:
realist

Patagoniagirl

Post by realist »

Image X 4
Image X 32
Foggy
Dick Tater

Patagoniagirl

Post by Foggy »

If women aren't equal to men in this great land of ours, it's not because I'm not working on it. I live, think, and breathe in a world dominated by awesome women, including here on Fogbow, where we have the awesomest ladies anywhere.

Having said that, I just posted a sexist joke in the Jokes thread. I'm a polyhedron. :oopsy:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Patagoniagirl

Post by Foggy »

Here's a small (very small) story about the regard in which I hold women, from almost 13 years ago.

I knew I was going to start a new website that would inherit the database of Politijab, and I was trying to think of a name that would work. Justin didn't want it to be anything close to Politijab, which was fair.

I thought of a load of stupid names, before I finally decided to go through my big ass dictionary and look at all the words that start with fog- and that's when I found Fogbow, a word that I previously had no idea even existed. But I thought it was kind of cool, so I posted about it, this was before I paid for the domain name or anything.

And the guys on Politijab didn't like it at all. Pee yoo, yuk, Foggy. :sick: That stinks. Sucks. Don't call us Fogbow!

But the ladies here were very positive. They liked it.

And for all that we still live in a patriarchal society and women legitimately feel the way Patagoniagirl describes above, I'm old enough to know that if the ladies liked the name Fogbow, then it was going to be a success, because the guys would come around, like we always, always do.

So we're Fogbow, because of the women. :towel:

Sisterhood is powerful.
p0rtia

Patagoniagirl

Post by p0rtia »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:50 am Weird thoughts today. All my life,ñI feel like I'm judged and valued because I have a vagina.
Pretty sure that's not why I value you so highly. <3

Too also, I like to think of our species our finest moments involve science and art and sometimes great compassion; other than that, we're fire ants.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Patagoniagirl

Post by Slim Cognito »

(No offense guys, this doesn't apply to any men I've interacted with here on the 'bow)
but, many a time, especially on a night out with the girls, I've mused how the hell civilization managed to evolve with men in charge.

It's my turn to show myself out,
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater

Patagoniagirl

Post by Foggy »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:46 pm ... how the hell civilization managed to evolve with men in charge.
Some of us were gay. :lol:

Fair question whether we have really built a civilization, on account of how it's looking a bit creaky of late.

:oldman:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Patagoniagirl

Post by Phoenix520 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:46 pm (No offense guys, this doesn't apply to any men I've interacted with here on the 'bow)
but, many a time, especially on a night out with the girls, I've mused how the hell civilization managed to evolve with men in charge.

It's my turn to show myself out,
Were we going?

You’re definitely not the lone stranger with this thought. ;)
Foggy
Dick Tater

Patagoniagirl

Post by Foggy »

North Cackilacki is so backwards, we still have a Wake County Democratic Men's Club and a Wake County Democratic Women's Club. :blackeye:

Only the Women's Club really discriminates. Some of the recent presidents of the Men's Club have been women, but men are not even allowed to vote in the Women's Club. And no man is allowed to serve as an officer.

When I showed up here in late 2002, I started going to the various functions and became secretary of the Men's Club. Only about 5 of the guys ever did anything other than show up for the monthly meetings. Our big annual fundraiser event was held in a crappy little bar downtown, with a rolling cart of mostly vegetable hors d'oeuvres, and I won a XXXL t-shirt in the reverse raffle. :roll: About 30 people showed up, mostly for a brief visit. It was embarrassing, I was a little shocked how tawdry the whole thing was.

Then I went to the big annual fundraiser for the Women's Club, which was held in a giant ballroom at the Hilton, with linen tablecloths and fancy floral arrangements at every table, and I want to tell you, every aspiring Democratic politician in the state, male or female, was there to be seen. Big national speaker, it was an awesome event.

The difference was so enormous, I went away thinking, "How the hell did men even run the Democratic Party before the women were allowed to vote?"
:confuzzled: :think:

It must have been a mess, is what.
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Patagoniagirl

Post by Slarti the White »

Hope you had a good day celebrating your Mister's birthday yesterday! From what you've told me and shared here he seems like a great guy. I'm glad that you are able to enjoy the memory of your time together. It can be hard to cherish what we had rather than regretting its ending, but it's worth it. Wishing you many more years of keeping your love for your Mister alive!

Patagoniagirl

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Slarti the White wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:05 pm Hope you had a good day celebrating your Mister's birthday yesterday! From what you've told me and shared here he seems like a great guy. I'm glad that you are able to enjoy the memory of your time together. It can be hard to cherish what we had rather than regretting its ending, but it's worth it. Wishing you many more years of keeping your love for your Mister alive!

I love most all of the Fogmen. I think you all get it. I am not anti-man. I am anti misogynistic people. Women can be misogynistic too. We are fortunate to have so many enlightened (read: decent humanistic men) here.

I don't mind the occasional funny jokes and memes...I make them about men too. It's all about valuing others regardless of their private parts, or their places in this world. Decency and kindness in regard to those human relationships.

I just don't understand why I can't have close relationships with men without the eventual gripping and insisting on intimate relationships! I'm done with that. FFS. I've met two men in the last few years that I found interesting and fun. But it always somes down to sex with them and when I explain I am not interested, ghosts. Which is a relief, actually.

Am I selfish that I don't want to care about someone else who becomes Ill and I end up caring and almost dying from grief. I can't do this again.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”