Biden & Zelensky

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Biden & Zelensky

Post by neonzx »

And today's events are bad for Biden because [x].
Kendra

Biden & Zelensky

Post by Kendra »

:bighug: Love MIchael Steele.
Kendra

Biden & Zelensky

Post by Kendra »

neonzx

Biden & Zelensky

Post by neonzx »

Kendra

Biden & Zelensky

Post by Kendra »

Helluva contrast.
Kendra

Biden & Zelensky

Post by Kendra »

In Kyiv, Peremogy Avenue and Lesya Ukrainka Boulevard are closed this morning for a long motorcade which is rushing through the streets
pipistrelle

Biden & Zelensky

Post by pipistrelle »

Great tie, Joe.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Biden & Zelensky

Post by RTH10260 »

US informed Russia of Joe Biden’s Kyiv visit hours before departure
Details emerge of how White House planned ‘unprecedented’ visit and meeting with Volodymyr Zelenskiy

Peter Beaumont in Kyiv and Julian Borger in Warsaw
Mon 20 Feb 2023 22.34 GMT

The White House notified the Kremlin of Joe Biden’s intention to visit Kyiv hours before he departed for Ukraine, it has been revealed, as the details began to emerge of how the US president pulled off his high-profile diplomatic coup.

Meticulously planned over several months by a tight circle of key advisers, Biden’s visit was described as “unprecedented in modern times” by his national security adviser, Jake Sullivan, on the grounds that it was the first time a US president had visited “the capital of the country at war where the United States military does not control the critical infrastructure”.

“We did notify the Russians that President Biden will be travelling to Kyiv,” Sullivan said. “We did so some hours before his departure for deconfliction purposes, and because of the sensitive nature of those communications I won’t get into how they responded or what the precise nature of our message was, but I can confirm that we provided that notice.”

The US informed Moscow to avoid any misunderstanding or misjudgment between the two nuclear-armed powers, according to accounts from Washington.

Biden crossed into Ukraine at about 10pm on Sunday night, having quietly boarded a train in the Polish town of Przemyśl. His motorcade pulled up alongside his carriage allowing him to board unseen. His security detail took up most of the train’s eight carriages.

According to a pool reporter on board, the journey through the night was uneventful with a few stops, at least one of which was to take on additional security guards. The train arrived at Kyiv-Pasazhyrskyi station at 8am on Monday.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... n-war-zone
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Biden & Zelensky

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:50 pm
Volkonski wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:20 pm After landing Biden took a 10 hour train trip to get to Kyiv. :o
:o they let him travel without The Beast?

But then the roads may not be suitable, I remember that The Beast got stuck in Rome when exiting the US embassy...
As an afterthought - remember Malaysia Airways flight MH17 got shot down by rogue elements? Airforce One would have been in the reach even if Putin would have ordered a temporary stand down.
Lani

Biden & Zelensky

Post by Lani »

I woke up last night. The tv was on, and there was Biden in Kyiv with Zelensky. A little later, there was film of the two men walking in Kyiv despite the warning sirens. Msnbc & Cnn people were chattering. They didn't have much to say. Obviously info was limited for safety. The White House wasn't going to give away where they would be.

Then B&Z were in another building greeting people, all of whom were had big grins. Next - more walking. It was very emotional.

When I went to back to sleep, I thought Biden was heading out of Ukraine. But when I woke up, I learned about his visit to the church.

Obviously, his visit gave hope to people living in the horror of war. Well done, President Biden.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
tek

Biden & Zelensky

Post by tek »

Bah!

I'm told he should have been in Ohio handing out paper towels!
neonzx

Biden & Zelensky

Post by neonzx »

tek wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:45 am Bah!

I'm told he should have been in Ohio handing out paper towels!
No worries. tfg will be tossing paper towels tomorrow in E. Palestine, Ohio. :dance:

(honestly, I don't think that trip is going to happen)
neonzx

Biden & Zelensky

Post by neonzx »

Pretty sure the heads-up the US gave Russia was a diplomatically worded warning of F*ck Around and Find Out.
New Turtle

Biden & Zelensky

Post by New Turtle »

neonzx wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:02 am Pretty sure the heads-up the US gave Russia was a diplomatically worded warning of F*ck Around and Find Out.
Also could have been done via back channels and no one wants to confirm those exist.
pipistrelle

Biden & Zelensky

Post by pipistrelle »

How many Ronny and other tweeters have been talking about Joe's purported dementia today?
Lani

Biden & Zelensky

Post by Lani »

Not sure where to post this. Since his visit to Ukraine, Biden is in Poland. This is his statement there.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?526169-1/ ... start=1679

You can skip to https://www.c-span.org/video/?526169-1/ ... start=1679
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
neonzx

Biden & Zelensky

Post by neonzx »

Lani wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:29 am Not sure where to post this. Since his visit to Ukraine, Biden is in Poland. This is his statement there.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?526169-1/ ... start=1679

You can skip to https://www.c-span.org/video/?526169-1/ ... start=1679
Thanks, Lani!

Certainly doesn't come across as someone senile or suffering from dementia. No one could pull off a speech like that if they were.

:towel:

Return to “Biden Administration”