somerset

trump spawn

Post by somerset »

Kendra wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:37 pm
Uday and Qusay are starting to look more alike
Kendra

trump spawn

Post by Kendra »

The Great Patriot, who has sacrificed so much in service to his country, chimes in with the MAGA talking point du jour.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

trump spawn

Post by neonzx »

Of course, because Biden has the special training skills to cleanup a toxic disaster, he should be in Palistine Ohio to lend his expertise.

Stuck on stupid some people are.
humblescribe
Verified:

trump spawn

Post by humblescribe »

Once their sperm donor has a date with Charon to ferry him across the Styx, will these imbeciles go away quietly? Just fade away? Pretty please??
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

trump spawn

Post by Frater I*I »

humblescribe wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:53 pm Once their sperm donor has a date with Charon to ferry him across the Styx, will these imbeciles go away quietly? Just fade away? Pretty please??
I don't think that would happen, Charon requires payment....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
humblescribe
Verified:

trump spawn

Post by humblescribe »

Perhaps some classified files with a number of autographed souvenir MAGA caps might suffice?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Gregg

trump spawn

Post by Gregg »

Wasn't there some civilization where they buried the master's servants with him, to do his bidding in the afterlife? I would be in favor of using taxpayer money for that.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

trump spawn

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

trump spawn

Post by Kendra »

Junior says now that Tucker has all the J6 footage we will be able to find out if federal agents instigated the whole thing like he believes.
Frater I*I

trump spawn

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:37 pm Wasn't there some civilization where they buried the master's servants with him, to do his bidding in the afterlife? I would be in favor of using taxpayer money for that.
I think that was the Egyptians....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump spawn

Post by AndyinPA »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:56 pm
Gregg wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:37 pm Wasn't there some civilization where they buried the master's servants with him, to do his bidding in the afterlife? I would be in favor of using taxpayer money for that.
The Chinese? Egyptians for sure.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

trump spawn

Post by neonzx »

STOP YELLING -- my audiologist says it's harmful to my childhood damaged hearing.

Yelling does not make your argument more compelling, Jr.
Frater I*I

trump spawn

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:21 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:56 pm :snippity:

Don't know about the Chinese, but they do get to go into the netherworld with a clay army :biggrin:

Trent Reznor
Azastan
Verified:

trump spawn

Post by Azastan »

The ancient Egyptians used shabti, which were mummiform figurines. The shabti were used as servants, so that the important person would not have to perform anything dirty, dangerous, or unseemly.

But they didn't bury actual humans with the 'master'.
Dave from down under

trump spawn

Post by Dave from down under »

Iirc some Euro-Asia did bury slaves (etc) with kings

Ghenghis Khan supposedly

According to Marco Polo, who arrived in Mongolia about 60 years later, soldiers accompanying the procession killed everyone they encountered, as well as some 2,000 servants, 40 horses and 40 "moonlike virgins" who were allegedly buried with the Khan to keep him company in the next world
much ado

trump spawn

Post by much ado »

Ritual burial sacrifice was fairly widespread in ancient cultures.

Egypt:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_E ... sacrifices
Ancient Egyptian retainer sacrifice is a type of human sacrifice in which pharaohs and occasionally other high court nobility would have servants killed after the pharaohs' deaths to continue to serve them in the afterlife. In Egypt, retainer sacrifice only existed during the First Dynasty, from about 3100 BC to 2900 BC, slowly dwindling, and eventually dying out.
China and Mesoamerica:

https://sites.psu.edu/kerenw/?p=102
Human sacrifice refers to the practice of ritual killing of human beings as offerings to divine patrons, ancestors, or other superhuman forces. While the phenomenon of ritual human killings have been present in many societies throughout history, the types of human sacrifice that were practiced by ancient Chinese and pre-Colombian Mesoamerican cultures, which were exceptional in terms of the sheer number of people sacrificed, the frequency at which it was done, and the high degree of formalization of their sacrificial rituals. Large-scale, systematic human sacrifice functioned as important political and religious spectacles in Shang dynasty.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

trump spawn

Post by keith »

I don't think Egyptians buried 'human' servants. They buried 'dolls' to be used as servants in the afterlife. They did bury animals however.

Indian Hindus practiced 'suttee' (or 'sati') where the wife sacrifices herself on her husband's funeral pyre) well into the 20th century. Officially banned in the late 1980's it has still not been entirely eliminated.

The Maya and the Aztecs did it.

I recall a grave somewhere (mesopotamia I think) that contained, in addition to a chariot and horses to pull it with, many human servants apparently buried alive. But I can't for the life of me remember where. I guess I'll have to go check "The Masks Of God" again.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
much ado

trump spawn

Post by much ado »

keith wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:16 am I don't think Egyptians buried 'human' servants. They buried 'dolls' to be used as servants in the afterlife. They did bury animals however.
There are many sources that state that ritual sacrifice was practiced by the earliest of the ancient Egyptians.

For example...

http://www.ancient-egypt.org/from-a-to- ... ifice.html
Retainer sacrifice

At the royal cemetery of Umm el-Qa'ab, the tombs of the 1st Dynasty kings from Aha to Qa'a are accompanied by subsidiary burials. These burials are arranged in rows or blocks either extending from the royal tomb, as was the case with Aha, or surrounding it. The position of the subsidiary tombs compared to the royal tomb is believed to reflect the relationship of their occupants to the king during life.

Several tombs were found to contain skeletal remains. The analysis of some remains found in the subsidiary graves of Aha's tomb has shown that none of the individuals buried there was older than 25 years. This suggests that each of them may have been chosen to be buried along with the king.

From the time of Djet onwards, the owners of the subsidiary tombs would often be identified. Exceptionally, their name was painted in red ink on the south wall of their grave, but mostly it would be inscribed on a small stela that was placed in the tomb. This identification sometimes included a title. Thus we learn that a “royal sealbearer" was buried adjacent to Qa'a.
The most elaborate stela, also found in a grave next to Qa'a's burial chamber, belonged to a man named Sabef. On the stela, he is represented standing and holding a long stick, the usual posture of a high official . From his titulary, we see that he was “Keeper of the Tomb" of Qa'a and of the palace. He was also a priest and “Keeper of the Secrets and Decrees", a confident of the king.

Some of the people in the tombs next to their king were thus not nameless, anonymous people but individuals with a very distinct relationship to the king. At least a number of them were high officials.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

trump spawn

Post by keith »

much ado wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:27 am
keith wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:16 am I don't think Egyptians buried 'human' servants. They buried 'dolls' to be used as servants in the afterlife. They did bury animals however.
There are many sources that state that ritual sacrifice was practiced by the earliest of the ancient Egyptians.

For example...

http://www.ancient-egypt.org/from-a-to- ... ifice.html
Retainer sacrifice

At the royal cemetery of Umm el-Qa'ab, the tombs of the 1st Dynasty kings from Aha to Qa'a are accompanied by subsidiary burials. These burials are arranged in rows or blocks either extending from the royal tomb, as was the case with Aha, or surrounding it. The position of the subsidiary tombs compared to the royal tomb is believed to reflect the relationship of their occupants to the king during life.

Several tombs were found to contain skeletal remains. The analysis of some remains found in the subsidiary graves of Aha's tomb has shown that none of the individuals buried there was older than 25 years. This suggests that each of them may have been chosen to be buried along with the king.

From the time of Djet onwards, the owners of the subsidiary tombs would often be identified. Exceptionally, their name was painted in red ink on the south wall of their grave, but mostly it would be inscribed on a small stela that was placed in the tomb. This identification sometimes included a title. Thus we learn that a “royal sealbearer" was buried adjacent to Qa'a.
The most elaborate stela, also found in a grave next to Qa'a's burial chamber, belonged to a man named Sabef. On the stela, he is represented standing and holding a long stick, the usual posture of a high official . From his titulary, we see that he was “Keeper of the Tomb" of Qa'a and of the palace. He was also a priest and “Keeper of the Secrets and Decrees", a confident of the king.

Some of the people in the tombs next to their king were thus not nameless, anonymous people but individuals with a very distinct relationship to the king. At least a number of them were high officials.
OK, yeah. I've since found a source that says it did occur during the first dynasty.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Gregg

trump spawn

Post by Gregg »

So, we can bury all these phucktwaddle children with him when he assumes ambient temperature?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
tek

trump spawn

Post by tek »

Gregg wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:40 am So, we can bury all these phucktwaddle children with him when he assumes ambient temperature?
My thoughts exactly. Maybe even before, just to get the process down.
noblepa

trump spawn

Post by noblepa »

Well, in at least one case, the Chinese buried thousands of terra cotta soldiers to protect the emporer.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”