Hijack This Thread

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Jimmy Carter is a national treasure

Post by raison de arizona »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:22 pm Everybody loves Jimmy Carter. Except Republicans. His name is a four letter word to them. Everybody that matters loves Jimmy Carter.
https://twitter.com/45needstogo1/status ... 9921969153
Michael Brown @45needstogo1 wrote: Jimmy Carter got on our plane and was seated in first-class. Got up before the plane left and shook every single hand on the plane and thanked everybody. The plane erupted in Applause and tears it was awesome
drew hinshaw @drewhinshaw wrote: My dad, who died last month, was a freelance camera man. He shot interviews with many celebrities—the Dalai Lama, Monica Lewinsky, Gorbachev, Ludacris, Jane Goodall, many more. Exactly one took the time to learn his name, strike up a yearslong relationship. Deeply appreciate this
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Do you think when Jimmy Carter takes leave of us tfg will show up? -- will he even be invited?

Great guy. Great human.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

I was on a bus tour in Iceland one time, and the tour guide brought up Jimmy Carter. A jerk sitting near the front of the bus chimed in, "Jimmy Carter. You want him. You can have him." The tour guide and the bus driver turned around and looked at him as if he had suddenly grown a third eye in the middle of his forehead. :fingerwag:

We don't always see ugly Americans on our travels, but I've seen more than a few, and he was definitely one of them.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Hijack This Thread

Post by Frater I*I »

neonzx wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:45 pm Do you think when Jimmy Carter takes leave of us tfg will show up? -- will he even be invited?

Great guy. Great human.
I fell bad that when I got to meet him that I was more interested in trying to get the SS guy to show me his sub-machine gun rather than the former POTUS...but hey I was in the sixth grade so... :shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
p0rtia

Hijack This Thread

Post by p0rtia »

Okay, I'm in:

I have blue eyes
My sister has green eyes
My brother has brown eyes
My father had hazel eyes
My mother had one blue eye and one green eye.

My brother-in-law the geneticist says that this isn't at all odd; that eye color is not about dominancy or latency or anything else. I forget the details.
raison de arizona

Hijack This Thread

neonzx wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:16 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:09 pm
neonzx wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:37 am So how many of your sportsball crazy-fanatics got suckered by the TubiTV ad? :biggrin: :lol: :rotflmao: Apparently it pissed a lot of people off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBM0Z3B8OVQ
It was annoying as shit, worse than setting off Alexa. Two thumbs way down.
:lol: But you will remember it, and you will remember Tubi. And that's all an ad has to do. 8-)
Dodged a bullet, sounds like.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

I wasn’t even really watching closely, but when the commercial came on I said ‘hey what’s going on?’ Mr looked at me, eyes wide. ‘Wasn’t me.’

We had not two minutes earlier signed up for tubi and I thought it had taken over our broadcast. :lol:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Hijack This Thread

Post by keith »

If that breakup story is true, that lady should be thanking tubi for getting her out of the relationship before she ended up in hospital.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

:yeahthat:
raison de arizona

Hijack This Thread

42933DB1-23AF-4D58-87E1-851368D7018C.jpeg
42933DB1-23AF-4D58-87E1-851368D7018C.jpeg (238.36 KiB) Viewed 642 times
Rugged Mars has taken big bites out of the Curiosity rover's wheels (photos)
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

When will the DMV force the NASA to replace them ? ;)
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Hijack This Thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

keith wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:30 pm If that breakup story is true, that lady should be thanking tubi for getting her out of the relationship before she ended up in hospital.
Agree. I admired her for acting on it by leaving. I was also appalled that her parents wanted her to resume the relationship! [I had a client whose significant other was physically abusive. They had a child together. Her parents (wonderful people who didn't understand abuse dynamics) encouraged her to co-parent with him. :cantlook:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/feral-cows ... ew-mexico/
A helicopter with a shooter will fly over a portion of the vast Gila Wilderness in southwestern New Mexico next week, searching for feral cows to kill.

U.S. Forest Service managers approved the plan Thursday to protect sensitive spots in the nation's first designated wilderness area. The move sets the stage for legal challenges over how to handle unbranded livestock and other stray cows as drought deepens in the West.

The Gila National Forest issued the decision amid pressure from environmental groups who raised concerns about nearly 150 cattle whose hooves and mouths are damaging streams and rivers. Ranchers, meanwhile, have criticized the plan to shoot cows from a helicopter as animal cruelty. They said the action violates federal regulations and will be problematic when carcasses are left to rot.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Flatpoint High wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:05 pm https://www.cbsnews.com/news/feral-cows ... ew-mexico/
Ranchers, meanwhile, have criticized the plan to shoot cows from a helicopter as animal cruelty. They said the action violates federal regulations and will be problematic when carcasses are left to rot.
I don't recall hearing ranchers complaining that shooting wolves from helicopters is animal cruelty...
pipistrelle

Hijack This Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:29 pm
Flatpoint High wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:05 pm https://www.cbsnews.com/news/feral-cows ... ew-mexico/
Ranchers, meanwhile, have criticized the plan to shoot cows from a helicopter as animal cruelty. They said the action violates federal regulations and will be problematic when carcasses are left to rot.
I don't recall hearing ranchers complaining that shooting wolves from helicopters is animal cruelty...
You beat me to it. They love hunting from copters. And these are unbranded cattle. Where's the beef?

Carcasses shouldn't rot for long. I'll bet there are coyotes and scavenger birds around.
jemcanada2

Hijack This Thread

Post by jemcanada2 »

My dad had Irish ancestry and had brown eyes. My mum had Scottish ancestry and had green eyes. My 3 sisters and I all have green eyes.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by jcolvin2 »

My sister and I both have green eyes. My father had green eyes (motley American mix - about half Irish), and my mother also had green eyes (100% Czech). So we hit both the Central European and Irish genetic reservoirs for green eye genes.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

This should probably go in one of the sportsball threads but then half of you wouldn’t see it.

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Restored Paris art deco public loo worth every penny of €2 charge
Lavatory de la Madeleine, opened in 1905, has been closed for 12 years but has been renovated to full belle époque glory

Kim Willsher in Paris
Sat 18 Feb 2023 05.00 GMT

Paris authorities promise it will be worth every penny spent renovating France’s first ever public convenience.

The Lavatory de la Madeleine, a belle époque jewel that opened in 1905, will cost €2 (£1.80) to use when it reopens on Monday.

It was fitted out in art deco style with the finest materials: varnished mahogany woodwork, stained-glass windows, ornate ceramics, mosaics, brass taps and floor to ceiling tiles and has been listed as a historic building since 2011 when it closed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... f-2-charge
Volkonski
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Volkonski »

So it now costs €2 to "spend a penny"? :lol:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RVInit

Hijack This Thread

Post by RVInit »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:54 pm This should probably go in one of the sportsball threads but then half of you wouldn’t see it.

Not sure I can continue to read certain Fogbow posts. For some reason after I read some of them my room gets awfully, awfully dusty.

:lovestruck:
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

KANSAS: “I planned to oppose this bill — but I support it… with this we can promote our leftist agenda to our targeted students without any administrative oversight.” (and make +$100K/yr!!!)

A mom/teacher uses reverse psychology to expose the GOP scheme to dismantle public schools.
@GovBillLee

AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup: :faint:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Hijack This Thread

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:35 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:29 pm
You beat me to it. They love hunting from copters. And these are unbranded cattle. Where's the beef?

Carcasses shouldn't rot for long. I'll bet there are coyotes and scavenger birds around.
It's celebrated even, from The Truth About Guns: The Joy of Shooting From a Helicopter

And IIRC Sarah Palin was into it and talked it up as well.
Volkonski
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Volkonski »

George Takei :verified: 🏳️‍🌈🖖🏽
@georgetakei@universeodon.com
Today is the Day of Remembrance for the Japanese American community. 81 years ago today, when I was just a boy of four, FDR signed Executive Order 9066, setting in motion the evacuation of people of Japanese descent from the West Coast and our long years of internment inside ten barbed wire prison camps.

We must never let such a thing happen again in America, and and we must strive everywhere to prevent the forced relocation and mass incarceration of innocent people. #NeverForget
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “General Stuff”