X -Where Twitter goes to die.

Jim

Twitter

Post by Jim »

Foggy wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:37 pm Yeah, on the bright side, when Musk gets down to just one remaining employee, he will know for sure who is shadow-banning him.

And then that dude is fired, too also! :banana:
If'n I was a Twit employee, I'd be job hunting ASAP and get the heck outta there.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

Jim wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:58 pm
Foggy wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:37 pm Yeah, on the bright side, when Musk gets down to just one remaining employee, he will know for sure who is shadow-banning him.

If'n I was a Twit employee, I'd be job hunting ASAP and get the heck outta there.
I'm pretty sure by now those with in-demand skill-sets have already left. The abuse by Elmo is insane.
Now we have the remainders.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

I'm old enough to remember when people didn't like the way Jack was running the site. :bored:

Are they really going to break Tweetdeck, when Twitter owns Tweetdeck?

That's :crazy:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

Twitter founder Jack Dorsey weighs in on the Twitter outage. On Nostr.
ECCDFB29-0FEC-4821-9E20-F7C988046263.png
ECCDFB29-0FEC-4821-9E20-F7C988046263.png (64.71 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

I said that a couple months ago when it became immediately apparent he has no clue and no plan, and not a lot upstairs.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Phoenix520 »

No plan? THIS was always his plan, to destroy Twitter ASAP.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Twitter

Post by Frater I*I »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:18 pm No plan? THIS was always his plan, to destroy Twitter ASAP.
Survey says!!!!! :winner:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neonzx

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:18 pm No plan? THIS was always his plan, to destroy Twitter ASAP.
Well, he walked in with a vanity sink. Sorta a plan?? :confuzzled:
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Twitter

Post by Slarti the White »

neonzx wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:25 pm
Well, he walked in with a vanity sink. Sorta a plan?? :confuzzled:
At least a stunt. Too. also, he clearly has plenty of vanity...
FiveAcres

Twitter

Post by FiveAcres »

neonzx wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:27 pm

I'm pretty sure by now those with in-demand skill-sets have already left. The abuse by Elmo is insane.
I've seen speculation that a large percentage of the remaining engineers are from other countries in the USA on visas. Since they can't quit working for Twitter without going to another employer who has open visa slots, they are essentially stuck, especially with the big tech companies doing layoffs right now, instead of hiring.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
somerset

Twitter

Post by somerset »

FiveAcres wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:29 am
neonzx wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:27 pm

I've seen speculation that a large percentage of the remaining engineers are from other countries in the USA on visas. Since they can't quit working for Twitter without going to another employer who has open visa slots, they are essentially stuck, especially with the big tech companies doing layoffs right now, instead of hiring.
I don't know if "large percentage" is accurate, but the number isn't small. According to this source ( https://www.immihelp.com/h1b-visa-top-s ... 2-overall/ ), Twitter had 422 H1b visa holders in 2022, down from 465 in 2021. Twitter's current headcount is about 2,300, but I couldn't find the number of H1b holders current as of Jan 2023.
raison de arizona

Twitter

What a twit. Tweets complain about Musk unblocking himself and taking over people's "For You" tab. Apparently the remaining engineers saw the writing on the wall after he fired the last batch for him not getting enough reach, and they've amped his signal up to compensate. I'll leave what he is compensating for to the reader.
Wagatwe Wanjuki 🇰🇪 🇧🇸 @wagatwe wrote: OMG it happened. the algorithm was updated to boost Elon's tweets 😭 I've seen complaints all day
melinda @melwedde wrote: I had him blocked & it unblocked him
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

:talktothehand: Elmo had his ego bruised because users blocked him and so thew a tantrum over it to his engineers.

Gosh, I am tired of this crybaby. :talktothehand:
Danraft

Twitter

Post by Danraft »

Yes, I had Elon show up in my notifications (where normally it is about replies, etc), so I tapped see less of this.i already had him blocked. I don’t want to see his tantrums. Is used to do an Elon search and realized it made him be promoted…
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

44 billion to pacify his ego
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

Can't buy me love 🎵
raison de arizona

Twitter

I don't know if it's for everyone or what, but all the Twitter links I get now no longer have any tracking info attached. Although I strip those anyway, because I'm a jerk and screw Twitter, they are an important metric to uh, keep track of stuff. Yo. Dunno who is sailing the ship there, but an interesting development.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Re:Musk - Wow. That's an ego.
raison de arizona

Twitter

Tracking info back on. Weird.
neonzx

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

Elmo wants his $8 if you wish to use 2-factor login security.

Twitter to charge users to secure accounts via text message
https://www.reuters.com/technology/twit ... 023-02-18/
Feb 17 (Reuters) - Twitter said on Friday it will allow only paid subscribers to use text messages as a two-factor authentication (2FA) method to secure their accounts.

After March 20, "only Twitter Blue subscribers will be able to use text messages as their two-factor authentication method," the company tweeted. :snippity:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

Is this a hacker challenge to break into less secured accounts :?:

ps. with staff cuts all over, I would not be astonished that hacking might go undetected cause noone is in place to follow up on the indications in time.
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

Brilliant. Hope my bank doesn't get wind of this.
Volkonski
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Volkonski »

GrayGooGirl 🏳️‍🌈
@graygoogirl@mastodon.social
Watching Twitter fail into nothingness is like watching an old friend slowly lose their mental capacites. It hurts, this friend had some problems, but they helped spread the word about artists, independent journalists, mom and pop shops... Now they just sit in their recliner in the dark, wondering why their friends don't call anymore.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

I think he fucked it up again. I've been having real issues in my notifications trying to click on tweets people have liked. Instead of going to the tweet itself it now goes to the profile of the person who liked the tweet. Very annoying.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Volkonski
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Volkonski »

New York Times

Breaking News: Twitter is said to have laid off at least 200 more workers. The platform now employs less than 2,000, down from 7,500 when Elon Musk took over.

https://nyti.ms/3ZlDRhJ
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”