Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Here's why FILL IN THE BLANK is bad for Joe Biden

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
RVInit

Here's why X is bad for Joe Biden

Post by RVInit »

And, by the way, I like siracha. That must certainly be bad for Biden.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

And yet, there are seemingly-intelligent people who buy into that shit. We’ve seen the evidence.
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Why is the commentary Trump v Biden ?
Why not about a solution ?
This guy did this. That guy did that. Neither did squat. Both did squat.
Neither has solved the problem.
Your comments represent what’s wrong, taking sides, where’s the problem solving part of our system?
When do we hold the folks in charge accountable ?

Fox, MNBC, all selling to their masses. Bull !!!!!!!!

Apologies for the rant but you’re all full of yourselves.
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

. Provisional data from CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics indicate that there were an estimated 100,306 drug overdose deaths in the United States during 12-month period ending in April 2021, an increase of 28.5% from the 78,056 deaths during the same period the year before.

The new data documents that estimated overdose deaths from opioids increased to 75,673 in the 12-month period ending in April 2021, up from 56,064 the year before. Overdose deaths from synthetic opioids (primarily fentanyl) and psychostimulants such as methamphetamine also increased in the 12-month period ending in April 2021. Cocaine deaths also increased, as did deaths from natural and semi-synthetic opioids (such as prescription pain medication).

The provisional data presented in this visualization include: the reported and predicted (estimated) provisional counts of deaths due to drug overdose occurring nationally and in each jurisdiction; a U.S. map of the percentage changes in provisional drug overdose deaths for the current 12-month ending period compared with the 12-month period ending in the same month of the previous year, by jurisdiction; and the reported and predicted provisional counts of drug overdose deaths involving specific drugs or drug classes occurring nationally and in selected jurisdictions.

The reported and predicted provisional counts represent the numbers of deaths due to drug overdose occurring in the 12-month periods ending in the month indicated. These counts include all seasons of the year and are insensitive to variations by seasonality. Deaths are reported by the jurisdiction in which the death occurred.

The interactive web dashboard is available at: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/drug ... e-data.htm.
Trump’s fault, Biden’ fault? Who cares ? Fix it !!!!!!!!
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

This is not the same problem.
During a briefing with reporters Thursday, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said it was "unequivocally false that fentanyl is being brought to the United States by non-citizens encountered in between the ports of entry who are making claims of credible fear and seeking asylum."

"The vast, vast majority is sought to be smuggled through the ports of entry and tractor-trailer trucks and passenger vehicles," Mayorkas added.

While successful fentanyl smuggling rates aren't calculated by the government, seizures of fentanyl along the southern border have in fact risen sharply in recent years. Experts say only a fraction of fentanyl is seized by Border Patrol agents between the ports of entry, with virtually none transported by migrants seeking asylum within the United States.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fentanyl-s ... heres-why/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Fentanyl is not the same problem as what exactly ?
Dead people (American citizens) are just as dead.
Why is our government/Biden administration not solving this ?
Instead of solving the fluucking issue???
raison de arizona

pjhimself wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:36 pm Fentanyl is not the same problem as what exactly ?
Dead people (American citizens) are just as dead.
Why is our government/Biden administration not solving this ?
Instead of solving the fluucking issue???
pjhimself wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:15 pm
. President Biden’s border crisis has included an increase in the flow of lethal synthetic opioids, threatening public health and safety.
The average amount of fentanyl seized from 2018 through 2020 was 321 pounds a month. Through the first nine months of this year, the monthly average is 830 pounds.
The potent drug is the leading cause of overdose deaths in the United States, a problem that has increased during the pandemic.
https://www.rpc.senate.gov/policy-paper ... der-crisis
Fentanyl is being painted as part of the "border crisis," which refers to immigration. It isn't. The vast, vast majority of fentanyl comes through official check points. They are two separate issues.

Why isn't the government solving the problem? I dunno. How do you solve it? Do you have a suggestion? It seems like it needs a bigger, societal solution than anything to do with the border can provide.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Not a border issue ?
Enough fentanyl has been seized at US borders in just the last three months to kill over a billion people, a top-ranking border official admitted Tuesday.

The revelation came as two US Border Patrol chiefs were grilled during a Congressional hearing on border security.

Rep. Tim Burchett cited Customs and Border Patrol figures that at least 9,400 lbs of the ultra-dangerous synthetic drug has been stopped from entering the country since October, about 7,200 lbs of which was seized at the southern border.

“That’s enough fentanyl to kill every American five times over,” the Republican from Tennessee pointed out.

The US population was recorded at 332m in the 2021 census.

The lawmaker’s math was based on Drug Enforcement Administration information that as little as two milligrams of the synthetic opioid — an amount so small it easily fits on a pencil tip — is enough to kill a person.

The killer drug is 50 times more powerful than heroin and 100 times stronger than morphine. Although it is used as a painkiller in hospitals, it has to be professionally handled and administered to prevent overdoses.

However, fentanyl is increasingly killing people who don’t even know they’re using it, as it’s often cut into pills that look like prescription pills and are sold as “Oxytocin” or “Xanax”
but actually lead to overdoses and death for people who don’t know what they’re taking or how strong it is. In 2022, synthetic opiate deaths averaged over 70,000 a month, according to official data, the highest amounts on record.
https://nypost.com/2023/02/07/enough-fe ... at-border/
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Clue for the challenged: Fentanyl seized is not fentanyl that kills people, because they don't sell it to people after they seize it.

The more fentanyl they seize at the border, the better. That means less fentanyl entering the US.

Which is the exact fucking opposite of what your report said, but who cares?

This is what YOU quoted:
President Biden’s border crisis has included an increase in the flow of lethal synthetic opioids, threatening public health and safety.
Actually, he's seizing more fentanyl than the previous president, but who cares?

Fix it.

Why are you here, and not fixing it?
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona

If I'm not being clear, I'm taking issue with it being lumped into the immigration issue. Once again fentanyl comes through a legal point of entry 95% of the time. That isn't what comes to mind when someone calls out BORDER CRISIS! It's a LEGAL PORT OF ENTRY crisis.

ETA: But like I said earlier, I don't think that is the real problem or where to look to find a real solution.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

It's the same as meth, actually. If they did manage to completely seal the border from entry of fentanyl, the next thing you know the Southern California desert would be filled with home-made fentanyl labs.

You can't defeat the principles of demand and supply, and you should never underestimate the creativity and doggedness of the American entrepreneur. There's a demand for drugs, and there's going to be a supply, regardless of where it comes from.

The trick is to yell about it coming over the Mexican border, so people confuse it with the immigration issue.

And of course, people like Joni Fucking Ernst and the RPC are Lying for Dollars, not engaged in public education. That was the point in posting that trash here, after all.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:13 pm If I'm not being clear, I'm taking issue with it being lumped into the immigration issue. Once again fentanyl comes through a legal point of entry 95% of the time. That isn't what comes to mind when someone calls out BORDER CRISIS! It's a LEGAL PORT OF ENTRY crisis.

ETA: But like I said earlier, I don't think that is the real problem or where to look to find a real solution.
I thought you were clear.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Alcohol causes a lot of problems in this great land of ours, too also.

Biden needs to outlaw alcohol and make sure nobody drinks any alcohol in the future.

Or else maybe Joni Ernst and the RPC should get right on that, too also. :rotflmao:

Fix it! :lol:
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:29 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:13 pm If I'm not being clear, I'm taking issue with it being lumped into the immigration issue. Once again fentanyl comes through a legal point of entry 95% of the time. That isn't what comes to mind when someone calls out BORDER CRISIS! It's a LEGAL PORT OF ENTRY crisis.

I thought you were clear.
I agree you were clear, but while I agree that increased fentanyl interdiction at legal ports of entry (where it is generally being smuggled by American citizens via legal border crossing, by the way) is good, this problem cannot ever be solved at the border because it's not a smuggling problem, it's an addiction problem. As Phoogie said, so long as there is demand for illegal drugs, there will be money in supplying them. I was having a conversation with some recovering addicts last year and someone wondered why dealers cut their drugs with fentanyl (since a dead customer is not a repeat customer) and was told (by someone with first-hand experience) that when someone dies of an OD, other users want to buy from the same source since that is the "good stuff".

You solve this problem by bringing it out of the shadows and shining a light on it -- by decriminalizing use and ensuring that those who want to quit can get treatment and those who don't can be given a safe supply and helped to mitigate the damage that is being done to their lives and the lives of those around them. At least that's my point of view as a person in recovery.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Well, that's how you actually fix it, of course. But that's not what Joni Ernst and the RPC are all about.

They aren't even subtle about it:
The committee advances Republican policies by providing positions on legislation, floor debate, and votes.
So, 100% partisan, not even a pretense of being "news" or news-related, just a "position" that might advance Republican policies, if it wasn't based on outright lies, but it's Ernst, what do you want?

It's like Sarah said last night, it's not even a choice between right and left anymore, it's a choice between normal and crazy, and saying increased seizures of illegal drugs is a bad thing is Crazytown with a capital C.

Joni, are you reading this? Fix it! :mrgreen:
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

So, 100% partisan, not even a pretense of being "news" or news-related, just a "position" that might advance Republican policies, if it wasn't based on outright lies, but it's Ernst, what do you want?
Welcome to Fogbow.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, the place where falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow.

You posted a falsehood, I challenged it, that's how we roll. Now the Joni Ernst trash won't fester and grow here.

'Course, it works both ways. If you find us posting a falsehood, you are more than welcome to challenge it, to the best of your ability.

Welcome to Fogbow. :bighug:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Did you run out of bird videos?
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

. You posted a falsehood, I challenged it, that's how we roll. Now the Joni Ernst trash won't fester and grow here.

'Course, it works both ways. If you find us posting a falsehood, you are more than welcome to challenge it, to the best of your ability. I have never edited or deleted anything you've ever written since you joined Fogbow in 2013.
I post things (for the most part) that are sourced elsewhere, as do you and others.
I welcome the ability to post and/or respond. Thanks for that.
I don’t post falsehoods; whatever others think/post is their responsibility not mine. Answer them.
Way too much time on this, cya.

As to editing and/or deleting, I’m reminded of a “funny stuff/jokes” post that got “cleaned up” or some such thing.
I’d reference it but can’t find it.
Maybe you have access to that file ???
Please note that it was a “funny stuff” “jokes” thread.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, you're right, I deleted some posts - including my own - in an effort to clean up the jokes thread. So I did delete a few of your posts.

Nevertheless, you are free to post here. But when you post something from Joni Ernst's RPC that claims that Biden is causing a major public health crisis because his administration stopped way more fentanyl coming into the country than the previous administration, I reserve the right to point out how fucking stupid and dishonest that is for Joni Ernst to say.
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Gee,
Thanks for the profanity (childish methinks, your choice)
Where’s the answer to the thread topic ?
Is fentanyl a problem for this administration ?
Maybe voters (who are not members of this forum) may have other views.
Carry on.
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

. Yeah, you're right, I deleted some posts - including my own - in an effort to clean up the jokes thread. So I did delete a few of your posts.
And what was it that needed to be cleaned up from a “jokes” thread ????????
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

pjhimself wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:38 am
. Yeah, you're right, I deleted some posts - including my own - in an effort to clean up the jokes thread. So I did delete a few of your posts.
And what was it that needed to be cleaned up from a “jokes” thread ????????
There are other issues for us all to deal with than this.
I (will try to) withdraw…..
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Me too, and of course what needed to be cleaned up was a lot of posts that weren't jokes. But I left your joke, if you remember. Anyway, it's all good, I hope you have a nice day. :thumbsup:
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Foggy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:48 am Me too, and of course what needed to be cleaned up was a lot of posts that weren't jokes. But I left your joke, if you remember. Anyway, it's all good, I hope you have a nice day. :thumbsup:
I never wanted to become a topic here.
You’re more susceptible to that in your prominence.

Joust, I welcome. Win ?
I don’t belong in this arena but I welcome the opportunity.
Thanks for that.

Return to “Biden Administration”