💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "My Kevin" McCarthy "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, House Speaker /Clowns

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Gregg

The 118th Congress with Pretzel Kevin "Only Kevin" "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker /Clowns

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:03 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:00 pm Don't forget that this immediate rebuttal is what launched Obama onto his Presidential arc. FWIW.

Are you saying that Ms. Sanders will be our next president? (shudder)
I think her better new gig would be Devin Nunez's Cow.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

The 118th Congress with Pretzel Kevin "Only Kevin" "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker /Clowns

Post by RTH10260 »

Flavoured milk - how many carcinogenes are that :?: :twisted:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:36 pm Flavoured milk - how many carcinogenes are thar :?: :twisted:
Dunno, but there is a shit-tonne of sugar.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Now they demand diversity. They really want a choice of white and brown?
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:rimshot:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RIGHT-WING REPS PROMOTE RACIST CONSPIRACY THEORIES IN ‘BORDER CRISIS’ HEARING

https://www.texasobserver.org/border-cr ... op-racism/
After securing a slim majority in the House of Representatives, Republicans held an hours-long hearing of the House Judiciary Committee focused on “border security, national security, and how fentanyl has impacted American lives” on Wednesday. The February 1 hearing was but the first of a series of hearings focused on the border organized by the new Republican majority, who are intent on using it as a political weapon to repeatedly cudgel their opponents.

Titled “The Biden Border Crisis—Part One,” Republicans used the hearing as an opportunity to browbeat the president for his border policies. In response, Democrats and their supporters criticized the hearing as a publicity stunt that platformed extremism and nativist conspiracy theories.

Ahead of the hearing, Representative Greg Casar a newly elected Democrat representing the 35th District in Texas, did not mince words about what he expected.

“Right-wing members of Congress are openly embracing racist conspiracy theories, stoking fear, and spreading lies about immigrants,” Casar told members of the press. “Despite the very real and dangerous consequences their policies have.”

The past two years have seen record-high encounters with migrants along the southwest border, which are driven largely by rampant violence, political instability, extreme weather, and severe economic hardships related to COVID-19 in countries south of the border.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

oh goodness they're reading the Constitution on the House floor
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Finally.

:faint:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

I won't hold my breath waiting for them to *understand it*, mind you. :roll:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Just wait till they get to the coughing fit when it comes to the "well regulated" and "Suppress insurrections" parts.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

HUH: Republicans subbed in Matt GAETZ for Rep. Chip Roy on the newly formed GOP select subcommittee

h/t to
@AnnieGrayerCNN
for catching this change, which was in the congressional record a few days ago. https://congress.gov/congressional-reco ... D&s=2&r=11
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I keep waiting for Jim to use this account to tweet something about the Judiciary.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Chip Roy is going to Budget Subcommittee instead.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

If anyone wants to see clips from today's Oversight hearing on Twitter/Hunter Biden, Aaron Rupar is on it. https://twitter.com/atrupar
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:56 am If anyone wants to see clips from today's Oversight hearing on Twitter/Hunter Biden, Aaron Rupar is on it. https://twitter.com/atrupar
I'm watching. It is dynamite! Dems are eating up the clown car alive.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Garcia (D CA) apologies to panel for MTG's "homophobic rant".

Eating. Them. Alive.

Clowns asking tortured yet ambiguous questions, cutting off the answers, then drawing stupid conclusions.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I am disappoint. :(

I told Kitara, I said, "If you don't wear that yellow outfit, Kyrsten Sinema will!"

But did he listen? :nope:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like Republicans cut the power because they were humiliating themselves so badly.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Sounds like time for a remix of an old favorite...
That's the night the lights went out in Congress,
That's the night pubs hung themselves out to dry
Well, don't trust your soul to a Republican congressman
Cause they can't come up with anything but a lie
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I'm sure Jordan will be holding hearings next week about the deep state plot to silence the GOP by turning out the lights ... JUST as he was about to Reveal The Thing that would prove that Hunter's laptop stole all the votes from TFG.

Benghazi!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:notworthy: :notworthy:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Is there a topic for the idiotic House committee to investigate Twitter's "conspiracy" to bury Hunter Biden dick pi/laptop story? I listened to very short segments and the only thing that is being proven is:

1. Biden Administration/Campaign never asked Twitter to block or kill any story or post

2. Trump Administration constantly threated Twitter if they didn't block or kill any post that Trump didn't like.

Republicans should be embarrassed.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

3. Twitter literally changed the rules to make tfg's posts within them when he colored outside the lines.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “Current Politics”