Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Cats!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Cats!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Danraft

Cats!

Post by Danraft »

Yeah, well having looked at the varied quarantine laws regarding animals while living on a sailboat and cruising the globe—it ain’t that simple.

I was considering a 42’ ketch and going with two parrots. Fine if we stayed undocked (in some places), if we were docked but they never left the boat (most places). But very few would an animal just be able to jump off the boat and run around.

Could be wrong—it’s been decades and I was focussed on birds…
Kendra

Cats!

Post by Kendra »

Be still my heart. Just sat down at the desktop for dinner and out of nowhere Luna jumps up on the desk right between my shoulder and the lamp. I had no idea there was incoming kitty, so be still my surprised heart. Barely missed tipping the lamp and barely brushed past the wine glass without knocking it over. I had no idea Miss tub-o-lard could be so graceful :biggrin:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Cats!

Post by RTH10260 »

Police investigate after Dallas Zoo missing leopard is found

Fri, January 13, 2023 at 7:31 PM GMT+1·

DALLAS (AP) — Dallas Zoo officials said Friday that a missing clouded leopard was found after a daylong search. Evidence was found that the fence of the small cat's habitat had been “intentionally” cut, police said.

The zoo tweeted that the cat named Nova, who weighs about 20-25 pounds (9-11 kilograms), did not appear injured and was found near her original habitat. The search had closed Texas' largest zoo to visitors while staff and police combed the 100-acre (40-hectare) grounds.

The zoo announced that Nova had been found just moments after a news conference in which police said a criminal investigation had been opened. Police and zoo officials said they have reviewed surveillance footage but would not say what it showed or whether there were potential suspects.

“It is our belief that this was an intentional act,” Dallas Police Sgt. Warren Mitchell said.

Mitchell said Dallas police at first dispatched SWAT officers to the zoo, not understanding the size of a clouded leopard. Police drones helped search the zoo grounds, including trees. Harrison Edell, executive vice president of animal care and conservation at the Dallas Zoo, said clouded leopards like to climb.

The zoo tweeted earlier in the day that the missing cat was a “serious situation," but officials said the animal posed no danger.

Another clouded leopard at the zoo, Nova's sister, did not leave its habitat.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-join- ... 44200.html
RTH10260

Cats!

Post by RTH10260 »

Nevada rail museum cat who became an internet hit mourned

Sat, January 14, 2023 at 12:20 AM GMT+1

LAS VEGAS (AP) — The historic Nevada Northern Railway Museum is mourning the death of its resident cat who became an unlikely internet sensation.

Dirt — short for Dirtbag — died Wednesday in the town of Ely at the age of 15, the railway said on its website.

The semi-feral feline was a staple at the museum, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported. His online notoriety, stemming from a Facebook photo an employee posted five years ago, led to the creation of Dirt merch including keychains, T-shirts, mugs and even his own coffee blend.

Dirt was free to come and go at the museum, which lies 240 miles (386 kilometers) north of Las Vegas. He was born in the railway's engine house, Railway President Mark Bassett said. His name came from his orange and white coat always being stained with dirt and grease and from loathing baths.

When Dirt's pictures first hit the internet, social media treated the cat less like dirt and more like a dignitary.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nevada-rail- ... 21183.html

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Cats!

Post by neonzx »

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Cats!

Post by Frater I*I »

An old poll question I remember: It asked which is better cats or dogs, and explain....

An answer: Dogs. In the Alpines St. Bernards are parachuted in to save those stranded in the mountains....

Response: Cats would never be stupid enough to let them be thrown out of a airplane...

And the last job a cat held was god of Egypt...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Phoenix520
Verified:

Cats!

Post by Phoenix520 »

Apropos of not much: One of my favorite books as an 8 year old avid reader was The Cat Who Rode Cows about a Siamese cat from NYC whose family moved to “the country” ( Connecticut). She was allowed to roam outside and she was fascinated by the cows. She lurked in the tall grass for days studying them. Finally she was ready to catch one. With a graceful leap she landed on a startled cow who took off across the fields, kitty clinging on for dear life. Long story short - she learned to sheath her claws and went for a ride every day.

The End.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Cats!

My youngest grandgurl loves cats. Ima getting that book for her!!!!! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260

Cats!

Post by RTH10260 »

'Crazy-Looking Cat' Prowling Around Missouri Farm for 6 Months Turns Out to Be an African Serval

Anna Lazarus Caplan
Wed, February 1, 2023 at 9:20 PM GMT+1

Courtesy of Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge

A cat commonly found on African savannas was recently discovered on a farm in the Ozark Mountains.

After six months of noticing a "crazy-looking cat" on his property, a farmer in Ava, Missouri, live-trapped the creature and found out it was a female, 30-Lb. African serval cat.

According to the Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge, the farmer cared for the serval cat — feeding the animal and taking it to a local vet — before contacting the authorities and the Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge, located about two hours south in Arkansas, for help. Officials from the sanctuary made the trip to Missouri to take custody of the wild animal.

"They had taken it to the vet and tried to find if it had a microchip in it, and it didn't," the sanctuary's president Tanya Smith told Fox Weather about the Missouri farmer. "There was no identification for this little African serval."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cra ... 03141.html
(original: People)

jemcanada2

Cats!

Post by jemcanada2 »

My little Charlie Choo created a canopy for herself under the stool for my vanity. It had a black decorative scarf covering it and my clothes seem to pile up on it. Today she pulled down the scarf and some clothes to cover herself up. :lol: :lol:

Maybe she agrees with Foggy that it’s too cold up here. ;) ;)

I love the gold fringe around her face. She must be under admiralty law. :lol:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/004XXB3 ... WT7uARpkHQ

The photo was too large so I created a link. Hopefully it works!
Tiredretiredlawyer

Cats!

Love the fringe!!!!! :lovestruck:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Cats!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

jemcanada2 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:14 pm My little Charlie Choo created a canopy for herself under the stool for my vanity. It had a black decorative scarf covering it and my clothes seem to pile up on it. Today she pulled down the scarf and some clothes to cover herself up. :lol: :lol:
Such a cutie!
RVInit

Cats!

Post by RVInit »

Choo is a cutie pie and sounds very clever! :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Cats!

Post by Kendra »

Luna approved. LOL, she goes from just batting one around to tossing it to rolling around on her back mauling it.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Cats!

Post by MsDaisy »

How you know there is a mouse in the house...
Cats 1.jpg
Cats 1.jpg (52.52 KiB) Viewed 545 times
I always use non lethal traps, poor little critters shouldn't have to die for being hungry :(
Cats 2..jpg
Cats 2..jpg (35.46 KiB) Viewed 545 times
RVInit

Cats!

Post by RVInit »

:clap: I have a couple of non-lethal traps, too. If I catch any mice I take them to an area where that species is already known to populate. Mice are cute little critters.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Cats!

Post by pipistrelle »

Can you recommend a kind of nonlethal trap?
RVInit

Cats!

Post by RVInit »

I can't find the exact ones that I have on sale anywhere, I bought mine so many years ago, and they are still in great shape. But here is one. You can do a search for humane mouse trap or non lethal mouse trap and find a few. This one seems to have very good reviews.

--Colin Kaepernick
MsDaisy
Verified:

Cats!

Post by MsDaisy »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:11 pm Can you recommend a kind of nonlethal trap?
I can.... This is what I use plus a little peanut butter. :biggrin:

MsDaisy
Verified:

Cats!

Post by MsDaisy »

RVInit wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:26 pm I can't find the exact ones that I have on sale anywhere, I bought mine so many years ago, and they are still in great shape. But here is one. You can do a search for humane mouse trap or non lethal mouse trap and find a few. This one seems to have very good reviews.

ETA...
The clear/transparent ones are best because you can see what if anything is actually in there.
RVInit

Cats!

Post by RVInit »

Yes, mine are clear as well. The shape is slightly different on mine, as they are quite an older style, I bet they are nearly 20 years old. But they have lasted a long time. I do like the fact that they are clear and easy to see what is inside. Mine have the slots on the doors to put the bait.
--Colin Kaepernick
MsDaisy
Verified:

Cats!

Post by MsDaisy »

Yes, the first one I bought was a solid color and not at all transparent so you couldn’t see if there was an actual critter in there or if it just snapped shut on it's own for some other reason.
Lani

Cats!

Post by Lani »

I used this humane trap.

I also had a larger one, but I liked this one the best. Back in March 2020, it rained a lot, and rats would tear out the screens to get in inside. And I was very sick. So I had to leave the back door open for Ted. And in came a gazillion rats. One had her babies in my desk. Fortunately, the traps were brought to my door quickly.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Cats!

Post by MsDaisy »

Lani wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:11 am
I also had a larger one, but I liked this one the best. Back in March 2020, it rained a lot, and rats would tear out the screens to get in inside. And I was very sick. So I had to leave the back door open for Ted. And in came a gazillion rats. One had her babies in my desk. Fortunately, the traps were brought to my door quickly.
:shock:

I've never had a rat that I know of but a back snake fell on my head in the kitchen once. I screamed so loud both dogs and all 3 cats came running to see what happened. :lol:

Return to “General Stuff”