Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:28 am 101010, or 103.
or maybe some answer to life...
101010 :towel:
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Reality Check wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:12 pm Heath does provide a lot of entertainment. His latest move is to keep filing nonsense motions on his closed case at the Arizona Supreme Court. I suppose once he got his case on the docket he thinks that is a blank check to file any :shit: he wants.
I see there is a Motion for Directive filed in his Supreme Court case on 3 Feb. I am not sure what that is, or if it is a thing, or he things he can can get some advisory opinion out of the court.

I suspect the directive will be, go away kid, you bother me.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Is Leo asserting misprision of felony? Does Arizona have such a statute?

Leo, you gotta cover all the bases.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

humblescribe wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:36 pm Is Leo asserting misprision of felony? Does Arizona have such a statute?

Leo, you gotta cover all the bases.
A.R.S. § 13-2510 is similar.
13-2510. Hindering prosecution; definition

For purposes of sections 13-2511 and 13-2512 a person renders assistance to another person by knowingly:

1. Harboring or concealing the other person; or

2. Warning the other person of impending discovery, apprehension, prosecution or conviction. This does not apply to a warning given in connection with an effort to bring another into compliance with the law; or

3. Providing the other person with money, transportation, a weapon, a disguise or other similar means of avoiding discovery, apprehension, prosecution or conviction; or

4. Preventing or obstructing by means of force, deception or intimidation anyone from performing an act that might aid in the discovery, apprehension, prosecution or conviction of the other person; or

5. Suppressing by an act of concealment, alteration or destruction any physical evidence that might aid in the discovery, apprehension, prosecution or conviction of the other person; or

6. Concealing the identity of the other person.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Thanks, RdA.

Tsk tsk, Leo.

Maybe he is making too much money at the poker tables and doesn't have the time to do proper legal research any more.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

Off Topic
northland10 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:37 am
I see what you did there. :towel:

Although I prefer base 13 -- what do you get when you multiply 6 x 9?
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

humblescribe wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:47 pm Thanks, RdA.

Tsk tsk, Leo.

Maybe he is making too much money at the poker tables and doesn't have the time to do proper legal research any more.
He has just one cash (a win) on the WSOP circuit and it was in 2008 for $29,666: https://www.wsop.com/players/profile/?playerid=42071
much ado

Post by much ado »

Off Topic
Slarti the White wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:51 pm
northland10 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:37 am
I see what you did there. :towel:

Although I prefer base 13 -- what do you get when you multiply 6 x 9?
610 × 910 = 4213

Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

northland10 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:59 pm :snippity:
I see there is a Motion for Directive filed in his Supreme Court case on 3 Feb. I am not sure what that is, or if it is a thing, or he things he can can get some advisory opinion out of the court.

His original case in the AZSC filed on January 9th and amended on the 12th was a writ for mandamus asking the SC to order Judge Thompson to go back and change his ruling because young Heath discovered a precedent that Lake's team missed called Reyes v Cuming. On the 27th the SC dismissed his writ of mandamus but at the end of the ruing it added that Heath could go to the Court of the Appeals and seek leave to participate as an amicus in the Lake v Hobbs case.

Heath then took his same petition and submitted it to the Court of Appeals asking if they would accept it as an amicus brief. The Court of Appeals said sorry young lad the deadline for amicus already closed on the 26th. Heath is now going back to the AZSC whining to htem that "Hey you told me to submit my garbage to the CoA as an amicus and I sure it was an honest mistake on your part that you didn't know the deadline had already passed." So order the CoA to accept my amicus regardless.

That's the gist of what is in this filing at the SC on February 3rd:
https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-cont ... Record.pdf

In Reyes v Cuming - 1996 the CoA overturned a very close election election for a Yuma County Board Supervisors seat because the county failed to do any signature matching on absentee ballots. Heath thinks it is binding precedent in Lake v Hobbs since the election was set aside based on signature matching.

As I pointed out to Heath on Twitter the cases are not the same. In the recent election Maricopa County did signature matching and followed procedures that were published well before the election and in fact had been used in the previous election. In the Reyes case Yuma County didn't do any signature checks at all. Judge Thompson dismissed Lake's claim on signature matching saying the doctrine of laches applied because Lake had months to challenge the procedure that Maricopa County used and did not.

After I had pointed out his mistakes he blocked me on Twitter.
raison de arizona

Young Heath is going to collect damages from Maricopa County.
https://twitter.com/Ryan_L_Heath/status ... 1110010880
Ryan @Ryan_L_Heath wrote: The AZSC denied my Motion to Direct the Ctt of App to preserve my argument because I didn't have time to reformat the document.

I'm excited to focus on filing personal lawsuits—for damages—against the @MaricopaCounty (@MaricopaVotes) officials that disenfranchised so many. 1/

To all the folks excited by this news, I’m looking forward to filing as amicus in the AZSC in support of Governor @KariLake (assuming such is necessary).
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Great write-up, RC. Do you have a docket link please?

ETA: Here's the Order on AZ Law: https://arizonaslaw.blogspot.com/2023/0 ... -both.html

As Tim Curry as Frank-N-Furter said in Rocky Horror and the audience replies: "CUMING! (So's Heath*)" :P

Frank and Brad.JPG
Frank and Brad.JPG (29.65 KiB) Viewed 669 times

* His name is Ryan Heath. Small joke on the case Ryan thinks is magik.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I had also told Heath that there were many other procedural issues with his filings. I guess the SC just pointed out a few.
bob

Post by bob »

Heath wrote:
The AZSC denied my Motion to Direct the Ctt of App to preserve my argument because I didn't have time to reformat the document.

I'm excited to focus on filing personal lawsuits—for damages—against the @MaricopaCounty (@MaricopaVotes) officials that disenfranchised so many.
To all the folks excited by this news, I’m looking forward to filing as amicus in the AZSC in support of Governor @KariLake (assuming such is necessary).
:brickwallsmall:

SCOAZ said the consent of the parties; Lake alone doesn't get to wreck the docket.

Ob.:
Image ImageImage
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

► Show Spoiler
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Reality Check wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:14 pm
northland10 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:59 pm :snippity:

His original case in the AZSC filed on January 9th and amended on the 12th was a writ for mandamus asking the SC to order Judge Thompson to go back and change his ruling because young Heath discovered a precedent that Lake's team missed called Reyes v Cuming
It's interesting how you and this IANAL could easily read that Reyes does not apply yet Heath cannot. He also does not realize that if a bunch of more experienced lawyers in multiple cases have not used Reyes, there might be an actual reason such as it's a loser argument.

He is more interested in hearing his own voice than actually practicing law.

It might be possible to be that one new attorney who can actually find something new in past rulings that others have missed, but if you are that one special attorney, you best be able to present it well. He can't.

The job of a litigator is to convince the judge and jury not to try to impress the crowd.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:32 pm
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kari Lake insists she's not a 'criminal' after 'felony' tweet of voter signatures

David Edwards
February 06, 2023

Failed Arizona candidate Kari Lake insisted on Monday that she did not break Arizona election law by sharing an image of 16 voter signatures.

Tammy Patrick, chief executive for programs at the National Association of Election Administrators, told Arizona's 12 News that Lake's actions appeared to be a "felony."

During an interview with right-wing host Charlie Kirk, Lake reacted to reports she may face an investigation after tweeting the voter signatures.

"We've seen this with the federal government when they raided Mar-a-Lago," Lake remarked.

The former candidate defended her potentially illegal tweet by noting that the Arizona Senate had published the same image.

"It's not going to go anywhere," she argued. "They are just trying to scare me, and I will not be intimidated by these people."

"So, they are trying to paint me out to be a criminal, and it's really — it's horrible," Lake added. "If they do it to me, they'll do it to every single citizen. They are trying to force us to comply with their rules, and these are not good people."
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:violin: :crazy:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

With God on their side, horse can they lose. At this pivotal moment in history…
https://twitter.com/karilakewarroom/sta ... 6700879872
Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom wrote: "There is power in prayer."

With a verdict coming down hopefully in the next week, let us pray for courage.

Let us pray for the Arizonans who were disenfranchized. Most importantly, let us pray for America during this pivotal time in history.

We love you, Arizona. 🌵
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:47 pm With God on their side, horse can they lose. At this pivotal moment in history…
https://twitter.com/karilakewarroom/sta ... 6700879872
Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom wrote: "There is power in prayer."

With a verdict coming down hopefully in the next week, let us pray for courage.

Let us pray for the Arizonans who were disenfranchized. Most importantly, let us pray for America during this pivotal time in history.

We love you, Arizona. 🌵
There's some grade A trolling in those replies.
raison de arizona

Lake went on the Santilli show, and he cajoled her into agreeing with him that her loss was a CIA coup. :lol:

It's not worth listening to, but if you want to: https://www.redvoicemedia.com/video/202 ... ll/ref/24/
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:09 pm Lake went on the Santilli show, and he cajoled her into agreeing with him that her loss was a CIA coup. :lol:

It's not worth listening to, but if you want to: https://www.redvoicemedia.com/video/202 ... ll/ref/24/
Confirming that AZ is a third world country like many S.Americans that merited an overthrow :?: :confuzzled: :cantlook:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:09 pm Lake went on the Santilli show, and he cajoled her into agreeing with him that her loss was a CIA coup. :lol:
See, Pistilli is more in the thick of the important things than A. Bundy.
raison de arizona

Hmm, why would she be in Iowa :confuzzled: ;)
92E24229-273D-4D7E-9EB3-2B990598F3E1.jpeg
92E24229-273D-4D7E-9EB3-2B990598F3E1.jpeg (238.02 KiB) Viewed 316 times
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Free beer and snacks :?:

Return to “Governors & State Elections”