Arpaio's Legacy

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by raison de arizona »

And it only costs him eight bucks a month.
https://twitter.com/RealSheriffJoe/stat ... 3307208704
Sheriff Joe Arpaio @RealSheriffJoe wrote: I am the 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 Sheriff Joe Arpaio. After 14 years of being unable to get a blue checkmark, Twitter has rectified this error.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by bob »

AP: Taxpayers will wind up paying over quarter billion dollars in Joe Arpaio’s racial profiling case:
Taxpayers in metro Phoenix are approaching a milestone in their financial pain from a 2013 racial profiling verdict over former Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s immigration crackdowns: In roughly a year, those ongoing costs will exceed a quarter of a billion dollars.

The bill is projected to reach $273 million by the summer of 2024, officials were told Monday before they approved a tentative budget that included $38 million in legal and compliance spending for the racial profiling lawsuit during the coming fiscal year.

A decade ago, a federal judge concluded the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office had profiled Latinos in Arpaio’s signature traffic patrols that targeted immigrants, leading to massive court-ordered overhauls of both the agency’s traffic operations and its internal affairs department.

Under Arpaio, who was voted out as sheriff in 2016, the internal affairs operation was heavily criticized for biased decision-making. It now suffers from a crushing backlog of more than 1,900 internal affairs investigations under Arpaio’s successor, Sheriff Paul Penzone.

The taxpayer spending is expected to continue until the Maricopa County sheriff’s office has fully complied with overhauling its traffic enforcement and internal affairs operations for three straight years. Although three of the agency’s four compliance scores are near or at 100%, the sheriff’s office hasn’t yet been deemed fully compliant.

Late last year, Penzone was found in civil contempt of court for noncompliance with the internal affairs overhaul.
Of course:
“Am I sorry for what I did — doing my job enforcing the illegal immigration laws?” Arpaio said. “No.”
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Arpaio's Legacy

Such BS, but that's what you get when you continue to elect a crook for 25 years. Unfortunately.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by bob »

If he were to win, Arpaio would be a spry 92.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Arpaio's Legacy

Again? Hasn't he already lost enough?
bob

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:31 pm Again? Hasn't he already lost enough?
What, and give up grifting?
Image ImageImage
Dr. Ken

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by Dr. Ken »

How long before he runs for dog catcher?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
bob

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by bob »

Fountain Hill Times: Joe Arpaio files defamation suit:
Fountain Hills resident and former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has filed a complaint for alleged defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress and civil assault by Marcelo Ebrard Casaubon, a former Mexican Secretary of Foreign Affairs and current [Mexican] presidential candidate, for branding Arpaio as a murderer and gun smuggler . . . .
Exactly zero points to be awarded if you can predict what follows:
► Show Spoiler
I presume this is just done for publicity's sake for Arpaio's campaign, and will be never served and then quietly dismissed.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Arpaio's Legacy

IMG_5633.jpeg
IMG_5633.jpeg (222.82 KiB) Viewed 10863 times
bob

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by bob »

Arpaio's whining that others sheriffed too hard for publicity's sake is rich.
Image ImageImage
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by Frater I*I »

bob wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:18 pm Arpaio's whining that others sheriffed too hard for publicity's sake is rich.
Another irony meter meltdown....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by northland10 »

I would have posted some reply, but I've been spending the day pulling Irony Meter Shrapnel out of my body.
101010 :towel:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by Frater I*I »

northland10 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:02 pm I would have posted some reply, but I've been spending the day pulling Irony Meter Shrapnel out of my body.
I know the feeling :lol:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
bob

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by bob »

"For completeness," Arpaio will be 92 on election day in 2024.
Image ImageImage
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by RTH10260 »

:eek: making place for The Real Sheriff, Arpaio :?:

;)
RTH10260

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by RTH10260 »

was mentioned earlier around here

raison de arizona

Arpaio's Legacy

https://x.com/RealSheriffJoe/status/172 ... 71667?s=20
Sheriff Joe Arpaio @RealSheriffJoe wrote: The creator of the 51-time award winning TV series “Fargo” said he based his show’s new crime-fighting character, Sheriff Tillman, on me (premiering today).

Being a cop, DEA agent/director, and Sheriff, I have been fighting crime for over 50 yrs around the world. They could've asked for my expertise.
“We live in such an odd world at the moment, where ridiculous narcissism can be perceived as somehow rugged individualism, and it really isn’t … Noah [Hawley] pitched this character to me as Sheriff Joe Arpaio mixed with the Tiger King, and I was like, ‘I’m in.’ As an actor, it’s f—ing fun to play that man, because delusion is a real fun place to live in a character study, for sure.”
https://cartermatt.com/631538/fargo-sea ... y-tillman/
bob

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by bob »

“We live in such an odd world at the moment, where ridiculous narcissism can be perceived as somehow rugged individualism, and it really isn’t … Noah [Hawley] pitched this character to me as Sheriff Joe Arpaio mixed with the Tiger King, and I was like, ‘I’m in.’ As an actor, it’s f—ing fun to play that man, because delusion is a real fun place to live in a character study, for sure.”
That's John Hamm, BTW, who will be portraying Tillman.

And only Arpaio would think this is a compliment.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Arpaio's Legacy

He’s running for mayor of Fountain Hills again.
Sheriff Joe Arpaio wrote: I have obtained the maximum number of nominating petition signatures for my campaign for Fountain Hills, AZ mayor 2024. I am thankful & honored for the citizens of Fountain Hills recognizing my wisdom, principles, and leadership.

Never Surrender!
bob

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by bob »

"For completeness," the Fountain Hills mayor stands for election every other year. Arpaio barely lost in 2022 (51%-49%).

Arpaio will be 92 years old on election day.
Image ImageImage
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by Reality Check »

Didn't know Sheriff Penzone was resigning. Seems kind of sudden. :confuzzled:

raison de arizona

Arpaio's Legacy

He announced he was retiring in early October. There are Reasons. He is going to oversee community programs and charitable giving for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. He has been laboring under the shadow of Melendres v. Arpaio, with a court appointed monitor that was cramping his style. Or something along those lines.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by Reality Check »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:18 pm He announced he was retiring in early October. There are Reasons. He is going to oversee community programs and charitable giving for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. He has been laboring under the shadow of Melendres v. Arpaio, with a court appointed monitor that was cramping his style. Or something along those lines.
I haven't kept up. Arpaio's legacy is that he has screwed up the department for years. Has the old fart croaked yet?
raison de arizona

Arpaio's Legacy

Reality Check wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:20 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:18 pm He announced he was retiring in early October. There are Reasons. He is going to oversee community programs and charitable giving for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. He has been laboring under the shadow of Melendres v. Arpaio, with a court appointed monitor that was cramping his style. Or something along those lines.
I haven't kept up. Arpaio's legacy is that he has screwed up the department for years. Has the old fart croaked yet?
Nope, he's running for mayor of Fountain Hills. Again. He looks like the crypt keeper, he's reached his early nineties.
RTH10260

Arpaio's Legacy

Post by RTH10260 »

Stepping down was announced last autumn
Maricopa County Sheriff Paul Penzone discusses reasons he’s leaving office early

BY KEVIN STONE
Oct 12, 2023, 10:00 AM

PHOENIX – In his first interview since announcing he was leaving office early, Maricopa County Sheriff Paul Penzone said Thursday that a combination of things led to the decision.

Penzone revealed during an Oct. 2 press conference that he will step down in January, a year before his current term ends.

“There’s so many facts to it; the majority are all good,” Penzone told KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Arizona’s Morning News. “It’s been an incredible privilege. Nearly finishing two terms as sheriff was nothing I ever expected in my bucket list, or anywhere else. I felt like we accomplished a lot.”

Without specifying his next move, Penzone said there are other opportunities he wants to pursue at this stage of his life.

“I also want open the door for the next person up to come in and make even more improvements and do more for the men and women of the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.”

https://ktar.com/story/5543826/maricopa ... ice-early/

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”