Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Keepers of the Oaf (Oath Keepers) Elmer Stewart Rhodes etc.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Enrique Tarrio. . . has a mom?

I can tell you that if I had ever done any of the sort of shit that Tarrio and his elk ever did, my mom would have disowned me, and said that I was not worthy of her love and support.

Then she would have felt guilty the rest of her life and tried to figure out what she did wrong. Meanwhile my dad would have tried to talk to me to see where I strayed and why.
How is it that elk are always getting caught up with the wrong kind of people?
Elks are like that, the good boys joined the Freemasons. :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I love Roger's videos! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

humblescribe wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:59 pm Enrique Tarrio. . . has a mom?

I can tell you that if I had ever done any of the sort of shit that Tarrio and his elk ever did, my mom would have disowned me, and said that I was not worthy of her love and support.

Then she would have felt guilty the rest of her life and tried to figure out what she did wrong. Meanwhile my dad would have tried to talk to me to see where I strayed and why.
When I was 16 my 17yo sister got caught trying to sneak alcohol into a rock concert. My mom came into my room and woke me up to tell me not to bother calling her if I ever got arrested because she wanted to go to her grave knowing that she didn’t have to bail at at least one of her seven children out of juvie.

I believed her. If I’d done what any of these folks did I think my mom would still love me, but I don’t think I could expect her support.

My siblings all turned out OK despite their juvenile indiscretions, by the way.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

keith wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:11 pm How is it that elk are always getting caught up with the wrong kind of people?
The only people elk get to meet are those who are stupid enough not to follow instructions and keep their distance, especially during the rut. I have some somewhat blurry photos a large amount of elk sitting in people's front yard because I was smart enough to take with a phone zoom from a distance. Which I had the camera I have now (or even my old SLR for that matter).

Unlike these idiots.

And this guy

This is from a distance with a small amount of Zoom. I was also on the road, and never left the car.
Elk Estes Park min zoom.jpg
Elk Estes Park min zoom.jpg (93.41 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The Secret Service is wrongfully withholding records of its communications with the Oath Keepers ahead of January 6, according to a new lawsuit filed by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.

On October 14, 2022, it was reported that a Secret Service agent spoke with Stewart Rhodes and other members of the Oath Keepers on multiple phone calls in the days before the attack on the Capitol. On October 21, CREW requested all Secret Service communications with the far-right militia group in the months leading up to the insurrection. The Secret Service confirmed receipt of the request but has failed to release the requested records.

The records requested include Secret Service communications with leading members of the Oath Keepers such as Rhodes and Wendy Rogers. Rhodes, among several other members of the Oath Keepers, has since been convicted of seditious conspiracy for his role in the insurrection.

The requested records would reveal the extent to which the Secret Service was in direct contact with the paramilitary group leading up to the insurrection—a group that played a central role in the violence that day. In light of the Secret Service’s repeated failures to adequately prepare for January 6 and apparently illegal attempts to delete other communications around the insurrection, it’s especially crucial for the agency’s communications with these extremists to be made public as soon as possible.
https://www.citizensforethics.org/legal ... nications/
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Another OK trial starting.

Judge Mehta has arranged for the latest group of Oath Keepers going to trial tomorrow to have two tables for the defense.

“By adding a second table, hopefully, the court has avoided serious constitutional error,” he writes in an order dripping with sarcasm
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Is was gonna be as crowded as the tunnel at the Capital.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Tomorrow, a federal judge will hear arguments about whether Oath Keeper William Isaacs can argue his autism spectrum diagnosis meant it was "difficult if not impossible" for him to discern a crime was being committed on Jan. 6.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Kendra wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:24 pm
NEW: Tomorrow, a federal judge will hear arguments about whether Oath Keeper William Isaacs can argue his autism spectrum diagnosis meant it was "difficult if not impossible" for him to discern a crime was being committed on Jan. 6.
I don't know that I would want 'hyperfixation' to be my defense, because as a juror, I would want to make sure this guy never got his hands on a firearm EVER.* Also, 'difficult' does not mean 'impossible', so that's not much of as defense. I hope we get to see/read how his lawyers present this.

*Editing to add, I'd be rather apprehensive about allowing someone to claim 'hyperfixation' as a reason why he stalked and killed an ex-girlfriend.
Lani

Post by Lani »

I worked with children and adults with Asperger's (autism spectrum ), like Musk.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Azastan wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:09 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:24 pm
I don't know that I would want 'hyperfixation' to be my defense, because as a juror, I would want to make sure this guy never got his hands on a firearm EVER. Also, 'difficult' does not mean 'impossible', so that's not much of as defense. I hope we get to see/read how his lawyers present this.
How many people on the spectrum don't commit crimes?
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

If this defendant's mental state is such that he has difficulty knowing whether a crime is being committed, therefore he must not know that the Oath Keepers are a paramilitary organization with seditious tendencies.

I am curious to hear if there is testimony about his quotidian life away from the Oath Keepers, and if he can tell right from wrong in other settings.

I am in no means dismissive of this sort of condition. But I am very skeptical that this individual is so detached from "normal" behavior that he would participate in this group and follow like sheep towards their goals. I think this is just a canard that must be dealt with by the prosecution and by the judge.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

His "Hyperfocus" didn't stop him travelling to a speech and protest by a Fake Blonde with small fingers. He was able to follow directions to get there. Only then was he so hyperfocused he didn't know where he was.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Suranis wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:36 pm His "Hyperfocus" didn't stop him travelling to a speech and protest by a Fake Blonde with small fingers. He was able to follow directions to get there. Only then was he so hyperfocused he didn't know where he was.
I believe the proper insult is "short-fingered vulgarian," but I'll allow it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Geriatric Florida Man Golf Cheat

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

HAPPENING TODAY: Oath Keeper Caleb Berry, now a govt cooperator, is on the stand in the third Oath Keepers trial. Currently being cross examined by
@shipwreckedcrew

Later, longtime House Dem aide Jamie FLEET will take the stand — after Judge Mehta deals w defense objections.
Edit: Removed reference to Roger Parloff live tweeting. He's doing the Proud Boy trial, not Oath Keepers. Dang, it's hard to keep up :oldlady:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Edit: Removed reference to Roger Parloff live tweeting. He's doing the Proud Boy trial, not Oath Keepers. Dang, it's hard to keep up :oldlady:
So many Traitors, so little time...

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@JordanOnRecord
Elsewhere in the courthouse, hearing closing arguments in the third Oath Keepers trial could begin tomorrow. Two whole groups of Oath Keepers may finish their trials before the one Proud Boys group concludes. Meanwhile, DOJ supposedly only has two witnesses left in PB trial.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@MacFarlaneNews
Closing arguments in latest Jan 6 trial involving accused OathKeepers begins at 10am
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

HAPPENING NOW: Closing arguments continue in the third Oath Keepers trial. Michael GREENE's attorney notes he "hunted down terrorists" in Iraq and Afghanistan. If he had wanted to do the same with members of Congress, she said, he would've meticulously planned and executed it.
:think: I dunno about the rest of you, but that's not the most compelling argument. YMMV.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The former guy did not think that the US military was beeing successful in those countries :blackeye:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kendra wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:09 am
HAPPENING NOW: Closing arguments continue in the third Oath Keepers trial. Michael GREENE's attorney notes he "hunted down terrorists" in Iraq and Afghanistan. If he had wanted to do the same with members of Congress, she said, he would've meticulously planned and executed it.
:think: I dunno about the rest of you, but that's not the most compelling argument. YMMV.
He can follow OJ's lead and write a book about how he'd have done it, wink wink, nudge nudge.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@kyledcheney
Prosecutors closed their case by saying "Oath Keepers" name is a misnomer -- they "fractured" the republic and violated those oaths. The "real oath keepers," said AUSA Troy Edwards — "heroes of the republic," he called them — are Tom WIckham, Jamie Fleet Harry Dunn and other cops
And...the jury has it. Will verdict come quick (today?), or do we wait until next week?

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”