Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Nikki Haley 2024 - Nimarata Nikki Haley (née Randhawa) - Jan 20, 1972 (Poll)

How long Will Nimarata Nikki Haley's Candidacy for President Last?

Less than a year
16%
Until she's humiliated and ridiculed and driven out by Trump
23%
Until she runs out of grift from the marks
23%
Until the Debates
2%
Until the first few Primaries
11%
Until one of the candidates has a majority of the delegates
No votes
All the way to the Convention
9%
Hey, that's President Nimrata to you!
2%
Really, it never started
14%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 56

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Nikki Haley 2024 - Nimarata Nikki Haley (née Randhawa) - Jan 20, 1972 (Poll)

Post by Luke »

#NIMARATA2024!

ETA 1/19/24: Wikipedia had her name wrong, it's Nimarata, not Nimrata. Updated the topic title.
Nimarata Nikki Haley (née Randhawa is an American diplomat and politician who served as the 116th and first female governor of South Carolina from 2011 to 2017, and as the 29th United States ambassador to the United Nations for two years, from January 2017 through December 2018. Wikipedia
From RWNJ lying blog thedcpatriot.com:
BREAKING: Nikki Haley to Announce She’s Running for President and Will Challenge President Trump for GOP Bid
January 31, 2023 - by Matt Couch

Multiple sources tell us at The DC Patriot that Nikki Haley will announce her bid for the presidency in 2024 on Wednesday. Haley is making the formal announcement later in February. Our own Matt Couch broke the news on Twitter just moments ago.

BREAKING: Nikki Haley Slated to Announce Her Bid to Run for the White House Against President Trump on Wednesday…
— Matt Couch (@RealMattCouch) February 1, 2023

Haley was one of Trump’s biggest allies, but how now turned on the former President, as well as his followers. Fox News digital is also confirming that Haley will seek the presidency and challenge Trump in 2024.

South Carolina's Nikki Haley to launch 2024 presidential campaign, joining Trump in nomination hunt https://t.co/Aze85ILIKn
— Fox News Politics (@foxnewspolitics) February 1, 2023

According to our sources, Haley will announce her candidacy for the White House at an event in Charleston, South Carolina on February 15. This is according to an invitation that will soon be going out to her supporters. News of Haley’s big announcement was first reported by the Post and Courier in South Carolina. When speaking with reporters last year who questioned her about a White House run, Haley reiterated that “after November, we’ll figure it out. But you know what I’ve said — I’ve never lost a race. I’m not going to start now. If there’s place for me, we’ll put a 100% in, and we’ll finish it.”

When speaking at the Republican Jewish Coalition’s annual leadership meeting, which is viewed as the first major 2024 GOP presidential cattle call, Haley made these remarks to show she’s serious about running. “A lot of people have asked if I’m going to run for president,” Haley said to cheers from the crowd at the Las Vegas confab. “Now that the midterms are over, I’ll look at it in a serious way.” Two weeks ago, Haley amped up her language even further, saying in an interview on Fox News’ “Special Report” that “I think we need a young generation to come in, step up and really start fixing things… Can I be that leader? Yes, I think I can be that leader.”

Trump doesn’t seem intimidated at all, and in fact when speaking to supporters at campaign events in New Hampshire and South Carolina over the weekend, gave her his blessing to run for the White House. Trump said Haley had called him to discuss running for the White House. “Go by your heart if you want to run,” Trump said he told Haley. And he said he told her she “should do it.” This is a developing story.

The brain trust and legal experts like Chuckles at Sharon Rondeau's The Post & Email just finished telling her NO. They should totally take this personally and as a huge slap in the face when Nimrata announces. Rev Dr Laity Esq will have a new mission.

Nikki Haley Is Not A Natural Born Citizen of USA To Constitutional Standards – Not Eligible To Be President
by CDR Charles F. Kerchner, Jr., (Ret)
https://www.thepostemail.com/2023/01/30 ... president/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Phoenix520
Verified:

Nikki Haley 2024 - Nimrata Nikki Haley - Jan 20, 1972

Post by Phoenix520 »

BoyHowdy, does she want to be President! Her desperation is cringeworthy.

Is she a legend in her own mind or has MAGA embraced her? I don’t hear much about her lately.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Nimrata Nikki Randhawa

I will allow it.
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

Interesting that Trump encouraged her to run -- I can only think of one reason for him to do that: he doesn't think is any kind of serious challenge to him and wants as many "also-rans" in the field as possible to make his MAGA block a solid plurality.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Slarti the White wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:01 am Interesting that Trump encouraged her to run -- I can only think of one reason for him to do that: he doesn't think is any kind of serious challenge to him and wants as many "also-rans" in the field as possible to make his MAGA block a solid plurality.
:yeahthat:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

neonzx wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:04 am Nimrata Nikki Randhawa

I will allow it.
You're right: Nimrata Nikki Randhawa Haley, Haley is her married name.

It's official: Nikki Haley running for president. Formal announcement Feb. 15
By Schuyler Kropf skropf@postandcourier.com 10 hrs ago

Cementing what has been in the works for months, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley will formally announce she is running for president and will seek the Republican nomination for her party's 2024 ticket, The Post and Courier has learned. According to an invitation soon going out to her backers, Haley's advertised "special announcement" will come Feb. 15 at the The Shed at the Charleston Visitor Center, a downtown gathering spot that could draw hundreds of supporters into the heart of the city's tourism district. The confirmation she is entering the race came Jan. 31 from a member of Haley's inner circle.

Haley has teased at running for the White House for months, increasing her footprint on social media and in national interviews that she was leaning toward an official bid. Long identified as harboring presidential intentions for the past decade, she becomes the second announced profile Republican looking to knock off Democratic President Joe Biden next year, just behind her former boss from when she was U.N. ambassador, previous White House occupant Donald Trump. Haley famously said earlier she would not seek to challenge Trump if he ran again, but her message has since shifted to say the country needs to look toward a different path.

"It's time for a new generation," she telegraphed on Twitter in recent days. "It’s time for new leadership. And it’s time to take our country back. America is worth the fight — and we're just getting started.” During an interview on Fox News with Bret Baier last week, Haley signaled her clearest indication yet that she was readying a White House bid. "When you're looking at a run for president, you look at two things. You first look at does the current situation push for new leadership? The second question is, 'Am I that person that could be that new leader?'" Answering those two questions, Haley said: "Yes, we need to go in a new direction. And can I be that leader? Yes. I think I can be that leader."

Haley, 51, does not have far to travel for her announcement. She has been a Charleston County resident and registered voter since leaving her United Nations ambassador post in 2018, living with her family on Kiawah Island. She has also boasted in recent times that she has never lost a political race, including from her days in the S.C. House of Representatives or from her two runs for governor, an office she held from 2011-17. It also appears she was alerting Trump in the past week of her leanings. During his weekend campaign swing that included a stop at the S.C. Statehouse, Trump told national reporters he recently received a phone call from Haley. Trump said Haley told him "she'd like to consider" a 2024 run of her own. “I talked to her for a little while. I said, 'Look, you know, go by your heart if you want to run,'" Trump told reporters, adding that he would welcome the competition. “She called me and said she’d like to consider it, and I said you should do it.” Trump then reportedly told Haley, "Go by your heart if you want to run."

Haley joins a potentially expansive field of Republicans said to be eager to challenge Biden. They most visibly include Trump, former Vice President Mike Pence, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former U.S. Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, and Mike Pompeo, the former CIA director who later served as secretary of state under Trump. U.S. Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., may also be in the mix. Haley follows two other South Carolinians who ran for the White House in recent cycles: U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham and former Gov. Mark Sanford. Both attempts fizzed out early.

Haley's South Carolina bio begins with her growing up in Bamberg, a daughter of Indian immigrant parents. She graduated from Clemson University with an accounting degree and worked for a waste management company before joining her family’s dress shop, which eventually moved from Orangeburg to Lexington. Haley has said her start in politics was inspired by Hillary Clinton and, in 2004, she ran for a state House seat held by the longest-serving lawmaker at the time and beat him — starting a string of undefeated runs for office. Her most remarkable act during her six-year tenure in the House was helping lead a push for on-the-record voting. She surprised political pundits in announcing a bid for governor in 2009, but she fashioned herself as an heir to then-Gov. Sanford with calls for fiscal conservatism and smaller government.

She also was aided by the Tea Party wave that won over many GOP voters during the 2010 election cycle. Haley was polling poorly in a Republican field dominated by men — U.S. Rep. Gresham Barrett, Lt. Gov. Andrew Bauer and then-state Attorney General Henry McMaster. But her campaign turned around with an endorsement by Sarah Palin, the former Republican vice presidential hopeful who was one of the GOP’s most popular figures at the time. Several highlights of her term as governor include helping win large economic deals, including several major tire makers, and appointing Scott as South Carolina’s first Black U.S. senator. Haley became a national celebrity when she worked to get the Confederate battle flag removed from the Statehouse grounds in 2015 after an avowed racist murdered nine worshippers at Charleston’s Emanuel AME Church. Though she endorsed U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida in the 2016 presidential race and even criticized Trump for his behavior, Trump offered Haley a spot in his cabinet, eventually taking the post as United Nations ambassador.

After leaving the administration, she started an advocacy group, Stand for America, that helped build her brand and had a brief stint on board of Boeing, which has a jet manufacturing plant in North Charleston. She also has spent months campaigning for Republican candidates across the country, often hitting Iowa, typically the first presidential primary state. She made headlines for criticizing Trump for not doing more to stop the Jan. 6 Capitol riots, suggesting in a "Politico" interview that he “lost any sort of political viability” and would not run again.
https://www.postandcourier.com/politics ... stream=top
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Nikki Haley 2024 - Nimrata Nikki Randhawa Haley - Jan 20, 1972

Post by raison de arizona »

For someone that has been insisting for years that racism doesn't exist in the US or in the Republican party, it surely is interesting that she goes by Nikki rather than Nimrata.

Odd, that. :confuzzled:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:44 pm For someone that has been insisting for years that racism doesn't exist in the US or in the Republican party, it surely is interesting that she goes by Nikki rather than Nimrata.

Perhaps she is trying to capitalize on the popularity of the character Dr. Nikki Alexander in the long running (26 seasons so far) BBC crime show "Silent Witness". ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:44 pm For someone that has been insisting for years that racism doesn't exist in the US or in the Republican party, it surely is interesting that she goes by Nikki rather than Nimrata.

I lurve it when birthers tell me their imaginary two-citizen parent "rule" isn't racist, yet it just so happens to exclude Nimrata Randhawa, Piyush Jindal, Barack Obama, Marco Rubio, Rafael Cruz, etc.
Image ImageImage
somerset

Post by somerset »

Off Topic

Kinda, sorta off-topic.

One of Nikki Haley's talking points is legal immigration. She likes to talk about how her parents "did it right" and are offended when people come here illegally (never mind that the majority of "illegal immigrants" enter the country legally, then overstay their visa):
HALEY: Well, you have to go back to the heart of the principle of this country. I'm the daughter of immigrant parents. They came here legally. They paid their time, they paid their price. They are offended by those that come here illegally.
https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/hale ... mmigration
(this is from 2017, but she repeated the same line when she was campaigning for Herschel Walker)

Some of my family members have used this line on Mrs Somerset and I. They say, "you guys jumped through all the hoops and "did it right" (meaning Mrs Somerset and step-daughter Somerset gaining LPR status in the US). Aren't you offended by people coming here illegally?" The short answer is no, we aren't.

Mrs Somerset and I are quite lucky. Our luck includes me being born a US Citizen, her being able to emigrate to Malaysia and Singapore to work, me being able to do the same, her being able to get a 10-year multi-entry visa to enter the US, me finding a job in the US after 10+ years outside the country, and our being able to afford Mrs Somerset not working for ~18 months while her I-130/I-485 application made its way through the system.

Likewise, Nikki Haley's parents were very lucky. They were born high-caste Indians whose families had the resources to send them to study in the US and afford good immigration attorneys to help them enter, stay and eventually naturalize in the US. The vast majority of Indians aren't nearly as lucky.

The people that Nikki Haley (and, apparently, her parents) look down on aren't nearly so lucky. They weren't born into rich families or have the family ties to immigrate to the US. Many of them are escaping poverty, war, extreme violence or political upheaval. They want a better life, and trying to gain asylum in the US is one of the few paths they see open to them. I'm not saying we should open the floodgates and let everyone in, but it takes a pretty selfish person (or a RWNJ ;) ) to be "offended" by someone who just wants the same good fortune Nikki Haley's parents (and Mrs Somerset and I) had.

raison de arizona

The video is of Haley saying that she would support tfg in ‘24 if he ran, and further that if he ran she wouldn’t run. Quoteth: “I would not run if President Trump ran.”
1AFF8512-657B-4B5C-85F4-6EE49322367B.png
1AFF8512-657B-4B5C-85F4-6EE49322367B.png (401.27 KiB) Viewed 19589 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

What honor? She’s awful. Is she what passes for a moderate these days?
Lani

Post by Lani »

Haley announced she's running.

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

They're also offended that she calls herself Nikki and left their faith.

Edited to add her middle name. :bag:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:blackeye:

Jeez. CNN puts Jake Tapper and John King at the big board on Kate Balduan's (sp?) 8AM time slot just to talk all over 2024 race and polls and :shit: because Nikki... :brickwallsmall:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Birfers are going wild about Nimrata, search Twitter for "natural born citizen" and the resting birfers are all back to being stupid.

Speaking of stupid, Sharon Rondeau is right on it. Not just Nimrata, but Vivek Ramaswamy who hasn't even announced. What a SHOCK>

Haley Announces; Ramaswamy May Seek Nomination
BUT IS EITHER ELIGIBLE?
https://www.thepostemail.com/2023/02/15 ... omination/

Nimrata got 3K Likes on her tweet about her election announcement today, less than a tweet about the Mighty 699th. Root Beer and Biscuit are more popular than Nimrata. This doesn't seem like a candidacy that's going to pay off in publicity, money, or respect.

It's such low-hanging fruit even the disgraced loser's team was ready with "The Real Nikki Haley" to email/tweet as her launch event wrapped up.

Added a poll: How long will Nimrata last? Allows 2 choices since there are multiple reasons for #FAIL.
raison de arizona

Nikki Haley 2024 - Nimrata Nikki Randhawa Haley - Jan 20, 1972 (Poll)

Nikki Haley taps controversial pastor for campaign launch invocation
In 2008, John McCain denounced Pastor John Hagee's record of radicalism. In 2023, Nikki Haley is embracing Hagee anyway.

As a presidential candidate in 2000, then-Sen. John McCain told voters he had no use for the religious right movement, denouncing prominent evangelical leaders as “agents of intolerance.” The message did not resonate with most Republican voters and the Arizona Republican’s candidacy fell short.

Eight years later, McCain was determined to learn key lessons from his earlier failure and eagerly forged partnerships with far-right social conservatives. In fact, the GOP senator even welcomed the support of Pastor John Hagee — at least for a while.

It wasn’t long before McCain was asked whether he agreed with Hagee’s record of radicalism, including the pastor’s claims that the Holocaust was a divine plan from God, Hurricane Katrina was God’s punishment for Pride parades in New Orleans, and women are “only meant to be mothers and bear children.” (He also described the Roman Catholic Church as “the great whore,” though he later apologized.)

McCain, reluctant to be associated with such extremism, felt like he had no choice but to reject Hagee’s endorsement and repudiate the pastor’s views.

That was in 2008. Republican politics changed a lot in the 15 years that followed.
:snippity:
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... -rcna70821
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

John McCain initially sought the support of this pastor who blamed Hurricane Katrina on a Pride parade and made questionable comments about Hitler. McCain ultimately rejected his support.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Xposting

https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/statu ... 2800944129
Angry Staffer 🌻@Angry_Staffer

The part of this clip that caught my eye:

“We need competency tests for any elected official over 75”

She’s going to go after Trump’s mental state in the primary. She’s also going to fail, because she’s going after a GOP that no longer exists.
SEZ Time for Consequences@sezblue46

Think she’s also targeting President Biden
Angry Staffer 🌻@Angry_Staffer

She is, but there’s a reason she used “75” and not “80”

She’s using ostensible attack on Biden to go after Trump, who is 76 and just conveniently over her age threshold
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Elderly senators have mixed feelings about Nikki Haley's call for 'mandatory mental competency tests' for politicians over 75

Bryan Metzger
Thu, February 16, 2023 at 12:00 PM GMT+1
  • Nikki Haley is calling for "mandatory mental competency tests" for politicians over the age of 75.
    Over a sixth of the US Senate is age 75 or older. We asked some of them what they thought about the idea.
    Some said they'd be willing to take a test, but most were dismissive.
Nikki Haley is calling for "mental competency tests" for politicians over the age of 75 — a category that includes more than one-sixth of current US senators, both presumptive presidential frontrunners, and more than 30 current US House members.

Insider asked some of the 16 senators aged 75 and older what they made of Haley's idea. While some suggested they'd be willing to take such a test, others were dismissive.

"Oh, Christ," said Republican Sen. Jim Risch of Idaho, 79. "I'd have to think about that before I respond to that."

The one-time US ambassador to the UN and former South Carolina governor floated the idea — perhaps intended primarily as a dig at 80-year-old President Joe Biden or even 76-year-old former President Donald Trump — near the conclusion of her speech at her 2024 presidential campaign launch in South Carolina on Wednesday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/elderly-sena ... 00313.html
(original: INSIDER)
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Nikki Haley: video shows Republican candidate saying US states can secede
Contender also says civil war – fought over slavery – was one side ‘fighting for tradition’ and the other ‘fighting for change’

Martin Pengelly in New York
Wed 15 Feb 2023 06.00 GMT

Shortly after Nikki Haley announced her campaign for president on Tuesday, footage was released showing the Republican former South Carolina governor saying states have the right to secede from the union.

“I think that they do,” Haley said in the footage, which Patriot Takes, an anonymously run social media account and fundraising Pac which claims to “monitor and expos[e] rightwing extremism and other threats to democracy”, said came from 2010 and featured an unnamed neo-Confederate group.

“I mean, the constitution says that.”

Haley also said she did not think South Carolina should secede.

Tweeting footage from the same interview, Tyler Jones, a South Carolina Democratic strategist, said the interview was conducted by the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

That footage showed Haley discussing the placement of a Confederate flag on statehouse grounds and expressing support for a Confederate History Month in schools, which she compared to “Black History Month … as long as it’s done in a positive way and not in a negative way, and doesn’t harm anyone”.

Haley was also asked about the cause of the civil war.

“I think you had one side of the civil war that was fighting for tradition and one side of the civil war that was fighting for change,” she said.

The civil war was fought over slavery, which southern states led out of the union by South Carolina wanted to maintain.

Haley continued: “At the end of the day, what I think we need to remember is that, you know, everyone’s supposed to have their rights, everyone’s supposed to be free, everyone’s supposed to have the same freedoms as anyone else. So I think it was tradition versus change.”

Asked, “Tradition versus change on what?” Haley said: “On individual rights and liberty of people.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... h-carolina
somerset

Post by somerset »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:41 am
Nikki Haley: video shows Republican candidate saying US states can secede
Contender also says civil war – fought over slavery – was one side ‘fighting for tradition’ and the other ‘fighting for change’

Martin Pengelly in New York
Wed 15 Feb 2023 06.00 GMT

Haley was also asked about the cause of the civil war.

]“I think you had one side of the civil war that was fighting for tradition and one side of the civil war that was fighting for change,” she said.

The civil war was fought over slavery, which southern states led out of the union by South Carolina wanted to maintain.

Haley continued: “At the end of the day, what I think we need to remember is that, you know, everyone’s supposed to have their rights, everyone’s supposed to be free, everyone’s supposed to have the same freedoms as anyone else. So I think it was tradition versus change.”

Asked, “Tradition versus change on what?” Haley said: “On individual rights and liberty of people.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... h-carolina
I think this is a pretty clever strategy. Her campaign is trying to reframe the whole "slavery vs state's rights" argument into something palatable by both sides. I don't think it will work, but it's a good goal to work towards.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/ey ... 235254836/
Former South Carolina governor and U.N. ambassador Nikki Haley launched an atypical bid for the White House in a pretty typical fashion on Wednesday (Feb. 15). The Republican taking on her former boss, one-term president Donald Trump, revved up the crowd at her Charleston, South Carolina announcement this morning by walking on to one of the most beloved underdog fight anthems of all-time: Survivor‘s 1982 Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 “Eye of the Tiger.”

“Stop using my f—ing song!,” the hit’s co-writer, Survivor guitarist Frankie Sullivan, tells Billboard about his reaction to finding out about the latest politician’s attempt to co-opt the track he wrote for Sylvester Stallone’s classic underdog film, Rocky III. “This morning I get up and I’m doing my thing, writing and i turn on my phone and it explodes and I’m like, ‘What happened is my mom okay?’ That song belongs with the Rocky franchise and they don’t ask because they’d get a no. Absolutely.”
Back in 2016, Republican Mike Huckabee’s presidential campaign had to pay a $25,000 settlement over claims they used “Eye of the Tiger” at a rally with Kim Davis, the Kentucky clerk who made headlines for refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses. Sullivan says he is really protective of the song, but unlike the suit he filed against the former Arkansas Governor, he’s not currently planning to launch a legal fight with Haley.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona

Accurate quote. Also, she is apparently hawking "past my prime" beer koozies.
► Show Spoiler

Return to “US President”