Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

E. Jean Carroll v. Donald J. Trump and United States of America (poll added!)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*

What will the jury decide?

Trump liable for rape; award of more than a million dollars
63%
Trump liable for rape; award of less than a million dollars
19%
Trump liable for rape; award of one dollar (it's possible!)
3%
Trump not liable for rape or assault
4%
Hung jury, which means mistrial and new trial later
11%

Total votes: 72

Kendra

E. Jean Carroll v. Donald J. Trump and United States of America

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Trump's lawyers have withdrawn their request to seal other portions of his deposition in the E. Jean Carroll case. In other words, it will be released *soon.*
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump mistook rape accuser E Jean Carroll for ex-wife, deposition shows
Excerpts show former president was corrected by lawyer when shown picture of himself with Carroll in the 1990s

Martin Pengelly in New York
Thu 19 Jan 2023 12.49 GMT

Donald Trump mistook E Jean Carroll, the writer who accuses him of rape, for his ex-wife Marla Maples during a deposition in the case last year, excerpts released in US district court on Wednesday showed.

“That’s Marla, yeah,” Trump said, when shown a photograph. “That’s my wife.”

The mistake was corrected by a lawyer for the 76-year-old former president. But observers said it could undermine Trump’s claim he could not have attacked Carroll because she is not his “type”.

It was not the first release of excerpts from Trump’s deposition, which happened in October. Last week, Trump was shown to have claimed Carroll “said it was very sexy to be raped”.

Carroll says Trump raped her in a department store changing room in the mid-1990s. Trump denies it.

Carroll sued Trump for defamation and under the Adult Survivors Act, a New York law which allows alleged victims of historical sexual assault to bring cases within a defined timeframe.

Trump was married to Maples, the mother of his daughter Tiffany, from 1993 to 1999, between marriages to Ivana Trump, his first wife, and Melania Trump, his third and current spouse.

The photograph he thought showed Maples shows Trump in Carroll’s company in the 1990s. In his deposition, Trump said it showed a “receiving line” at an event.

In the extracts released last week, Trump said of Carroll: “She said that I did something to her that never took place. There was no anything. I know nothing about this nut job.”

He also accused Carroll of alleging he raped her in order to promote “a really crummy book”.

To Carroll’s lawyer, he said: “I will sue her after this is over, and that’s the thing I really look forward to doing. And I’ll sue you, too.”

Trump also called Carroll “mentally sick” and falsely claimed she had talked about enjoying sexual assault.

“She actually indicated that she loved it,” he said. “OK? She loved it until commercial break. In fact, I think she said it was sexy, didn’t she? She said it was very sexy to be raped. Didn’t she say that?”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... deposition
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

also too
Trump testified E Jean Carroll was ‘nut job’ who said she enjoyed being sexually assaulted
Lawyer for writer who accused him of rape asked if ex-president was admitting to it, unsealed testimony shows

Joanna Walters in New York and agencies
Sat 14 Jan 2023 16.31 GMT

Donald Trump called the writer E Jean Carroll a “nut job” in video testimony last year and falsely claimed she had enjoyed being sexually assaulted – prompting her lawyer to ask if he was admitting he had raped her, according to freshly unsealed testimony.

Questioned for a lawsuit, Trump, the former US president, angrily hurled insults and threatened to sue the columnist who accused him of raping her in the New York upscale department store Bergdorf Goodman in the 1990s, according to excerpts of his videotaped testimony. The tapes were recorded last October and unsealed by a court on Friday.

The New York court on Friday also rejected as “absurd” Trump’s attempt to have dismissed the two lawsuits against him by Carroll, alleging rape and libel. An April trial is planned.

“She said that I did something to her that never took place. There was no anything. I know nothing about this nut job,” he said, according to the transcript of the October testimony.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... it-nut-job

Which is it - I know nothing - or - she enjoyed being sexually assaulted :?:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

He totally did it. Lets get the DNA
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Donald Trump mistook E Jean Carroll, the writer who accuses him of rape, for his ex-wife Marla Maples during a deposition in the case last year, excerpts released in US district court on Wednesday showed.
Alzheimers?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Not necessarily. Take a look at pix of E. Jean Caroll and Marla Maples at the time. They are very, very similar. In fact, exactly TFG's "type." That's the point.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

New lawyer delay tactic, mark 1b.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Habba’s out, writes a letter to the judge saying the change in attorneys isn’t a delay tactic. Trust us!

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 5.46.0.pdf

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Status conference in
@EJeanCarroll
's lawsuit against Trump has been scheduled for next Tuesday, Feb. 7.

Stay tuned. We'll be covering it live.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Good morning from New York.

I'm in SDNY for a hearing in
@EJeanCarroll
's lawsuits accusing former President Trump of rape. They're currently preparing for an April trial — and hashing out a shake-up in Trump's legal team.

Background,
@LawCrimeNews
:
Adam is live tweeting for us :bighug:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Re: "She's not my type"

That's E. Jean Caroll in the back left. Marla Maples in the inset.

This is the picture (san inset) that TFG said, twice, was "my wife, Marla".
e jean caroll v marla maples.jpg
e jean caroll v marla maples.jpg (100.96 KiB) Viewed 4730 times
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump rape case: Lawyer blasts the former president's offer to finally submit DNA as a 'bad faith' delay tactic

Ashley Collman,Laura Italiano
Sat, February 11, 2023 at 12:11 AM GMT+1
  • Trump is now willing to submit a DNA sample for his civil rape case in NY, new court papers say.
    The deadline for new evidence has passed, so it's unclear if the sample will come into play at trial.
    Carroll's attorney called the offer "yet another bad faith and legally frivolous delay tactic."
Former President Donald Trump has agreed to undergo DNA testing as part of his defense in an upcoming civil rape trial in New York federal court, but lawyers for his accuser say the offer is coming too late and is just another delay tactic.

Trump's sudden willingness to submit a DNA sample after discovery in the case has ended — and after three years of denying the request — was confirmed in court papers Friday. It was first reported by the Daily Beast.

"Mr. Trump is indeed willing to provide a DNA sample for the sole purpose of comparing it to the DNA found on the dress at issue," Trump attorney Joe Tacopina says in the filing.

But the former president is also demanding that his accuser first turn over the genome it would be compared to.

"Mr. Trump's DNA is either on the dress or it is not," and his accuser should be willing to come forward with her own evidence, the filing argues.

"'Why is Plaintiff now hiding from this reality?" the filing asks. "We surmise that the answer to that question is that she knows his DNA is not on the dress because the alleged sexual assault never occurred."

Lawyers for Trump's accuser, E. Jean Carroll, vehemently opposed the last-minute offer for a DNA swab in their response to Tacopina's letter on Friday.

Carroll's lawyers first requested Trump's DNA in January 2020 to compare against skin particles found on the dress she said she was wearing during the alleged assault. But Trump resisted for years. Her lawyers now say he shouldn't be allowed to suddenly change his mind ahead of trial.

"Trump may prefer to put off trial for another day, and he (and his new lawyers,) may regret decisions that he made earlier in this case, but that is no basis to again delay Carroll's day in court," one of Carroll's attorneys, Roberta Kaplan, wrote on Friday.

She also called the last-minute offer a "blatant effort to influence the jury pool" and "yet another bad faith and legally frivolous delay tactic."

It's unclear if the judge will allow the last-minute DNA sample. Judge Lewis A. Kaplan (no relation to Carroll's attorney) has already complained multiple times about Trump's side dragging the case out with delay after delay.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-rape-c ... 55673.html
(original: Business Insider)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump’s DNA Proposal in Rape Accuser Suit Rejected by Judge

Erik Larson
Wed, February 15, 2023 at 7:07 PM GMT+1

(Bloomberg) -- Donald Trump’s offer to provide a DNA sample to a New York writer who claims he raped her in the 1990s was rejected by a judge as too late and with too many strings attached.

After balking at the request for years, the former president last week offered the DNA sample to his accuser, E. Jean Carroll. In exchange, he wanted her to turn over pages he says are missing from a forensic report on the dress she says she wore during the alleged attack.

US District Judge Lewis Kaplan said in a ruling Wednesday that there “is no justification for any such deal,” with a trial set to start in April.

Trump “failed to demonstrate good cause to reopen discovery for the purpose of obtaining these pages of the DNA report,” Kaplan wrote. “Nor is there any legitimate basis for this court to accept Mr. Trump’s offer to provide his DNA sample made contingent on the court granting his application.”

Trump’s lawyer Joseph Tacopina declined to comment on the ruling. Trump has long denied attacking Carroll and claims the lawsuit is part of a broader “witch hunt” against him.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-dna-pr ... 43040.html
(original: Bloomberg)
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

the art of the deal
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Pretty stunning admission. I can see why trumps lawyers are now trying to bar the access Hollywood tape from being admitted into evidence. It wasn't just locker room talk after all.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

I always found it hard to believe that he survived that tape release. Howard Dean got a bit excited and did a little scream and it ended his presidential run.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

jemcanada2 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:32 pm I always found it hard to believe that he survived that tape release. Howard Dean got a bit excited and did a little scream and it ended his presidential run.
Howard Dean had not converted his voting block into a cult. Turning the voters into a cult is the key to understanding how Trump can, and KNOWS he can, shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose support. The day he made that statement, he fully understood that he had succeeded in turning the Republican base into a cult. HIS cult.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

JUST IN: A federal judge ruled today that Jean Carroll may introduce the Access Hollywood tape as evidence in her lawsuit against Donald Trump. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .145.0.pdf

Judge KAPLAN will also allow the testimony of two other women who have claimed Trump sexually assaulted them.
:lol: The first comment there, exploding ketchup bottle :lol:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:prettyplease:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@RonFilipkowski
So the jury will get to hear a tape of him bragging about sexually assaulting women in his trial about sexually assaulting a woman. It should go well for him.
:thumbsup:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Just in: the red tide on Florida shores is actually ketchup!!

from the comments :lol:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Trump and E. Jean Carroll agree to combine rape defamation trials

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/03/19/poli ... index.html
Former President Donald Trump and E. Jean Carroll have agreed to combine two upcoming trials next month regarding Carroll’s claim that Trump raped her in the mid-1990s.

In a joint court filing Friday, lawyers said they wanted to hold the trial April 25 in New York in two suits Carroll has filed – one for allegedly defamatory comments Trump made as president in 2019, and a second for battery and other statements Trump made after he left office.

Trump denies all claims brought against him by Carroll.

Carroll, a former magazine writer, alleged Trump raped her in a New York department store dressing room and defamed her when he denied the rape, said “she’s not my type” and alleged she made the claim to boost sales of her book.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New—

Former President Trump and E. Jean Carroll want a federal judge to make a small exception to the anonymous jury ruling, allowing them to confidentially access the names of the candidates.

Background,
@LawCrimeNews
https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/e-j ... nd-jurors/
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Give the name to Donnie’s lawyers is one sure way if his mob getting those names. :(
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Dave from down under wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:04 pm Give the name to Donnie’s lawyers is one sure way if his mob getting those names. :(
Nice jury pool you have here....be a shame if something were to happen to it....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”