Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
tek

Post by tek »

remain committed to serving the district
uh huh. :nope:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Over/Under of Valentine's Day.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

By my calculation he lasted a whole 1.5 scarramucci's on committee assignments.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
much ado

Post by much ado »

This appears to be the full Miami Herald article, not behind a paywall...

'Impossible' parking fees, puzzling diner bills: Retracing George Santos' steps in Miami

Kendra wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:28 pm
NEW: George Santos reported meals at a Miami Beach diner. The diner found no record of them.

He reported parking at a Miami Beach lot. The city says the dollar amounts would be impossible.

Retracing Santos’ steps in South Florida:

Paywall :/
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:bighug: Thanks for the link.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:55 pm
neonzx wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:31 pm
Foggy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:26 pm Besides, I didn't pick the name Kitara Ravache! :lol:
Pfft. You're just jealous because you don't look as good as her in heels.
No one will ever know what I look like in high heels, including me. I have been extremely drunk and extremely high on drugs in my wayward youth, but it never once occurred to me that dressing in women's clothing would be fun. Or interesting, or anything but weird. I don't have any moral qualms, it just wasn't my thing.

And now that you brought it up, screw this dude Ravache/Santos/Devolder/yo mama. Instead, let's have a contest.

I wear size 13 shoes, extra wide.

Post a photo of the lady whose high heels I have to steal, for them to fit me.

She will probably have to be about 6' 3" and a wrestler or weight-lifter or mob enforcer or some other kind of thugette. They gotta be military-grade high heels or I'll break one of them every five klicks, marching in the desert or wherever (I march on the asphalt on the North Raleigh Greenway).

One rule: She must be a genuine female homo sapiens. No robots, no space aliens, no Bigfoots or Yetis or anything like that. No guys in drag, that's how we got into this mess. I'm not against drag queens, but that would be cheating. :fingerwag: Oh, wait, Kitara is all about the cheating.

Anyway, and she has to have big feet. :mrgreen:

But it's okay if she's bigger than me, because she won't be able to run really fast after I steal her shoes, but I can still run, and I won't put on the high heels until I get away.

So you can see this is a serious plan, with all the details worked out.
Off Topic
You need yo'self summa those Kinky Boots! https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434124/me ... f_=tt_ov_i
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/ ... -rcna68349
The vast majority of voters in a new poll of embattled New York Republican Rep. George Santos' district want the congressman to resign amid the litany of scandals and revelations he misled voters about his biography.

Seventy-eight percent of voters in the state's 3rd Congressional district want Santos' resignation (including 89% of Democrats, 72% of independents/others and 71% of Republicans), compared to just 13% who do not want him to step down, according to the latest Newsday/Siena College poll.

Santos is viewed unfavorably by 83% of the voters in the district, according to the poll, a view again shared by the majority of people across partisan stripes (just 7% view him favorably).
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:38 pm https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/ ... -rcna68349
The vast majority of voters in a new poll of embattled New York Republican Rep. George Santos' district want the congressman to resign amid the litany of scandals and revelations he misled voters about his biography.
BUT... But... but... he has 74,222,958 voters vouching for him :twisted:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Just in: Santos' old treasurer has resigned. He does not have a treasurer, meaning he can't raise or spend money. He also has to file a campaign finance report ... today. https://docquery.fec.gov/pdf/882/202301 ... 449882.pdf
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:02 pm quote]Just in: Santos' old treasurer has resigned. He does not have a treasurer, meaning he can't raise or spend money. He also has to file a campaign finance report ... today. https://docquery.fec.gov/pdf/882/202301 ... 449882.pdf
Oh Noes. This is very troubling. What is Kitara going to do now?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Interesting, Shirley, NY is not in Santos' district.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:55 pm :snippity:

I wear size 13 shoes, extra wide.

:snippity:

So you can see this is a serious plan, with all the details worked out.
Except I suspect you listed your size in MEN'S shoe size didn't you?

So what's that in WOMEN'S size.

How can we find your Amazon if we don't know HER shoe size?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:53 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:38 pm https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/ ... -rcna68349
BUT... But... but... he has 74,222,958 voters vouching for him :twisted:
I am extremely worried about the 13%.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Santos: In New York’s third congressional district, we are seeing an uptick in crime
I believe he did a sit down interview with OAN, but only saw clip on the TV and no clips online yet.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

His district has one of the lowest crime rates in the USA. Pathological liar lies.
Hic sunt dracones
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Suranis wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:15 pm His district has one of the lowest crime rates in the USA. Pathological liar lies.
After counting all his lies and potential crimes of fraud, yeah, I think his district may be jumping up in the crime rate.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:15 pm His district has one of the lowest crime rates in the USA. Pathological liar lies.
Ha! He fixed it while everyone was going on about his resume. :rotflmao:

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:42 pm
Oh, wait just a damn minute. If this guy gave a copy of Hunter Biden's laptop to Matt Gaetz, and Gaetz placed it into the congressional record, why is everyone still waiting to look at it? It should be a matter of public record now.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

bill_g wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:54 am Oh, wait just a damn minute. If this guy gave a copy of Hunter Biden's laptop to Matt Gaetz, and Gaetz placed it into the congressional record, why is everyone still waiting to look at it? It should be a matter of public record now.
National Review and the Daily Caller said those mean Democrats refused to do it, citing pesky things like rules and such. But it still means Gaetz has a copy.

https://news.yahoo.com/democrats-reject ... 16583.html
National Review
Democrats Reject GOP Attempts to Upload Hunter Biden’s Laptop into Congressional Record: Report

Brittany Bernstein
April 18, 2022·3 min read
In this article:

House Judiciary Committee Democratic staff are refusing to upload the contents of Hunter Biden’s recovered laptop in a searchable format into the congressional record, according to a new report.

Representative Matt Gaetz (R., Fla.) first moved to enter the laptop — which the younger Biden allegedly left with a Delaware repair shop — during a March 29 hearing. Though the committee chairman, Representative Jerry Nadler (D., N.Y.), initially planned to object to the request, he allowed the laptop to be entered into the record.

Now, staffers appointed by Nadler are saying they cannot upload the laptop due to technological limitations, the Daily Caller reported. They say Gaetz’s office must print hard copies and PDF-form documents of pages to be uploaded into the record, even though Gaetz’s office offered to provide the equipment needed for the digital transfer, a Republican staffer told the outlet.

“Democrats in the majority used multiple excuses to avoid handling the Hunter Biden laptop in any fashion other than accepting the hard drive via hand delivery,” the Republican staffer told the Daily Caller.

“Democrats and majority staff are actively obstructing the American people from being able to see the laptop in the public record. They have all the resources they need to enter Hunter’s laptop into the record — they’re purposefully delaying the process. It’s their responsibility as majority staff to enter materials into the record granted by unanimous consent like Hunter Biden’s laptop. The American people should be asking, ‘Why aren’t Democrat majority staff doing their jobs?’ and ‘What will happen if they continue to obstruct official business of Congress?’”

While House rules require committee staff to upload record entries, the staffers’ refusal to digitally upload the contents of the laptop has required Gaetz’s office to use its own resources in creating copies.

The Hunter Biden laptop story has seen a resurgence in recent months, after some of the contents of the laptops were initially reported by the New York Post in October 2020, just before the presidential election. At the time the story broke, much of the mainstream media dismissed the story as Russian disinformation.
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Suranis wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:09 am National Review and the Daily Caller said those mean Democrats refused to do it, citing pesky things like rules and such. But it still means Gaetz has a copy.

https://news.yahoo.com/democrats-reject ... 16583.html
National Review
Democrats Reject GOP Attempts to Upload Hunter Biden’s Laptop into Congressional Record: Report
Well then, considering the GOP controls the House now, Mr Gaetz should avail himself this opportunity to accomplish that forthwith. The American People have a Right to Know!!! What is Mr Gaetz hiding?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Paywall.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

as above
George Santos’s Treasurer Has Resigned, Leaving a Trail of Questions
Nancy Marks’s resignation puts further pressure on Mr. Santos, whose campaign finances have already attracted attention from law enforcement agencies.

By Grace Ashford and Michael Gold
Jan. 31, 2023

The longtime campaign treasurer and trusted aide of embattled Representative George Santos has resigned, potentially exacerbating the congressman’s already troubled finances.

The treasurer, Nancy Marks, whose resignation was made public on Tuesday in letters filed with the Federal Election Commission, has been with from Mr. Santos since his first run for office, assisting with accounting and fund-raising and joining him in at least one for-profit business endeavor.

Much of what Ms. Marks oversaw is the focus of several complaints filed with the F.E.C.; Mr. Santos, a Republican elected in November to represent New York’s Third Congressional District, is also the subject of separate inquiries by local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.

On Tuesday night, the Santos campaign filed a year-end report bearing the signature of a new treasurer, Andrew Olson. But the filings offered little detail beyond his name, and the campaign has not yet filed paperwork designating Mr. Olson in that role.

Ms. Marks’s letters said that she had resigned on Jan. 25 — the same day that the Santos campaign committee, as well as several affiliated financial committees, filed paperwork stating that Ms. Marks was being replaced as treasurer by Thomas Datwyler.

But Mr. Datwyler, a veteran campaign finance consultant affiliated with a number of Republican committees, said that he had told Mr. Santos’s team that he was not interested in assuming those duties. His lawyer, Derek Ross, sent a letter to the F.E.C. saying that Mr. Datwyler “did not file or authorize” the new campaign paperwork and that he did not authorize the forms “to be signed on his behalf.”

The lawyer also suggested that the F.E.C. “refer this matter to the appropriate law enforcement agency to determine whether a crime has occurred.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/31/nyre ... money.html

gift link https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/31/nyre ... =share-url
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks RTH :bighug:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

As if the FEC is going to do anything.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “Current Politics”