Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Billy Porter Deserves His Own Damn Thread!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/b ... ar-AAPYLHu
Billy Porter To Direct ‘Camp’ For HBO Max And Warner Bros

EXCLUSIVE: Billy Porter has come on board to direct the feature adaptation of Camp for HBO Max and Warner Bros. Oscar winner Dan Jinks is producing through The Dan Jinks Company, and Robert O’Hara is rewriting the screenplay by Kit Williamson, which is based on the YA novel by Lev Rosen.

The film follows 16-year-old Randy Kapplehoff, who loves spending the summer at Camp Outland, a camp for queer teens. It’s where he met his best friends. It’s where he takes to the stage in the big musical. And it’s where he fell for Hudson Aaronson-Lim – who’s only into straight-acting guys and barely knows not-at-all-straight-acting Randy even exists. Randy reinvents himself over the summer as Del, a buff, masculine and on-the-market camper. Even if it means giving up show tunes, nail polish and his unicorn bedsheets, he’s determined to get Hudson to fall for him. But as he and Hudson grow closer, Randy has to ask himself how much he is willing to change for love. And is it really love anyway, if Hudson doesn’t know who he truly is?
AAPYJES.jpeg
AAPYJES.jpeg (62.98 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Billy Porter Deserves His Own Damn Thread!

Post by Foggy »

:like:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Billy Porter performs at the 2022 Tony Awards!
https___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_220612210705-70-tony-awards-2022.jpg
https___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_220612210705-70-tony-awards-2022.jpg (97.61 KiB) Viewed 1101 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:

Local boy, went to the same high school as I did (not at the same time :biggrin: ). He comes back here often and does lots of good stuff for the community. Good guy.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

He did the "In Memoriam" segment at the Tonys:

Tiredretiredlawyer

WOW! What voice control!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

His directorial premier is streaming on Amazon, starting today. "Anything's Possible" LGBTQ movie set in Pittsburgh!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer

:dance:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

This thread always makes me smile, and I really needed it today.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... st-dressed

The Golden Globes red carpet was fabulous.
Go see Billy Porter in a MAGENTA ENSEMBLE!!!!!!!!!!! :daydreaming: :daydreaming: :daydreaming: :daydreaming:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Wow!
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

He makes it all look good!
Tiredretiredlawyer

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

That was ridiculously cute and funny.

Thanks!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.phipps.conservatory.org/cal ... lly-Porter

Starting Sat., May 6, Phipps invites you to Flowers Meet Fashion: Inspired by Billy Porter. This spectacular new show will feature brilliant horticultural displays and breathtaking fashion designs inspired by Billy Porter's local roots and iconic array of accomplishments as an award-winning actor, singer, director, composer and playwright. With the help of six professional fashion designers and costumers and students from Billy’s local alma maters, Carnegie Mellon University and Pittsburgh CAPA High School, Phipps has created an unforgettable experience for all.

Stunning scenes in room after room will place you directly into fantastic merger of fashion and flora, surrounding you with bursts of bright blooms like geraniums, begonias, philodendron and so much more. Prepare to be wowed as you behold unique designs and gorgeous gowns enhanced by beauty that only Phipps can provide.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm not sure what M. Porter's pronouns are but M. Porter deserves anything M. Porter damn well wants.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer

:daydreaming: Billy Porter…
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

I saw him last night on the 90th birthday tribute to Carol Burnett. He and Bernadette Peters sang "Easy Street" from "Annie".
Tiredretiredlawyer

:daydreaming:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

My son and I went to the Phipps Billy Porter show this morning. I will put some photos up in the next day or two. Awesome!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Attachments
IMG_1577.jpg
IMG_1577.jpg (53.55 KiB) Viewed 273 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

IMG_1626(1).jpg
IMG_1626(1).jpg (60.25 KiB) Viewed 267 times
These are all vintage brooches. I meant to get a closeup, but I apparently didn't. :(
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

IMG_1584(1).jpg
IMG_1584(1).jpg (69.7 KiB) Viewed 267 times
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

I am always so excited to see these posts!! I always let Billy know. Andy, if it's OK, I'll send these pix along to Billy (aka Ellis to friends and family). :lovestruck:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:46 pm I am always so excited to see these posts!! I always let Billy know. Andy, if it's OK, I'll send these pix along to Billy (aka Ellis to friends and family). :lovestruck:
He was here to see it a week or two ago. And tell him we loved the show!

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”