Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ammon Bundy must capitalize on his success in the election

Poots are fighting for FreeDumb
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

... and I'm not saying that because the invasion of Malheur was the greatest new influx of wonderful people to Fogbow, oh no. Certainly not. :batting:

But here's the deal: We have an Earthling who must have the attention of the public. His latest episode, you might think was unsuccessful, but he actually got 17.2% of the vote for governor of Idaho, which is not too shabby. The second place finisher only beat him by three points. Considering he ran as an independent espousing radical views, he was quite successful, imho.

So he has a base of support for his next attention-grabbing episode, whate'er it may be. He has displayed the bravery stupidity of being carried out of the state capitol handcuffed to a chair (several times). He's a celebrity, but he has to plan and execute his next move. And as a celebrity, he should be aware of what everyone in Hollywood knows - if you let your act get stale, you'll never be heard from again. He absolutely has to do something to get back in the news.

Keep in mind, there's about 32 million acres of federal public land in Idaho, representing more than 60% of the state.

I think he should go big or go home, myself. I have ideas, but I am not going to suggest anything that may be unlawful.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Would these plans include French vanilla creamer and dildo shaped gummies? :batting: :batting:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I'm not gonna get us in trouble, although it would be irresponsible not to speculate.

The thing is, I'm sure something similar is going through his punkin' brainbone right now. He really did have an impressive showing in the election, but if he's going to be the leader of a movement he has to keep in the news and doing things a leader might possibly be expected to do. He can't just sit around twiddling his thumbs.

And since he didn't become governor, he has to try something else. What it is, remains to be seen revealed.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Eh, I think much of Idaho's pretty radical-my impression is there are lots of white supremacists, apoplectic apocalyptic
anti-government survivalists, freemen on the land fakes, we "homeschool" (wink wink nudge nudge) families, who-can-forget-Ruby-Ridge types, etc. I'm surprised he didn't get more votes. But then maybe some of the more sincere fraidies can smell a grifter fake.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

I know how he can get into the National News!!!

Self Immolation!!!!!

People will be talking about him taking a stand snd a whoosh!!! For ages!!!

Less the white horse prophesy..
More the crispy seditionist…

But still… think of the coverage!!!
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:48 pm I'm not gonna get us in trouble, although it would be irresponsible not to speculate.

The thing is, I'm sure something similar is going through his punkin' brainbone right now. He really did have an impressive showing in the election, but if he's going to be the leader of a movement he has to keep in the news and doing things a leader might possibly be expected to do.
There it is. What "movement"? Black Lives Matter has a core issue that's understandable and hasn't budged (and is still clearly going on). But his "movement" changes every day. Ranchers. Public lands. That family in Oregon burning deer carcasses and tormenting a kid. CPS, hospitals, and parents with a failing-to-thrive infant. Maybe anti-vaccine stuff (though that was more KK). It's all vaguely anti-authority, but there's no real core mission, and a lot of people outside his geography and religion don't get it.

Whatever happened to the slice of heaven campground people? (I can't remember their name but they paid an enormous amount of money for a patch of ground that wasn't worth squat, which I never figured out-good farmland around here doesn't cost nearly what they paid for it.)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

jemcanada2 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:20 pm Would these plans include French vanilla creamer and dildo shaped gummies? :batting: :batting:
Memories...I have never, ever been able to put French Vanilla creamer in my coffee.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Believe it or not, we honeymooned in Idaho with rafts and kayaks. Their network of campgrounds with year-round hosts is unparalleled. So much natural beauty! Did you know that the Big Rock Candy Mountain is real? Yeah, and it’s in Idaho! Lemonade Springs, bluebirds, everything.

The folks we met 33 years ago along the way were normal, nice, unremarkable. Just about every “antique” store we stopped by was owned by an expat Californian. Coure d’Alene was the spookiest place. Bad vibes.

Since then… yeah, I wouldn’t honeymoon there now.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Bundy does things half-assed. His gamble on Malheur was supported by a revolving door cast of misfits, down on their luck types, anti-government sorts, and others who thought that he was the Messiah who would lead them into and out of the Promised Land. From my memory, he really did not have much of a plan other than to take possession of the refuge with his motley crew and then hold it hostage while he negotiated its restoration to The People. I recall his brother, Ryan, staking out his quarter section of prime Oregon real estate soon after they chased away the employees at the refuge.

He only succeeded in avoiding conviction because the DOJ and FBI botched their jobs. That incident in and of itself emboldened him to pursue other matters.

Foggy may be right: We haven't heard the last of ole Ammo. But I really do not think that he can gain any sort of higher political office--either in Idaho or elsewhere. He may win election to a city council or county supervisor. But I think that would be his ceiling.

He can come across as charismatic at times. But I also think that he pushes his agenda too far and too much for the average conservative. And I do not believe that he will ever be able to overcome his appeal to the white supremacy/skinhead/anarchist types to attract a whole lot of mainstream conservative voters.

Then again, look at MTG and George Anthony Devolder Santos and others. So, I could be wrong. :shrug: Wouldn't be the first time.....
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

He's become an attention addict, IMHO. But your comments about his lack of a central philosophy and about the motley crew of people who descended on Malheur seven years ago are spot on. He has struggled to find a dedicated throng of devotees, always a drawback for an aspiring prophet.

But I'm counting on him to give us that little bit of extra effort to put him over the top in 2023. Go for it, cupcake big guy.
:cheer1:
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

If I remember correctly, the Big Rock Candy Mountain in song is in Utah, along Hwy 89. But, hey. There's probably a few such places.

IMV, Bundy is all about Bundy until the resolution of his civil case. And, perhaps I place too much optimism regarding the efficacy of his criminal probation. But, I see him on ice politically for the next 9 months, promoting his own, personal, cause.

Beyond that, I'm also of the belief that he's become through time viewed as a religious nutter Gentiles have always been warned about Mormons. Gentile "patriot" militia types like the Idaho Liberty Dogs largely see things this way. As such, Bundy's acolytes have become both a group of LDS crazies (of which there is a large supply in both Idaho and Utah) and ignorant internet knuckleheads who largely will never act beyond a Florida keyboard.

So, sure. Some event will likely come along, any kind of issue from the past (including those of longtime Deznat Sagebrush Reb befector). It might be something new - like a federal arrest for tax fraud, money laundering, wire transfer, conspiracy to commit.

Spitballing and if he's not indicted?

He runs for Sheriff of Gem County, Idaho. He could win with the LDS wacko support he has left, work with the Smith network that includes the CSPOA and remain firmly in the public eye.
Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:59 pm
Foggy wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:48 pm I'm not gonna get us in trouble, although it would be irresponsible not to speculate.

The thing is, I'm sure something similar is going through his punkin' brainbone right now. He really did have an impressive showing in the election, but if he's going to be the leader of a movement he has to keep in the news and doing things a leader might possibly be expected to do.
There it is. What "movement"? Black Lives Matter has a core issue that's understandable and hasn't budged (and is still clearly going on). But his "movement" changes every day. Ranchers. Public lands. That family in Oregon burning deer carcasses and tormenting a kid. CPS, hospitals, and parents with a failing-to-thrive infant. Maybe anti-vaccine stuff (though that was more KK). It's all vaguely anti-authority, but there's no real core mission, and a lot of people outside his geography and religion don't get it.

Whatever happened to the slice of heaven campground people? (I can't remember their name but they paid an enormous amount of money for a patch of ground that wasn't worth squat, which I never figured out-good farmland around here doesn't cost nearly what they paid for it.)
Patch of dirt folks haven't updated their quixotic thingy since August when they were illegally bulldozing shit. I haven't checked court records.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (40.07 KiB) Viewed 754 times

Return to “Bundys and their elk”